Roy Keane

Tiro

https://www.footballscotland.co.uk/spfl/scottish-premiership/michael-stewart-roasted-roy-keane-28939182

How arrogant is this guy?.  He undoubtedly had ability but humility was never one of his strong points, hence the grudge he bears against Sir Alex Ferguson for binning him. He seems to forget that when he turned out for Celtic he played like a  player from a pub team and as Alfie Haaland would testify he made ridiculous tackles like a player from a pub team.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sir PH

• Samuel Camazzola

• Bull's-eye

• JimmyCant

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Gordons left glove

He's a prick 

Not a fan of Keane as a person. He's become a parody of himself as a pundit and seems overly critical of everyone all the time. Just feels very contrived. 

He was having a pop at Haaland recently and it was clearly playing into the narrative regarding the bad blood between Keane and his dad. 

It's no wonder he didn't make it as a manager. Can't imagine his man management skills being great.

i wish jj was my dad

No matter how good Keane might have been, like a lot of big time Charlies he wasn't good enough by the time he came up here. 

Saint Jambo

I wonder if he considers Clyde a pub team as well.

Fozzyonthefence
8 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

I wonder if he considers Clyde a pub team as well.

🤭Was that not his debut as well?

Both Hearts & Hibs in terms of fan base are on a par with most Championship clubs. Christ, if we could expand our stadium we'd be filling it at 30k IMO. 

Condescending punching down comments never come off well. 

been here before
22 minutes ago, henrysmithsgloves said:

He owns a GSD,so not all bad in my book🤔

Hair straightners?

John Findlay

Was he not in the Celtic team gubbed 3-0 at Tynecastle, when Paul Hartley took the quick free kick and scored against Boruc?

Fozzyonthefence
4 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Was he not in the Celtic team gubbed 3-0 at Tynecastle, when Paul Hartley took the quick free kick and scored against Boruc?

He was indeed.  A quick check and I see Dion Dublin was also put out to pasture in that Celtic team, topping up his retirement fund before he got all the tv gigs.  Forgot he played for them.  

John Findlay
1 minute ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

He was indeed.  A quick check and I see Dion Dublin was also put out to pasture in that Celtic team, topping up his retirement fund before he got all the tv gigs.  Forgot he played for them.  

So Roy played in a pub team too.

Bazzas right boot
13 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

And iirc the 3-1, he missed a sitter did he not.

Actually, Roy Keane is all mouth and trousers in the public domain only.

iantjambo

Always saw him as a bit overrated. Absolute thug that was made to look better by the players around him.

JamboAl
2 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

Always saw him as a bit overrated. Absolute thug that was made to look better by the players around him.

TV pundits are ex players who have never managed or have managed with little or no success.  Keane fits this profile perfectly.

soonbe110
40 minutes ago, OTT said:

Both Hearts & Hibs in terms of fan base are on a par with most Championship clubs. Christ, if we could expand our stadium we'd be filling it at 30k IMO. 

Condescending punching down comments never come off well. 

Think your 30k is as big a story as most of these pundits come up with. We currently sell about 18-20k home fan tickets at home games.  Where are the other 10k coming from? Buses coming from the west to support us? 

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

Think your 30k is as big a story as most of these pundits come up with. We currently sell about 18-20k home fan tickets at home games.  Where are the other 10k coming from? Buses coming from the west to support us? 

The 10,000 on the ST waiting list.

:lol:

4 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

7k+ waiting list. 3k away fans. 

Edited by OTT

Hearts_fan

Funny you don’t see the 10k when there aren’t seats for them. Saying they don’t exist because there’s not 30k in a 20k stadium is a perfect circle.

luckydug
9 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Who needs pundits to talk us down when we have 'fans' like you.

A successful Hearts team can attract big crowds.

trotter
1 hour ago, been here before said:

Hair straightners?

German Shepherd

Der Kaiser

Vastly overrated as a player. Just played in an era that suited his aggression and lack of skill.

Section Q

Keane will be as disrespectful as it takes just to stay on TV and earn a quid. 

A dreadfully unhappy man, and totally insensitive to everyone else.

Best to ignore....!

Cameronstheman

Stunted man with a massive chip on his shoulder

Big Patrick Vieira made him look like a little bhoy  time and time again

King prawn

Perhaps going against the grain here but I think he’ll always be remembered for his tackling (fouling) and forgotten for how good he was on the ball. Brilliant midfielder. 

As for him as a pundit, clearly says whatever he thinks will get more clicks for Sky. 

Benny Klack

To be fair at his peak he was a very good player - United would not have made the final in Barcelona if it wasn’t for his performance in the semi v Juventus.

An absolute walloper of a pundit though - a very carefully sculpted “hard man” persona. 

SeaOfMaroon
48 minutes ago, Cameronstheman said:

Stunted man with a massive chip on his shoulder

Big Patrick Vieira made him look like a little bhoy  time and time again

All those times that Arsenal won the league over Man Utd...oh wait

Benny Klack
1 hour ago, luckydug said:

Who needs pundits to talk us down when we have 'fans' like you.

A successful Hearts team can attract big crowds.

Think the poster is just being realistic mate. If you think we could pull 30k per week at the moment you’re living in fantasy land. 

hmfc_liam06
35 minutes ago, King prawn said:

Perhaps going against the grain here but I think he’ll always be remembered for his tackling (fouling) and forgotten for how good he was on the ball. Brilliant midfielder. 

As for him as a pundit, clearly says whatever he thinks will get more clicks for Sky. 

Correct, I think folk only remember the latter stages of his career.

Cameronstheman
5 minutes ago, SeaOfMaroon said:

Never said that you did

Big PV had him for toast as he seen the tiny wee fud for what he was 

Wee Mikey

I'm wondering if he styled himself on Rembrandt's 'Portrait of an Old Man'.

Screenshot_20240404_234749_Google.jpg

Screenshot_20240404_235326_Google.jpg

Howdy Doody Jambo

Roy was trying to motivate Michael Stewart who could answer back and some, I don't see much of a problem as Hearts & Hibs being compared to a top table giant at the time as Man Utd was only putting into perspective of the chance MS future had and where it could end up just fact 

Did MS under achieve at Man Utd ?

The gulf  between the EPL and SP is massive that's fact 

Costanza

I like him on Stick To Football but he's actually not that great a pundit.

Bob Loblaw

It's not exactly something to be bothered about is it? He's making an exaggerated joke to slag Stewart.

Also, folk claiming he wasn't that good are at it. Keane was a brilliant football player.

Keane offers absolutely zero input into anything informative about the game he is analysing. He's slowly become a parody of himself and while I've found some of his quips quite humorous at times I'd rather watch adverts than listen to him.

I think he was an outstanding player who made Man Utd the team they were.  He was surrounded by more talented players, but he did the work that made it easy for them to perform, he was an absolute leader and nearly all of them looked up to him (and still do to this day).

Nowadays, I agree with @Polonia Gorgie that he is the Simon Cowell of football, but I do like him on Stick to Football.  His relationship with Ian Wright is good to watch.

Samuel Camazzola
8 hours ago, iantjambo said:

I think you need to re-watch his games. 'World-class' is banded about far to easily nowadays but he was exactly that. Easily the best midfielder in the league of his era. He set standards and raised the games of those around him. 

Gorgierools
9 hours ago, henrysmithsgloves said:

He owns a GSD,so not all bad in my book🤔

Chinese Lecky car?

Jean Louis Valois

I like him. People are insulted by anything these days.

6 hours ago, SeaOfMaroon said:

Three times and umpteen cups.

AC Mallin_51

I’m not a fan of mikey Stewart but if Keane is still irked by it all these years later then Mikey must’ve really riled him up 😆 Keane is an ego maniac who likes the sound of his own voice, one of many players who’ve came up from the EPL thinking Scottish Football would be a doddle and ended up not being able to cope 

Mister T
8 hours ago, Hearts_fan said:

Funny you don’t see the 10k when there aren’t seats for them. Saying they don’t exist because there’s not 30k in a 20k stadium is a perfect circle.

That's like something a hippy would have said at Woodstock in 1969 😂

19 minutes ago, AC Mallin_51 said:

I’m not a fan of mikey Stewart but if Keane is still irked by it all these years later then Mikey must’ve really riled him up 😆 Keane is an ego maniac who likes the sound of his own voice, one of many players who’ve came up from the EPL thinking Scottish Football would be a doddle and ended up not being able to cope 

I doubt very much if Keane is still irked by a kid who barely kicked a ball in anger for Manchester United's first team. He was only responding to Rio Ferdinand's question. 

As for not being able to cope up here, he was 35 and his legs had gone. A peak Roy Keane could have played in the SPL with his eyes closed.

Edited by Sir PH

6 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

I doubt very much if Keane is still irked by a kid who barely kicked a ball in anger for Manchester United's first team. He was only responding to Rio Ferdinand's question. 

As for not being able to cope up here, he was 35 and his legs had gone. A peak Roy Keane could have played in the SPL with his eyes closed.

We will never know, what we do know is he tried, thought it would be easy, failed, so slagged Scottish football off instead.