Dunfermline Athletic Training Ground

dannymack

dannymack
6 minutes ago, the posh bit said:

Knew a guy who lived near the old CSC in Rosyth, used to get a cracking pint of Tennents in there. 

Played a cup tie there many years ago with the intentions of going up Dunfermline Town after it... bus stayed in the car park until "yon time" 😊🙈🥳

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dannymack

• kingantti1874

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

kingantti1874
7 minutes ago, dannymack said:

Deary me,no one set out to be disrespectful or derogatory, only yourself and one other disregarded opposite opinions by using the terminology "tripe and blah blah blah."

Thankfully my opinion is aligned with certain members of staff of the club too. 

Staff or CEO? Becuase we know what his opinion is don’t we !! becuase it’s public and the official position of the club.

Ps - tripe is hardly disrespectful is it. I think you’re being a tad sensitive . Describing a post as “tripe” certainly a lot less disrespectful than calling a poster  ignoramus.  

Edited by kingantti1874

been here before
7 minutes ago, dannymack said:

Deary me,no one set out to be disrespectful or derogatory, only yourself and one other disregarded opposite opinions by using the terminology "tripe and blah blah blah."

Thankfully my opinion is aligned with certain members of staff of the club too. 

You're dealing with the ultimate Hearts jammie wearer here, you'll never better him.

Which for you is a good thing, for him much less so.

Edited by been here before

dannymack
4 hours ago, Sooks said:

I think we will expand our presence at Oriam. I think we will build on land close to the current facilities and put in the things that we need which are currently missing . Seems like the most cost effective way of doing it 

If 2 top quality outdoor pitches can be laid that are properly maintained with a decent sized indoor facility specifically for HMFC can be erected then bash on... we need that more than being 3rd in the pecking order. 

dannymack
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Staff or CEO? Becuase we know what his opinion is don’t we becuase it’s public. 

Ps - tripe is hardly disrespectful is it. I think your being a tad sensitive 

I think I'd rather listen to staff than the CEO when it comes to on the field issues whether that be the 90 minute game or the coaching sessions.

Come on does our CEO have his coaching badges and experience at the top levels of football ? The guy with Scotland certainly does. 

What matters more to you ? 

Sensitivity matters when your trying to have an adult discussion on a serious topic, disregarding someone's opinion is tripe will not get you far in life unless your shouting at the TV. 

Edited by dannymack

kingantti1874
4 minutes ago, dannymack said:

I think I'd rather listen to staff than the CEO when it comes to on the field issues whether that be the 90 minute game or the coaching sessions.

Come on does our CEO have his coaching badges and experience at the top levels of football ? The guy with Scotland certainly does. 

What matters more to you ? 

I acknowledge the opinion if that’s true. It doesn’t mean I’d spend £20m and put a weight around the clubs neck for a decade to resolve it.  

Invest a sensible amount of money for a club of our size. We don’t need a full time indoor facility having one  available when required is perfect,  fix the pitches, resolve any issues agree a sensible compromise for hearts and the oriam which benefits all.  

I apologise if calling your post tripe was somehow offensive, it was not intended to be offensive. 

I’ll leave it there and come back to this debate when we get sight of the clubs plans.  I trust we will do the right thing. 

Edited by kingantti1874

It would be foolhardy if HMFC invested in new developments at Riccarton. The land is owned by Heriot-Watt on behalf of the Exchequer and therefore so would any facility built upon it. There is no incentive for HW to sell land to HMFC because any proceeds would be snaffled by the Exchequer. Moreover HW developing the facilities for the sole or major use of HMFC is problematic as money in the public sector is limited and I’m sure HW will have higher capital investment priorities.

dannymack
56 minutes ago, been here before said:

You're dealing with the ultimate Hearts jammie wearer here, you'll never better him.

Which for you is a good thing, for him much less so.

👏👏👍👍