Dens Park Pitch Debacle

RustyRightPeg

19 minutes ago, I.T.K said:

It still annoys me that the diffrence between 1st and 2nd is about the same as between 3rd and 12th. 

Its tottally rigged. 

I don't have a problem with 1st getting the lion's share, it should be an achievement.

But in an uncompetitive league, it's just extending the gap.

• Replies 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• RustyRightPeg

• FarmerTweedy

• Pasquale for King

upgotheheads

This has probably been said already but anyway. 

The state of the Dundee pitch has already caused huge difficulties for the SPFL which are likely to continue for the rest of the season. A simple solution would be to dock three points from Dundee, which puts them down to the bottom six, leaving H1b5 and Motherwell to play for 6th place. In the bottom six Livi are already down, and although finalising the play-off place is important, it's not as important as finalising the top 6 places. Having Dundee in the top six has the potential to create huge problems for the fight for the European positions.

The problem for the SPFL is that Neil Doncaster owes Nelms a favour for helping him out over our relegation debacle.

buzzbomb1958
17 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

This has probably been said already but anyway. 

The state of the Dundee pitch has already caused huge difficulties for the SPFL which are likely to continue for the rest of the season. A simple solution would be to dock three points from Dundee, which puts them down to the bottom six, leaving H1b5 and Motherwell to play for 6th place. In the bottom six Livi are already down, and although finalising the play-off place is important, it's not as important as finalising the top 6 places. Having Dundee in the top six has the potential to create huge problems for the fight for the European positions.

The problem for the SPFL is that Neil Doncaster owes Nelms a favour for helping him out over our relegation debacle.

You cannot dock points without a rule being passed and this can’t be done during the season plus all clubs will have a vote on it , the most the SPL can do is fine the fax brigade at the moment I’m afraid , IMO any thing that keep the vermin bottom 6 is fine by me

Edited by buzzbomb1958

11 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Need someone perhaps to confirm this

20240410_210108.jpg

Pitiful amounts of cash really 😟 

davemclaren
2 minutes ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

You cannot dock points without a rule being passed and this can’t be done during the season plus all clubs will have a vote on it , the most the SPL can do is fine the fax brigade at the moment I’m afraid , IMO any thing that keep the vermin bottom 6 is fine by me

👍

Deevers
7 hours ago, Ministryofdad said:

Hibs now calling the spfl about sporting integrity. 

Of all teams against Dundee and sevco. 

2020 will NEVER be forgotten. 

However in the same thought process if Dundee get top six. Are we at home or away against the fax squad?? 

Hilarious that any of the three teams involved should be bleating about “integrity”. It’s a concept that’s been a complete anathema to them.

upgotheheads
16 minutes ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

Pity.

redjambo
11 hours ago, Sooks said:

I bought the history of those cells 

:D

Bazzas right boot
4 hours ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

I pointed that out to a Hun last night. They were not happy at it being pointed out they couldn't afford to pay their bills.

Nah, being champions deserves more and  a big difference from 2nd.

The issue is that the total prize money  is shite.

Horatio Caine
3 hours ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

When the GFA fined Romanov they made up a special rule just for him.

RustyRightPeg

Coventry got some sort of punishment for a s***e pitch at the Ricoh arena. Presuming there's some sort of rule up here?

4 hours ago, kila said:

I don't have a problem with 1st getting the lion's share, it should be an achievement.

But in an uncompetitive league, it's just extending the gap.

Off topic, but the achievement is winning the trophy and playing in Europe, and the money that comes with that. 

If the leauge money was better distributed other teams could use it for better playing surfaces. Back on topic! 😅

redjambo
2 hours ago, VALDOS' said:

By Dundee

Nope. Doesn't work that way, as far as I am aware. Rangers have already said that they lost out on money when the previous game was postponed.

buzzbomb1958
1 hour ago, Horatio Caine said:

When the GFA fined Romanov they made up a special rule just for him.

He was a special case 🤣🤣🤣

Mr Sifter

Anyone else listened to this mornings Sportsound football podcast? 14 mins 50 seconds in, Ian McCall says “it’s not just Dundee's park that’s not great just now. Tynecastle isn’t great either”!!! Just aboot spat my tea oot. WTF is he on about? 

Our last outing at Tynie, less than two weeks ago. Shocking surface eh Ian? 🙄

davemclaren
31 minutes ago, Mr Sifter said:

Anyone else listened to this mornings Sportsound football podcast? 14 mins 50 seconds in, Ian McCall says “it’s not just Dundee's park that’s not great just now. Tynecastle isn’t great either”!!! Just aboot spat my tea oot. WTF is he on about? 

I can't remember Clyde playing at Tynecastle recently. 😄

Horatio Caine
1 hour ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

He was a special case 🤣🤣🤣

Well tbf he was!

alicante jambo
1 hour ago, Mr Sifter said:

Tynecastle is beautiful. The guys an arsehole.

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Mr Sifter said:

Best pitch in the league.

merseyjambo

This is where Scottish football is an absolute laughing stock and those in charge of the game need to be punted.

The cost of a decent new pitch of a standard to ours is needs money which should come from tv rights or sponsorship. 

Our pi$$ poor TV deal means that that a lot of clubs need that money just to survive. 

The SPFL should make money available to interest free to do things like replace pitches to try and improve our game and bring in more money 

Ron Burgundy
8 minutes ago, merseyjambo said:

This is where Scottish football is an absolute laughing stock and those in charge of the game need to be punted.

The cost of a decent new pitch of a standard to ours is needs money which should come from tv rights or sponsorship. 

Our pi$$ poor TV deal means that that a lot of clubs need that money just to survive. 

The SPFL should make money available to interest free to do things like replace pitches to try and improve our game and bring in more money 

Could not disagree more. They should be forced to pay for the pitch from their own pocket rather than buy players. I want no help for any club after they all shafted us.

Dundee should have a transfer embargo until the surface is sorted. Hope they go bust.

Saint Jambo
11 minutes ago, merseyjambo said:

For the SPFL to make interest free loans they would either have to

1. Significantly reduce payments to clubs in the short term to build up the cash to loan out; or

2. Take out interest bearing loans themselves which they would then loan out to clubs, with the SPFL then meeting the interest payments on their on loans by making a smaller reduction to payments to clubs but over the long-term.

So the costs of the interest free loans to some clubs would effectively be met by the other clubs (as the SPFL is just a collection of clubs). It might well be for the overall good of the game in Scotland, but clubs and fans have a poor track record of putting the general good ahead of self-interest.

frankblack
9 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

For the SPFL to make interest free loans they would either have to

1. Significantly reduce payments to clubs in the short term to build up the cash to loan out; or

2. Take out interest bearing loans themselves which they would then loan out to clubs, with the SPFL then meeting the interest payments on their on loans by making a smaller reduction to payments to clubs but over the long-term.

So the costs of the interest free loans to some clubs would effectively be met by the other clubs (as the SPFL is just a collection of clubs). It might well be for the overall good of the game in Scotland, but clubs and fans have a poor track record of putting the general good ahead of self-interest.

That is a non-starter.  Clubs who have invested in their own pitches would effectively be disadvantaged financially.

It should be a strict condition of Premiership clubs to have this in place or they are either denied promotion or demoted if already there.

neilnunb

Tynecastle being considered if Dens unplayable next week, along with Easter Road and St Johnstone.

Please say no. 😁

9 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Tynecastle being considered if Dens unplayable next week, along with Easter Road and St Johnstone.

Please say no. 😁

@Sir PH in this scenario you wouldn't need to worry about LPs

22 minutes ago, kila said:

@Sir PH in this scenario you wouldn't need to worry about LPs

Was probably funny in your head. Go for something remotely original next time.

davemclaren
35 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Please say no. 😁

More money for us. 

neilnunb
5 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

More money for us. 

Need it to make up for SC ticket loss, I guess. 😁

davemclaren
1 minute ago, neilnunb said:

Need it to make up for SC ticket loss, I guess. 😁

👍

indianajones
6 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

More money for us. 

Charge them a fortune for the luxury. 

Gorgierools
41 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Please say no. 😁

Seconded. Don't want them scumbags in our stands

Deid Heid
23 hours ago, alicante jambo said:

Thats got to be a wind up surely? 

"Sporting integrity", h1b5...Hahahahahaaha!

Evidently have a very, very short memory. How can they have the timerity to mention "Sporting integrity".

However I'm sure they will be held to account for this massively hypocritical statement. ***** 

FTh

On 10/04/2024 at 20:21, Mikey1874 said:

Interesting 

The latest Hibsing in the making?

Cos they have a case that will quickly evaporate when Motherwell put 3 past Marshall 👌😆

Peakybunnet
2 hours ago, neilnunb said:

Please say no. 😁

Why not, we could make up the £90k we are losing on semi final ticket sales 

Since its Dundee I'd rather we told them to go take a flying ****

luckydug
1 hour ago, Peakybunnet said:

Why not, we could make up the £90k we are losing on semi final ticket sales 

Thought it was to be behind closed doors.

davemclaren
15 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Thought it was to be behind closed doors.

They still have to hire the stadium. 

The Treasurer

I see that "expert pundit"  Chris Sutton says it could disadvantage sellik if scumdee have nothing to play for when they play sevco. 

If he took a minute to check he would realise that, regardless of the weekend results, they can still make the top six by beating sevco. 

ford donald
10 hours ago, Homme said:

Well said.

Horatio Caine
10 hours ago, Homme said:

Yeah - Budge could send Nelms a `so sorry John` email

alicante jambo
30 minutes ago, Horatio Caine said:

Or send one saying sorry john already sent an email it must have got lost somewhere this one may be too late.

highlandjambo3
34 minutes ago, Horatio Caine said:

But the e mail arrives late, they turn up to play, Budge says “didn’t you get the e mail?  ah well, never mind, I’ll send”

ps I should have read the post above 😁

Edited by highlandjambo3

Gundermann
15 hours ago, neilnunb said:

Please say no. 😁

Am fine with this. Makes us money and reminds the likes of McCall what a gem we have at Tynecastle.  Closed doors too so no Huns to soil the place.