Livingston

jock _turd

PapaShango

They won't be missed in the top flight. We need clubs that 1. don't have plastic pitches and 2. have a decent fan base or it looks even more mickey mouse! They have done well over the last few years but even though they are close to Edinburgh, I never enjoy a trip to their ground for some reason. 

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Chuck Berry

• Sooks

• dannymack

• kingantti1874

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Sarah O said:

Spot on.

I really don't get everyone's rush to make sure stands look full so it looks good on TV. It looked absolutely pish at Livi on Sunday. 

Out with people in Scotland nobody is going to give a toss about low crowds at Livi or Perth. 

It's a similar ilk to crowds in Norway, Sweden or Eire for example - who cares, we tend not to be watching anyway. 

Any time I see EFL football on TV the crowds do not look near capacity either . Maybe just unlucky in the games that happen to be on though 

Thomaso
1 hour ago, PapaShango said:

They won't be missed in the top flight. We need clubs that 1. don't have plastic pitches and 2. have a decent fan base or it looks even more mickey mouse! They have done well over the last few years but even though they are close to Edinburgh, I never enjoy a trip to their ground for some reason. 

I must say I enjoyed the short trip to Livy with a big Hearts support, however I agree there’s no place in the SPL for that shit pitch!

Thomaso
9 hours ago, Locky said:

I do feel a bit sorry for them in a way. They shouldn't be likeable at all as they are essentially a Scottish MK Dons, but a town like Livingston should have a professional football club. I feel they've tried hard to embrace their community, I love that they regularly advertise non-league games in West Lothian during international breaks. Just seems like no one really cares sadly.

Rangers and Celtic fans to the left of them!

Hearts and Hibs fans to the right of them!

3 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

A lot of people's second team in that area. Folk might pop along to a match as a wee day out with the kids. But there's little to no emotional attachment to the team. 

5 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

I have always thought there must be more Hearts supporters in West Lothian than there are Hibs supporters purely from geographical reasons , but then there are loads of Hearts supporters in East Lothian I suppose , so possibly not as much the case as I think

Ex member of the SaS
11 hours ago, dannymack said:

And Hibs... **** Hibs left, right and centre. 

I have to admit to being conflicted by wanting them gone and the fun they bring. The recent video shows they can bring a smile on a dull day.

kingantti1874
1 hour ago, Sooks said:

I have always thought there must be more Hearts supporters in West Lothian than there are Hibs supporters purely from geographical reasons , but then there are loads of Hearts supporters in East Lothian I suppose , so possibly not as much the case as I think

hearts support outnumbers hibs enormously in West Lothian.  Not remotely close.  

I hadn’t even met a real live one out here till I was about 18 🤣

Just now, kingantti1874 said:

That was always my experience of supporters from out your way too . Hardly ever met any West Lothian Hibs fans 

21 hours ago, gorgierulesapply88 said:

They aren't entering Administration.

Not sure where that chat has come from.

I wouldn’t be too sure about that one.

From what I’ve heard they are in deep shit, struggling to get investment into the club and shareholders unwilling to put anymore money in.

Got no ill feeling towards Livi just that abysmal pitch shouldn’t be anywhere near Scottish football. Isn’t even good enough for the lower leagues.

Martindale seemed a decent guy but turned into a bit of melt greeting about his budget every week when things aren’t going well.

Edited by Chaps

If clubs face administration for getting relegated a division , then they clearly are spending way beyond their means . What is their wage to turnover percentage 

joondalupjambo
16 hours ago, ehcaley said:

Tranent should have a great future if housebuilding is going to be the criteria.

Defo they could reopen the dog track and bring back Greyhound races as something for the newbies to go to😀

ehcaley
4 hours ago, joondalupjambo said:

Defo they could reopen the dog track and bring back Greyhound races as something for the newbies to go to😀

Those were the days!Used to sneak in through a hole in the fence behind the hut where the hare was controlled from,late sixties😮

The Gorgie

When the go down I hope they never return to the top flight . Shite away day, shite pubs, shite pitch, shite support. They've done well to last this long in the top flight but im glad its almost over.

busbyfth
On 31/03/2024 at 18:51, dannymack said:

Would rather Hibs or Celtic went out of existence before seeing Livingston relegated. 

Agreed - and add in exRangers......musn't forget Dundee either after what those sneaky b's did

His name is

Looks like they've made an absolute mess of the celtic game. Those pesky celtic fans managed to sneak in a 100m x 3m banner without us knowing...

JamboBoy
On 02/04/2024 at 01:01, dannymack said:

You have a very short selective memory, Livingston have been very successful and are still to this day a thorn in our sides.

They offer not a single positive thing to our football. No support of any number. Caveman football. They deserve to disappear without trace without question. They will not survive relegation. Bye, bye Livi - you won’t be missed in the slightest. 

gorgierulesapply88
4 hours ago, His name is said:

Looks like they've made an absolute mess of the celtic game. Those pesky celtic fans managed to sneak in a 100m x 3m banner without us knowing...

They bring their own stewards, they'll have been given a back hander.

These stewards also do the square root of 0 if any issues anyway.

Batistuta87

Put on a nice spread for a bunch of Celtic fans to watch the game in their function suites today. Even had green LED lighting on for them.

😂

This is My Story Podcast
9 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Put on a nice spread for a bunch of Celtic fans to watch the game in their function suites today. Even had green LED lighting on for them.

😂

They always do. It’s food creations or what ever it is called that own that part of the stadium. They are Celtic daft. It’s them that booked the rebel bands to play there. 

kingantti1874
5 minutes ago, This is My Story Podcast said:

They always do. It’s food creations or what ever it is called that own that part of the stadium. They are Celtic daft. It’s them that booked the rebel bands to play there. 

yup.  A very Celtic minded club. Another reason not to care 

Batistuta87
6 minutes ago, This is My Story Podcast said:

Yeah not the first time I've seen it. A few of my mates go and they'd said it was Livi Hospitality Manager that was hosting but maybe they've got the wrong end of the stick. 

Edited by Batistuta87

This is My Story Podcast
34 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Yeah not the first time I've seen it. A few of my mates go and they'd said it was Livi Hospitality Manager that was hosting but maybe they've got the wrong end of the stick. 

Yeah I think that’s the person. Livi sold all the hospitality rights to food creations. They own all the areas of the club that have catering. Livingston are very Celtic. Some of their board members are very Celtic minded as well. 

Batistuta87
5 minutes ago, This is My Story Podcast said:

Yeah I think that’s the person. Livi sold all the hospitality rights to food creations. They own all the areas of the club that have catering. Livingston are very Celtic. Some of their board members are very Celtic minded as well. 

Their chairman is a massive Celtic supporter. So is his son who runs one of their main sponsors. But then Martindale is a massive Rangers man haha. Typical West Lothian really 😂 - most folk round here are one or the other eh. 

8 hours ago, This is My Story Podcast said:

Food creations have their office registered at the Livingston stadium as well 

As well as doing the food at Bathgate golf club, and the Hopetoun bar in Bathgate......must say though, the food in the Hopetoun is always great..!

Thomaso
On 03/04/2024 at 11:58, busbyfth said:

Agreed - and add in exRangers......musn't forget Dundee either after what those sneaky b's did

and St Mirren

Ex member of the SaS
On 01/04/2024 at 22:50, ehcaley said:

Tranent should have a great future if housebuilding is going to be the criteria.

From what I have heard they are building houses between Tranent and Haddington down by the A1 over the next 10 years! That's some huge development right there.

wavydavy
11 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

From what I have heard they are building houses between Tranent and Haddington down by the A1 over the next 10 years! That's some huge development right there.

They are building houses everywhere around Edinburgh just have a look out by the Airport.

inspector
18 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

I think that may be at Blindwells, an old open cast coal mine. It will be a huge development. Don't know if they've started it yet as l haven't been down that way for a few years.

ehcaley
3 hours ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Blindwells will fill the gap where the opencast was, draw a line between the east coast mainline and the A1 North of Macmerry will be there it stops.Planning application in for North of  Gladsmuir and wouldn't be surprised if New Longniddry village isn't extended in future.Tranent is rapidly approaching Ormiston and Wallyford two fields from Tranent and one from Preston pans.

All of this has been planned for in the last 25-30 years(part of Lothian Structure Plan) but nobody takes as any notice when councils go out to consultation.

TorinoJambo
On 02/04/2024 at 12:06, kingantti1874 said:

My wife's uncle and cousin are hibbies (moved there from Penicuik in the late sixties) but even they admit there are many more jambos.