Livingston

jock _turd

Rick Sanchez

Will they not have to upgrade that pitch to get promoted if this upcoming vote is passed?

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Chuck Berry

• Sooks

• dannymack

• kingantti1874

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

heartsfc_fan

A small club who have been punching above their weight for years.

Mikey1874
1 hour ago, Bender said:

One of my regular clients has a season ticket for Livingston and he was telling me about a discussion he'd had with one of their directors at the Celtic cup game. Apparently they've already budgeted for two seasons in the Championship and know they'll have a struggle to come back up again. 

Fair enough already preparing for it. Will help them. Key will he good signings once current squad is sorted out.

Philfigo

Would be disappointing if they dispeared, apart from the shit pitch we usually take a healty following along the road. Easy for all Jambos to get to would rather have them than Ross County in the league.

That pitch fuels my dislike for them, it’s an utter disgrace that it’s allowed in the top league.

56 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Struggle to care about them either way tbh . Fair few clubs in the lower leagues that are a lot bigger than them like Dunfermline , Partick , Falkirk and Morton 

do not wish any ill on them really , I just dont really anything them 

The Livingston who came up in the early 2000s under Jim Leishman were a good addition to the league at the time. They played nice football, had some really good players and had a reasonably good crowd (by comparison) every week. I remember them giving Sturm Graz a scare in Europe back in the day as well.

Now they're a shell of what that club was back then. They've played the worst football in the league since they came up, barely fill a mini bus to all their away games and that pitch is an atrocity. Not sorry to see the back of that Livingston.

upgotheheads
48 minutes ago, heartsfc_fan said:

A small club who have been punching above their weight for years.

It always worries me that clubs can do so well without any visible means of support.

TorinoJambo
1 hour ago, dtgj said:

Agree. Don't get the Livi hate. Handy away day as well. 

I'm the same. I don't mind them.

Mikey1874
9 minutes ago, Bender said:

The Livingston who came up in the early 2000s under Jim Leishman were a good addition to the league at the time. They played nice football, had some really good players and had a reasonably good crowd (by comparison) every week. I remember them giving Sturm Graz a scare in Europe back in the day as well.

Now they're a shell of what that club was back then. They've played the worst football in the league since they came up, barely fill a mini bus to all their away games and that pitch is an atrocity. Not sorry to see the back of that Livingston.

Fantastic it was. Crested by massive overspending of money they didn't have run by a crook. 

chazza74

I’m sure they beat us to burton o’briens signing a few years ago as we couldn’t match the wages they offered him .

I’d much rather go to Dunfermline, raith or Falkirk before going to that dump.

Australis

Clubs like Livvy, Killie and St Johnstone who give up the majority of their stands and stadiums to fill them up with old firm fans for cash deserve everything they get.

Would love to see them all dropping down the leagues.

2 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

A right hard team, well organised. They'll be back up next season, if they do go down 

What a load of tripe.

SectionDJambo

They’ve certainly had a strange history from being Ferranti Thistle, Meadowbank Thistle and then Livingston, but I would imagine that most fans of other Scottish clubs only real dislike of them comes from that horrible plastic pitch.

There was a time that they won awards for their grass pitch. 
We were happy enough for them to exist when they beat Hibs to win the League Cup.

I hope they survive and adjust to their financial situation, including reinstating a grass pitch. 

19 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Fantastic it was. Crested by massive overspending of money they didn't have run by a crook. 

An all too familiar story on Scottish football.

dannymack

A lot of 'hate' and dislike for Livingston FC on here, I personally do not see why the levels are raised so high maybe its because they have a decent enough record over us since their arrival into the football league. 

Livvy gave us one our most embarrassing doings of late, one that will go down in history of remembrance. 

the posh bit

I don't get the pile on. They've a fine history for a relatively new club. 

I do hope they go down and don't come back up though as, from next season, they'd be one of the few clubs left in the league that give the Ugly Sisters a decent day out. 😊

Edited by the posh bit

queensferryjambo
3 hours ago, jock _turd said:

They will go down but will that be the end of them as an SPL team? I reckon they will fall through the leagues over the next few seasons. The have limited fan base and zero history to talk of, although beating them will always be remembered 😄

I admire their fans they could easily just follow the Old Firm like the vast majority of West Lothian do.

They pumped Hibs in a cup final and Hearts legend John Robertson played for them (scored the winner when they put Aberdeen out the cup if I remember correctly).

It's not a bad away day either, so kind of hope they don't vanish.

part_time_jambo
3 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Not the end of the world. Their fans can support local teams like Hearts, Hibs and Falkirk. 

Their local teams are Livingston United, Pumpherston, West Calder, plus a few slightly further out but still closer than Hearts, Hibs and Falkirk. 

I'm sure they would appreciate their support more.

Jambo in Bathgate
5 minutes ago, queensferryjambo said:

I admire their fans they could easily just follow the Old Firm like the vast majority of West Lothian do.

They pumped Hibs in a cup final and Hearts legend John Robertson played for them (scored the winner when they put Aberdeen out the cup if I remember correctly).

They will probably attract larger home crowds if they go down and start winning matches. The immediate problem now is their pitch. It’s wearing badly and the rubber crumb is showing much more.  How will that be replaced in the Championship? 

kingantti1874
23 minutes ago, queensferryjambo said:

Quite a lot of livi fans used to support hearts or hibs 

martoon
3 hours ago, Des Lynam said:

St Johnstone? 

They are the Steve Davis of Scottish football. 

Mmmm...interesting. 😊

Chuck Berry
13 minutes ago, Jambo in Bathgate said:

They will probably attract larger home crowds if they go down and start winning matches. The immediate problem now is their pitch. It’s wearing badly and the rubber crumb is showing much more.  How will that be replaced in the Championship? 

They don't own the stadium or the pitch, West Lothian Council do and the pitch is hired out to whoever wants it when not in use by Livvy and I think given free to some youth clubs.  Also Livingston womens team use it.

The pitch was replaced in 2018, so I'm guessing it's due to be replaced in the next 2 or 3 years. It won't be going back to grass that's for sure.

If Raith come through the play-offs that'll be another 3g to replace Livvy's to keep everyone happy.

weegie jambo
3 hours ago, Chuck Berry said:

East Fife?   a stadium with one stand, 3g pitch, and less fans than Livvy?

great wee club who have improved immeasurably since Dick Campbell took over. Good fan base too!

Chuck Berry
1 minute ago, weegie jambo said:

great wee club who have improved immeasurably since Dick Campbell took over. Good fan base too!

Indeed, not really knocking them but I hate one stand grounds, Dumbarton is another, if someone thinks Livvy is soulless you ain't seen nothing yet.

weegie jambo
1 minute ago, Chuck Berry said:

Indeed, not really knocking them but I hate one stand grounds, Dumbarton is another, if someone thinks Livvy is soulless you ain't seen nothing yet.

Just a small club so a single stand is the norm for most clubs of their size. One of my son in laws plays for them so I always keep a look out for them.

gorgierulesapply88
4 hours ago, johnking123 said:

Administration coming up.

In-correct.

Horatio Caine

Easy to slag off Livi, but remember they have won the League Cup since we won it.

jamboinglasgow
10 minutes ago, Chuck Berry said:

One that bothers me is Falkirks ground. Three decent stands and a big empty space. Just feels weird not being complete (though I know why as its expensive and pointless putting up a stand when they dont need the capacity.)

Chuck Berry
11 minutes ago, weegie jambo said:

Just a small club so a single stand is the norm for most clubs of their size. One of my son in laws plays for them so I always keep a look out for them.

Not really, Stirling Albion two stands 700 ish and two terraces behind the goals.  Feels like a proper football ground. Even Spartans have two either side.  Both of these are relative "new builds".

I get why Dumbarton and East Fife done it, been inside both and have decent corporate facilities (for the size of club) and all amenities in the one place, but the other three sides are just a wall.   ICT was the same initially until the two (temp) end stands were built and now falling to bits.  Ross County done it right.

been here before

I though Coves ground was OK when we were up there a few years back in the diddy cup.

One stand but with plenty standing room around the pitch and a couple of wee covered hut things if the rain comes on.

Theyll probably make a few quid too when Aberdeen end up having to ground share with them.

1971fozzy
1 hour ago, queensferryjambo said:

it’s always a great away day. Good session and their bar in the stadium is fantastic. Only thing that usually spoils it is the football

dannymack
3 hours ago, queensferryjambo said:

Gordon Forrest played for them too before leaving for Iceland. 

After seeing the Celtic tifo at their ground I am happy to see them gone 

Sherbet

My main dislike for livi  apart from the pitch, is we normally struggle to beat them!!

13 hours ago, dannymack said:

SFL:

First Division Champions  –  2000/01
Second Division Champions  –  1986/87, 1998/99, 2010/11
Third Division Champions  –  1995/96, 2009/10

SPFL :

League 1 Champions  –  2016/17
Premiership Playoff Winners  –  2017/18

Reserve League 2 Champions – 2018/19, 2019/20

and a Scottish League Cup from 2003-04. 

leaguecup2004.jpg

They were still Meadowbank Thistle in 1986.

TexasAndy

Any team that is within touching distance of the play off places in Championship should use Livingston as inspiration.  They came from nowhere when they last came up, scraping into the playoffs and ending up with promotion.  Like others I think they might be on the slide and possibly doing a Falkirk, Dunfermline, Raith and slipping down more than one league.

FERRY HEARTS
30 minutes ago, Sherbet said:

My main dislike for livi  apart from the pitch, is we normally struggle to beat them!!

Spot on

jamboozy

I never want to see people lose their jobs, so for that reason, I hope Livvy survive after relegation.
I  do hope plastic pitches get banned in the top flight , they may have a place on training grounds but not for top flight games where , a player being injured because of them can cost a club points and money.

1874Jambo

Anyone who wants a club to go bust especially smaller clubs aren't football supporters. Clubs all mean something to somebody and in Livingstons case we've done some decent business with them so il not be wishing their demise. There's better clubs in the championship to replace them next season so from that perspective I won't be unhappy seeing them relegated 

PortyBeach
14 hours ago, Percival King said:

Hope they survive, every team has loyal and committed supporters, they just have fewer than other clubs but that's football. Hard for Livingston to build a fan base given their location and how they came into being but I don't like to hope a club goes bust. And they've won a trophy more recently than over 3/4 of teams across our four leagues. Probably will find their level, hopefully without going bust.

Well said. And they’ve won the League Cup more recently than us…

PortyBeach
14 hours ago, Luckies1874 said:

The greatest day in their history......

Great day. I feared Hibs would win this match and was absolutely delighted to be proved wrong 🥳

Percival King
5 minutes ago, PortyBeach said:

Great day. I feared Hibs would win this match and was absolutely delighted to be proved wrong 🥳

Me too. I remember speaking with a Hibs supporting mate a few days after the final. He'd said that they were so confident and that confidence just kept building....until kick off when they realised they had to actually win it on the pitch....which they couldn't do. But they learnt their lesson, until the "beaten by a man in a bra" final against Ross County.

davemclaren
11 hours ago, Horatio Caine said:

Easy to slag off Livi, but remember they have won the League Cup since we won it.

And good that they did. 

Shitty club with a shitty pitch and shitty crowds. Don’t wish them anything bad on them but they won’t be missed and bring nothing to the league. Can see them struggling when they go down.