Livingston

jock _turd

Turkishcap

Their fans love their club as much as anyone, not much they can do if the locals don't want to turn up.

But it's awful on highlights seeing at times 3 empty stands and yes that pitch.

Said before my livi mate said at start of season they would go down and he is right barring a miracle 

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Chuck Berry

• Sooks

• dannymack

• kingantti1874

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Turkishcap said:

Their fans love their club as much as anyone, not much they can do if the locals don't want to turn up.

Said before my livi mate said at start of season they would go down and he is right barring a miracle 

As far as viewing goes I would rather see three almost empty stands than that tin pot debacle at the weekend where the away team puts on a three stand tifo display

kingantti1874
5 minutes ago, Turkishcap said:

mate, even from the fans that turn up very few are livi fans.

Ive had about a dozen free tickets, nearly every football parent I know has a kid that have played for them  and regularly get and hand out free tickets.

i think they have a core support of no more than 500.  And I do think it’s been erroded by that pitch.

by all accounts they are also dodgy as **** behind the scenes 

Turkishcap
2 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Ive had about a dozen free tickets, nearly every football parent I know has a kid that have played for them  and regularly get and hand out free tickets.

i think they have a core support of no more than 500.  And I do think it’s been erroded by that pitch.

Ahh well they will soon be gone.

Bazzas right boot
10 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

The pitch is eating/ absorbing their fans?

That's a Stephen King novel right there.

Bazzas right boot

Any excuse. 

Jack Torrance
3 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Misery.

kingantti1874
12 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

would you go watch a team playing on that week in week out. I know a few who’ve given up and the pitch is a factor in their lack of interest. 

GorgieFifeLife
16 hours ago, Chuck Berry said:

East Fife?   a stadium with one stand, 3g pitch, and less fans than Livvy?

Less fans than Livi at the moment in their current league and stadium situation but their potential is far in excess of Livi and fan base could be on a par with Motherwell/Killie if they were in the top league.  Historically quite a big club with a rich history.

Chuck Berry
Just now, GorgieFifeLife said:

Less fans than Livi at the moment in their current league and stadium situation but their potential is far in excess of Livi and fan base could be on a par with Motherwell/Killie if they were in the top league.  Historically quite a big club with a rich history.

I think those days a long gone.  East Fife haven't been in the top flight in 50 years, and for most of that in the bottom two divisions.  They get what, 500 a game? there isn't a big latent support in Methil waiting for the time when they come good, no chance at all they get Well/Killie crowds.

Raith are a bigger club and have had to work very hard to get their core home support beyond 2,000. Pars not much better.

luckydug
11 minutes ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

Always had a soft spot for East Fife.

My first away game 6yo at the time.

We went on to win the League that season.

GorgieFifeLife
8 minutes ago, Chuck Berry said:

I think those days a long gone.  East Fife haven't been in the top flight in 50 years, and for most of that in the bottom two divisions.  They get what, 500 a game? there isn't a big latent support in Methil waiting for the time when they come good, no chance at all they get Well/Killie crowds.

Raith are a bigger club and have had to work very hard to get their core home support beyond 2,000. Pars not much better.

They are reducing the away fan allocation to get more fans in as they are struggling to meet demand from their own fans.  Their fans don’t all come from Methil but throughout Fife and beyond.  I am well aware they haven’t been there in 50 years but if they managed to get there then they would get decent crowds.  Depends what you mean by bigger but there is an argument that East Fife are a bigger club than Raith if you look across their entire history.  East Fife are the joint 10th most successful club in Scottish football history.   You need to drop down to number 22 to find Rovers.

GorgieFifeLife
4 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Always had a soft spot for East Fife.

My first away game 6yo at the time.

We went on to win the League that season.

I remember getting taken to Old Bayview as a child before I could get through to Edinburgh for our games.  I remember changing ends at half time.  

Chuck Berry
2 minutes ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

They are reducing the away fan allocation to get more fans in as they are struggling to meet demand from their own fans.  Their fans don’t all come from Methil but throughout Fife and beyond.  I am well aware they haven’t been there in 50 years but if they managed to get there then they would get decent crowds.  Depends what you mean by bigger but there is an argument that East Fife are a bigger club than Raith if you look across their entire history.  East Fife are the joint 10th most successful club in Scottish football history.   You need to drop down to number 22 to find Rovers.

History doesn't get people through the gate though and Rovers are doing a lot of work to increase their crowds, their current on field success does help.   Good luck to East Fife, but I can't see them making the Championship anytime soon far less the Premiership, but you never know in football.

Fozzyonthefence
29 minutes ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

I’m originally from there long time ago and got mates who go to East Fife games.  Not a chance they could challenge Motherwell or Killie crowds wise, although you are right in that they they do have a bigger catchment area than just Methil (Leven is right next to the new ground and lots of other small towns / villages nearby) and potentially could maybe get a lot closer to the crowds Raith get.  

However, they’re certainly not struggling to meet demand from their own fans.  The stadium / stand holds 2,000 but they only get around 500 so that’s definitely not a problem. 

13 hours ago, Horatio Caine said:

Easy to slag off Livi, but remember they have won the League Cup since we won it.

Indeed, since they have been known as Livingston, we have only won two more major trophies than them.

We have both papped Hibs in a final though.

Fozzyonthefence
32 minutes ago, Chuck Berry said:

History doesn't get people through the gate though and Rovers are doing a lot of work to increase their crowds, their current on field success does help.   Good luck to East Fife, but I can't see them making the Championship anytime soon far less the Premiership, but you never know in football.

I think you’re right, although I remember they were only one game away from the Premier League in the mid 1980’s.  Although iirc they had to beat Falkirk (who also needed a result to get promoted) away by 4 or 5 goals.  Had some good players back then like Gordon Durie, Gordon Marshall, Steve Kirk and must have been around the same year they pumped Hibs in the Scottish Cup.  The New Bayview is shite though, much preferred the old one. 

dannymack
3 hours ago, Sir PH said:

They were still Meadowbank Thistle in 1986.

That is correct....  Still the same club recognising past achievements under a different name. 

Fxxx the SPFL
10 minutes ago, dannymack said:

That is correct....  Still the same club recognising past achievements under a different name. 

Ferranti Thistle before that

Fozzyonthefence
50 minutes ago, dannymack said:

They didn’t go into liquidation or have someone buy their history though.   

boag1874

I don’t hate them or anything but I’ll be glad to see them out the league. Like Hamilton before them they were quite fun when they first came up since we hadn’t seen them in a while but between a lack of fans and a dreadful plastic pitch they got old quick. I just hope we see someone new come up next season, Dunfermline or Falkirk maybe, mix it up a bit and give us someone we haven’t played for a while aside from the odd cup game but can also bring a decent support.

colinmorewasgash

Dont wish them ill will and stadium is far better than some in the league. Wee davie, although he had very chequered past which he admitted was all his own doing, is actually a sound bloke nowadays and I have met him a few times and seems to like us so don't get hate. 

Pitch is bloody awful mind and locals, mainly support bigots, us, and hibs generally so hard to drum up supporters now, at start it was novelty and families who supported those pair would take their kids rather than the cesspits of ibrox and parkhead, but that didn't last long and went back to supporting the great unwashed. 

Edited by colinmorewasgash

AndrewB
30 minutes ago, boag1874 said:

I don’t hate them or anything but I’ll be glad to see them out the league. Like Hamilton before them they were quite fun when they first came up since we hadn’t seen them in a while but between a lack of fans and a dreadful plastic pitch they got old quick. I just hope we see someone new come up next season, Dunfermline or Falkirk maybe, mix it up a bit and give us someone we haven’t played for a while aside from the odd cup game but can also bring a decent support.

My thoughts exactly on Livi.  Their time is up; they have been a success story for a while.  Even last year they were sparring for Top Six up to the split.  The clock has run out on them, though, and that pitch makes it hard to admire them much.

Ross County, too, have been admirable in keeping their Top 12 status for years despite being a blooming outpost.  Doesn’t mean I don’t want them down, too.....hopefully with Patrick doing the job properly this year.

1 minute ago, colinmorewasgash said:

Dont wish them ill will stadium is far better than some in the league wee davie although very chequered past which he admitted was all his own doing, is actually a sound bloke nowadays and met him a few times seems to like us so don't get hate. 

Pitch is bloody awful and locals mainly support bigots, us, and hibs generally so hard to drum up supporters now, at start it was novelty and families who supported those pair would take their kids rather than the cesspits of ibrox and parkhead, but that didn't last long and went back to supporting the great unwashed. 

An old colleague of mine switched to Livi from Celtic and started taking his young boys . They are now grown up and one of them at least is a Hearts supporter :D 

henrysmithsgloves
3 hours ago, Jack Torrance said:

Misery.

😂

joondalupjambo
3 hours ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

1800 house development in planning mode for Windygates roundabout which is a stones throw from the East Fife ground.  It would be great to see a lot of any new locals supporting the black and gold.

gorgierulesapply88
3 hours ago, Turkishcap said:

Ahh well they will soon be gone.

They aren't entering Administration.

Not sure where that chat has come from.

GorgieFifeLife
1 hour ago, joondalupjambo said:

1800 house development in planning mode for Windygates roundabout which is a stones throw from the East Fife ground.  It would be great to see a lot of any new locals supporting the black and gold.

Yes would be good to see that👍🏻

Fozzyonthefence

You can throw a stone a few miles?!😳

Don't forget the railway line re-opening up to Leven in a couple of months. It'll be about 5/10 mins walk from the ground. They've used temporary stands before for games against that "New Club" and also a cup tie against the Pars. The area Buckhaven/Leven/Methil etc has a population similar to Dunfermline.

Ex member of the SaS

Don't like the idea of any team going under, with the exception of the bigot twins. Teams have loyal fans and they deserve to have a team to support. If Livi go down then fine, they will find their level. They have punched above their weight for too long and any team in the top flight to have a pitch like that is a disgrace. Great that Killie are doing away with theirs and the GFA should make banning them their first priority.

JamboBoy

I really hope they disappear forever. They offer the sum total of nothing to Scottish football. Never have and never will. Bye bye, you will not be missed in the slightest. 

joondalupjambo
1 hour ago, JTJ said:

Don't forget the railway line re-opening up to Leven in a couple of months. It'll be about 5/10 mins walk from the ground. They've used temporary stands before for games against that "New Club" and also a cup tie against the Pars. The area Buckhaven/Leven/Methil etc has a population similar to Dunfermline.

Yeah good point, New Leven station and also another one at Windygates hence the housing development.  Us oldies who live near Leven now have choice of free buses or a pound on the train anywhere in Fife.  Winner winner chicken dinner.  The area is defo a catchment one for East Fife so sad to see them struggle.  Hopefully better says ahead.

joondalupjambo
2 hours ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Of course.

A skimming one obviously 🙂

section s heart
2 hours ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Taked me back to an early experience after a midweek match at Bayview when our bus was caught in slow traffic in the High (?) Street and some local kids fired a half brick through the window. 

michael_bolton
10 hours ago, 1874Jambo said:

Anyone who wants a club to go bust especially smaller clubs aren't football supporters. Clubs all mean something to somebody and in Livingstons case we've done some decent business with them so il not be wishing their demise. There's better clubs in the championship to replace them next season so from that perspective I won't be unhappy seeing them relegated 

Nonsense.

Livingston are a club that was stolen from another community. Seeing them go bust would fill me with joy and would be pure justice.

**** them.

Shipwrecked

Won't miss them when they're gone, but will always remember them fondly for beating H*bs in the league cup final. And remember seeing us beat them out of sight on that pitch in 2005 and starting to think maybe.. this year. 

Thunder and Lightning
10 hours ago, Sooks said:

As far as viewing goes I would rather see three almost empty stands than that tin pot debacle at the weekend where the away team puts on a three stand tifo display

Exactly, things like that are why people feel they can laugh at Scottish football. 

They add nothing and won't be missed. 

Turkishcap
7 hours ago, gorgierulesapply88 said:

They aren't entering Administration.

Not sure where that chat has come from.

I meant relegated.

ehcaley
8 hours ago, joondalupjambo said:

Tranent should have a great future if housebuilding is going to be the criteria.

I hope Livingston find their place in Scottish football. They've gave it a hell of a go in the top flight but they just don't quite belong here. I know that sounds patronising as ****, but let's be real, being a Livi fan in the Scottish Premiership must be ****ing dull. 7th place would be deemed a very good season.

I used to work with a Livi fan and I recall him saying a few years ago that he would honestly rather they just stayed bouncing around the leagues with the odd season in the top flight, than literally just trading water every season. It must be dire.

jimbojambo
1 hour ago, Locky said:

I hope Livingston find their place in Scottish football. They've gave it a hell of a go in the top flight but they just don't quite belong here. I know that sounds patronising as ****, but let's be real, being a Livi fan in the Scottish Premiership must be ****ing dull. 7th place would be deemed a very good season.

I used to work with a Livi fan and I recall him saying a few years ago that he would honestly rather they just stayed bouncing around the leagues with the odd season in the top flight, than literally just trading water every season. It must be dire.

Livingston have over achieved for years and probably belong around Division one. Martindale has worked miracles and put his heart and soul into the club but sounds like a beaten man and their fans want him gone. A nice wee ground with great transport links totally let down by a sub standard plastic pitch which has been to their advantage mostly over the years. But football needs to entertain and there are never any classics played on that surface. Locals then tend to suffer only once on a free ticket and then use the local Vue for their entertainment fix. 

Edited by jimbojambo

9 minutes ago, jimbojambo said:

Livingston have over achieved for years and probably belong around Division one. Martindale has worked miracles and put his heart and soul into the club but sounds like a beaten man and their fans want him gone. A nice wee ground with great transport links totally let down by a sub standard plastic pitch which has been to their advantage mostly over the years. But football needs to entertain and there are never any classics played on that surface. Locals then tend to suffer only once on a free ticket and then use the local Vue for their entertainment fix. 

I do feel a bit sorry for them in a way. They shouldn't be likeable at all as they are essentially a Scottish MK Dons, but a town like Livingston should have a professional football club. I feel they've tried hard to embrace their community, I love that they regularly advertise non-league games in West Lothian during international breaks. Just seems like no one really cares sadly.

dannymack
8 hours ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Don't like the idea of any team going under, with the exception of the bigot twins. Teams have loyal fans and they deserve to have a team to support. If Livi go down then fine, they will find their level. They have punched above their weight for too long and any team in the top flight to have a pitch like that is a disgrace. Great that Killie are doing away with theirs and the GFA should make banning them their first priority.

And Hibs... **** Hibs left, right and centre. 

dannymack
7 hours ago, JamboBoy said:

I really hope they disappear forever. They offer the sum total of nothing to Scottish football. Never have and never will. Bye bye, you will not be missed in the slightest. 

You have a very short selective memory, Livingston have been very successful and are still to this day a thorn in our sides.

Doctor FinnBarr
13 hours ago, Sooks said:

An old colleague of mine switched to Livi from Celtic and started taking his young boys . They are now grown up and one of them at least is a Hearts supporter :D 

A mate of mine moved from Celtic to Livi to remove the son from bigotry, both back being bigots now. TBF, the Goon Brigade hate the father on twitter, he hates them with a passion.

Sarah O
20 hours ago, Sooks said:

Spot on.

I really don't get everyone's rush to make sure stands look full so it looks good on TV. It looked absolutely pish at Livi on Sunday. 

Out with people in Scotland nobody is going to give a toss about low crowds at Livi or Perth. 

It's a similar ilk to crowds in Norway, Sweden or Eire for example - who cares, we tend not to be watching anyway. 

TexasAndy
13 hours ago, joondalupjambo said:

Yeah good point, New Leven station and also another one at Windygates hence the housing development.  Us oldies who live near Leven now have choice of free buses or a pound on the train anywhere in Fife.  Winner winner chicken dinner.  The area is defo a catchment one for East Fife so sad to see them struggle.  Hopefully better says ahead.

They've also got the right man in charge to create a bit of interest.  I can see them ending up in championship under Dick Campbell.

Heartsfth

I think there always seem to be something dodgy about how Livvy are owned and run. No disrespect to Martindale who I think has done an amazing job for them.