Livingston

jock _turd

jock _turd

They will go down but will that be the end of them as an SPL team? I reckon they will fall through the leagues over the next few seasons. The have limited fan base and zero history to talk of, although beating them will always be remembered 😄

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Chuck Berry

• Sooks

• dannymack

• kingantti1874

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It’s a shame but they’re a bit like Hamilton - ok ground, atrocious plastic pitch, nae fans 🤷🏼‍♂️. Really don’t bring much to the party 

GinRummy

If you look below the top flight there are a few clubs that look quite strong, Airdrie, Morton, Raith and Dunfermline as well as Dundee United. You can only hope that Livi disappear to lower league football forever. 

Edited by GinRummy

dannymack
14 minutes ago, jock _turd said:

They will go down but will that be the end of them as an SPL team? I reckon they will fall through the leagues over the next few seasons. The have limited fan base and zero history to talk of, although beating them will always be remembered 😄

SFL:

First Division Champions  –  2000/01
Second Division Champions  –  1986/87, 1998/99, 2010/11
Third Division Champions  –  1995/96, 2009/10

SPFL :

League 1 Champions  –  2016/17
Premiership Playoff Winners  –  2017/18

Reserve League 2 Champions – 2018/19, 2019/20

and a Scottish League Cup from 2003-04. 

leaguecup2004.jpg

Edited by dannymack

Hmfc1965
4 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

Administration coming up.

For the third time.

martoon

Cheers for the very funny 2004 League Cup final but, other than that, goodbye and good riddance.

An empty vessel of a club.

I cant think of another that is so soulless and lacking in depth or character as Livingston. 

GinRummy
3 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

Administration coming up.

Not the end of the world. Their fans can support local teams like Hearts, Hibs and Falkirk. 

1971fozzy

They may do ok with Martindale but they will have their work cut out as they’ll have to cut a lot of costs 

Percival King

Hope they survive, every team has loyal and committed supporters, they just have fewer than other clubs but that's football. Hard for Livingston to build a fan base given their location and how they came into being but I don't like to hope a club goes bust. And they've won a trophy more recently than over 3/4 of teams across our four leagues. Probably will find their level, hopefully without going bust.

Chuck Berry
16 minutes ago, jock _turd said:

People have been saying that for 30 years, yet they keep bouncing back.  They'll be fine in the Championship if they stick with Martindale.

dannymack
16 minutes ago, jock _turd said:

Would rather Hibs or Celtic went out of existence before seeing Livingston relegated. 

south morocco
16 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

If you look below the top flight there are a few clubs that look quite strong, Airdrie, Morton, Raith and Dunfermline as well as Dundee United. You can only hope that Livi disappear to lower league football forever. 

Agree strongly 

jock _turd
3 minutes ago, dannymack said:

Would rather Hibs or Celtic went out of existence before seeing Livingston relegated. 

Of course but for the moment lets be real. I would rather have East Fife in the SPL that Livingston!

Chuck Berry
1 minute ago, jock _turd said:

Of course but for the moment lets be real. I would rather have East Fife in the SPL that Livingston!

East Fife?   a stadium with one stand, 3g pitch, and less fans than Livvy?

ToadKiller Dog

If they are going to comeback it will have to be first time or they may not be back up for a long time .

Big cuts ahead for them .

If say Ross county ,St johnstone or the sheep go down after play offs all 3 will have a bit more to spend to bounce back up ,plus most other championship sides are while not loaded are well run ,hence Dundee united not strolling things .

Possible they could go into admin but they will survive not many teams die completely like the original Rangers died .

But prefer them at the right level which is on a par with where Hamilton are now at .

Des Lynam
14 minutes ago, martoon said:

Cheers for the very funny 2004 League Cup final but, other than that, goodbye and good riddance.

An empty vessel of a club.

I cant think of another that is so soulless and lacking in depth or character as Livingston. 

St Johnstone? 

They are the Steve Davis of Scottish football. 

One of my regular clients has a season ticket for Livingston and he was telling me about a discussion he'd had with one of their directors at the Celtic cup game. Apparently they've already budgeted for two seasons in the Championship and know they'll have a struggle to come back up again. 

Chuck Berry
2 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

St Johnstone? 

They are the Steve Davis of Scottish football. 

I wouldn't mind too much if Ross County shoved them into the PO spot.

Chuck Berry
Just now, Luckies1874 said:

The greatest day in their history......

For that alone, I wish them well.

Bunny Munro

They'll struggle next year. Killie, Dundee, Dundee Unt all spent a lot to get back up and all made hard work of it. Dundee Unt aren't even certain yet.

They used to bring through a few decent young players. 

And we usually take a big support through. 

Bit like Dunfermline, I guess there’s an argument if they folded them we might pick up a few fans, but no animosity from me. 

briever
46 minutes ago, jock _turd said:

Fingers crossed.

rudi must stay

A right hard team, well organised. They'll be back up next season, if they do go down 

dannymack
26 minutes ago, jock _turd said:

Absolutely NOT ! Have you ever been to New Bay Bayview in the summer months  ? 

70b21d-20190130-cold-weather.jpg

Drylaw Hearts

A club who’s background has always been more than a bit dodgy……I’ll be glad to see the back of them tbh.

brawlad74

Suspect they'll do a Hamilton and freefall down the league's especially if they lose Martindale along with main funding. Can't see em back in SPL in a hurry and can't see em missed especially that pitch. 

51 minutes ago, Percival King said:

Hope they survive, every team has loyal and committed supporters, they just have fewer than other clubs but that's football. Hard for Livingston to build a fan base given their location and how they came into being but I don't like to hope a club goes bust. And they've won a trophy more recently than over 3/4 of teams across our four leagues. Probably will find their level, hopefully without going bust.

Agree. Don't get the Livi hate. Handy away day as well. 

Ministryofdad

If they went bust with another 35 clubs In this country no one would bat an eyelid. 

iantjambo
32 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

A right hard team, well organised. They'll be back up next season, if they do go down 

I don’t think so. I think they’ll drop another division before we see them back in the premiership again.

jamboinglasgow

Think they will become a part time club. 

Or they are taken in to be part of a multi club group (think they have a lot of things that would suit that side and few fans to block it.)

RudiSkacelsLeftPeg
1 hour ago, jock _turd said:

Zero history? Bit harsh for a relatively small team who have actually won silverware. They have had some pretty successful seasons but have struggled recently. 

Bongo 1874

They will get money for goalkeeper who kept the score down today.

Probably about 300k/400k from there they should look into multi club model.

Get loans and try get back in the league.

No Idea if goalkeeper has a relegation release clause.

But if Zander goes, I wouldn't mind him challenging Gordon for the shirt.

Chuck Berry
24 minutes ago, Ministryofdad said:

If they went bust with another 35 clubs In this country no one would bat an eyelid. 

:vrface:

Bonnie Prince Charlie

I still feel sorry for the ex hospital porter who lost all his money after giving a personal guarantee (to Desmond…? . I think he wone £10k on lottery and lost it all

Bonnie Prince Charlie

It was £10 million I think

28 minutes ago, Ministryofdad said:

You wouldn't, but their fans would be devastated. There's no need for clubs to go bust, just need to find their level and live within their means. Livingston have had an extraordinary short history and will probably be outwith the top league for a while.

Bongo 1874
8 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

They will get money for goalkeeper who kept the score down today.

Probably about 300k/400k from there they should look into multi club model.

Get loans and try get back in the league.

No Idea if goalkeeper has a relegation release clause.

But if Zander goes, I wouldn't mind him challenging Gordon for the shirt.

Tommy Brown
8 minutes ago, Bonnie Prince Charlie said:

It was £10 million I think

Domenic Keane fleeced him.

£8M I think it was.

Struggle to care about them either way tbh . Fair few clubs in the lower leagues that are a lot bigger than them like Dunfermline , Partick , Falkirk and Morton 

do not wish any ill on them really , I just dont really anything them