***Official Hearts vs Kilmarnock Match Day thread***

Chimp

Pasquale for King
10 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

It was an inference for a wide player to allow Vargas a free role and that for most of the game Forrest was missing-in-inaction.

He really isn’t the quality that we need, a squad player moving forward. 

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• jock _turd

• feej

• pettigrewsstylist

GinRummy
1 hour ago, feej said:

Would be safe to say we would have lost today if wasn't playing.

Kingsley did well but he's a left back and that's where he should be playing. I think Naismith doesn't trust Sibbick or Rowles going by team selection today.

He doesn’t trust Sibbick. Rowles has featured 35 times in all competitions this season. 

merrymac
46 minutes ago, Pistol1874 said:

He did fade, but perhaps if even one of the many excellent forward runs he made 1st half had been picked out, or someone had even attempted to find him rather than take the safe option, things might’ve been better.

Totally agree +. showed for the ball constantly  and made good runs inside the full backs numerous times, and not once did anybody attempt to find him. Faded a bit in the second half when the game stretched , but I really like what he brings to the team.

chazza74
56 minutes ago, Pistol1874 said:

He did fade, but perhaps if even one of the many excellent forward runs he made 1st half had been picked out, or someone had even attempted to find him rather than take the safe option, things might’ve been better.

Exactly, it’s as if we didn’t trust Tait , the guy made great runs , why play him if you won’t trust the guy 

Scott Leitch

What was with the flag. Heart and soul of Gorgie? It's Edinburgh FFS! Looked shite. 

Debut 4

In the end, an uninspiring performance after a reasonable first half.  

Again, I feel many of our players toil in-game to respond or realise when the opposition have upped the ante. 

The midfield fell out of it. A combination of work rate dropping in possession and movement off the ball being a large contributing factor.  We suddenly became static at throw ins with options and movement at a premium. 

Pretty disappointing we didn’t capitalise on a dominate start and lead.  

jr ewing
22 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

He doesn’t trust Sibbick. Rowles has featured 35 times in all competitions this season. 

I wouldn't trust him either. 

Wee Mikey
15 minutes ago, Scott Leitch said:

What was with the flag. Heart and soul of Gorgie? It's Edinburgh FFS! Looked shite. 

It looked absolutely fine from where we were sitting.

Screenshot_20240330_192655_Gallery.jpg

Scott Leitch
Just now, Wee Mikey said:

Always been the Heart and Soul of Edinburgh. Heart and Soul of Gorgie ffs

Great to see Tait get a start today. I love watching this boy play. My favourite player.

tiger Rudi
1 hour ago, alicante jambo said:

Dexter had an absolute mare today. Feck knows how many times he just punted it up the park to a killie player or just gave it to a killie player. Get a right back signed would be my priority.

I've been saying this all season and last. Second goal today might have been finished with aplomb but the defending by Dexter was aweful. How many times do teams expose our rb area? Losing count! 

Scott Leitch
12 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

Edited by Scott Leitch

colinmaroon

See the brilliant BBC, as of 20.00, despite having match report still have our defeat at Dingwall still as leader.

What an accident!!!

This is My Story Podcast
27 minutes ago, Scott Leitch said:

Always been the Heart and Soul of Edinburgh. Heart and Soul of Gorgie ffs

The display and banner was arranged and designed by Big Hearts. The club are the heart and soul of Edinburgh. Big Hearts are the clubs charity and focus on the community in and around the club. So they wanted the banner to say “the heart and soul of Gorgie” cause that’s the community they serve. 

Scott Leitch
4 minutes ago, This is My Story Podcast said:

The display and banner was arranged and designed by Big Hearts. The club are the heart and soul of Edinburgh. Big Hearts are the clubs charity and focus on the community in and around the club. So they wanted the banner to say “the heart and soul of Gorgie” cause that’s the community they serve. 

That makes sense. I should have realised instead of jumping in! 

This is My Story Podcast
2 minutes ago, Scott Leitch said:

That makes sense. I should have realised instead of jumping in! 

All good mate. Big Heart approached the ultras and asked if they’d do a joint display with them to celebrate Big Hearts day. They wanted a banner that summed up what they do and the wanted something that celebrated Gorgie and the community. The paper tifo had 3500 QR codes printed on it so folk could donate. Hopefully over the next few days and weeks we hear that Big Hearts get to their 30k target. GU had folk out collecting with buckets for Big Hearts as well, so hopefully made a fair whack with them aswell. 

♥️🇱🇻

JimmyCant
2 hours ago, Gambo said:

On today’s performance I pray we are looking to spend nowhere near 700k for Armstrong. He is good a greeting at refs though.

You’re joking. Every time he touched the ball something dangerous happened from it. He was outstanding and £700k would be a steal 

Scott Leitch
2 minutes ago, This is My Story Podcast said:

All good mate. Big Heart approached the ultras and asked if they’d do a joint display with them to celebrate Big Hearts day. They wanted a banner that summed up what they do and the wanted something that celebrated Gorgie and the community. The paper tifo had 3500 QR codes printed on it so folk could donate. Hopefully over the next few days and weeks we hear that Big Hearts get to their 30k target. GU had folk out collecting with buckets for Big Hearts as well, so hopefully made a fair whack with them aswell. 

♥️🇱🇻

Good to hear. Big Hearts do so much good in the community. Helped a lot of people. 

Jambo92

We are passive as hell, we'll get 3rd but that's about it, nae guts to do the dirty work. I will get called being dramatic but every game I've watched this year has been the same, very little grit or desire.  

Mikey1874

I do think it can be hard to play after the international break. You effectively have one training session to prepare. 

Better test of where we are next week. 

...andFulton'sBaggio
3 hours ago, OTT said:

Our decision making in the final 3rd is ****ing criminal. Shankland having to drift all over the shop because he's the only competent attacker we have. 

Why Cochrane is getting anywhere near set pieces with Grant on the field begs questions too. Makes me want to take a toilet duck eyebath. 

Toilet duck eye bath 🤣🤣. Made me laugh

Bongo 1874
4 hours ago, Luckies1874 said:

Quality footballer. 

We should break our transfer record and sign Armstrong from Killie in the summer. We should be at the stage of paying £1 million for the correct player and it would be a big statement. Exactly the type; young and with substantial league experience. Only going to get better and will thrive at night club. Would be superb for us. 

Absolutely 👍 angry with today mate.

Bongo 1874
3 hours ago, feej said:

Would be safe to say we would have lost today if wasn't playing.

Kingsley did well but he's a left back and that's where he should be playing. I think Naismith doesn't trust Sibbick or Rowles going by team selection today.

Sibbick was a player we could of done with just infront of back four.

Take off Grant for Sibbick,take of Shankland for Oda and go 433 instead of 4231.

As kilmarnock were coming onto us.

Unfortunately Sibbick wasn't even on bench.

And it appears Shankland can't be subbed.

Pace upfront kills that game today.

Get Gordon back in goal ffs.

Edited by Bongo 1874

upgotheheads
1 hour ago, Prehen said:

Great to see Tait get a start today. I love watching this boy play. My favourite player.

I thought he had a good game with only a couple of errors. I noticed this, which I think is significant; at least half a dozen times he picked up or won loose balls in midfield, passed it to a teammate, and immediately ran into an attacking position to take a quick return pass into feet. Very frustratingly, he wasn't given the ball which usually went backward or sideways. I think that as well as his skill he's got a brain that might be a bit too quick for some of his teammates. 

I would be interested to know if anyone else noticed the same thing.

1 hour ago, This is My Story Podcast said:

♥️🇱🇻

The GU did really well today. 

Thought the atmosphere was pretty good at times for a Hearts Kilmarnock game. Period before the Killie goal, the whole stadium was getting involved.  

Jambo92
1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

I do think it can be hard to play after the international break. You effectively have one training session to prepare. 

Better test of where we are next week. 

Followed the same pattern as all season today, very little attacking threat and passive defensively.  Look forward to a different performance next week

merrymac
52 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

I thought he had a good game with only a couple of errors. I noticed this, which I think is significant; at least half a dozen times he picked up or won loose balls in midfield, passed it to a teammate, and immediately ran into an attacking position to take a quick return pass into feet. Very frustratingly, he wasn't given the ball which usually went backward or sideways. I think that as well as his skill he's got a brain that might be a bit too quick for some of his teammates. 

100% correct might take the rest of the team a few games to catch up with his movement and get used to his runs ( hopefully) 😳

jamborich
3 hours ago, jr ewing said:

A draw was a decent result 👏 

Just jumped on the thread this wins it

The Goalscoring Knee
1 hour ago, upgotheheads said:

I like how the crowd seem to be cutting him a bit of slack when he makes mistakes, as he will do as a young player. I thought he gave the ball away a bit more than he should have, tbh, I counted four occasions, one of which ultimately led to Frankie picking up a yellow, IIRC, but he's definitely not short of confidence to try things. 

3 hours ago, Scott Leitch said:

**** off hibs *****. 

HEARTS FOREVER

Love Shankland but he was poor today and surely he would have been subbed if we had someone to bring in in that position.

Surely we need to strengthen up front big time in the close season

9 minutes ago, HEARTS FOREVER said:

Love Shankland but he was poor today and surely he would have been subbed if we had someone to bring in in that position.

🤣

Nelly Terraces

We are 5 first team picks short of a decent team, that's clear as day. The manager is also not the finished article by a long way, McInnes stuck an extra body in his midfield 35 minutes into the game & Kilmarnock controlled the game from that point onwards. 

Doctor FinnBarr

Just home from Tynie so I don't know if this has been covered or not. When a Killie fan got huckled after they scored and was being led away beside lower N a grotty wee ned gobbed on him. Lowest of the low in my book.

jamborich
33 minutes ago, HEARTS FOREVER said:

He wasn’t poor works his socks off set up the goal oh so he didn’t score must have had a 💩 game get real

ehcaley
2 hours ago, upgotheheads said:

My thoughts during the game,as you same very frustrating.

Watt-Zeefuik
6 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

The only positive about today's game was that Killie needed to narrow the gap and they failed.

Our second half was very poor.  Every cross into our box is an adventure and I wonder why our defenders are so poor at jumping.  And we give the ball away far too easily.

Kingsley as a CH in a back 4 doesn’t work for me. He’s very good in a back 3 and he’s very good in the air but he’s not that tall and having only Kent as a box guardian makes it easy to avoid him. 

jamborich
1 minute ago, Watt-Zeefuik said:

Kingsley as a CH in a back 4 doesn’t work for me. He’s very good in a back 3 and he’s very good in the air but he’s not that tall and having only Kent as a box guardian makes it easy to avoid him. 

jamborich
Just now, jamborich said:
5 minutes ago, Watt-Zeefuik said:

Trying not to laugh 

bawheed
4 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

You’re joking. Every time he touched the ball something dangerous happened from it. He was outstanding and £700k would be a steal 

Armstrong for £700k Hearts should bite there hand off.

No idea where that figure came from or even if Kilmarnock would let him go.

But the boys got bags of talent.

Arthur Morgan
4 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

Exactly. Where did you see £700k quoted? If that's the price, we should go for it!

The problem today wasn't losing a goal it was failing to score two.   Some decisions at the final ball could've had us more than two but it wasn't to be. Typical fixture after an international break sees players out of form. 

jimbojambo
26 minutes ago, bawheed said:

Armstrong for £700k Hearts should bite there hand off.

No idea where that figure came from or even if Kilmarnock would let him go.

But the boys got bags of talent.

He's what Hearts and Scotland are crying out for. A brilliant crosser and striker of a ball who makes and scores goals. I was delighted when they took him off and put GMS on. 

Aussie Jambo
4 hours ago, This is My Story Podcast said:

♥️🇱🇻

Better than the shit Jackson Pollock Sevco did any day. It didn’t quite work out right, shame. 

IMG_0299.jpeg

Hearts1975

Tbh take Matty Kennedy and Danny Armstrong out that side, they are nothing but a well drilled machine. Those 2 players add a bit of flair.

A draw was probably a fair result. Bit disappointing as we took the lead but they did have a right go at us, so can't really begrudge them a point. 

They really needed the points more than us, and we didn't lose the game, so no real damage done, in the end. 

Edited by Hearts1975

gregzy2k7

Just watched the game back,

I thought we were decent first half and deserved our lead and we could have really turned the screw and went further in front, but we just didn't have that final ball or composure that resulted in a second goal,

Killie definitely came into it more in the 2nd half and I would say they matched, if not bettered our play in the 2nd half whilst scoring a wonder goal and we're unlucky with a couple of other chances in the match,

It was one of those games where it could have went either way and a draw was clearly the right result,

Positives for me were Frankie Kent being back in who made a huge difference to our defence and also Vargas just looks like he is getting better and better.

JimmyCant
5 hours ago, Arthur Morgan said:

Exactly. Where did you see £700k quoted? If that's the price, we should go for it!

Quoted by someone else, not me, but I think it’s in the ballpark (maybe up to £1million) as he’s only got a year left and they’ll have to sell in the summer or get nothing (much like us with Shankland)

Dont think the price will matter anyway. He’ll be going to a bigger club than us for his next move. Sort of player Celtic are crying out for.

Should have been capped this season IMO

Edited by JimmyCant

JimmyCant
6 hours ago, HEARTS FOREVER said:

I wouldn’t go as far as ‘poor’ but nothing happened for him. Surrounded everytime he got the ball in a dangerous position. Normally he can still do something with that but he lost out a lot yesterday. I agree if we had an alternative we might have taken him off but none of our forward players contributed very much. Forrest , Vargas, hardly anything. Oda and McKay nothing at all.

thegreatsd

We played well the first half and should have had the game won by half time. Let them back into second half. Great seeing Tait getting his first start and he did well. Disappointed to not get the win but it’s not the worst result and when we get our next win I reckon that will be third pretty well cemented👍🇱🇻

Anyone else notice that Lindsay from Kilmarnock and his celebration in front our fans? Made a very strange gesture with his eyes?