Frankie Kent

We_are_the_Hearts

We_are_the_Hearts

Could really do with him against Killy and St Mirren, any word on his progress?

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• wavydavy

• soonbe110

• Threedoorsdown

Threedoorsdown

We are going to really struggle to keep ahold of Kent I think. What a difference he’s made.

Edited by Threedoorsdown

kingantti1874
2 minutes ago, Threedoorsdown said:

We are going to really struggle to keep ahold of Kent I think. What a difference he’s made.

Oh ffs. No we aren’t going to struggle to keep Kent. Hes 28 and we are by far and away the biggest club he’s played for.

he not a new kid on the block, plenty of teams in England offered him deals when he moved up here.

We_are_the_Hearts

Yip and he will want to play in Europe next season

HillmanHearts

Would be good to get some positive news on his injury.

Been a bit quiet on that front. (Appreciate we are on an International break.)

Would really like him back asap.

Threedoorsdown
9 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Oh ffs. No we aren’t going to struggle to keep Kent. Hes 28 and we are by far and away the biggest club he’s played for.

he not a new kid on the block, plenty of teams in England offered him deals when he moved up here.

Not really sure my post merited that reaction 😂

He is 29 later this year. Has only played for two teams with no big transfers really. Europe means very little to players compared to money. If I was Kent I’d be looking for a move this summer as next summer may be too late.

Of course, I could be talking out my backside. But I just have a feeling in my gut that clubs will be in for him down south.

Edited by Threedoorsdown

A_A wehatethehibs
10 minutes ago, Threedoorsdown said:

🤣 we are contractually guaranteed to be keeping hold of him for 2 more

full seasons if we want. 

HopeDiouf
Just now, TexasAndy said:

Was it his hamstring?  

was his knee.  didn't look great.  I'll be pleasantly surprised if he's back this week.

Skacelsid

Been a great signing and has been missed lately especially as his partnership with Rowles is looking good. The "worry" about us being able to hold on to him is unfounded. We have been a great move for him. Hopefully back this weekend.

Threedoorsdown
3 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

🤣 we are contractually guaranteed to be keeping hold of him for 2 more

full seasons if we want. 

We aren’t the type of club that’s going to force someone to stay. My posts getting abit out of hand - I’m not saying that we are definitely losing him or he’s unhappy.

I’m just worried after years of complaining we don’t sell players we are going to sell all my favourite ones.

GavK1012
7 minutes ago, Threedoorsdown said:

He is 29 later this year. Has only played for two teams with no big transfers really. Europe means very little to players compared to money. If I was Kent I’d be looking for a move this summer as next summer may be too late.

Of course, I could be talking out my backside. But I just have a feeling in my gut that clubs will be in for him down south.

🤭😬

Dia Liom

He has been excellent, and more than that seems to be a big positive influence on the other players, always smiling, happy. Lots of praise to Big Savage and the recruitment geeks.

jamboinglasgow

Must admit, I do find it a little odd that in the last week or so, whenever Naismith talks about injuries and who is coming back he never mentions Kent.

kingantti1874
10 minutes ago, Threedoorsdown said:

Every time we talk about a player on here I read

”I think we will really struggle to keep him”.

we have enough money to ward off the level clubs who’d be attracted to Frankie. Magnificent as he is up here, he has weakness which means there is a glass ceiling for him in England.

Robbo-Jambo
5 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Must admit, I do find it a little odd that in the last week or so, whenever Naismith talks about injuries and who is coming back he never mentions Kent.

This.

Naismith said he would only be out a few weeks which have kind of past now.

Bit worrying he made no mention of him.

Daveandal

We may lose defenders the summer for various reasons. It's possible Cochrane, Rowles and Sibbick could all move on.

Frankie Kent won't.

been here before
32 minutes ago, Threedoorsdown said:

il_1080xN.5781639259_r99t.thumb.jpg.8f385ad545f9feb98417924bf6890410.jpg

RustyRightPeg
37 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

In fairness he's in most articles team of the season so far. That won't go unnoticed. 

38 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

This. He's not well rounded enough to play at a higher level, his distribution of the ball is bad but he's a bloody good defender. I'd say the best since Berra (pre-injury).

John Findlay
19 minutes ago, OTT said:

This. He's not well rounded enough to play at a higher level, his distribution of the ball is bad but he's a bloody good defender. I'd say the best since Berra (pre-injury).

He is berraesque, he passes the ball just a little bit better, not in Souttar's distribution class, but better than Berra, but not by much.

Edited by John Findlay

soonbe110
50 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Every time we talk about a player on here I read

”I think we will really struggle to keep him”.

we have enough money to ward off the level clubs who’d be attracted to Frankie. Magnificent as he is up here, he has weakness which means there is a glass ceiling for him in England.

Money isn’t everything as in Beni’s case.  Sometimes players just want to be closer to home even if it means earning a bit less. 
I don’t think Kent will be leaving, we are by far the biggest club he has played for, have much bigger games than he is used to eg semi-finals at Hampden, and we will probably be group stages next season. Would be surprised if he turned his back on that to go play for  Portsmouth in the bottom reaches of the Championship next season. 

Not sure folk realise just how important getting group stage is this year other than the money.  Would expect it’s a big deal in the plans of Shanks, Beni, and maybe Cochrane and Kent. 

Jim_Duncan

They've decided to bury him and Halkett in the same grave to save money.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Threedoorsdown said:

We aren’t the type of club that’s going to force someone to stay. My posts getting abit out of hand - I’m not saying that we are definitely losing him or he’s unhappy.

I’m just worried after years of complaining we don’t sell players we are going to sell all my favourite ones.

There will be interest in him, I would even say we should be giving him a new deal on higher wages as hes our best defender by far and has made all the rest including the GK look better.

The Goalscoring Knee
1 hour ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Naismith said he would only be out a few weeks which have kind of past now.

Tbf to Naismith, it has only been four weeks since it happened, which kinda falls under the umbrella of a few weeks, I guess. Fingers crossed he's on the mend but yes, would be good to hear something about a return. 

davemclaren
42 minutes ago, Jim_Duncan said:

They've decided to bury him and Halkett in the same grave to save money.

Not funny. 🥸

Fozzyonthefence
42 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Money isn’t everything as in Beni’s case.  Sometimes players just want to be closer to home even if it means earning a bit less. 
I don’t think Kent will be leaving, we are by far the biggest club he has played for, have much bigger games than he is used to eg semi-finals at Hampden, and we will probably be group stages next season. Would be surprised if he turned his back on that to go play for  Portsmouth in the bottom reaches of the Championship next season. 

Not sure folk realise just how important getting group stage is this year other than the money.  Would expect it’s a big deal in the plans of Shanks, Beni, and maybe Cochrane and Kent. 

I think the importance to players of group stage football in the Conference is actually overstated.  It’s not like it’s elite level Champions League.  Far more important to the club in terms of guaranteed income but the majority of players are much more motivated by money.  I’m not sure a few 4-0 or 5-1 tonkings in the Conference gets the players juices flowing as much as you think although I’m sure it would help if we were a lot more competitive. 

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Threedoorsdown said:

Nah, he's what we were missing but he's just a big dependable heed the baw type.

Clubs bigger than us are unlikely to be interested.

soonbe110
10 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

I think the importance to players of group stage football in the Conference is actually overstated.  It’s not like it’s elite level Champions League.  Far more important to the club in terms of guaranteed income but the majority of players are much more motivated by money.  I’m not sure a few 4-0 or 5-1 tonkings in the Conference gets the players juices flowing as much as you think although I’m sure it would help if we were a lot more competitive. 

Disagree, opportunity to play group stages for someone like Kent would almost be career highlight unless we win the cup. 
The salary diff between us and what he could probably get from one season championship club or league one club at his age will not be that great esp if we want to keep him. 

soonbe110
9 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Nah, he's what we were missing but he's just a big dependable heed the baw type.

Exactly, the ball playing defenders like Kingsley just need the Kent type  of rock in the midst of them. 

Think people are underestimating the pull of working for a well-run club with a good working environment in a nice city. Massively important to us mere mortals, so undoubtedly a factor for footballers too.

Not going to get that at Wigan or Portsmouth or another one of these batshit yo-yo clubs down south...

Glamorgan Jambo

No matter how good a season he’s had for us English clubs will view him as damaged goods.

upgotheheads
3 hours ago, Threedoorsdown said:

It would depend on what club comes in for him and how much we value him.  Hearts are not desperate for the money, Edinburgh is one of the nicest cities in the UK, he'll be on decent money with us and I doubt that anything less than one of the bigger Championship clubs would offer a more attractive deal than Hearts,  all things considered. 

His family situation could be a factor, but haven't heard anything here to suggest he's unhappy at Hearts.

4marsbars
1 hour ago, Bazzas right boot said:

That's a bit like describing Robbo and Shankland as 'poachers' who are 'just' goal scorers. If it was that simple lots of players would do it more.

Same with the aerial dominance and last-ditch defending that Kent does. There's nothing 'just' about that. He's immense. 

4 hours ago, Threedoorsdown said:

A transfer your literally making up in your own head.

wavydavy

This is an extract froman article in the EEN a week ago. No idea how accurate it is but I hope it is correct.

We expect Frankie and Calem back [training] during the international break, which then puts them into the first game back [against Kilmarnock on 30 March].

Ian Black 8

Nothing so far 2 say he will be away in the summer from club or players side 👌🏼 no doubt will be interest coz of his performances but a think if he performs this well towards end of next season maybe a different convo 

Edited by Ian Black 8

Threedoorsdown
12 minutes ago, droid said:

A transfer you’re literally making up in your own head.

I haven’t made up any transfer? It’s quite ironic really that you accuse me of making things up in my head. 

I feel Frankie is a good player and if I was a a championship club down south I’d consider him. 

In terms of his injury, I hope he recovers soon. He’s a big player for us. 

Fozzyonthefence
2 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Disagree, opportunity to play group stages for someone like Kent would almost be career highlight unless we win the cup. 
The salary diff between us and what he could probably get from one season championship club or league one club at his age will not be that great esp if we want to keep him. 

Most players, given the choice between maybe doubling or tripling their wages or getting their arses felt 4-0 by a fairly average European team like PAOK are going to opt for the former.  And I can’t blame them, they’re only human and need to look out for their families, it’s a short career.   Champions League could be a game changer but that’s not happening.  

Debut 4
20 minutes ago, Threedoorsdown said:

I haven’t made up any transfer? It’s quite ironic really that you accuse me of making things up in my head. 

I feel Frankie is a good player and if I was a a championship club down south I’d consider him. 

In terms of his injury, I hope he recovers soon. He’s a big player for us. 

I’m not sure decent English Championship sides are in rush to sign a 29yo who they’ve probably known about for years and didn’t take a punt on him when he was younger?

He’s probably playing the steady way he was before we got him.  You aren’t talking about 21 year old plucked from lower leagues and has shone, and more, beyond expectancy and clearly has the capacity to progress further. 

I don’t see it as a player flourishing to a new level that would alert clubs. We’ve bought a tried and trusted CH who is what he is and suits the rigours of the SPL.  

He’s been excellent. Apart from Halkett, our only other “proper” competent CH with all the basics in place.  Wins headers, can tackle, covers well and reads the game. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
10 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

I’m not sure decent English Championship sides are in rush to sign a 29yo who they’ve probably known about for years and didn’t take a punt on him when he was younger?

He’s probably playing the steady way he was before we got him.  You aren’t talking about 21 year old plucked from lower leagues and has shone, and more, beyond expectancy and clearly has the capacity to progress further. 

I don’t see it as a player flourishing to a new level that would alert clubs. We’ve bought a tried and trusted CH who is what he is and suits the rigours of the SPL.  

He’s been excellent. Apart from Halkett, our only other “proper” competent CH with all the basics in place.  Wins headers, can tackle, covers well and reads the game. 

Saved me the bother

Hectormasson
5 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

exactly, a long way to go yet thinking about bigger move than hearts,    good player open to progress.

Red Card Ref

It's gonna be interesting to see how the cookie crumbles when Halkett is back fit. Would love to see how they would pair as a back two. Pace may be an issue, but we'll never know until we see it in action. I really don't like Kent on the right of a back three. Feel like both Kent and Halkett play best in the middle.

been here before
51 minutes ago, Threedoorsdown said:

But you're not though.

You're just imagining you are.

TheBigO
23 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Yup, and I think he may well know he can play at our level for a few more years too.  Another good season and he gets another contract.  We never know what a guys personal situ is or what their agent is trying to drum up for Frankie feels very much like a boy who has found a good fit for himself at a late-ish point in his career - as I say probably one contract left in him at this level, his best bet is probably Hearts.

Rather than struggling to keep him, is Frankie captain material would be my question.

And also, yeah when he back!?!?!?!?!

Thomaso
1 hour ago, wavydavy said:

This is an extract froman article in the EEN a week ago. No idea how accurate it is but I hope it is correct.

We expect Frankie and Calem back [training] during the international break, which then puts them into the first game back [against Kilmarnock on 30 March].

Thats Hearts code for - they will be out for months!

RustyRightPeg
6 minutes ago, Red Card Ref said:

It's gonna be interesting to see how the cookie crumbles when Halkett is back fit. Would love to see how they would pair as a back two. Pace may be an issue, but we'll never know until we see it in action. I really don't like Kent on the right of a back three. Feel like both Kent and Halkett play best in the middle.

Halkett won't be first pick when he's back. Let's be brutally honest, we can't trust his fitness and so it would be negligent on the clubs part not to bring a CB in to replace him, even if it's a loan. If he's fit, great lets see if he's back to his best. Until then, we operate on the basis he isn't fit.

soonbe110
2 hours ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Most players, given the choice between maybe doubling or tripling their wages or getting their arses felt 4-0 by a fairly average European team like PAOK are going to opt for the former.  And I can’t blame them, they’re only human and need to look out for their families, it’s a short career.   Champions League could be a game changer but that’s not happening.  

He is never moving to a club for two or three times what we are paying him

He is league 1 journeyman pro approaching 29 years of age   Quite confident we are the biggest club he will play for at first team level 

wavydavy
2 hours ago, Thomaso said:

Thats Hearts code for - they will be out for months!

Probably.