Cammy Devlin

Walter Kidd

Luckies1874
7 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yeah and one made two goals and other chances, one done nothing of note, again.

Yep exactly. Flatters to deceive. Sometimes shows in flashes what he is capable of and then fails to do it again, sometimes for several games. Hugely frustrating that he’s not prepared to take games by the scruff of the neck and lead the side and is just contract to go through the motions all too often. 

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Watt-Zeefuik

• Chimp

• soonbe110

No Idle Talk
56 minutes ago, OTT said:

image.png.becaa0b000cf9b164016fb7e8a72e22c.png

I've no doubt Killie wouldn't want to make it an easy transfer, but I think if we could stretch to that £600k (or less given he's in his final 12 months) and include a player going the other way, that might make things a lot easier. Alan Forrest for example, means Killie are replacing a winger with winger and have some cash in their pocket too. e.g. £450k + Forrest. That genuinely isn't a bad deal.. could have Forrest on a 3 year deal, and not have to go through the impending headache of replacing Armstrong next summer anyway!

I know there is that question of what if Forrest doesn't want to go, well I cannot see Naismith seeing him as a core part of his plans next season. He's not good enough and shouldn't be viewed as a starting 11 player. Even if it is a loan deal, or topping up his Killie wages. Plus, Killie isn't a bad move for him. He'd be playing top 6 football for a club that probably matches his quality rather than frustrating everyone and himself at Hearts. 

We spent around £400k on Kio and that was objectively a very poor decision. We spent a six figure fee on Tagawa.. I don't see the value in spending this kind of money on punts when we have an excellent option on our door step that would cost a little bit more. Surely better to spend the money and be confident in what we're getting?

Interesting. 

I don't disagree with anything you've said. If it was possible to get Armstrong for around £400k + Alan Forrest then that is a deal I would do. 

Pasquale for King
12 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

Yep exactly. Flatters to deceive. Sometimes shows in flashes what he is capable of and then fails to do it again, sometimes for several games. Hugely frustrating that he’s not prepared to take games by the scruff of the neck and lead the side and is just contract to go through the motions all too often. 

He’s going to get a shock when he sees the level of team that will be interested in him, probably why he hasn’t signed a pre contract yet.