Macaulay Tait

Pete Elliott

Ffs some folk need to get a grip he’s a young laddie. He needs time to develop and find his position within the team. Him Tait and Pollock are potentially the future and could save us a lot of money in transfers. Give them a chance, we’ve had some amazing players come through our ranks and all of them took a season or two to settle. 

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Boris5115

• DG_HMFC

• jamboinglasgow

• Pasquale for King

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, jamboinglasgow said:

I would agree with that. I think Tait will having a bigger career at a higher level than Denholm but think both have a great chance of a good career.

To me, Tait is easier to place in a team due to him processing a very particular set of skills that work well in a certain role. Denholm doesn't have that at the moment, which means he can often look wrong in some roles. At the moment Denholm has a lot energy and is good with instructions from the manager. I was reading an interview with him a few days ago, and I think its a case that he is a raw player that Naismith is looking to mold. It will take time but I see him becoming a dependable player for Naismith in the squad as time goes on.

Agreed 👍🏽 

Hearts1975
1 hour ago, DS98 said:

He’s 18

Got it wrong. I thought he was a year younger. 

Doesn't make any difference to the overall point I was making though. 

4 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

I think Tait has shown more than Denholm, who has great energy but I’m not sure what his best position is.

Both have a good chance of progressing under the current management. 

Some suggestion they've earmarked Denholm for RWB. 

Boris5115
10 hours ago, JamboAl said:

This might be the problem.

SN trying too hard to prove he was right in keeping Denhom and Bob was wrong to release him.

Id sway with Neilson on that one. 

soonbe110
13 hours ago, DG_HMFC said:

Is miles better than Denholm. 

Nothing against the lad, I just don't think he's anywhere near good enough.

Tait is a proper footballer. I understand young players need to be patient, but he adds more to the side than a few of them.in there today.

Neilson was right about Denholm - release him.  Instead Naismith gave him a three year deal.  Just doesn’t look anywhere near good enough for top level football. 

Pete Elliott

Disappointed this has transformed into a thread slagging off Denholm. That wasn’t my intention. I thought Aiden was decent yesterday in the advanced midfield role but we missed someone behind him picking passes.

Surprised Tait hasn’t had a sniff last few games after looking very impressive. Maybe been carrying a knock or not showing up great in training. 

10 hours ago, TallPaul said:

Pish. Denholm yes but not near Beni yet

I think your response is flowing down the urinal.

Threedoorsdown

Naismith is doing a fantastic job with Tait. Absolutely right not to play him every week. 

He needs a chance to absorb the information he is learning. He’s avoiding letting him stagnate and giving his body a chance to recover.

fantastic management.

HEARTS FOREVER
12 hours ago, OTT said:

He works extremely hard for his teammates and I assume Naismith trusts him to carry out his instructions. 

Problem is, he's not an attacking midfielder. IMO more of a Callum McGregor type. 

He offers nothing but running

Skacelsid

Denholm must be preferred ATM due to being more advanced physically, it really cannot be anything else. It would be great if both "made it" although Aiden needs to show more, it may come. Experienced regulars tho should be making it easier for him.  Tait is smaller and always will be and is being handled correctly IMO. The "problem" is he is better than the regulars even at this stage. What we do not want is "Bulking him up" just to rush him on. Let him develop naturally. Luca Modric would not be better if he was rippling with muscles. Tait showed me against Celtic that he will be able to handle himself. I would however be giving the boy the game time required with a view to be starting the Hampden semi. That would give me hope for our chances and for the future.

DG_HMFC
31 minutes ago, Pap said:

Slaughtering a youngster. That will get his confidence up.

:cornette:

He's not being slaughtered.

He's a professional footballer, playing for one of the biggest clubs in the country.

He needs to grow thick skin because no matter where he ends up plying his trade fans are going to have an opinion on his ability. That's the nature of football. 

2 minutes ago, DG_HMFC said:

He's a professional footballer, playing for one of the biggest clubs in the country.

He needs to grow thick skin because no matter where he ends up plying his trade fans are going to have an opinion on his ability. That's the nature of football. 

Thick skin like Novikovas? :laugh:

Anyway, i completely disagree. 

pettigrewsstylist
15 hours ago, Boris5115 said:

Denholm in front of Tait is madness. Clear as day Denholm is Naismiths boy. On another subject who wins the right back lottery next game up. Atkinson or Lembikisa. That position is pharsical. What's Walter Kidd up to these days. 

Its a nonsense. The truth is we now need 2 RBs ready to go!!

Not sure I agree with those saying they play different positions. Surely Tait could contribute 0 goals and 1 assists from CAM too?

13 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

People demanding that Tait plays while slaughtering another youngster in Denholm....if Tait has a few poor games are they going treat him the same?

Denholm is in his first season as a first team player at Hearts. Has had up and downs as you expect from a young player. Cutting him some slack, something we should be doing with all our young players.

Spot on. Tait is a fantastic talent and hard to fathom why he does not play more. Maybe Benni’s contract negotiation having an impact on Tait’s time on the pitch.

I also don’t get the physicality argument. Tait is so technical and quick that he does not need to be physical.

Tait sat on a bench 25+ times before getting minutes. Now he has tasted first team football, manager does appear reluctant to put him on.

DG_HMFC
13 minutes ago, Pap said:

Thick skin like Novikovas? :laugh:

Anyway, i completely disagree. 

Exactly.

TallPaul
1 hour ago, Pap said:

I doubt he reads kickback 

i wish jj was my dad
1 hour ago, TallPaul said:

I doubt he reads kickback 

Every chance a Hearts daft laddie who plays for Heart reads kickback. 

Chuck Berry
8 hours ago, Pap said:

Welcome to JKB.

8 hours ago, DG_HMFC said:

Yep. 

The criticism is only going to intensify as he gets more experienced. 

He's not an attacking midfielder, IMO that much is clear, he's not creative enough and isn't a strong enough finisher by the looks of things. 

I want to see him emulate Callum McGregor. He's got a natural enthusiasm, brilliant workrate and his passing is decent. Unlike Beni he appears more willing to pass the ball forward naturally, so some sort of ball retrieving workhorse seems a better role than trying to play attacking mid (poorly). 

boag1874

Never understand why people can’t praise a player without slaughtering another. We moan for ages about not giving young players a chance and not trusting them enough, then put the boot in after a poor game, it’s pathetic.

1 minute ago, boag1874 said:

Never understand why people can’t praise a player without slaughtering another. We moan for ages about not giving young players a chance and not trusting them enough, then put the boot in after a poor game, it’s pathetic.

The need for comparison I think. "X is better than Y therefore I'm right"

Naismith is doing a grand job in transitioning the younger players into the team. They are not ready to play each week. 

upgotheheads
On 16/03/2024 at 19:29, Gordon Ramsay said:

Denholm is honking. Tait should be ahead of him.

why is anybody comparing Denholm with Tait? They are completely different kinds of player. I like them both and they could easily play together, and will do eventually. Denholm reminds me of Mike Galloway and Cammy Fraser, both mobile and strong and with enough skill to have a successful career, but he hasn't found his best position yet. Everyone knows what kind of player Tait is already.

soonbe110
3 hours ago, boag1874 said:

Lot more than one poor game though. 

Smithian

Tait and Denholm are young. The positives come with negatives. 

We should applaud and support Naismith playing young lads. It isn’t an easy decision for managers, and we should encourage it.

gar jambo
3 hours ago, boag1874 said:

If they are blaming tait ! on a whole hearts midfield just not got enough it has to change if we are to improve ! Mabae hoff just shades it ! 

gordon simpson
23 hours ago, Rudy T said:

Ffs some folk need to get a grip he’s a young laddie. He needs time to develop and find his position within the team. Him Tait and Pollock are potentially the future and could save us a lot of money in transfers. Give them a chance, we’ve had some amazing players come through our ranks and all of them took a season or two to settle. 

well said Rudy T . The fcuk ing muppets spouting shit on here will not understand this thow 

Team gets beat muppets loose their shit turn on own players  

Chuck Berry
4 hours ago, boag1874 said:

This.

6 hours ago, boag1874 said:

This.

HeartsandonlyHearts

Yesterday’s plough field of a pitch and playing against a bunch of desperate hackers was not the place to throw at Tait. 2-0 down and asking him to go on and change things for the team when as a whole we were playing poor wouldn’t have been fair. He looks the real deal and will have plenty of time to prove himself.

HHGH

bawheed
On 16/03/2024 at 18:26, DG_HMFC said:

Is miles better than Denholm. 

Nothing against the lad, I just don't think he's anywhere near good enough.

Tait is a proper footballer. I understand young players need to be patient, but he adds more to the side than a few of them.in there today.

Don’t know what game’s ur watching but Tait far more infective than Grant

gregzy2k7

Needs a chance, would like to see him get a run in the team if we can get 3rd sewn up with a few games to spare.

DG_HMFC
4 hours ago, bawheed said:

Don’t know what game’s ur watching but Tait far more infective than Grant

Whenever Tait plays he looks in total control of what he's doing. He has fantastic ability to keep the ball moving, finding passes and dropping into space. 

And Jorge Grant is bang average.

boag1874
9 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Also had good games too though where he’s come off the bench and improved us. He’s a young player in his first season of senior football, patchy form is normal. 

14 hours ago, boag1874 said:

Well said. It's sad that posters have to slag off Hearts players, I'll never understand it. On the OP, I'd like to see more of Tait but I'll leave it up to our manager to decide. 

TexasAndy

I think Naismith is maybe being a bit protective of Tait.  He's not yet fully matured physically although he's not far away.  I'm happy to trust judgement on this as he's defo a player but I would expect him to be a regular starter before the end of this year.

upgotheheads
11 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

If you're talking about Denholm I can't remember him having one game that could be descrIbed as poor. 

Maybe you think that any game that he isn't actually good is a poor game, I have seen him have good and very good games, and a few when he's been pretty average.

melton58

I don`t get the comments re Aidan Denholm. For the first 20 mins on Saturday I thought he was playing really well and getting stuck in, until he got a kick in the Henry Halls. That seemed to shake him a bit. The manager was also playing him in a position further forward than he has before. I`m sure he was our FOH MOTM recently and you have to remember he is young and our only U21 Scotland call up (other than Neilson on loan at Partick). Hopefully he will prove all the doubters wrong and will become part of a generation of youths players coming through along with Tait, Pollock and Wilson and others.

Jim Panzee
On 16/03/2024 at 18:32, Boris5115 said:

Denholm in front of Tait is madness. Clear as day Denholm is Naismiths boy. On another subject who wins the right back lottery next game up. Atkinson or Lembikisa. That position is pharsical. What's Walter Kidd up to these days. 

I think that's the most farcical spelling attempt I've ever seen....😆

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 hours ago, TexasAndy said:

I think Naismith is maybe being a bit protective of Tait.  He's not yet fully matured physically although he's not far away.  I'm happy to trust judgement on this as he's defo a player but I would expect him to be a regular starter before the end of this year.

I think this is correct, bar regular starter, more minutes though.

Next 3 games important to get the job done, so that these lads can get more minutes before season is over, without pressure.

1 hour ago, upgotheheads said:

If you're talking about Denholm I can't remember him having one game that could be descrIbed as poor. 

Maybe you think that any game that he isn't actually good is a poor game, I have seen him have good and very good games, and a few when he's been pretty average.

Completely agree, ineffective might be a slightly better way to describe some of his performances. In the main I think he’s doing okay though with plenty of decent performances. Gives plenty of effort and doesn’t hide when things aren’t going his way. Some people really need to show a bit of patience with our youngsters. 

52 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

I think that's the most farcical spelling attempt I've ever seen....😆

I pheel you're being a little harsh there mate! I've seen phar worse than that..

jamboozy
15 minutes ago, Chimp said:

I pheel you're being a little harsh there mate! I've seen phar worse than that..

He also said he had a big one, but that’s just a phalusy 😐

busbyfth
On 17/03/2024 at 09:31, Skacelsid said:

Denholm must be preferred ATM due to being more advanced physically, it really cannot be anything else. It would be great if both "made it" although Aiden needs to show more, it may come. Experienced regulars tho should be making it easier for him.  Tait is smaller and always will be and is being handled correctly IMO. The "problem" is he is better than the regulars even at this stage. What we do not want is "Bulking him up" just to rush him on. Let him develop naturally. Luca Modric would not be better if he was rippling with muscles. Tait showed me against Celtic that he will be able to handle himself. I would however be giving the boy the game time required with a view to be starting the Hampden semi. That would give me hope for our chances and for the future.

either of the two mentioned starting the semi would be lunacy in my eyes and my pea brain, I'm afraid

48 minutes ago, jamboozy said:

He also said he had a big one, but that’s just a phalusy 😐

😂

On 17/03/2024 at 11:42, i wish jj was my dad said:

Every chance a Hearts daft laddie who plays for Heart reads kickback. 

Some one needs to have a word with him if he is 

upgotheheads
1 hour ago, Chimp said:

Phor phucks sake! That's pheeble