• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Boris5115

• DG_HMFC

• jamboinglasgow

• Pasquale for King

Seems strange how he is not getting a start. The midfield is woeful just now and Tait has never let us down when he has come on and would give us a bit more going forward. 

DG_HMFC

Is miles better than Denholm. 

Nothing against the lad, I just don't think he's anywhere near good enough.

Tait is a proper footballer. I understand young players need to be patient, but he adds more to the side than a few of them.in there today.

Jamb04life

Absolutely agree. Tait’s done very well anytime he’s came on and deserves a start 

To be fair to Naismith he’s been happy to give youth a chance so we’ll probably need to patient with Tait 

Jamboross

Do Tait and Denholm not play slightly different positions? Agree that I'd like to see Macaulay starting but Denholm was in quite an advanced position, so if it should have been in place of anyone it would have been Cochrane imo with Grant in place of Denholm.

bobskeldon
2 minutes ago, HEARTS FOREVER said:

What is Denholm good at? Somebody tell me. 

Good luck with that one, been asking that specific question since the European games!

Boris5115
2 minutes ago, DG_HMFC said:

Is miles better than Denholm. 

Nothing against the lad, I just don't think he's anywhere near good enough.

Tait is a proper footballer. I understand young players need to be patient, but he adds more to the side than a few of them.in there today.

Denholm in front of Tait is madness. Clear as day Denholm is Naismiths boy. On another subject who wins the right back lottery next game up. Atkinson or Lembikisa. That position is pharsical. What's Walter Kidd up to these days. 

Boris5115
4 minutes ago, HEARTS FOREVER said:

Nothing. 

chazza74
12 minutes ago, Pete Elliott said:

Pished in Naismith’s chips?

Both him and devlin 

chazza74
4 minutes ago, HEARTS FOREVER said:

Aimless running 

jamboozy

Caught rimming Naismith’s coffee cup? Got to have been something like that.🤷‍♂️

DG_HMFC
1 minute ago, Boris5115 said:

Denholm in front of Tait is madness. Clear as day Denholm is Naismiths boy. On another subject who wins the right back lottery next game up. Atkinson or Lembikisa. That position is pharsical. What's Walter Kidd up to these days. 

Atkinson is another one who shouldn't be playing for Hearts 

Again, nice lad, just doesn't add anything positive to the side on a consistent basis.

jr ewing
Just now, chazza74 said:

Aimless running 

Strange contract extension. Will never know why. 

ShedBoy

Are they the same players though? 

Does SN see AD as a more attacking midfielder?

Does he see MT as a more Quarterback, dare I say Snodgrass type midfielder?

This is how I see them both?

Nelly Terraces
Just now, DG_HMFC said:

Atkinson is another one who shouldn't be playing for Hearts 

Again, nice lad, just doesn't add anything positive to the side on a consistent basis.

Agree. How he's still getting picked is beyond me. Terrifying thought of him playing in the semi final, the hun will target him like the sick runt of the litter he is. 

Boris5115
3 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Strange contract extension. Will never know why. 

He was emptied and then brought back. Crazy. 

Robbo-Jambo

The right back position has still not been sorted.

A few other positions as well.

Need quite a few faces in during the summer.

neilnunb

Our midfield is absolutely hopeless but at least when Tait comes on, a bit of energy is put into it.

18Jambo_dave74

I understand the comparisons with Denholm however I’d say the problem is that it was Cochrane picked instead of Tait, not Denholm.

I really don’t understand shoehorning Cochrane in to the middle of the park when we have guys like Tait on the bench.

Naismith and the team have been getting plenty right in recent months but the balance of the midfield needs addressing in the summer as it’s never looked quite right in my opinion. Nieuwenhof was definitely missed today.

ShedBoy
1 minute ago, neilnunb said:

Our midfield is absolutely hopeless but at least when Tait comes on, a bit of energy is put into it.

And calmness

And quality

Denholm is Naismiths blind spot. Obviously has a good relationship from the B team, and Naismith saved him from being released.

Look it’s a great story, young lad, a Hearts fan, getting to play for his team. But I’m afraid the guy just does not offer anything. I think I read his last three starts before this he has been subbed at HT. Didn’t make 60 minutes today.

Seen more promise from Tait in his brief appearances - albeit he is a little more diminutive than Denholm. I think the greater strength and running power of Denholm has been favoured by Naismith - for me that is not enough to be in this team.

alicante jambo

Denholm wasnt the only player who never turned up today. Ffs most of the team were shite. Cochrane getting an easy ride again he was one of the worst. Atkinson and sibbick along with shankland. It was just one of those days today and the officials never helped but deffo need to ship a few players out.

KyleLafferty

Taits time will come. He’s 17? Remember what happened to Cochrane, got to ease him in.

Debut 4

Watching the first half it just screamed out we needed a pass picker and someone who could orchestrate the play that bit quicker. (Like Dhanda did for them)  Tait seems to have that in his locker.  We tend to dominate the ball in midfield but pass the buck when it comes to doing something worthwhile with the ball.

We missed the Hoff as well, mind you.  

Edited by Debut 4

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Tait is a good bit younger. Faith in the gaffer he understands who needs time right now. To be fair to Denholm was a good cameo Monday 

Go for it 1308
47 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

Taits time will come. He’s 17? Remember what happened to Cochrane, got to ease him in.

If your good enough you're old enough 

Denholm could lace Macauley’s right boot. But he’s a wee bit bigger so he gets starts ahead of him. Thought we were done with pish like that in this country.

Hearts1975

Going against the grain here 

Folk do realise that with Denholm's age, unexpected loss of form will happen. Consistency will suffer. Doesn't make the lad a bad player. 

He didn't play well today, and he hasn't played well recently but a dip of form is different to being a shite player 

I think Tait is a cracking young player and I suspect (can't be certain) that Naismith left him out, and preferred denholm, due to his physicality,

Like someone else mentioned,

Tait is 17 yrs old. 

whitedevries

I’ll see your Denholm and raise you a Cochrane. Utter crunchie! 

Hearts1975
1 hour ago, alicante jambo said:

Denholm wasnt the only player who never turned up today. Ffs most of the team were shite. Cochrane getting an easy ride again he was one of the worst. Atkinson and sibbick along with shankland. It was just one of those days today and the officials never helped but deffo need to ship a few players out.

Exactly what I thought .. he certainly wasn't the only one to not play well. We are missing the Hoff. I reckon, come the summer, naisy will be performing some much needed surgery in the midfield. 

In the meantime he has to play who we have available. 

Tynehead
1 hour ago, HEARTS FOREVER said:

One of the few that got his strip muddy.

1 hour ago, HEARTS FOREVER said:

He works extremely hard for his teammates and I assume Naismith trusts him to carry out his instructions. 

Problem is, he's not an attacking midfielder. IMO more of a Callum McGregor type. 

jamboinglasgow

People demanding that Tait plays while slaughtering another youngster in Denholm....if Tait has a few poor games are they going treat him the same?

Denholm is in his first season as a first team player at Hearts. Has had up and downs as you expect from a young player. Cutting him some slack, something we should be doing with all our young players.

Armageddon
26 minutes ago, Go for it 1308 said:

A guy in my mates street used to say that, he was jailed for 6 years.

Pasquale for King
16 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

People demanding that Tait plays while slaughtering another youngster in Denholm....if Tait has a few poor games are they going treat him the same?

Denholm is in his first season as a first team player at Hearts. Has had up and downs as you expect from a young player. Cutting him some slack, something we should be doing with all our young players.

I think Tait has shown more than Denholm, who has great energy but I’m not sure what his best position is.

Both have a good chance of progressing under the current management. 

KyleLafferty
43 minutes ago, Go for it 1308 said:

True but he needs to be eased in. And Naisy is doing it perfectly.

JamboAl
2 hours ago, Boris5115 said:

He was emptied and then brought back. Crazy. 

This might be the problem.

SN trying too hard to prove he was right in keeping Denhom and Bob was wrong to release him.

jamboinglasgow
6 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I think Tait has shown more than Denholm, who has great energy but I’m not sure what his best position is.

Both have a good chance of progressing under the current management. 

I would agree with that. I think Tait will having a bigger career at a higher level than Denholm but think both have a great chance of a good career.

To me, Tait is easier to place in a team due to him processing a very particular set of skills that work well in a certain role. Denholm doesn't have that at the moment, which means he can often look wrong in some roles. At the moment Denholm has a lot energy and is good with instructions from the manager. I was reading an interview with him a few days ago, and I think its a case that he is a raw player that Naismith is looking to mold. It will take time but I see him becoming a dependable player for Naismith in the squad as time goes on.

TallPaul
2 hours ago, H2 said:

Tait is ahead of Denholm and Beni

Pish. Denholm yes but not near Beni yet

1 hour ago, Hearts1975 said:

Going against the grain here 

Folk do realise that with Denholm's age, unexpected loss of form will happen. Consistency will suffer. Doesn't make the lad a bad player. 

He didn't play well today, and he hasn't played well recently but a dip of form is different to being a shite player 

I think Tait is a cracking young player and I suspect (can't be certain) that Naismith left him out, and preferred denholm, due to his physicality,

Like someone else mentioned,

Tait is 17 yrs old. 

He’s 18

south morocco

Maybe he’s got a knock or other wee niggle. Nobody really knows. Hopefully see him getting more game time soon.

King prawn
1 hour ago, Tynehead said:

One of the few that got his strip muddy.

if that's the criteria for a good game, I could've played and lay on my back for 60 minutes