Top Posters In This Topic

Deevers
1 hour ago, feedthefox said:

Riddle me this.

How does Denholm start over Tait? 

A mystery.

Bob Loblaw
51 minutes ago, Watt-Zeefuik said:

Funny how many "what ifs" there were today.

White's unbelievable, gobsmacking miss

Toby's fine volley that the keeper did well to keep out

Shanks' card that should have been a pen

The disallowed free kick

Sibbick's brain fart

Could easily have been 3-1 County or 3-1 us.

At the end of the day, they came out of the tunnel with their hair on fire and we struggled to respond to the intensity. Some mistakes in the shape and the selection, I think, and that didn't help.

Win next week and third is effectively done.

Vargas great effort bouncing out rather than in too.

24 minutes ago, OTT said:

We had 2 attacking midfielders on the bench - Fraser & Grant. 

Tait is a holding mid, Denholm looks a bit of an allrounder and Pollock hasn't played enough to be talked about in terms that he could be relied on to make a difference. 

I'm actually a little annoyed with Naismith for doing that. Denholm had no business starting today and we've thrown 3 points away because we had absolutely no meaningful link up between our midfield and attack. 

Pollock once he’s fit and if managed properly will be a game changer at Hearts.The lad should be going all the way to the top.Hope we get 2,3 or 4 years from him first.

10 minutes ago, Bunny Munro said:

Clark 5

Atkinson 3

Sibbick 4

Rowles 4

Kingsley 5

Denholm 3

Cochrane 3

Beni 5

Shanks 3

Vargas 6

Forrest 5

Grant 4

Oda 4

Sibbick get a 4 , really

hearts00
1 minute ago, stevie said:

Sibbick get a 4 , really

What are you thinking lower?

Not many get pass marks tbh.

Got to mark Naismith down this week.

Team selection was poor, smacked of a manager getting a little to clever and over thinking things a little.

Denholm was hooked at half time the last time we played County.He's never going to be good enough at this level, add the fact that he plays Cochrane in there made it a tough ask for  Beni.

The international break comes at a good time for us, regroup and get a couple of players back ,we simply can't afford to lose to Kille,a draws ok but def  can't be losing. 

Heartbeat
1 hour ago, lmc1 said:

No one was great today but my god Atkinson and Denholm 🙈 so poor and no quality. Gordon should also be playing. 

His lack of making the right decision in the Gordon v Clark situation will cost him and is costing us, every time ZC loses a goal I find myself saying that Craig would have saved that , he certainly would save a lot. If you add up Zanders mistakes it’s cost us a lot of points, it’s a no brainer . His pet project in Denholm has failed too , I just don’t see anything in him for this level 

Robbo-Jambo
32 minutes ago, Heartbeat said:

His lack of making the right decision in the Gordon v Clark situation will cost him and is costing us, every time ZC loses a goal I find myself saying that Craig would have saved that , he certainly would save a lot. If you add up Zanders mistakes it’s cost us a lot of points, it’s a no brainer . His pet project in Denholm has failed too , I just don’t see anything in him for this level 

Good post.

Get CG back in ASAP and get Denholm out on loan.

Several under-performers today. Sibbick getting deserved pelters for switching off, but I thought Rowles had an especially weak game. Back to his clumsy worst and totally owned by opposition forwards with a modicum of brawn.

19/05/2012
4 minutes ago, RoiK said:

Several under-performers today. Sibbick getting deserved pelters for switching off, but I thought Rowles had an especially weak game. Back to his clumsy worst and totally owned by opposition forwards with a modicum of brawn.

Kent makes Rowles look competent he really misses having someone to win headers beside him 

3 hours ago, Jamboross said:

I really feel for Toby. He was excellent against Celtic two weeks ago and started really well today (and continued to do fairly well after the brain fart) but his good moments are always overshadowed in supporters minds by his occasional costly lapses in concentration. 

Unfortunately, Sibbick's regular errors usually end up in goals and a loss of points.

He just never seems to learn.

3 hours ago, Tommy Brown said:

I think SN has no place for Devlin, who undoes any good work with poor passing.

At least he has attributes. Some very good ones too. Denholm has nothing. Zero. How on earth he is actually starting matches for Heart of Midlothian is mind boggling.

Nelly Terraces

Naismith - 0.

Dreadful team selection.

Woeful formation.

Complete failure to learn from previous mistakes.

Utter lack of managerial ability to motivate a team of out snails pace football.

JamboAl
2 hours ago, stevie said:

Pollock once he’s fit and if managed properly will be a game changer at Hearts.The lad should be going all the way to the top.Hope we get 2,3 or 4 years from him first.

How should this happen?

4 hours ago, Homme said:

Would need to see it again but I'm sure Murray comes in from wide. He's behind Cochrane who has absolutely no awareness about him

Great angle for that second goal.   Murray allowed to drift into the box all the way from the touchline.   Cochrane and Rowles unaware, casual defending, Rowles slips comically.   Both at fault.   Really poor defending. 

5 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Clark - 5 - Weak effort at the crucial first goal. Not helped by shaky defending in front

Atkinson - 4 - Was ok going forward but was sloppy in possession on a number of crucial occasions

Kingsley - 7 - It feels very harsh not to credit him on the free kick that doesn't count

Sibbick - 5 - Was excellent up until the jersey selling moment

Rowles - 6 - Moved all over the place at the back. Ok

Baningime - 6 - Did a ton of dirty work

Vargas - 7 - MoM. So unlucky not to score in the little service he was given

Denholm - 5 - Lots of effort but little ability

Shankland - 5 - Should have had a penalty and didn't need to be a smart arse at Kingsley's free kick but was poor

Forrest - 6 - Lots of endeavour and decent shooting but his passing and crossing was terrible

Cochrane - 5 - Mediocre

Subs:

Lembikisa - 5 - Marginal improvement on Atkinson

Grant - 4 - Manages to look busy doing nothing

Oda - 6 - Cracking finish

Grant was very good when he came on.

Lembikisa was a big improvement on Atkinson.

Thought Devlin should have come on for Beni for the last 20.

6 hours ago, feedthefox said:

Riddle me this.

How does Denholm start over Tait? 

Denholm will not make the grade at Hearts. I'm certain of it sadly.

5 hours ago, Homme said:

Would need to see it again but I'm sure Murray comes in from wide. He's behind Cochrane who has absolutely no awareness about him

This is why I'll be amazed if we get a chunky offer for Cochrane. Just not learning lessons. 

The Mercer Takeover

Clark 5 -Time for Gordon to get the jersey 

Atkinson 3 - Not his day

Sibbick 4 - If you were to leave aside his blunder for the goal, he was pretty good. Unfortunately you can't leave this out, as he is prone to this

Rowles 6 - Generally good game

Kingsley 7 - Strong defensively and unlucky with the free kick he scored

Denholm 2 - Just dreadful. Lots of running

Cochrane 5 - So so

Beni 6 - Caught in possession a few times but generally good

Shanks 3 - Not his best

Vargas 6 - Intermittent threat

Forrest 5 - Lots of running, with very little end product

Subs

Grant 1 - Dreadful

Oda 4 - Looked sharp

pettigrewsstylist
3 hours ago, RoiK said:

Rowles was terrible today. Kingsley held that defence together.

colinmaroon
6 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Clark - 5 - Weak effort at the crucial first goal. Not helped by shaky defending in front

Atkinson - 4 - Was ok going forward but was sloppy in possession on a number of crucial occasions

Kingsley - 7 - It feels very harsh not to credit him on the free kick that doesn't count

Sibbick - 5 - Was excellent up until the jersey selling moment

Rowles - 6 - Moved all over the place at the back. Ok

Baningime - 6 - Did a ton of dirty work

Vargas - 7 - MoM. So unlucky not to score in the little service he was given

Denholm - 5 - Lots of effort but little ability

Shankland - 5 - Should have had a penalty and didn't need to be a smart arse at Kingsley's free kick but was poor

Forrest - 6 - Lots of endeavour and decent shooting but his passing and crossing was terrible

Cochrane - 5 - Mediocre

Subs:

Lembikisa - 5 - Marginal improvement on Atkinson

Grant - 4 - Manages to look busy doing nothing

Oda - 6 - Cracking finish

Shankland 4 - It was back to the beginning of the season for Shanks.   He was almost awful but a few moments kept it there.  Not hitting the target with some of these wold efforts and you can see him leaning back as he hit the ball, schoolboy stuff.  He wouldn't get a game in the Scotland women's team on today's performance. 

Forrest - 5 - and that's me being generous.  Has anybody explained to him that the cut back from the byline is one of the most dangerous for the defending team?  He seems to be programmed in trying to score from the byline, maybe he knows he usually misses his cross (when was his last one?) or pass?  Headless chicken and there wasn't a decent shot, all being his usual pass back along the ground.

All gas and no gaiters.  Exasperating.

Watt-Zeefuik
4 hours ago, Bob Loblaw said:

Vargas great effort bouncing out rather than in too.

Indeed, forgot that one.

18 minutes ago, Carter said:

Denholm will not make the grade at Hearts. I'm certain of it sadly.

Robbie had turned him loose and Naisy went out and brought him back iirc. Was really hoping Neilson was wrong…

21 minutes ago, Watt-Zeefuik said:

Indeed, forgot that one.

Robbie had turned him loose and Naisy went out and brought him back iirc. Was really hoping Neilson was wrong…

You almost felt the decision to award him a new contract was as much about a public endorsement of the Academy as anything else. I admire his enthusiasm but I just don't see the ability aspect. I'd say the same about Devlin. 

Pasquale for King

I thought Beni was good first half, Kingsley was unlucky,Vargas was ok, Oda did well, the rest were 5 or under. The starting 11, the tactics, formations and subs were in the main all wrong. 

Edited by Pasquale for King
Spelling

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, Carter said:

You almost felt the decision to award him a new contract was as much about a public endorsement of the Academy as anything else. I admire his enthusiasm but I just don't see the ability aspect. I'd say the same about Devlin. 

His uncle being a totally useless youth coach hired by CL and still at the club helps too 

2 minutes ago, Schevchenko said:

Our recent form has been terrible when Atkinson starts.

He's not the answer unfortunately. 

12 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

His uncle being a totally useless youth coach hired by CL and still at the club helps too 

No harm to the boy but he's nowhere near our level. 

Sibbick at the first goal is as bad as the Hibs semi final goal. Absolutely scandalous. 

PhoenixHearts

Sibbick was fine before and after the first goal. Did well with 90% of his defense, and was getting forward into good positions in attack. 

Anyone giving him less than a 5 is at it and has preconceived notions of how they'll rate him before a ball is kicked.

Preposterous emotional knee-jerk ratings such as 1 are a dead giveaway that it's a personal issue rather than an honest rating.

Similar attitudes re Grant.

9 minutes ago, PhoenixHearts said:

Sibbick was fine before and after the first goal. Did well with 90% of his defense, and was getting forward into good positions in attack. 

Anyone giving him less than a 5 is at it and has preconceived notions of how they'll rate him before a ball is kicked.

Preposterous emotional knee-jerk ratings such as 1 are a dead giveaway that it's a personal issue rather than an honest rating.

You must be at it! 😆 'Fine before and after goal'...just the bit in between that gets forgotten about then? Average game and brutal when it mattered. Always want him to do well but he doesnt bring anything. He wasn't the worst Hearts player today but never good enough for Hearts. End of.

mitch41

Now we should all know by now who Naisy can rely on and who needs to leave. There’s players that are just not good enough, there are players that work hard and produce nothing, there are players who think they’re good yet are lazy and there are a few that deserve to play in a Hearts team with good teammates around them that should bring success to their future careers as well as Hearts. Oh and by the way our loyal fans will always back the team and all they want is the Hearts Board to back Steven Naismith by helping him get the players in he needs. Yes we are 3rd and in the semi finals of the Scottish Cup but just look at the team we have just now with a manager who wants to improve us to bigger and better achievements. The club has so many great things going for its self these days the final piece of the jigsaw has to be improving the Football Team. I am right, aren’t I !

Scott Leitch
8 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

I've given him MoM twice this season but bash on.

😂 😂 😂 

soonbe110
13 hours ago, Homme said:

Cochranes fault every game. Has no awareness for where the opposition are. Just ball watches.  Has led to more than one of his red cards particularly against Celtic and was a factor in their ‘penalty’ a couple of weeks ago. 

soonbe110
7 hours ago, Carter said:

I think we are being conned by the management team. They stick academy grads in the first team squad and sit them on the bench.  No intention of giving much game time esp Tait and Pollock.  Denholm never lasts more than 55-60 mins usually 45.   Just think the management team are using the large numbers on the bench to make it look like the academy is doing well. 

colinmaroon

Further to my low score for Shanks, I hope he's not trying to bring down the price in the summer.  I remember Willie Wallace only too well. Admittedly, it was a different ball game before Bosman.

What got me yesterday was the awful technique with his over the bar efforts, leaning back instead of trying to get his head over the ball, or as near as possible.  Some good link up play but he looked a shadow of the striker he was just weeks ago.  Hope it's just a blip. 

pettigrewsstylist
9 hours ago, PhoenixHearts said:

Stop it, please.

pettigrewsstylist
2 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

I think we are being conned by the management team. They stick academy grads in the first team squad and sit them on the bench.  No intention of giving much game time esp Tait and Pollock.  Denholm never lasts more than 55-60 mins usually 45.   Just think the management team are using the large numbers on the bench to make it look like the academy is doing well. 

BIg part of the "pitch" for gig, im sure. Stats need built up to achieve KPIs. Then i watch us play Cochrane in there. and

Edited by pettigrewsstylist

Bunny Munro

Rowles is just as bad as Sibbick, if not worse. Kent has been holding Rowles' hand all season, something Sibbick hasn't had the luxury of. 

Neither are able to play in a back 4.

Gundermann
17 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

That goal was all on Oda's finish. Grant's part was minimal.

This. He made space for himself too before that sublime finish.

Gundermann
10 hours ago, colinmaroon said:

Shankland 4 - It was back to the beginning of the season for Shanks.   He was almost awful but a few moments kept it there.  Not hitting the target with some of these wold efforts and you can see him leaning back as he hit the ball, schoolboy stuff.  He wouldn't get a game in the Scotland women's team on today's performance. 

Forrest - 5 - and that's me being generous.  Has anybody explained to him that the cut back from the byline is one of the most dangerous for the defending team?  He seems to be programmed in trying to score from the byline, maybe he knows he usually misses his cross (when was his last one?) or pass?  Headless chicken and there wasn't a decent shot, all being his usual pass back along the ground.

All gas and no gaiters.  Exasperating.

Forrest had some great play. It's his final ball that pisses me off. Does loads of spadework and then shoots straight at the goalie...

colinmaroon
22 minutes ago, Gundermann said:

Forrest had some great play. It's his final ball that pisses me off. Does loads of spadework and then shoots straight at the goalie...

Yes, so what's the point of his individual skills, good as they are, if he plays in his own personal bubble.  I've lost count of how often he tries to score from the byline, and that's just one game. 

He flatters to deceive.

Edited by colinmaroon

soonbe110
15 hours ago, Heartbeat said:

Agree re keeper situation   Other than pens which are a lottery can’t think of many saves that Clark has made that I thought Gordon wouldn’t have saved as well  

However quite a few goals lost when I have thought Gordon would probably have saved that - first goal yesterday a prime example  

Needs to man up and play our best keeper until events prove that he no longer is  Could be a couple of games but hopefully it’s a couple of years  

3 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

You could well be right. There seems to be a need to emphasise the Academy is delivering. That probably comes from an uncomfortable reality of very little output in close to 10 years. 

Can't really pin that on Naismith. I do find the Denholm situation a bit perplexing when it seems pretty clear that Tait and Pollock are technically better players. I understand Naismith reluctance to play Devlin due to positional indiscipline and repeatedly giving the ball away but it's difficult to square when Denholm has the same flaws.

Robbo-Jambo
11 hours ago, Carter said:

Sibbick at the first goal is as bad as the Hibs semi final goal. Absolutely scandalous. 

Just seen it.

Absolutely embarrassing.

Gundermann
36 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Just seen it.

Absolutely embarrassing.

It is. Clark isn't blameless and it could be argued neither is Atkinson for losing the ball in midfield very cheaply but Sibbick just needs to shield it with his body and/ or hit it out. He's done this kind of thing numerous times and patently hasn't learned his lesson. Loan him to Albion Rovers.

Atkinson, once again the common denominator in a shite performance. Statistically incredibly unlikely that this is coincidence. Needs punted fast.

Fozzyonthefence
12 hours ago, Carter said:

And the Hibs 2nd goal in the 2-2 game at Tynie.  He’s a complete liability who lacks the basics at defending, but no doubt a certain poster who thinks Stendel was the Second Coming will be along to tell us that he once played in a winning team against Rangers a few years ago and we don’t understand football.  

busbyfth
18 hours ago, Deevers said:

A mystery.

wouldnt have started either of them as theyve both shown nowt - flimsy  ! Denolm being replaced early on bares this out - one of SNs few current ba11s ups