Match ratings v Ross Co

Geoff Kilpatrick

Geoff Kilpatrick

Clark - 5 - Weak effort at the crucial first goal. Not helped by shaky defending in front

Atkinson - 4 - Was ok going forward but was sloppy in possession on a number of crucial occasions

Kingsley - 7 - It feels very harsh not to credit him on the free kick that doesn't count

Sibbick - 5 - Was excellent up until the jersey selling moment

Rowles - 6 - Moved all over the place at the back. Ok

Baningime - 6 - Did a ton of dirty work

Vargas - 7 - MoM. So unlucky not to score in the little service he was given

Denholm - 5 - Lots of effort but little ability

Shankland - 5 - Should have had a penalty and didn't need to be a smart arse at Kingsley's free kick but was poor

Forrest - 6 - Lots of endeavour and decent shooting but his passing and crossing was terrible

Cochrane - 5 - Mediocre

Subs:

Lembikisa - 5 - Marginal improvement on Atkinson

Grant - 4 - Manages to look busy doing nothing

Oda - 6 - Cracking finish

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Carter

• stevie

• Homme

• Gundermann

Top Posters In This Topic

Clark 5 

Atkinson 5

Sibbick 5

Kingsley 6

Rowles 6

Vargas 6

Baningime 5

Denholm 4

Cochrane 4

Shankland 5

Forrest 5

Lembikisa 5

Oda 6

Grant 6

jamboy1982

Harsh again on grant. Looks busy doing nothing. He said up our goal. 

Just now, jamboy1982 said:

Yeah I don't get that at all. He made a difference after coming on - constantly had the head up looking to break their defence, did some dirty work and slid in Oda very well for the goal.

King prawn

I don't remember the pass being anything special? Only a superb finish from Oda.

Beni motm

Sibbick brain farts cost us as much as the referee

Denholm isn't good enough and I don't understand Cochrane in midfield.

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 minute ago, jamboy1982 said:

That goal was all on Oda's finish. Grant's part was minimal.

Not writing the lad off but what does Denholm actually bring to this team?

Persobally never stood out for me and Tait as showed more ability in less appeareces.

Uncle Buck
2 minutes ago, jamboy1982 said:

No doubt he’d made up his mind on Grant’s rating before a ball was kicked.

jamboy1982
Just now, Homme said:

Yeah I don't get that at all. He made a difference after coming on - constantly had the head up looking to break their defence, did some dirty work and slid in Oda very well for the goal.

Same guys every week give him a hard time. He does a lot of good work. Yes he’s frustrating but he looks to pass forward and keeps the high press going. 

jamboy1982
1 minute ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

That goal was all on Oda's finish. Grant's part was minimal.

You’ve just got a thing for grant. You give him poor marks every week. 

Badonde
8 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Clark - 5 - Weak effort at the crucial first goal. Not helped by shaky defending in front

Atkinson - 4 - Was ok going forward but was sloppy in possession on a number of crucial occasions

Kingsley - 7 - It feels very harsh not to credit him on the free kick that doesn't count

Shankland - 5 - Should have had a penalty and didn't need to be a smart arse at Kingsley's free kick but was poor

Forrest - 6 - Lots of endeavour and decent shooting but his passing and crossing was terrible

Cochrane - 5 - Mediocre

Subs:

The words “excellent” and “sibbick”should never be used in tne same sentence.  

Geoff Kilpatrick

You’ve just got a thing for grant. You give him poor marks every week. 

I've given him MoM twice this season but bash on.

Clark 4

Sibbick 5

Atkinson 3

Kingsley 7

Cochrane 5

Rowles 3

Denholm 3

Forrest 5

Shankland 4

Vargas 5

Beni 6

Pish match.   Whoever thought Shankland should stand in an offside position needs a word.   

I missed Sibbicks mistake but thought Clark couldve saved it.   Gordon would have.   Time for a keeper swap. 

Rowles made a mess of marking for the second goal.   

Oda 7

bobskeldon
15 minutes ago, feedthefox said:

Riddle me this.

How does Denholm start over Tait? 

Over anyone?????

Jim_Duncan

3s all round, including the manager.  

Ref -3. 

3 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

Clark 4

Sibbick 5

Atkinson 3

Kingsley 7

Cochrane 5

Rowles 3

Denholm 3

Forrest 5

Shankland 4

Vargas 5

Beni 6

Pish match.   Whoever thought Shankland should stand in an offside position needs a word.   

I missed Sibbicks mistake but thought Clark couldve saved it.   Gordon would have.   Time for a keeper swap. 

Rowles made a mess of marking for the second goal.   

Oda 7

For me the second goal is the fault of Cochrane and not Rowles.

Just now, Homme said:

For me the second goal is the fault of Cochrane and not Rowles.

Why's that. 

Jamboross
4 minutes ago, Badonde said:

The words “excellent” and “sibbick”should never be used in tne same sentence.  

I really feel for Toby. He was excellent against Celtic two weeks ago and started really well today (and continued to do fairly well after the brain fart) but his good moments are always overshadowed in supporters minds by his occasional costly lapses in concentration. 

chazza74
24 minutes ago, feedthefox said:

Riddle me this.

How does Denholm start over Tait? 

And Fraser and devlin 

Randy Marsh

Would give Denholm and Atkinson a 2.  Atkinson can't control a football and needs punted this summer.  Denholm will never be good enough for a League 2 club so **** knows why he is in the first team.  How Tait can't get a game before him is beyond me.

DG_HMFC

Manager - 0.

Shite formation and team selection.

Clark 5 

Atkinson 3

Sibbick 1

Kingsley 6

Rowles 4

Vargas 6

Baningime 5

Denholm 1

Cochrane 3

Shankland 2

Forrest 5

Lembikisa 5

Oda 6

Grant 1

jamboy1982
2 minutes ago, stevie said:

Clark 5 

Atkinson 3

Sibbick 1

Kingsley 6

Rowles 4

Vargas 6

Baningime 5

Denholm 1

Cochrane 3

Shankland 2

Forrest 5

Lembikisa 5

Oda 6

Grant 1

Why a 1 for grant? Came off the bench, won a few free kicks in dangerous positions and set up our only goal with an actual forward pass!

Can we sort out a *** Midfield please.We must have the worst midfield in the league.

Neilson -Levein - Neilson -Naismith and nothing has *** changed.Weak as shit in the middle after 6 *** years trying to sort it out.Criminal incompitance.

whodanny

Don't quite know where to post this, so thought the ratings thread would maybe be the place. Just to demonstrate the utter incompetence of the BBC, today's player of the match was... Connor Randall !!! :lol: He didnae even start !!!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68519703 

Scroll down to the bottom.

Edited by whodanny

BackOfTheNet

Didn’t see anything today, but hoping this is just one of those off days any team can have, and not a sign of thinking 3rd is wrapped up like we’ve done in the not so distant past

Nessjambo67
4 minutes ago, stevie said:

Can we sort out a *** Midfield please.We must have the worst midfield in the league.

Neilson -Levein - Neilson -Naismith and nothing has *** changed.Weak as shit in the middle after 6 *** years trying to sort it out.Criminal incompitance.

Our midfield definitely lacks that bit of creativity a good ball carrying player obviously I want it to work for denholm but I really don’t know 

21 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

Why's that. 

Would need to see it again but I'm sure Murray comes in from wide. He's behind Cochrane who has absolutely no awareness about him

Badonde
22 minutes ago, Jamboross said:

I really feel for Toby. He was excellent against Celtic two weeks ago and started really well today (and continued to do fairly well after the brain fart) but his good moments are always overshadowed in supporters minds by his occasional costly lapses in concentration. 

He’s rubbish 

We cannot keep only turning up when we're behind. I'm sick of it, its unprofessional. 

Start the game with fire, aim to go ahead and stop being so ****ing passive.. you cannot chuck 45+ minutes and expect to get the results you want. In Europe we will get ****ing diddled if we try that shit. 

Firefox
24 minutes ago, Jamboross said:

Costly is the thing! Everybody makes mistakes but they're not always costly but Toby's brain farts always seem to cost us. 

Tommy Brown
53 minutes ago, Chaps said:

Not writing the lad off but what does Denholm actually bring to this team?

Persobally never stood out for me and Tait as showed more ability in less appeareces.

I think SN has no place for Devlin, who undoes any good work with poor passing.

Jambof3tornado
26 minutes ago, stevie said:

Stop shoehorning cochrane into the team,especially in midfield,over other midfielders who cant be happy to be benched over a left back.

Watt-Zeefuik

Funny how many "what ifs" there were today.

White's unbelievable, gobsmacking miss

Toby's fine volley that the keeper did well to keep out

Shanks' card that should have been a pen

The disallowed free kick

Sibbick's brain fart

Could easily have been 3-1 County or 3-1 us.

At the end of the day, they came out of the tunnel with their hair on fire and we struggled to respond to the intensity. Some mistakes in the shape and the selection, I think, and that didn't help.

Win next week and third is effectively done.

Dick Dastardly

Forrest, Vargas and Grant the only ones with pass marks. Everyone else was pish 

Jamboross
21 minutes ago, Badonde said:

He’s rubbish 

He quite obviously isn't though. He's played 50-60 odd games in the English Championship, had good performances against Chelsea, Celtic and others. He's a decent enough defender at our level and his athleticism and ability on the ball is really quite good. I'm not excusing his cock ups, concentration/focus has always been an issue for him and he needs to find a way to fix that but some of the criticism is way over the top. 

No one was great today but my god Atkinson and Denholm 🙈 so poor and no quality. Gordon should also be playing. 

Jamb04life
1 hour ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Cochrane - 5 - Mediocre

Subs:

Can’t see too much wrong with this. Thought Oda looked sharp when he came on and took his goal well 

Naismith got the midfield badly wrong today. Cochrane is a good player but I think he’s been off the pace for the past couple of weeks so shouldn’t be shoehorning him into the team. Denholm; still young but Tait deserves a start over him. 

Another issue that needs sorted is our corners; absolutely honking and never looked like scoring. We need to try something different than just aimlessly sticking the ball into the box, especially against a team who were pretty decent in the air 

17 minutes ago, Watt-Zeefuik said:

Funny how many "what ifs" there were today.

White's unbelievable, gobsmacking miss

Toby's fine volley that the keeper did well to keep out

Shanks' card that should have been a pen

The disallowed free kick

Sibbick's brain fart

Could easily have been 3-1 County or 3-1 us.

At the end of the day, they came out of the tunnel with their hair on fire and we struggled to respond to the intensity. Some mistakes in the shape and the selection, I think, and that didn't help.

Win next week and third is effectively done.

Problem for me here is that this isn't the first time we've suffered from that lack of intensity - TBH its the same issue as under Robbie, where the players aren't starting games properly. 

It suggests the problem isn't the manager but the personel. I think Naismith got his selection wrong - Grant should have started ahead of Denholm, but there isn't much intensity about the team and our attacks don't look very well drilled. Forrest just sticks his head down and drives until he loses the ball. 

I'm looking forward to seeing some changes over the summer. We cannot afford to be a 45 minute team or the team that starts nigh on every game 2nd best. 

jamboozy
38 minutes ago, OTT said:

We cannot keep only turning up when we're behind. I'm sick of it, its unprofessional. 

Start the game with fire, aim to go ahead and stop being so ****ing passive.. you cannot chuck 45+ minutes and expect to get the results you want. In Europe we will get ****ing diddled if we try that shit. 

Yup, in Europe, if we come wandering in to start work 45 minutes late? We are going to get our arses handed to us on a tray at the end of the game.

In fact, this is exactly what I expect will happen in the SF if we don’t buck ourselves up.

We’re doing okay,imagine if we had an actual midfield.Pollock will make a huge difference

when he’s fir but Denholm isn’t good enough = get rid.

Tait should be starting.

47 minutes ago, Badonde said:

He’s rubbish 

Look in the mirror

4 minutes ago, stevie said:

We’re doing okay,imagine if we had an actual midfield.Pollock will make a huge difference

when he’s fir but Denholm isn’t good enough = get rid.

Tait should be starting.

We had 2 attacking midfielders on the bench - Fraser & Grant. 

Tait is a holding mid, Denholm looks a bit of an allrounder and Pollock hasn't played enough to be talked about in terms that he could be relied on to make a difference. 

I'm actually a little annoyed with Naismith for doing that. Denholm had no business starting today and we've thrown 3 points away because we had absolutely no meaningful link up between our midfield and attack. 

LeylandJambo

Your being a bit harsh on Clark for the first goal he made a decent save at first it's not his fault Sibbick switches off.

Arthur Morgan

Yep, we only play well for one half it seems. It's been the case for most of the season, which is worrying. I'm going to say it, but has Shankland been carrying us? I dare to think where we would be without his goals. Probably bottom 6.

GinRummy
1 minute ago, OTT said:

We had 2 attacking midfielders on the bench - Fraser & Grant. 

Tait is a holding mid, Denholm looks a bit of an allrounder and Pollock hasn't played enough to be talked about in terms that he could be relied on to make a difference. 

I'm actually a little annoyed with Naismith for doing that. Denholm had no business starting today and we've thrown 3 points away because we had absolutely no meaningful link up between our midfield and attack. 

We’ve often had no meaningful link up play even when our best midfielders have played. Not to detract from your point about todays shitshow in midfield. 

Jambof3tornado
17 minutes ago, lmc1 said:

No one was great today but my god Atkinson and Denholm 🙈 so poor and no quality. Gordon should also be playing. 

Correct about Gordon. He is the best keeper we have and should be starting.

ShedBoy
1 hour ago, Jim_Duncan said:

3s all round, including the manager.  

Ref -3. 

Agree 💯

Maybe -3 Atkinson too tho

Edited by ShedBoy