Neutral Hampden.

Richard Dawkins

Richard Dawkins

Can't wait for our game at a neutral venue against the zombie bigots: only for us to sit in the away end. 

However, I don't know the answer to this. Does anyone know if the bigot brothers get allocated the same changing room at Hampen every visit?

Edited by Richard Dawkins

Mikey1874
4 minutes ago, Richard Dawkins said:

Can't wait for our game at a neutral venue against the zombie bigots: only for us to sit in the away end. 

However, I don't know the answer to this. Does anyone know if the bigot brothers get allocated the same changing room at Hampen every visit?

Changing rooms go by the draw.

First team drawn is in home dressing room. 

Richard Dawkins
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Thanks mate. I suggest that should be the arrangement when allocating the seating areas. 

Edited by Richard Dawkins

They need time to switch the portrait of the Pope with the one of the King depending on the draw 

John Findlay
29 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

No they don't. As you look at the pitch from the tunnel, Sevco will get the dressing room on the left, us the one on the right.

I will repeat as nauseum, when it comes to playing one of the arse cheeks at Hampden, the last thing Hampden is, is a neutral venue.

Hmfc1965
48 minutes ago, Richard Dawkins said:

In what way is it the away end?

Big Moysey

We were shown round last week. Away teams always get East Dressing room, home team and obviously Scotland, West dressing room EXCEPT Rangers whether home or away drawn team, get West dressing room and Celtic whether home or away drawn, the East dressing room.

Just another example of 'shitplicity' SFA.

OmiyaHearts

I'm sure this has a huge impact on our performances against the old firm at Hampden.

If only we had the opposite changing room in the league cup semi final v rangers, the result could have been so different.

Edited by OmiyaHearts

Luckies1874
7 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

I'm sure this has a huge impact on our performances against the old firm at Hampden.

If only we had the opposite changing room in the league cup semi final v rangers, the result could have been so different.

:rofl:

I sense some sarcasm in your tone.

jamboozy

Hampdump is anything but neutral. We need a purpose built stadium, maybe Stirling or somewhere like that, then, just maybe, we can have a truly neutral arena.

Spellczech

Even heard the presenter guy on Radio Clyde say that he'd like Hampden to do away with the talk of "Rangers end" and "Celtic end"...it's wrong that the SFA have this. Simply wrong.

boag1874
1 hour ago, Hmfc1965 said:

In what way is it the away end?

It isn’t 

gnasher75
1 hour ago, Big Moysey said:

We were shown round last week. Away teams always get East Dressing room, home team and obviously Scotland, West dressing room EXCEPT Rangers whether home or away drawn team, get West dressing room and Celtic whether home or away drawn, the East dressing room.

Just another example of 'shitplicity' SFA.

It is time for this to be done away with. The team drawn first should get West dressing room and West stand. The team drawn second should get the East. Only time when this should be reversed is when Celtic are drawn first against Rangers.

Ex member of the SaS
1 hour ago, jamboozy said:

Hampdump is anything but neutral. We need a purpose built stadium, maybe Stirling or somewhere like that, then, just maybe, we can have a truly neutral arena.

Been saying this for years, A purpose built stadium with proper gradients so the fans near the pitch can see the game. Last time I was there we were seated level with the top of the goal posts and were something like 10 rows back( can't remember the exact row ). Offices for the GFA and get them out of Glasgow and the west coast mind set.

A stadium near Stirling would mean most fans have similar travel distances With Aberdeen /Ross co having the maximum distance.

Watt-Zeefuik
1 minute ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Been saying this for years, A purpose built stadium with proper gradients so the fans near the pitch can see the game. Last time I was there we were seated level with the top of the goal posts and were something like 10 rows back( can't remember the exact row ). Offices for the GFA and get them out of Glasgow and the west coast mind set.

A stadium near Stirling would mean most fans have similar travel distances With Aberdeen /Ross co having the maximum distance.

Nah, just convert 2/3 of the stadium back to permanent safe standing and up the capacity to 75k if not more.

There is absolutely no need for three 50k+ all-seater stadiums in Glasgow. None. Nor is there a need for one near Stirling that will almost never be used and which would overwhelm the local infrastructure every time it was full.

11 minutes ago, gnasher75 said:

It is time for this to be done away with. The team drawn first should get West dressing room and West stand. The team drawn second should get the East. Only time when this should be reversed is when Celtic are drawn first against Rangers.

Why?

gnasher75
19 minutes ago, cazzyy said:

Why?

Because Rangers and Celtic will always want their traditional ends and the police will insist on it anyway. Since it is what both clubs want and no else cares, let them crack on.

2 hours ago, gnasher75 said:

Because Rangers and Celtic will always want their traditional ends and the police will insist on it anyway. Since it is what both clubs want and no else cares, let them crack on.

Sorry but you can't or at least shouldn't have different rules for different clubs, that's what this whole thread is about

Edited by cazzyy

frankblack
3 hours ago, Spellczech said:

Even heard the presenter guy on Radio Clyde say that he'd like Hampden to do away with the talk of "Rangers end" and "Celtic end"...it's wrong that the SFA have this. Simply wrong.

Correct.  Especially since Rangers got liquidated in 2012 so no longer exist.  Any legal or financial ties they had to that end died when they folded.

Seaside Dave

Aye give us mt Florida end and get it sorted now 

gnasher75
3 hours ago, cazzyy said:

Sorry but you can't or at least shouldn't have different rules for different clubs, that's what this whole thread is about

What I am suggesting fixing the unfairness when any other team is playing either Rangers or Celtic.

It really doesn't matter if they agree that they will use their traditional ends when they place each other.

Hearts and Hibs could agree the same if we wanted. 

In England, does Wembley have specific ends for the London clubs? 

No? Oh, so its a load of shite and a clear example of institutional bias. 

Shooter McGavin

It’s a symmetrical stadium, with symmetrical changing rooms ffs

Makes absolutely zero difference :rofl:

Bull's-eye

It is a nonsense.

More so if you've walked to Hampden from the West and noticed the hundreds of buses parked up. It would interesting to see the amount of supporters that actually come from the West to support The Rangers at Semis/Finals etc.

been here before

Ken the best thing about this thread?

The fact its discussing so many things that arent being discussed on about 13 other threads.

Would absolutely read again.

Philfigo
1 hour ago, Shooter McGavin said:

It’s a symmetrical stadium, with symmetrical changing rooms ffs

Makes absolutely zero difference :rofl:

Done the Hampden tour last month both changing rooms are shite but the home one in the west is more modern the east is like walking back to the 90s with champagne marks all ove the ceilings. Also tour guide said the Celtic belevie the water in the east changing room is blessed in years gone by.

1 minute ago, Philfigo said:

Done the Hampden tour last month both changing rooms are shite but the home one in the west is more modern the east is like walking back to the 90s with champagne marks all ove the ceilings. Also tour guide said the Celtic belevie the water in the east changing room is blessed in years gone by.

🤷🏿‍♂️

I’ve read this post thrice.

I’m no further ahead.

Philfigo
7 hours ago, Watt-Zeefuik said:

Nah, just convert 2/3 of the stadium back to permanent safe standing and up the capacity to 75k if not more.

There is absolutely no need for three 50k+ all-seater stadiums in Glasgow. None. Nor is there a need for one near Stirling that will almost never be used and which would overwhelm the local infrastructure every time it was full.

Hampden would easy to convert back to terraces as all the revamp done was put a concrete screed over existing terrace and put seats in. Rip seats out barriers back up and it's back to old Hampden apart from the south stand that did get big changes.

Philfigo
1 minute ago, Morgan said:

🤷🏿‍♂️

I’ve read this post thrice.

I’m no further ahead.

What don't you understand about I done the Hampden tour last month both changing rooms are shite but the home one in the west is more modern the east is like walking back to the 90s with champagne marks all ove the ceilings. Also tour guide said the Celtic belevie the water in the east changing room is blessed in years gone by. Home meaning Scotland which is the west changing room

1 minute ago, Philfigo said:

What don't you understand about I done the Hampden tour last month both changing rooms are shite but the home one in the west is more modern the east is like walking back to the 90s with champagne marks all ove the ceilings. Also tour guide said the Celtic belevie the water in the east changing room is blessed in years gone by. Home meaning Scotland which is the west changing room

Forget it.

You're correct.

It’s all clear now.  👍

Bull's-eye
2 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Forget it.

You're correct.

It’s all clear now.  👍

Well, i belevie him.

Philfigo
12 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Forget it.

You're correct.

It’s all clear now.  👍

Do the Hampden tour and you still won't be any further forward lol as it was totally Rangers/Celtic orientated. Aye grammar etc is terrible but to be honest I am not fussy it's a fans forum lol. 

There is nothing neutral about Hampden when one of the arse cheeks are in town. It’s all about accommodating and keeping them happy.

End of story.

JDK2020
10 hours ago, OmiyaHearts said:

😁

Pasquale for King

Crap stadium in a dump thats a nightmare to get away from, dread going there. 

5 hours ago, gnasher75 said:

What I am suggesting fixing the unfairness when any other team is playing either Rangers or Celtic.

It really doesn't matter if they agree that they will use their traditional ends when they place each other.

Hearts and Hibs could agree the same if we wanted. 

So should we get "our end" against Motherwell or St Mirren? What if Hibs decide they want "our end"?

It's a nonsense, it should be neutral.

Hampden is hardly Neutral when either of the old firm are playing someone else. 
1. It is their home city.

2. Their supporters always get the same end.

leginten

The history of Scottish football would be entirely different if we had a national stadium that was truly a neutral venue, i.e. not situated close to and more or less equidistant from Ibrox and Parkhead, without ends commonly referred to as the Rangers and Celtic ends, without numerical superiority in terms of spectators at semi-finals and sometimes finals, and without the near certainty of OF house referees being appointed to officiate every time.

Success breeds success, and the current arrangements for national cup competitions do just about everything it’s possible to do to ensure continuing OF success.

See this new Stirling super stadium... who's paying for it and all the major infrastructure changes that would be needed to get it off the ground?

Hampden's shite, I'm not arguing against that, but it's right next to a couple of railway stations and a motorway. It takes ages to get in and out of because it's busy.

JDK2020

I guess the traditional "ends" date back to the times of 100,000+ fans attending semis and finals and it was probably thought easier by the authorities and the police to keep the 2 warring tribes apart, with the other clubs going  along with that, and having agreed that was the preferred approach (of the authorities), to direct them to the ends they became accustomed to for the purposes of transport and pedestrians and for familiar pubs etc pre-match. 

It would be fairer all round if a national stadium was built somewhere centrally with efficient transport links, not just for football, but other sports if necessary, and music gigs. However, despite all the huff and puff about such a set-up for decades it isn't about to happen any time soon. FFS, for a country with a renowned history of shipbuilding we can't even build a couple of ferries.

Needs to end but it won’t, its also strange the we get the Mt Florida end when not playing against Rangers at Hampden ???  

been here before
43 minutes ago, fila said:

Needs to end but it won’t, its also strange the we get the Mt Florida end when not playing against Rangers at Hampden ???  

Not really, its been explained why on countless threads every single time we get to Hampden.

PortyBeach
16 hours ago, leginten said:

The history of Scottish football would be entirely different if we had a national stadium that was truly a neutral venue, i.e. not situated close to and more or less equidistant from Ibrox and Parkhead, without ends commonly referred to as the Rangers and Celtic ends, without numerical superiority in terms of spectators at semi-finals and sometimes finals, and without the near certainty of OF house referees being appointed to officiate every time.

Success breeds success, and the current arrangements for national cup competitions do just about everything it’s possible to do to ensure continuing OF success.

Sums up the whole sorry story very well…

AC Mallin_51

Always makes me laugh at the disbelief they have when a team asks for 50/50 ticket split. It doesn’t matter how many season ticket holders they have or how many of their fans miss out the game is supposed to be NEUTRAL, therefore has to be as fairly balanced as possible so if the other team could possibly take as many fans then they deserve the chance to do so. We already need to travel through to Glasgow to a ground that has designated ends for 2 teams. It actually will never stop being ridiculous no matter how many times you say it 

Edited by AC Mallin_51

On 16/03/2024 at 22:42, Morgan said:

Forget it.

You're correct.

It’s all clear now.  👍

47 minutes ago, been here before said:

Not really, its been explained why on countless threads every single time we get to Hampden.

I must have missed those posts, can you do a quick summary?

I can't think of a single reason why we should get that end over Hibs.

been here before
2 minutes ago, cazzyy said:

I must have missed those posts, can you do a quick summary?

I can't think of a single reason why we should get that end over Hibs.

Have a search.

Just now, been here before said:

Have a search.

Tried, can't find anything.

It really would be quicker and easier for you to do a quick summary to support your point.

been here before
4 minutes ago, cazzyy said:

Tried, can't find anything.

It really would be quicker and easier for you to do a quick summary to support your point.

Im not interested in doing "a quick summary to support my point".

Its there, if you cant be arsed looking for it properly then why should I care?