Rangers given green light to sell Alcohol

richardhateshibs

Toxteth O'Grady
On 16/03/2024 at 10:13, JudyJudyJudy said:

If you can’t do 90 minutes without a drink you have a problem .

This is the correct answer.

Ditto if you can’t go 45mins without walking in front of everyone to go for a  pee.

dannymack

We done Rangers for getting the go-ahead for this, im positive this venture will be a success for the future. 

Fans gathering in a close proximity of the ground spending an obscene amount of cash can only be a good thing. 

For Hearts to follow suit we've not really got the same fan base and I maybe wrong here with this opinion, the same drinking culture as them. 

Despite Dalry and Gorgie having more watering holes than Govan if Hearts were to emulate the "drinking tent" idea, where woukd they have it ? Can only think of the grass pitch where the old Distillery Bonds stood. 

dannymack
On 16/03/2024 at 07:34, 1971fozzy said:

Jesus Christ 🤣🤣

just as well they never went through in Europe. Can imagine it would have made their manchester escapade  look like a tea party.

There is no way alcohol should be anywhere near that mob. 

Same can be said about the Hearts support when abroad in huge numbers however I've only witnessed a few bouts of violence in my time but I've witnessed a fair few sorry states that begs the question why ? 

Pans Jambo
2 hours ago, gordon simpson said:

hire umbrellas and heated jackets ?

You can hire modern heated marquees these days. They do it at the F1, the horse racing, festivals, weddings and many other events. 

Or convert the undercroft of the Wheatfield into a massive fans bar. 

If I said to you 5 years ago “how about a hotel in the main stand’ you would

probably think I was mental. 

Pans Jambo
1 hour ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

Ditto if you can’t go 45mins without walking in front of everyone to go for a  pee.

Well youre not in your 50’s/60’s then 😂

Wee Mikey
15 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

Well youre not in your 50’s/60’s then 😂

Speak for yourself. Lol.

My 64 years old bladder is in fine shape. Years & years of training, mind you.

Pans Jambo
28 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

Speak for yourself. Lol.

My 64 years old bladder is in fine shape. Years & years of training, mind you.

Your lucky. The only night I sleep all the way through is when I'm pished :lol:

Gundermann
On 16/03/2024 at 09:13, PortyBeach said:

They’re nice people really, honest guv…🤣

IMG_1255.webp

IMG_0715.jpeg

IMG_0593.jpeg

IMG_0069.webp

😄

I'm sure the Hunettes will handle their G&Ts though.

rangersgeorgesq3.thumb.jpg.a71474cc32bd35017fc27194640c4a5a.jpg

Wee Mikey
24 minutes ago, Gundermann said:

😄

The only thing missing there is a cauldron.

Screenshot_20240319_142401_Google.jpg

Americana

Never understand what the big deal is about having alcohol at the football, if youre going to have a drink at the game you will more than likely be in whatever state by the time you get to the ground, a couple of plastic pints isnt going to make you any more of liability. 

PortyBeach
2 hours ago, Gundermann said:

😄

Classy, eh? 🙄🤦‍♂️

Deodato
On 16/03/2024 at 07:19, richardhateshibs said:

Hearts should 100% now be looking to get this agreed and in place. Use the plaza on matchdays, pop up bar(s) and decent food outlets. 

Would be popular and a money maker for the club.

I hear Rangers will not tolerate green bottles. Likes. 

PortyBeach
2 hours ago, Deodato said:

I hear Rangers will not tolerate green bottles. Likes. 

Only as missiles…

dannymack
On 18/03/2024 at 20:11, dannymack said:

We done Rangers for getting the go-ahead for this, im positive this venture will be a success for the future. 

Fans gathering in a close proximity of the ground spending an obscene amount of cash can only be a good thing. 

For Hearts to follow suit we've not really got the same fan base and I maybe wrong here with this opinion, the same drinking culture as them. 

Despite Dalry and Gorgie having more watering holes than Govan if Hearts were to emulate the "drinking tent" idea, where woukd they have it ? Can only think of the grass pitch where the old Distillery Bonds stood. 

Well done Rangers not 'We done Rangers'

Doctor FinnBarr

Bear in mind (pun intended) they were one half of the problem that got drink banned in the first place.

dannymack
2 hours ago, Doctor FinnBarr said:

Bear in mind (pun intended) they were one half of the problem that got drink banned in the first place.

Agreed but at the time football hooliganism was rife amongst most fans who were intoxicated with alcohol, Hearts fans despite the very low numbers in comparison to Rangers were certainly no angels in previous seasons but it has to be said I can't remember large scale violence at Hearts games around 1980. 

the posh bit
11 hours ago, dannymack said:

I can't remember large scale violence at Hearts games around 1980. 

Seriously? 

11 hours ago, dannymack said:

Agreed but at the time football hooliganism was rife amongst most fans who were intoxicated with alcohol, Hearts fans despite the very low numbers in comparison to Rangers were certainly no angels in previous seasons but it has to be said I can't remember large scale violence at Hearts games around 1980. 

You're obviously joking? 

Dalstonjambo

If only Hearts had somewhere in close proximity to the ground (maybe even in it) where circa 200 fans could gather and spend cash eh. Maybe we could even name it after something to do with the club? Maybe the year we were formed? Something like that. 

Lovecraft
On 19/03/2024 at 14:01, Gundermann said:

😄

There wasn't even a game on when that was taken.

That was 1.30pm on a Monday.

Seymour M Hersh

I wonder if they'll dye the lager green for the game nearest paddy's day?

2 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

They celebrate paddy's day in the north as well. 

Yip. It's a myth that it's only celebrated by a certain demographic. 

dannymack
13 hours ago, Dalstonjambo said:

If only Hearts had somewhere in close proximity to the ground (maybe even in it) where circa 200 fans could gather and spend cash eh. Maybe we could even name it after something to do with the club? Maybe the year we were formed? Something like that. 

Could call it The 150*  Bar or tent or canopy or gazebo. 

* not the capacity 

dannymack
On 20/03/2024 at 02:12, dannymack said:

13 hours ago, the posh bit said:

Seriously? 

13 hours ago, Sir PH said:

You're obviously joking? 

Stand by my statement, at the point of the cup final of 1980 Hearts had won the First Dividion, the fans were pretty jovial at the prospect of going up,  I can't remember any large scale violence inside any of the stadiums we played at that season, even season 1980-81. 

When I state large scale violence I'm relating to the 1980 Cup Final. 

the posh bit
5 hours ago, dannymack said:

When I state large scale violence I'm relating to the 1980 Cup Final. 

What are you using as a metric to measure what 'large scale' would mean? If you want to use the ratio of the number of people on the pitch at Hampden causing trouble against the overall attendance of the 1980 Cup Final then, trust me, there was plenty 'large scale'  violence at Hearts matches around that time. 

dannymack
1 hour ago, the posh bit said:

What are you using as a metric to measure what 'large scale' would mean? If you want to use the ratio of the number of people on the pitch at Hampden causing trouble against the overall attendance of the 1980 Cup Final then, trust me, there was plenty 'large scale'  violence at Hearts matches around that time. 

We'll need to agree to disagree, I still maintain within that period either side of May 1980 there was no large scale disorder at Hearts games, definitely a lull period after May 1979 and before 1982. 

Any pavement dancing, missile throwing and mob movement outside the ground doesn't count. 

Edited by dannymack

Deodato
13 hours ago, dannymack said:

We'll need to agree to disagree, I still maintain within that period either side of May 1980 there was no large scale disorder at Hearts games, definitely a lull period after May 1979 and before 1982. 

Any pavement dancing, missile throwing and mob movement outside the ground doesn't count. 

This has to count. It's well radge.