Rangers given green light to sell Alcohol

richardhateshibs

richardhateshibs

Hearts should 100% now be looking to get this agreed and in place. Use the plaza on matchdays, pop up bar(s) and decent food outlets. 

Would be popular and a money maker for the club.

manaliveits105

Well deserved due to their fans exemplary behaviour :leveinproblem: big party tents what could go wrong 

1971fozzy

Jesus Christ 🤣🤣

just as well they never went through in Europe. Can imagine it would have made their manchester escapade  look like a tea party.

There is no way alcohol should be anywhere near that mob. 

ShedBoy

Will be canned at the first hint of bother. I’d give it till May. Mutant *******s

Daktari

It's not in the stadium though, and in reality is just an extended hospitality. In a tent.  Still no alcohol inside the ground, so really this is a bit of clickbait and no real change.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/12295097/rangers-celtic-alcohol-fans-big-marquee-old-firm-licence/?utm_medium=Social&utm_campaign=scottishsunfootballfacebook&utm_source=Facebook&fbclid=IwAR3KQ2pXFrvaCkpYFeC4dEyJAxdhhHRAzuYQrMjFJDhxSJMc_TrsIv2xtOI#Echobox=1710527141

Alex MacDonald

Given a green light? There’ll be riots until they change the bulb to an orange one.

AlimOzturk

I am actually suprised no Scottish club have challenged the alcohol ban in place in Scottish football. Surely there must be some sort of unfairness that it is allowed in other sporting events in Scotland, and a sporting advantage given to clubs in England where they can sell It making bigger profits?

Keep it away from derby games and old

firm matches, but surely the smaller games involving the likes of killie, Ross county and things involves very little risk?

ShedBoy

Said it for ages. Big marquee on that pitch behind the Wheatfield. Some blow heaters, decent pre match tunes and bottom filled pints, 4 seconds to pour. Licence to print money. 

WageThief
10 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

I am actually suprised no Scottish club have challenged the alcohol ban in place in Scottish football. Surely there must be some sort of unfairness that it is allowed in other sporting events in Scotland, and a sporting advantage given to clubs in England where they can sell It making bigger profits?

Keep it away from derby games and old

firm matches, but surely the smaller games involving the likes of killie, Ross county and things involves very little risk?

It involves more risk than reward imo.  It's probably more profitable to mark up water.  From my own pov it's a bit pointless.  A shite overpriced beer you cannot take to your seat so you need to leave the pub sooner to get one.  

kingantti1874

It’s the most counterproductive law imaginable. The alcohol ban just means people drink to excess before and after the game.  

allow 2 pints / drinks per season ticket or adult over 18’s ticket.  Easy peasy, safer and more income for clubs 

PortyBeach
1 hour ago, 1971fozzy said:

Jesus Christ 🤣🤣

just as well they never went through in Europe. Can imagine it would have made their manchester escapade  look like a tea party.

There is no way alcohol should be anywhere near that mob. 

They’re nice people really, honest guv…🤣

IMG_1255.webp

IMG_0715.jpeg

IMG_0593.jpeg

IMG_0069.webp

Bazzas right boot
54 minutes ago, PortyBeach said:

IMG_1255.webp

IMG_0715.jpeg

IMG_0593.jpeg

IMG_0069.webp

Looks like a great Halloween party. 

JudyJudyJudy

If you can’t do 90 minutes without a drink you have a problem .

davemclaren
14 minutes ago, Bunny Munro said:

I don't see how this is different to our fan bar?

It isn't. Building outside the actual stadium gets permission to sell alcohol. 🤷

5 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

It isn't. Building outside the actual stadium gets permission to sell alcohol. 🤷

* temporary building 😉

Was in Stamford Bridge last night. Pint pre-match and at half time 2 min walk from your seat. Brilliant. Says an awful lot about Scotland that we can't have it.

Shooter McGavin

A marquee that’s limited to serve just 200 people, first come first served.

Genuinely, what’s the point? 😂

AlimOzturk
2 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

I dunno, extra money each game?

Jambo in Bathgate
3 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

A fans bar open at full time could be a winner. At the moment I think there’s a ban until 30 mins after full time. 

Shooter McGavin
1 minute ago, AlimOzturk said:

I dunno, extra money each game?

Hardly seems worthwhile for such a small capacity. Even if each person were to buy 4 pints at £4.50 a pop, that’s only £3,600. Probably a grand at least to set it up and staff it. 

They’d make more money setting up an effigy of the pope and letting their fans chuck coins at it.

henrysmithsgloves
1 hour ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Hardly seems worthwhile for such a small capacity. Even if each person were to buy 4 pints at £4.50 a pop, that’s only £3,600. Probably a grand at least to set it up and staff it. 

They’d make more money setting up an effigy of the pope and letting their fans chuck coins at it.

£3,600😳 that's some round🧐

RedStarRiot
3 hours ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

If you can’t do 90 minutes without a drink you have a problem .

Your post comes across as quite judgemental. It’s nice to be able to have a beer in the ground and at your seat. When I go over to the states for the NFL I’ll have quite a few during the game. I can easily go 90 minutes without a beer but it’s certainly more enjoyable when I can have one. I’m not even a huge drinker these days. 

Folk either turn up late or leave early due to not being able to get one in the ground. It’s about time the law was reviewed and trials done. 

Watt-Zeefuik

Should use the same solution American stadia use to prevent overdrinking. £10/pint.

busbyfth
5 hours ago, ShedBoy said:

Said it for ages. Big marquee on that pitch behind the Wheatfield. Some blow heaters, decent pre match tunes and bottom filled pints, 4 seconds to pour. Licence to print money. 

You dont think that the distillery might have something negative  to say about that as they own the pitch ? (mind you the company has very strong ties with Hearts and both entities have worked hand in hand on a number of ventures) 

millerjames398
6 hours ago, ShedBoy said:

My mates uncle organized big tents for Falkirk at the old brockville, put them up on the old astro turf at the back of the main stand..got budvar involved, helped make the club a small fortune when they were on their arse..so hopefully something similar could be done on our bit of spare ground👍🏼🇱🇻

JudyJudyJudy
2 hours ago, RedStarRiot said:

Your post comes across as quite judgemental. It’s nice to be able to have a beer in the ground and at your seat. When I go over to the states for the NFL I’ll have quite a few during the game. I can easily go 90 minutes without a beer but it’s certainly more enjoyable when I can have one. I’m not even a huge drinker these days. 

Folk either turn up late or leave early due to not being able to get one in the ground. It’s about time the law was reviewed and trials done. 

Fair enough . It just doesn’t interest me . 

jbee647
4 hours ago, Watt-Zeefuik said:

Should use the same solution American stadia use to prevent overdrinking. £10/pint.

Good idea

if people are that desperate for a drink they will pay it 

win win

Smithian

My tinpot MLS club sell beer and it is fine. If the lads at Audi can keep it together, I bet the people at Tynecastle can as well.

Edited by Smithian

7 hours ago, Neon said:

Not even a real pint, 473 ml to a UK pint of 568 ml the average Super Bowl fan is expected to spend about $43 on food and drinks, Hot Dogs around $13.

Perhaps, but they're probably eating something like this:

1 Huge 10kg Burger For Me And 1 Small One For My Beloved Daughter - YouTube

If carlsberg did rivals...
On 16/03/2024 at 10:49, Shooter McGavin said:

£4.50 a pint? I read on here it was over a fiver for a pint of tennants lager in the tynie arms, so probably £6/7 in the stadium at least. Or go with a premium beer and your starting at £8 a pint.

On 16/03/2024 at 09:13, PortyBeach said:

IMG_1255.webp

IMG_0715.jpeg

IMG_0593.jpeg

IMG_0069.webp

I'm not so much concerned by the litter or the boy in the klan outfit, more bothered by the lassie with different shoes on, no excuse! 

Jamhammer

Someone remind me which two teams are, essentially to blame for the ban in the first place ?

The football authorities in this country man. Dont even try to hide it anymore 😀😀

Pans Jambo
On 16/03/2024 at 09:03, ShedBoy said:

This.

A fan zone with club legends walking around for a chat/selfies etc. Get injured players to attend to chat to the kids and have the club captain do a wee speech before he goes to warm up. Penalty competitions, live music, hot food stands, T-shirt autographs, sell merch. Potential is endless. Turn up 90 mins before a game, see some club legends, couple of pints, hear from our club captain,  listen to some live music and get a club sandwich & chips. Then onto the game. Cracking day out!!!

Edited by Pans Jambo

24 minutes ago, If carlsberg did rivals... said:

I'm not so much concerned by the litter or the boy in the klan outfit, more bothered by the lassie with different shoes on, no excuse! 

And, why is she tethered to the flair?:kirk:

On 16/03/2024 at 08:29, Alex MacDonald said:

Given a green light? There’ll be riots until they change the bulb to an orange one.

😀 😂 

15 hours ago, JDK2020 said:

This won't end well.

Riots, stabbings and mutilations every other week? 

Shooter McGavin
1 hour ago, If carlsberg did rivals... said:

£4.50 a pint? I read on here it was over a fiver for a pint of tennants lager in the tynie arms, so probably £6/7 in the stadium at least. Or go with a premium beer and your starting at £8 a pint.

Aye maybe, although I’ve probably overestimated it by reckoning 200 folk will sink four pints each before a 12:30 kick-off 😂

1 hour ago, OBE said:

And, why is she tethered to the flair?:kirk:

Aye, good spot, didn't notice that, I'm guessing she's about to be shot from a giant bow!

PortyBeach
4 hours ago, If carlsberg did rivals... said:

🤣

Gordons left glove

As long as it's no sold at the old firm games given the state of some fans

gordon simpson
7 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

This.

A fan zone with club legends walking around for a chat/selfies etc. Get injured players to attend to chat to the kids and have the club captain do a wee speech before he goes to warm up. Penalty competitions, live music, hot food stands, T-shirt autographs, sell merch. Potential is endless. Turn up 90 mins before a game, see some club legends, couple of pints, hear from our club captain,  listen to some live music and get a club sandwich & chips. Then onto the game. Cracking day out!!!

hire umbrellas and heated jackets ?