Peter Haring.

Selkirkhmfc1874

1874robbo
2 hours ago, jbee647 said:

There is no way a club of Hearts stature will release a good servant of the club like Haring to go through rehab after an operation incurred while being employed by the club

I know for a fact two of the women’s team were given an extra year for this very instance

That’s what insurance is for 

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wavydavy

• been here before

• Chimp

• Felix Lighter

SMJ_1874
7 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Liked Peter Haring and thank him for his service but for the love of **** enough is enough now.  When does his contract end? Hope soon.

Still baffled at offering Boyce and Halkett new deals when they are so injury prone.

For the love of JC. Haring and Boyce both had it written into their previous contracts, when Robbie extended them, that if they played enough games that season the it triggered a clause whereby we had to offer them another one year extension when their current deals were up.

Nothing to do with Naisy but LB and PH's agents negotiated this about two years ago as rabbi wanted to keep them. Haring got enough game time due to Beni's injury.

Sick of people asking why did we offer them an extension. 

Luckies1874
2 hours ago, jbee647 said:

There is no way a club of Hearts stature will release a good servant of the club like Haring to go through rehab after an operation incurred while being employed by the club

I know for a fact two of the women’s team were given an extra year for this very instance

Sorry what?! 🤣

Haring will pay insurance which will help cover his expenses and loss of earnings. Hearts aren’t giving him another contract because he has an operation. 

The Real Maroonblood
3 hours ago, 1874robbo said:

I hope not.

we are not a charity.

Unfortunately Levein thought we were.

been here before

"Quite literally put his body on the line... sacrificed a hell of a lot... gave it all for us... given his all to us... a rock... the boy gave his all..."

Can I just check that this is a terminally injury prone fitba player were talking here and not someone whose single handedly sacrificed himself storming a machine gun nest in order to save his brothers in arms?

Edited by been here before

2 hours ago, been here before said:

"Quite literally put his body on the line... sacrificed a hell of a lot... gave it all for us... given his all to us... a rock... the boy gave his all..."

Can I just check that this is a terminally injury prone fitba player were talking here and not someone whose single handedly sacrificed himself storming a machine gun nest in order to save his brothers in arms?

All of his Hearts injury woes can pretty much be traced back to the 18/19 Scottish cup final. Lesser players would have cried off injured, and he was putting in a very solid performance up until he had to come off. 

Its typical forum chat where one person takes an extreme so therefore everyone else has to go to the other extreme..

Bad Religion
15 hours ago, SMJ_1874 said:

For the love of JC. Haring and Boyce both had it written into their previous contracts, when Robbie extended them, that if they played enough games that season the it triggered a clause whereby we had to offer them another one year extension when their current deals were up.

Nothing to do with Naisy but LB and PH's agents negotiated this about two years ago as rabbi wanted to keep them. Haring got enough game time due to Beni's injury.

Sick of people asking why did we offer them an extension. 

Boyce should never have been offered a new contract in the first place, let alone a new contract with a clause to trigger an extension 🤦🏼‍♂️

Hopefully he’s moved on in the summer. Need to free up his wage. 

Jim Panzee
8 hours ago, been here before said:

I think if you were signing players for a football club you’d potentially lose out on most deals which are 50/50.

yes we’re not a charity but player welfare is one of many tickboxes included in the wish list for players.

• 2 weeks later...
SMJ_1874
On 16/03/2024 at 07:23, Bad Religion said:

Boyce should never have been offered a new contract in the first place, let alone a new contract with a clause to trigger an extension 🤦🏼‍♂️

Totally agree with both points. Boyce had regressed since before his first injury and now 2 injuries and a whopping wage bill later, he's still not available. Haring has been done for the last two years though he'll be gone at the end of May without kicking another ball for us.

I liked both but footballers who have nothing to offer anymore are a bit like greyhounds or thoroughbred horses. Once they become a liability then we should send them out to pasture or even the glue factory. Far too many that were well past their sell by date were still creaming a wage from us and I include the likes of Berra, Aaron Hughes, Snodgrass, Whelan, Martin and Damour. I'm sure there's plenty more but as far as finances go then its money down the proverbial drain that we could've used elsewhere. 

Madjambo21
On 16/03/2024 at 07:23, Bad Religion said:

Think he triggered his 1 year extension with games played rather than us offering the deal.

Agree it doesn't look likely he will improve us going forward.

If he can get fit for next season he could maybe be a good squad player for his final year