Peter Haring.

Selkirkhmfc1874

Selkirkhmfc1874

Could've played his last game for the club , getting knee op in next few days ! Wish him a full and speedy recovery 

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wavydavy

• been here before

• Chimp

• Felix Lighter

PapaShango
Just now, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Could've played his last game for the club , getting knee op in next few days ! Wish him a full and speedy recovery 

Forgot all about him! Bit of a shame his career at Hearts is going to end like that, he has been a decent servant over the years and pre injury was a terrific player. 

Sorry to read this, I liked him a lot at the outset.

Philfigo

Could have been a club legend if it wasn't for all his injurys as he was a class player when he 1st arrived.

Can't believe it's 6 years he's been here already. Good servant especially initially, but injuries taken their toll.

been here before

An utter passenger. One decent year then nothing.

Auld treatment table Pete must have some sick time and presumably doesnt go onto half wages after 6 months sick.

A quick look online... 127 games in 6 years 106 missed, 13 different periods of injury adding up to 901 days  thats 2.5 years injured up to the start of this season so theres even more to add than that. 

That extra years contact extention worked out well... for him at least.

A great servant though :rofl:

Edited by been here before

Bazzas right boot

Good luck to the guy.

Hope he gets the chance for   a wee  send off so we can acknowledge him-  preferably late May at Hampden with a trophy.

Wasn't a fan of the latest  extension given as I think injuries had taken tbe best from him and unfortunately he never recovered.

Good player tho and v celtic in the final if he had stayed on I think we win that, he bossed it.

Wish him the best.

Edited by Bazzas right boot

Bazzas right boot
10 minutes ago, been here before said:

Auld treatment table Pete must have some sick time and presumably doesnt go onto half wages after 6 months sick.

A quick look online... 127 games in 6 years 106 missed, 13 different periods of injury adding up to 901 days  thats 2.5 years injured up to the start of this season so theres even more to add than that. 

Edgey, but no doubt you'll get the reaction you are craving.

130 games averages out at over 20 games a season , not great but makes your point a big slice of shite pie.

Edited by Bazzas right boot

Skivingatwork

Good luck to him. Was chatting to him at a plot ceremony and he came across really well. 

saxondale
3 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

130 games averages out at over 20 games a season , not great but makes you point a big slice of shite pie.

Exactly, it's attention seeking at its finest, or just a dreadful opinion.

been here before
8 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

130 games averages out at over 20 games a season , not great but makes your point a big slice of shite pie.

No not really edgy, its all fact. Nor is it "edgy" because you dont agree with it.

And lets be honest the only reaction has been from you and who the **** sets out for that drivel?

But lets congratulate Haring on managing to average just under half a seasons worth of games for all the time he's been here.

Desperate stuff even for someone with a bar set as low as yours Tosh.

John Findlay
17 minutes ago, been here before said:

:troll:

been here before
4 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

:troll:

Awwww naw Uncle Alberts posted a gif.

Well in that case Ill take all of the above facts back and say 'All the best Pete, a great servant'.

I know when Im beaten.

A_A wehatethehibs

Good servant, another player who could’ve had a better career but for the injuries. Hopefully this surgery will allow him to get his career going at his next club, see out his career on the pitch next few years 

boag1874

All the best, always comes across as a great guy and on his day a really top player. Unfortunate time with injuries but he still contributed (more than he gets credit for from some) to bringing the pride back to Hearts and getting us to where we are now, where we belong. Cheers for the memories

Rick Sanchez
28 minutes ago, been here before said:

falcon-sam-wilson.gif

26 minutes ago, been here before said:

Petes injuries all date back to playing through the pain barrier to make the Scottish Cup Final which he utterly dominated in despite his obvious discomfort and injury. When we did have to sub him, we pretty much immediately conceded. 

Very, very harsh post for a player that quite literally put his body on the line to try and drag us to silverware. 

Absolutely no ill will to Haring, and I hope whatevers wrong with him this time is mendable. 

Valois No1

I liked Haring. Injured a lot but I get the feeling he cares for the club and he tried hard. A good player as well

all the best Pete

Daveandal

Love him and hopefully we can lift the cup and he can join in the celebrations.

All the best for the Op and future Peter.

Will always be welcome back at Tynecastle.

Some people forgetting he played through injury taking injections much to his own detriment because we couldn’t afford to have him missing from a threadbare squad. 

Hope he recovers and continues in football whether that be at Hearts or elsewhere. 

Skacelsid

Things could have ended a lot better for the big man. But all the best for the future and thank you Peter. 

boag1874
12 minutes ago, OTT said:

Petes injuries all date back to playing through the pain barrier to make the Scottish Cup Final which he utterly dominated in despite his obvious discomfort and injury. When we did have to sub him, we pretty much immediately conceded. 

Very, very harsh post for a player that quite literally put his body on the line to try and drag us to silverware. 

Absolutely no ill will to Haring, and I hope whatevers wrong with him this time is mendable. 

Also played through a double hernia and groin injury at Easter Road prior to that in a huge well needed victory and was the best player on the park, he then had to get an operation after it. He sacrificed a hell of a lot for us that season and deserves all the good will in the world for it

Felix Lighter
53 minutes ago, been here before said:

I assume you have a similar opinion on Halkett, Mckay, Boyce, Beni ? Maybe we should just not bother signing good players incase they get injured.

Pans Jambo
43 minutes ago, been here before said:

No not really edgy, its all fact. Nor is it "edgy" because you dont agree with it.

And lets be honest the only reaction has been from you and who the **** sets out for that drivel?

But lets congratulate Haring on managing to average just under half a seasons worth of games for all the time he's been here.

Desperate stuff even for someone with a bar set as low as yours Tosh.

Meh, he played for us but then so did Joel Pereria. 
Maroon glasses. First season aside, he was not great IMO. Wont be missed. 

Felix Lighter
29 minutes ago, OTT said:

Spot on. An intelligent, composed player was big Pete. All the best to him whatever transpires.

been here before
9 minutes ago, Felix Lighter said:

I assume you have a similar opinion on Halkett, Mckay, Boyce, Beni ? Maybe we should just not bother signing good players incase they get injured.

When Halkett, Mckay, Boyce, Beni have been out injured they've brought something to the team when they've returned.

Other than his first 18ish months Harings brought nothing when he's came back other than slowing attacks down, losing possession and turning like an oil tanker before vanishing to keep the physios busy for another another 6 months at least.

Great servant though.

Pans Jambo
8 minutes ago, Felix Lighter said:

I do. 
Really dont have much love for “superstars” anymore. They come, they go. Anyone missing Barrie McKay or Boyce? Really???

Kent, Gordon, Shankland. Rest can leave and I wouldnt lose a wink of sleep. 

Edited by Pans Jambo

Drylaw Hearts

The time for him to find a new club has definitely arrived.

I hope he makes a full recovery and gets a decent move nearer home.

Dennis Reynolds

Not really a shock, is it? 

Writing has been on the wall for a while. Shame for him as I liked him and was a fairly tidy performer when called upon. Couldn't keep up with the game at all anymore though. The year extension was a silly decision probably based on loyalty than functionality.

Good luck to him.

Felix Lighter
3 minutes ago, been here before said:

When Halkett, Mckay, Boyce, Beni have been out injured they've brought something to the team when they've returned.

Other than his first 18ish months Harings brought nothing when he's came back other than slowing attacks down, losing possession and turning like an oil tanker before vanishing to keep the physios busy for another another 6 months at least.

Great servant.

So it's gone up from his first year to 18 months now has it? What about the cup final?

9 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

I do. 
Really dont have much love for “superstars” anymore. They come, they go. Anyone missing Barrie McKay or Boyce? Really???

Beni and Halkett? A bit selective there. Perhaps that these players aren't being missed is down to the gradual improvement of the squad.

Wee Mikey
1 hour ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Good luck to the guy.

Hope he gets the chance for   a wee  send off so we can acknowledge him-  preferably late May at Hampden with a trophy.

Wasn't a fan of the latest  extension given as I think injuries had taken tbe best from him and unfortunately he never recovered.

Good player tho and v celtic in the final if he had stayed on I think we win that, he bossed it.

Wish him the best.

Hopefully, we'll get the chance of a wee chin-wag with him at the POTY awards.

At least it'll be a 'Scott Wilson hater-free zone'.

😎

Bob Loblaw

Haring pretty much ****ed his career by putting his body on the line for us. Even in recent times he's had about 3 concussions. 

He was a great player initially, then injuries took their toll but he's still contributed when he's been relied upon.

It's a shame if this is how his Hearts career ends but I wish him a speedy recovery and all the best if is.

Anyone having a dig at him as his Hearts career comes to an end is frankly a prick.

Robbo-Jambo
1 hour ago, been here before said:

Look at me, look at me 🥱🥱.

jamboozy
3 minutes ago, Bob Loblaw said:

Haring pretty much ****ed his career by putting his body on the line for us. Even in recent times he's had about 3 concussions. 

He was a great player initially, then injuries took their toll but he's still contributed when he's been relied upon.

It's a shame if this is how his Hearts career ends but I wish him a speedy recovery and all the best if is.

Anyone having a dig at him as his Hearts career comes to an end is frankly a prick.

Good post, pretty much my opinion. I wish big Pete all the best for the future, in whatever he sets out to do .

Hungry hippo

Good luck to him. Been a great a great servant and I hope he finds a decent club.

Bunny Munro

Was outstanding when he first came in, and earned every extension he was given with great performances almost whenever called upon. 

This last season hasn't worked out sadly, for a few reasons.

Jocam2325

Haring could have been a very good player for us, but for injuries. 

I don't see the need for the nastiness from one poster in particular.  I don't suppose he feigned the injuries. But some folk are only happy when they're posting bile

maroonsgotop
1 hour ago, OTT said:

Totally agree. Very good player. I give my best wishes to Pete and hopefully a full recovery from the op 

GinRummy

Nice someone started a thread. I think his time with us is almost up but a great servant and always gave 100 percent which is more than I can say for some of his former tea mates. 

Love big Pete. He's been solid and always committed to us when he's played. Loves the club. Great signing but a shame his injuries hampered his progress here. Has had many stand out performances in a Hearts shirt. I wish him all the best. ❤️

Watt-Zeefuik

Fantastic for us in his initial period. A crucial miss last season when he was out at the same time as Beni, we just had no holding mid who could do the job once Snoddy got sussed out at the position.

Even without the surgery it was probably time, though, as he would just frustratingly lose his man on defence all the damn time last season even when healthy. Pre-injury he was great on attack and defence, but after he came back the defensive part just wasn't there.

Thanks very much for his service and I hope he has a successful run for the rest of his career, wherever it plays out.

(Not responding to That Poster on this thread, absolutely no reason to give it any attention.)

been here before
11 minutes ago, Watt-Zeefuik said:

Fantastic for us in his initial period. A crucial miss last season when he was out at the same time as Beni, we just had no holding mid who could do the job once Snoddy got sussed out at the position.

Even without the surgery it was probably time, though, as he would just frustratingly lose his man on defence all the damn time last season even when healthy. Pre-injury he was great on attack and defence, but after he came back the defensive part just wasn't there.

Thanks very much for his service and I hope he has a successful run for the rest of his career, wherever it plays out.

(Not responding to That Poster on this thread, absolutely no reason to give it any attention.)

il_1080xN.5781639259_r99t.thumb.jpg.8f385ad545f9feb98417924bf6890410.jpg

kingantti1874

😩 was hoping we’d get to see Pete play a couple more times. Great player, badly hampered by injury

Spellczech

Considering we picked him from the Austrian second division he was for a time an excellent find. I cannot fault his new deals from his perspective, but I do wonder about the competency of our medical department and their input into contact decisions.

Edited by Spellczech

Bad Religion

Wish him well and a very good player for us when at his best. 

Another one given a new deal based on sentiment rather than current ability. A mistake and we need to stop doing this. 

Watt-Zeefuik
12 minutes ago, been here before said:

il_1080xN.5781639259_r99t.thumb.jpg.8f385ad545f9feb98417924bf6890410.jpg

I'm Super!! - quickmeme