Peter Haring.

Selkirkhmfc1874

Uncle Buck

Been a good player for us and one of the good guys. The 2019 Scottish cup final all fell apart when he went off injured. Good luck big Pete.

IMG_6866.thumb.jpeg.6c45ee9edf1bfb90908d03d289734643.jpeg

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wavydavy

• been here before

• Chimp

• Felix Lighter

indianajones

Gave it all for us. Played through pain for a lot of time too. 

Petes a PHM.

jamboinglasgow
1 hour ago, Jocam2325 said:

Haring could have been a very good player for us, but for injuries. 

I don't see the need for the nastiness from one poster in particular.  I don't suppose he feigned the injuries. But some folk are only happy when they're posting bile

I am convinced some people think players want to be injured, when actually if you here players talk about long term injuries its a horrible thing to go through especially the mental side when it can feel lonely as you often separate from your team mates, you are not getting to do what you have built a career to do i.e. play, you miss out on a lot.

Also dont buy the line he was only good for 18 months. He is a player that takes time to get up to speed after injuries (like a lot of players) but when he is up to speed he is really good. I think his body has slowed last season or two which has not helped him with the pace of Scottish football but he is intelligent and done a lot for us. 

I wish he had been relatively injury free last 6 years because he would have been massive and had he been fit in 2019/20 season I think we would not have been as poor as we were.

colinmorewasgash

Like berra was rushed back too quick and got injured again and not first player either by medical team and our dof/manager. 

All best Pete.

GBJambo

Great servant who put his body on the line for us . Not his fault he was injured a lot. 

Lone Striker
2 hours ago, OTT said:

Petes injuries all date back to playing through the pain barrier to make the Scottish Cup Final which he utterly dominated in despite his obvious discomfort and injury. When we did have to sub him, we pretty much immediately conceded. 

Very, very harsh post for a player that quite literally put his body on the line to try and drag us to silverware. 

Absolutely no ill will to Haring, and I hope whatevers wrong with him this time is mendable. 

Yes, wasn't it some Irish doctor guy who had read about Haring's problem (which none of the other surgeons seemed able to diagnose or sort) who got to the bottom of his problem and fixed it ?

2 hours ago, boag1874 said:

Also played through a double hernia and groin injury at Easter Road prior to that in a huge well needed victory and was the best player on the park, he then had to get an operation after it. He sacrificed a hell of a lot for us that season and deserves all the good will in the world for it

Yep.   Totally agree.  An episode that seems to have passed the OP by.

1 hour ago, Bob Loblaw said:

Haring pretty much ****ed his career by putting his body on the line for us. Even in recent times he's had about 3 concussions. 

He was a great player initially, then injuries took their toll but he's still contributed when he's been relied upon.

It's a shame if this is how his Hearts career ends but I wish him a speedy recovery and all the best if is.

Anyone having a dig at him as his Hearts career comes to an end is frankly a prick.

Good post.  👍

1 hour ago, Jocam2325 said:

Haring could have been a very good player for us, but for injuries. 

I don't see the need for the nastiness from one poster in particular.  I don't suppose he feigned the injuries. But some folk are only happy when they're posting bile

The OP does seem to be suggesting he was feigning or exaggerating some of his injuries - quite a ridiculous suggestion, but we shouldn't be surprised  because  there's quite a few on JKB whose posts reveal a very limited  understanding or appreciation of professional football.

Wee Mikey
42 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Gave it all for us. Played through pain for a lot of time too. 

Petes a PHM.

Quite!!!

Why some folks feel the need to stick the boot in (one in particular) beats me.

At least Hearts, as a club, stick by their players. It's good karma.

Who knows what benefits Haring has given whilst being side-lined?

Stuff that happens in the background re-team spirit etc.?

I'd far rather have a Peter Haring stoatin' aboot than a billy big baws past-it has-been like some of our poorer signings on recent seasons.

been here before
18 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

The OP does seem to be suggesting he was feigning or exaggerating some of his injuries - quite a ridiculous suggestion, but we shouldn't be surprised  because  there's quite a few on JKB whose posts reveal a very limited  understanding or appreciation of professional football.

The OP does seem to suggest what??? Perhaps Im seeing a different OP to you but thats quite a ridiculous suggestion.

But we shouldnt be surprised because there are some on JKB who in a desperate bid to appear superior reveal a very limited understanding or appreciation of how to read a thread on a football forum.

john thomas
51 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

Quite!!!

Why some folks feel the need to stick the boot in (one in particular) beats me.

At least Hearts, as a club, stick by their players. It's good karma.

Who knows what benefits Haring has given whilst being side-lined?

Stuff that happens in the background re-team spirit etc.?

I'd far rather have a Peter Haring stoatin' aboot than a billy big baws past-it has-been like some of our poorer signings on recent seasons.

People that come out with this nasty shit about a guy that has given his all are a disgrace to Hearts .

Don't know about anyone else but I don't want to be associated with these little wankers

My half sister

I love Big Pete, and  as others have said, he put his body on the line on many occasions.

A very good footballer and I wish him a speedy recovery and hopefully we’ll see him play again soon. 

Benny Klack
2 hours ago, My half sister said:

I love Big Pete, and  as others have said, he put his body on the line on many occasions.

A very good footballer and I wish him a speedy recovery and hopefully we’ll see him play again soon. 

This - I love Pete and sincerely hope we see him back on the park someday. Great player and servant to the club - and I really hope if he does leave in the near future, he leaves with a cup medal in his back pocket (even if it’s just as a squad member). I feel like he’s served his time to deserve being remembered as a key player over his time here. 

A very good player for Hearts across his time at the club. Incredibly unlucky with injuries. 

All the best to big Pete if his time here is nearing conclusion. We were more often than not a better side with him in it. 

jbee647
8 hours ago, been here before said:

An utter passenger. One decent year then nothing.

Auld treatment table Pete must have some sick time and presumably doesnt go onto half wages after 6 months sick.

A quick look online... 127 games in 6 years 106 missed, 13 different periods of injury adding up to 901 days  thats 2.5 years injured up to the start of this season so theres even more to add than that. 

That extra years contact extention worked out well... for him at least.

A great servant though :rofl:

Just to cheer you up

i would imagine we will extend his contract until he has completed his rehab after the operation, we have a duty of care 

Section Q
11 hours ago, Philfigo said:

Could have been a club legend if it wasn't for all his injurys as he was a class player when he 1st arrived.

We'd've won that cup final if he hadn't gone off injured........!

Selkirkhmfc1874
8 hours ago, Lone Striker said:

Yes, wasn't it some Irish doctor guy who had read about Haring's problem (which none of the other surgeons seemed able to diagnose or sort) who got to the bottom of his problem and fixed it ?

Yep.   Totally agree.  An episode that seems to have passed the OP by.

Good post.  👍

I'm suggesting nothing of the kind, Peter Haring has always given 100% for HMFC 

gregzy2k7

Really good servant to the club,

Deserves nothing but our best wishes tbh,

I think the decision of playing him in that cup final in 2019 almost ruined him,

It's a shame as we almost won it because of him before he had to come off that day.

Would think that would be him away now, 

so hopefully he can find a club,

I'm sure he could still get a decent deal at a bottom six club in Scotland, if he wants to stay here that is.

Best wishes to you Peter

Sherbet
1 hour ago, gregzy2k7 said:

Really good servant to the club,

Deserves nothing but our best wishes tbh,

I think the decision of playing him in that cup final in 2019 almost ruined him,

It's a shame as we almost won it because of him before he had to come off that day.

Would think that would be him away now, 

so hopefully he can find a club,

I'm sure he could still get a decent deal at a bottom six club in Scotland, if he wants to stay here that is.

Best wishes to you Peter

Bottom six....don't think he would sign for hibs  lol

Mister Dee

Was sad to read this. 
A decent player who deserves better than an injury enforced exit. 
Hope he recovers quickly & gets back to playing soon. 
PHM

tiger Rudi
14 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Could've played his last game for the club , getting knee op in next few days ! Wish him a full and speedy recovery 

Yes a speedy recovery and all the best for the future Pete. Always helped out and done a job when needed, even after the long lay offs that have curtailed his career with us. Always had a great attitude when his services were occasionally required. 

If he heads home, I hope he finds a club and manages to keep playing. 

i8hibsh

Liked Peter Haring and thank him for his service but for the love of **** enough is enough now.  When does his contract end? Hope soon.

Still baffled at offering Boyce and Halkett new deals when they are so injury prone.

EH11 2NL

A rock during some really shite times. So dependable, injuries have caught up but on his day he was Rolls Royce. Best midfielder of the Bulge era imo.

Robbo-Jambo
33 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Liked Peter Haring and thank him for his service but for the love of **** enough is enough now.  When does his contract end? Hope soon.

Still baffled at offering Boyce and Halkett new deals when they are so injury prone.

Totally agree with your second sentence.

Poor ,poor decisions imo 

LogicalEric

Injuries have no doubt blighted what was a really promising start to his Hearts career. I'd have been surprised if he'd have been here beyond this season. Wish him nothing but the best for the future as he is a top guy off the park.

Giving him an extra year on his deal was a terrible decision and I called it at the time. No idea why the club thought it would be a wise move. He's been finished for a long time and amazes me so many failed to see his obvious decline. Great player in his first season - was absolutely everywhere, breaking up play, bombing forward, scoring goals. His bad injury ruined him there's no doubt about it which is very unfortunate and sad to see. Think we all just hoped he'd be that same player again but turns out we just wasted a lot of wages on a player who spent most of his time here on the treatment table. Wish him all the best though seemed like a good guy.

DalryJambo
15 hours ago, been here before said:

Auld treatment table Pete must have some sick time and presumably doesnt go onto half wages after 6 months sick.

A quick look online... 127 games in 6 years 106 missed, 13 different periods of injury adding up to 901 days  thats 2.5 years injured up to the start of this season so theres even more to add than that. 

You need to support people/players in their ups and downs. This sets the tone for the entire squad, and players possibly coming to the club.

The life of a professional sports person isn't all fun and laughter.

I take it you don't employ or manage people?

Jim_Duncan
16 hours ago, been here before said:

👆

An utter roaster. A handful of decent posts per year then nothing.

BelgeJambo

A 100% fit Peter Haring would have won us the Scottish Cup if he stayed on.  He gave it his all. 

A very decent guy to chat with and I wish him all the best if this is the end at Hearts

wavydavy
17 hours ago, been here before said:

File alongside, Boyce and Halkett.

wavydavy
2 hours ago, Chimp said:

Giving him an extra year on his deal was a terrible decision and I called it at the time. No idea why the club thought it would be a wise move. He's been finished for a long time and amazes me so many failed to see his obvious decline. Great player in his first season - was absolutely everywhere, breaking up play, bombing forward, scoring goals. His bad injury ruined him there's no doubt about it which is very unfortunate and sad to see. Think we all just hoped he'd be that same player again but turns out we just wasted a lot of wages on a player who spent most of his time here on the treatment table. Wish him all the best though seemed like a good guy.

It was in his contract that once he played a certain number of games then it triggered an option for him to extend his contract with us. It is a common thing that players have in their contracts and clubs agree to initially and often comes nack to bite them on the bum.

I believe the same happened with Boyce and Halliday.

wavydavy
3 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

His contract is uop at the end of this season. I would imagine that he will not be a Hearts player next season.

1 minute ago, wavydavy said:

It was in his contract that once he played a certain number of games then it triggered an option for him to extend his contract with us. It is a common thing that players have in their contracts and clubs agree to initially and often comes nack to bite them on the bum.

I believe the same happened with Boyce and Halliday.

Don't recall ever seeing anything about that clause in Haring's contract. Either way it's money down the drain. 

Can see him heading back to Austria now, or going to St Johnstone on a short term deal to reunite with Levein. Was going to say Robbie might take him over to Florida but Pete doesn't seem the type for that lifestyle. 

I wouldn't be surprised if these injuries force an early retirement though, yet another operation needed. All combined with his bad headknocks he's had too, it might be a wise decision.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
18 hours ago, been here before said:

This is why we all know you are a prick

Lord Beni of Gorgie
19 minutes ago, BelgeJambo said:

A 100% fit Peter Haring would have won us the Scottish Cup if he stayed on.  He gave it his all. 

A very decent guy to chat with and I wish him all the best if this is the end at Hearts

This is correct. Boy gave his all and has succumbed to injury, passenger, where people get that from, no idea, pretty sure Peter Haring doesn't really want to be a cripple, nor Boyce or Halkett for that matter.

wavydavy
3 minutes ago, Chimp said:

Can see him heading back to Austria now, or going to St Johnstone on a short term deal to reunite with Levein. Was going to say Robbie might take him over to Florida but Pete doesn't seem the type for that lifestyle. 

I wouldn't be surprised if these injuries force an early retirement though, yet another operation needed. All combined with his bad headknocks he's had too, it might be a wise decision.

I think he may well be finished as this sounds like a last resort to try and resolve his knee problem. It may well be a while before he recovers and then it might be difficult for him to find a new club assuming we let him go.

Big Pedro will be signing an extension to his contract at the end of the season.

The club want him modelling the new kit and new sponsor. :loved:

wavydavy
43 minutes ago, droid said:

Big Pedro will be signing an extension to his contract at the end of the season.

The club want him modelling the new kit and new sponsor. :loved:

Justb give him a modelling contract then not a playing football one . 😍

ScottieMac17

100% a cult hero! Always given his best! Solid player and a great guy.

1874robbo
10 hours ago, jbee647 said:

Just to cheer you up

i would imagine we will extend his contract until he has completed his rehab after the operation, we have a duty of care 

I hope not.

we are not a charity.

RustyRightPeg
10 hours ago, jbee647 said:

Just to cheer you up

We'll probably do what we did with GMS. Allow him to rehab at the Oriam whilst not under contract.

AlimOzturk
5 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Think Boyce triggered his year extension option so the club never had the choice. Gotta hope that Halkett get back to his best and deserves the opportunity imo. 

i8hibsh
16 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Think Boyce triggered his year extension option so the club never had the choice. Gotta hope that Halkett get back to his best and deserves the opportunity imo. 

The thing is I would love nothing more than an 'A game'Boyce, Haring and Halkett in the XI every week - they are all that good on their A game but the reality is they will see out the rest of their contracts fighting to be fit.

:sob:

jbee647
46 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

I hope not.

we are not a charity.

There is no way a club of Hearts stature will release a good servant of the club like Haring to go through rehab after an operation incurred while being employed by the club

I know for a fact two of the women’s team were given an extra year for this very instance

Lone Striker
9 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

I'm suggesting nothing of the kind, Peter Haring has always given 100% for HMFC 

Apologies - I wrongly mentioned the OP (you) when it was @been here before     that I was meaning.   I agree with you about Haring. 👍

AlimOzturk
1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

The thing is I would love nothing more than an 'A game'Boyce, Haring and Halkett in the XI every week - they are all that good on their A game but the reality is they will see out the rest of their contracts fighting to be fit.

:sob:

It’ll be Boyce last year Imo. Hopefully he leaves giving it his best season in maroon. Surely be playing for a contract elsewhere so plenty motivation. 

Halkett should really be approaching his prime. Let’s hope it falls into place for both of them. 

Good luck to Peter; hope he gets back to fitness and finds a decent club for next season (assuming he does leave)