New Scotland shirt

Angel eyes

A_A wehatethehibs
4 minutes ago, Bob Loblaw said:

I haven't learnt that I already knew it. Doesn't mean every use of the colour is attributed to it.

Why would they use colours just for bisexuals and ignore the rest of the LBGTQ community if they are attempting to virtue signal? 

Probably because that's not what they are doing.

Listen mate you said it wasn’t a rainbow flag, it is. It’s the B in LGBT, that’s is what it is. I’m not here to debate the rights or wrongs of that, nor talk about the reasons they’ve done it. But nobody’s putting 2+2 and getting 5. That’s the colours of the bisexual pride flag as clear as day.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bob Loblaw

• vegas-voss

• A_A wehatethehibs

• PhoenixHearts

Bob Loblaw
Just now, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Listen mate you said it wasn’t a rainbow flag, it is. It’s the B in LGBT, that’s is what it is. I’m not here to debate the rights or wrongs of that, nor talk about the reasons they’ve done it. But nobody’s putting 2+2 and getting 5. That’s the colours of the bisexual pride flag as clear as day.

And have they said that? Not much of a nod to the community if they are trying to clandestinely slip it in is it? Not like they are shy to run campaigns.

Unless they have there's nowt to debate other than the need to change the flag at all. Its the same colour pallette as they have used for the kits.

Bob Loblaw
4 minutes ago, ShortmanRossco said:

The thing is why take the chance?

I mean it's pretty funny either way as it's created discontent in what's admittedly an otherwise very smart kit.

Whether it's for the LGBQT community or not you'd think it would make sense to offer the purchaser the choice between the conventional colours or the janky new ones instead of just completely nailing the new colours to the mast.

Don't disagree with that, no love for England or their team but they shouldn't mess with the flag regardless.

I am just not convinced it's what it's being claimed it is.

Edited by Bob Loblaw

A_A wehatethehibs
Just now, Bob Loblaw said:

And have they said that? Not much of a nod to the community if they are trying to clandestinely slip it in is it? Not like they are shy to run campaigns.

Unless they have there's nowt to debate other than the need to change the flag at all. Its the same colour pallette as they have used for the kits.

You aren’t naive enough to think Nikes designers did this accidentally are you? Oh it’s just a coincidence? 🤣

10 hours ago, Midloth_Iain said:

Blue Spain Adicolor Classics 3-Stripes T-Shirt

Imagine this with a Scotland badge  😍

Take my money.

Bob Loblaw
1 hour ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

You aren’t naive enough to think Nikes designers did this accidentally are you? Oh it’s just a coincidence? 🤣

I don't think it's accidental no, I think it's a deliberate choice based on the colour schemes of the new kits. 

Their purple kit is that colour because its a mix of the red and blue on the home kit, Nike have said this.

The cross is all those colours. It's simpy a shite marketing gimmick IMO.

If you honestly think it's some sort of woke action then fair enough. I literally don't see what the logic would be for that if it was including only one section of a wider community.

But I'm not wasting any more time debating a flag on the England kit so we can agree to disagree.

On 15/03/2024 at 20:51, gregzy2k7 said:

Looks bogging,

Why not just stick with the 150th anniversary one?

They only wore that twice once v Cyprus and the other England ,cannae really wear a 150th anniversary top in our 151st year either 😉

PhoenixHearts

Neither kit is a particular classic I'll be honest, but the thing that bugs me most is we chose to release both with the shorts the same as the shirt. They've released a 2nd alternative pair of shorts for each kit, and both look better imo, as can be seen in my crap photoshop job. Why didn't we just do white shorts on the home and dark shorts away? Some may say it's polishing a turd but it breaks the kit up a bit and gives them both a slightly more classic look.

It's the same with Hearts tbh. Not a fan of the all maroon thing we do in cup games. 

scotlandkit.png

Bob Loblaw
1 minute ago, PhoenixHearts said:

Neither kit is a particular classic I'll be honest, but the thing that bugs me most is we chose to release both with the shorts the same as the shirt. They've released a 2nd alternative pair of shorts for each kit, and both look better imo, as can be seen in my crap photoshop job. Why didn't we just do white shorts on the home and dark shorts away? Some may say it's polishing a turd but it breaks the kit up a bit and gives them both a slightly more classic look.

It's the same with Hearts tbh. Not a fan of the all maroon thing we do in cup games. 

scotlandkit.png

I think it's a uefa thing. They want strips to be have an all dark or all light offering for major competitions to avoid any classes.

That doesn't mean they have to release 2 pairs of home shirts at £38 a pop though and rip folk off.

Agree the alternative colours look better. 

PhoenixHearts
44 minutes ago, Bob Loblaw said:

I think it's a uefa thing. They want strips to be have an all dark or all light offering for major competitions to avoid any classes.

That doesn't mean they have to release 2 pairs of home shirts at £38 a pop though and rip folk off.

Germany released their home kit in all white too, although they have a pair of alternate black shorts for their home kit which I heard they'll be wearing in the opening match, so logic would tell us we'll have navy shirts and white shorts. Here's hoping.

It just looks so much better, not least because it adds more white to balance out the adidas shoulder stripes, which if worn with the navy shorts is the only bit of trim which isn't yellow. I don't know why small things like that wind me up so much.

vegas-voss

Got the bairn it for his birthday actually looks much better than in the photos.Great for kids but it doesn't really feel like an international strip to me

Nobreath

How out of touch do these SFA blazers have to be to choose this bus seat cover as the next Scotland top.😕

Pans Jambo
1 hour ago, PhoenixHearts said:

scotlandkit.png

I thought my view on this would have mellowed after a few days or so but no, its still shite!

Jim_Duncan
1 hour ago, PhoenixHearts said:

scotlandkit.png

Away kit looks like pyjamas for a wee lassie. Honking for a football kit. 

cheetah

It definitely has a bus seat moquette look to it.

PhoenixHearts
1 hour ago, Bungalow Bill said:

We should always have red socks though right?

Not necessarily. I think we've actually worn navy or white socks more times in our history than red. It's just that the red socks have become an iconic look for Scotland because of the 70s.

I P Knightley
9 hours ago, Bob Loblaw said:

I haven't learnt that I already knew it. Doesn't mean every use of the colour is attributed to it.

Why would they use colours just for bisexuals and ignore the rest of the LBGTQ community if they are attempting to virtue signal? 

Probably because that's not what they are doing.

Maybe it's a nod towards the President of the FA? 

5 hours ago, Bob Loblaw said:

That's probably the case but it's a nuts guideline with no sense of the history that these strips can evoke. Germany is white tops with black shorts; Scotland is navy tops with white shorts (and red socks for those of a certain age). I know they're not under UEFA's jurisdiction but can you imagine Brazil taking to the pitch in all yellow? What would they want Argentina's shorts to look like? 

Avoiding clashes - my arse! The teams don't play in black & white any more. 

4 hours ago, Bungalow Bill said:

Love when we have red socks. Even a really deep purple would at least be a nod to it.

I keep dropping into this thread hoping I'm going to like it more next time. I don't, it's still horrible 😞

Bob Loblaw
1 hour ago, I P Knightley said:

Maybe it's a nod towards the President of the FA? 

That's probably the case but it's a nuts guideline with no sense of the history that these strips can evoke. Germany is white tops with black shorts; Scotland is navy tops with white shorts (and red socks for those of a certain age). I know they're not under UEFA's jurisdiction but can you imagine Brazil taking to the pitch in all yellow? What would they want Argentina's shorts to look like? 

Avoiding clashes - my arse! The teams don't play in black & white any more. 

I know it's nonsense. It's not for every game, so we can wear the white sometimes but if a team we play has certain patterns or wear a whole strip in one colour you need to be able to wear all light or dark.

Which is daft, but it's also something scorland could do without fleecing fans.

Deviskan
7 hours ago, vegas-voss said:

Got the bairn it for his birthday actually looks much better than in the photos.Great for kids but it doesn't really feel like an international strip to me

Ditto, got my son the home and away…both look decent in person.

The only issue is the away one is slightly see-through. but that’s probably more to do with the colour being so light.

My other half is English, so I’ve also ordered him the England away kit…what’s shocking though, is the price Nike is charging for an ‘Authentic’ kids kit shirt…£119.99 just for the top, they’re taking the absolute piss!!!

J Cheever Loophole

It’s like something you’d find in a wood tinks howf.

vegas-voss
53 minutes ago, Deviskan said:

Ditto, got my son the home and away…both look decent in person.

The only issue is the away one is slightly see-through. but that’s probably more to do with the colour being so light.

My other half is English, so I’ve also ordered him the England away kit…what’s shocking though, is the price Nike is charging for an ‘Authentic’ kids kit shirt…£119.99 just for the top, they’re taking the absolute piss!!!

What I don't get is how they go from 5/6yrs the missus out 6/7 completely and just go to 7/8 which would end up costing £100 for the full kit , £50 is a big jump.Said before on this thread I'm glad my laddie is slight and the 5/6 fits him even though he is about to be 7 tomorrow.

gregzy2k7
7 hours ago, Bungalow Bill said:

Tartan socks for me.

Deviskan
1 hour ago, vegas-voss said:

What I don't get is how they go from 5/6yrs the missus out 6/7 completely and just go to 7/8 which would end up costing £100 for the full kit , £50 is a big jump.Said before on this thread I'm glad my laddie is slight and the 5/6 fits him even though he is about to be 7 tomorrow.

Yeah, mine is 8 so it’s now more expensive.

The one benefit though, is that by buying the shirt and shorts separate you can choose different sizes.

For our kit via Umbro, you can’t do that…when I got him this seasons white kit in the right size for his shirt the shorts are absolutely gigantic, they’ll probably fit him by the time he’s 11.

Costanza

This England strip 'debacle' is hilarious. Even that wet rag Starmer has chipped in.

Anything that riles folk like Farage, Joey Barton and Simon Jordan is obviously doing something right.

Incidentally was there a big moan about what they did to the flag design here?

img-stellamccartneyteamgbholding_182845430131.jpg

vegas-voss
5 hours ago, Deviskan said:

Yeah, mine is 8 so it’s now more expensive.

The one benefit though, is that by buying the shirt and shorts separate you can choose different sizes.

For our kit via Umbro, you can’t do that…when I got him this seasons white kit in the right size for his shirt the shorts are absolutely gigantic, they’ll probably fit him by the time he’s 11.

Aye it's mental how they are made

Tommy Brown
On 15/03/2024 at 09:40, gordon simpson said:

the men in it were utter shite when they pulled on that strip 

Only in two matches.

Unfortunately, the two most important matches.:lol:

Diadora Van Basten

I am changing my opinion on new Scotland kit after seeing it last night. I think it’s cracking.

Jim_Duncan
On 21/03/2024 at 23:37, Costanza said:

This England strip 'debacle' is hilarious. Even that wet rag Starmer has chipped in.

Anything that riles folk like Farage, Joey Barton and Simon Jordan is obviously doing something right.

Incidentally was there a big moan about what they did to the flag design here?

img-stellamccartneyteamgbholding_182845430131.jpg

What’s Andy up to?

Francis Albert

Only just seen the Scotland strip after coverage of the Holland game. Horrible especially with the bright yellow swoops at side and back which suggest a bad attack of diarrhea in the dressing room.

Doc Rob
On 21/03/2024 at 11:44, PhoenixHearts said:

scotlandkit.png

THIS. All of this.

I’m not a big fan of the new shirt, but pair it with white shorts and it immediately looks better. The same is true of Hearts tops. Hearts are meant to play in maroon and white. All maroon makes us look like a darker Aberdeen or Liverpool and I don’t like it at all. White shorts for both, please.

I’d also always have red socks with Scotland kit, because they really stand out and look great. Yes, I know there is no red on our flag, but there’s no blue on England’s and that’s never stopped them.

The best Scotland kit ever was at Italia 90. Simple but classic shirt, white shorts, red socks, and a tartan string for the shorts (getting a little of that in without actually putting it on the shirt). In fact, it won the award for best kit at that tournament.

Edited by Doc Rob

Life Aquatic
On 21/03/2024 at 13:21, Nobreath said:

How out of touch do these SFA blazers have to be to choose this bus seat cover as the next Scotland top.😕

Knew it reminded me of something, but couldn't place it. It symbolises the road to Hampden by literally having the seat covers from the First Bus Service 75 Castlemilk to Mount Florida on it. 

Genius

Jim_Duncan
1 hour ago, Francis Albert said:

Only just seen the Scotland strip after coverage of the Holland game. Horrible especially with the bright yellow swoops at side and back which suggest a bad attack of diarrhea in the dressing room.

If you're diarrhea is yellow, your problems are probably just beginning.

The Treasurer

At first glance I thought it was crap, but having seen it close up with my own eyes I now think it is horrendous. Looks like it is made up from scrap bits of material 

Thomaso
On 14/03/2024 at 13:27, PapaShango said:

Worst Scotland top I can ever remember, absolutely honking. 

No where near the worst!

Thomaso

Now THIS was the classic Scotland shirt.

IMG_2354.jpeg

Francis Albert
50 minutes ago, Jim_Duncan said:

If you're diarrhea is yellow, your problems are probably just beginning.

Thanks doctor. Does not really change my onion on the crap design.

Pasquale for King

Yellow stripes on the sleeves would’ve made more sense, the away strip is 🤮

Diadora Van Basten
19 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

No where near the worst!

Think the pinstripes Fila shirt with white shorts and socks was the worst.

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, Doc Rob said:

THIS. All of this.

I’m not a big fan of the new shirt, but pair it with white shorts and it immediately looks better. The same is true of Hearts tops. Hearts are meant to play in maroon and white. All maroon makes us look like a darker Aberdeen or Liverpool and I don’t like it at all. White shorts for both, please.

I’d also always have red socks with Scotland kit, because they really stand out and look great. Yes, I know there is no red on our flag, but there’s no blue on England’s and that’s never stopped them.

The best Scotland kit ever was at Italia 90. Simple but classic shirt, white shorts, red socks, and a tartan string for the shorts (getting a little of that in without actually putting it on the shirt). In fact, it won the award for best kit at that tournament.

Not really about flags, or is it 🤔? England badge with 3 lions is blue and white, the actual colours are red and yellow,ours is yellow and red like the lion rampant. 

9E67D239-E59D-444B-A996-3DE64399B00B.jpeg

PhoenixHearts
3 hours ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

Probably one of my favourites 😅

Thomaso
On 23/03/2024 at 18:10, Francis Albert said:

Thanks doctor. Does not really change my onion on the crap design.

IMG_2364.jpeg

Sarah O
On 23/03/2024 at 18:20, Diadora Van Basten said:

That's the absolute daddy of Scotland shirts. 

boag1874
On 21/03/2024 at 07:40, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Except it isn’t

It’s similar but objectively it is not the same, here they are next to each other. The Bisexual flag doesn’t have the navy blue colour on it and has a bright pink colour on it instead.

Whats happened here is right wing anti lgbt conspiracy nuts have gone “THIS MUST BE AN LGBT THING THEY’RE PUSHING THEIR AGENDA ON US” looked around to find something to prove it, seen that, gone ”well it’s close enough” and turned it into something it isn’t to bash ”woke snowflakes”

Something being similar doesn’t make it the same, it’s like saying the France flag & Italy flag are the same because they share 2/3 colours 

IMG_1890.png

IMG_1891.jpeg

TexasAndy

I don't like the yellow but the Scotland top itself is not so bad.  When you add the hideous shorts it starts to look like a Sunday league strip.