New Scotland shirt

Angel eyes

vegas-voss

**** me it will cost £100 to get the full kit for a 7 year old as you need to buy shorts and socks seperate.Thank **** mine will still fit into a 5/6 😂

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bob Loblaw

• vegas-voss

• A_A wehatethehibs

• PhoenixHearts

Ron Burgundy
2 hours ago, EH11_2NL said:

This is what we need. And some of the men in it too!

Selección-escocesa-1978.jpg

That is a proper kit, outstanding. The Hearts umbro from the same era was another belter.

Fraggle
2 hours ago, BRY said:

£75

£75

£38 for a pair of shorts!!!!!!

Fraggle
2 hours ago, BRY said:

£75

£75

While it’s not the greatest, I like it. Absolutely no chance I’ll be buying it from JD Sport at that price though!

been here before
2 hours ago, BRY said:

£75

£75

6 minutes ago, Fraggle said:

Thing is these companies know their audience and they know that audience of mainly grown men are moronic enough to pay that for a tshirt so good luck to them for spotting the mugs and fleecingbthem accordingly.

Bairns prices in the other hand are utterly obscene.

Fraggle
3 minutes ago, been here before said:

Thing is these companies know their audience and they know that audience of mainly grown men are moronic enough to pay that for a tshirt so good luck to them for spotting the mugs and fleecingbthem accordingly.

Very true, though the same could be said in regards to marketing to the children. They know fine well kids will pester parents to get the latest kits, and can charge stupid prices for it. Wasn't long ago the last bogging kit (excluding the anniversary one) with the purple stripes and white flashes came out. Getting adults to part with their hard earned for a glorified t-shirt is one thing, but we all know its the kids this is all really aimed at.

vegas-voss
1 hour ago, been here before said:

It's mental 5/6 year old £50 for the full kit ( luckily my son despite going to be 7 very soon will fit the 5/6 ) then if you are 7 it's £100 as you need to buy it all separate so my nephew won't be getting one.

vegas-voss
2 hours ago, Syd said:

While it’s not the greatest, I like it. Absolutely no chance I’ll be buying it from JD Sport at that price though!

Unless it's knock off you can't buy it anywhere from JD 

Bob Loblaw
5 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Is the change kit green with purple? 😄 

Listed as "almost blue" by adidas

Seymour M Hersh

If the definition of a camel is a horse designed by a committee then the same can be said for this abomination.

Samuel Camazzola
46 minutes ago, Bob Loblaw said:

Listed as "almost blue" by adidas

Looks like it needs darker shorts to give it a bit of contrast. 'Almost' looks a bit washed out. 

Honking. Looks like a shit carpet from a

Highland hotel. The away strip is slightly better but looks like a training top. 

Philfigo

That looks like a training top not a 1st team Euros top, really poor. What's with all the weird shapes and priced like that they can get to shite! 

Thunder and Lightning

They will be devastated that a bunch of overweight middle aged fashion experts are not happy with it.

Bob Loblaw
36 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Looks like it needs darker shorts to give it a bit of contrast. 'Almost' looks a bit washed out. 

I see that both kits are being sold with two official pairs of shorts. White and navy for home, purple and blue for the away. 

2 pairs of shorts for one kit at £38 a pop 😄 scandalous

Corstorphine Jambo

As someone in their late 50s who has only been to a couple of Scotland matches, I’m clearly not their target audience. But I will have my say - both tops are honking. Home especially is far too “busy”. Looks like a competition winner rather than a properly designed strip.

Benny Klack
13 hours ago, jamboozy said:

It looks like a car rug out an auld mans car.

ha ha - good observation.

I don’t mind it tbh - find it hard to get too excited by a kit either way (except for our current 150 years all white version obvs).

The bigger scandal is the price of these things - especially for kids sizes. 

RedStarRiot

£75 is a ridiculous price, £20 more than buying the Hearts top. 

Looks like the sort of curtains or bed spread that no one would buy. and £75 for a horrible T shirt, you are having a laugh.

gordon simpson
19 hours ago, EH11_2NL said:

This is what we need. And some of the men in it too!

Selección-escocesa-1978.jpg

the men in it were utter shite when they pulled on that strip 

reaths17
4 hours ago, gordon simpson said:

dont think thats a 1st choice line up we used  barring injuries

mcqueen

jardine 

mcgrain

burns kenny

macari

miller

mcliesh

holton

masson

johnston wullie

were all injured, johnston suspended, macari in the dug hoose for leading a payement row

5 changes

rough

jardine         forsyth     mcqueen       mcgrain

masson       souness     rioch             johnston

dalglish                       jordan

woulda been preferred line up

Edited by reaths17

It's a no from me.

However, I've bought two Scotland tops (the anniversary kit) in my life and I'm certainly not the targeted market. My kids don't dislike it as much as me but as the purchaser in this house they can wear the anniversary top while we're all watching Shankland get top scorer at the Euros.

thee jambo
4 hours ago, gordon simpson said:

They were all weighed down by those ridiculous perms.

5 hours ago, gordon simpson said:

That's the line up when they beat the Netherlands 

EH11_2NL
10 hours ago, gordon simpson said:

I would put them up against anything on the planet right now although if we finished with more than 8 on the park I'd be stunned. 

One five

Will be wearing one with the kilt in Germany will look braw man 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Life Aquatic
On 14/03/2024 at 14:59, Craig_ said:

What we need is the classic Adidas trefoil design with a Scotland badge on it. Would sell like hot cakes!

Picture 15 of 16

A subtle tartan pattern running through the blue and a big Scotland badge... Perfection. 

Might buy a Scotland badge and  have the missus sew it on there... Would look decent

Rudi5kaceldream1ng

It's utterly shancid compared to our current one. 

Ah well it's not the worst ever but fair enough. 

The away is indescribably sh***. 

Batistuta87
On 14/03/2024 at 15:17, Chuck Berry said:

Completely gash and £75 is obscene

It's the most JD kit I've ever seen haha. If there was a "JD Utd" they would almost certainly be in a navy strip with big yellow bits. It's not for me. 

Quite like the away one though. 

Edited by Batistuta87

Batistuta87
6 minutes ago, Midloth_Iain said:

Blue Spain Adicolor Classics 3-Stripes T-Shirt

Imagine this with a Scotland badge  😍

I've bought this. It's ****ing cracking. Got the maroon Mexico shorts on the way too.

Edited by Batistuta87

Luckies1874

I see it's all kicking off down south with regards to their new strip for this summer!  Nike virtue signalling as usual has certainly stoked a lot of resent and threats of a boycott, with this rather bizarre replacement for the St George's cross!

A_A wehatethehibs
6 hours ago, Luckies1874 said:

I see it's all kicking off down south with regards to their new strip for this summer!  Nike virtue signalling as usual has certainly stoked a lot of resent and threats of a boycott, with this rather bizarre replacement for the St George's cross!

A faceless soulless evil multinational corporation has designed a new trademarked emblem, which replaces a religious icon fundamental to the existence of England, the formation of England, true English identity, with an LGBT pride flag. I think it’s absolutely modern, no question about that. 

Bob Loblaw

How is that a rainbow flag? Its the St George Cross in the colour scheme they've used on the kits is it not, unless I'm missing something? It's not rainbow is it?

Tbh I'd be annoyed if they changed the Scotland flag with something that was completely different colours, but unless they've attributed a message to it, it seems like fans putting 2+2 together and getting 5.

A_A wehatethehibs
9 minutes ago, Bob Loblaw said:

How is that a rainbow flag? Its the St George Cross in the colour scheme they've used on the kits is it not, unless I'm missing something? It's not rainbow is it?

Tbh I'd be annoyed if they changed the Scotland flag with something that was completely different colours, but unless they've attributed a message to it, it seems like fans putting 2+2 together and getting 5.

You have now learned that bisexuals have their own flag 

Bob Loblaw
Just now, A_A wehatethehibs said:

You have now learned that bisexuals have their own flag 

I haven't learnt that I already knew it. Doesn't mean every use of the colour is attributed to it.

Why would they use colours just for bisexuals and ignore the rest of the LBGTQ community if they are attempting to virtue signal? 

Probably because that's not what they are doing.

ShortmanRossco
14 minutes ago, Bob Loblaw said:

The thing is why take the chance?

I mean it's pretty funny either way as it's created discontent in what's admittedly an otherwise very smart kit.

Whether it's for the LGBQT community or not you'd think it would make sense to offer the purchaser the choice between the conventional colours or the janky new ones instead of just completely nailing the new colours to the mast.