Dhanda ? What's up?

Hector Riva

On 16/03/2024 at 15:53, Badonde said:

He looks far better than Denholm that’s for sure 

I've seen a few negative comments about Denholm since yesterday. Really need to lay off him, he’s a young lad finding his feet, if Naismith thinks he’s going to be good enough then I’ll go with his judgement he’s proven a lot of people wrong already with the likes of Hoff. And of course Dhanda is a better player he’s a seasoned professional ffs versus a young laddie just out the academy.

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sooks

• martoon

• FJT

• Bazzas right boot

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Famous 1874

Going to be a good player for us. Great delivery. We should sign someone with a bit of height. Noticed quite a few of his in-play crosses went to the far post. 

PaddysBar
3 hours ago, Rudy T said:

I've seen a few negative comments about Denholm since yesterday. Really need to lay off him, he’s a young lad finding his feet, if Naismith thinks he’s going to be good enough then I’ll go with his judgement he’s proven a lot of people wrong already with the likes of Hoff. And of course Dhanda is a better player he’s a seasoned professional ffs versus a young laddie just out the academy.

I agree with the thrust of your post. 

Denholm is young, is physically strong and has bags of energy. 

I think the issue is, we’re not seeing much from him in terms of an impact, and at the same time another young player who has made an impact in a similar position and who looks to be on an entirely different level isn’t getting any game time. 

28 minutes ago, PaddysBar said:

I agree with the thrust of your post. 

Denholm is young, is physically strong and has bags of energy. 

I think the issue is, we’re not seeing much from him in terms of an impact, and at the same time another young player who has made an impact in a similar position and who looks to be on an entirely different level isn’t getting any game time. 

I'm wondering if its because the type of player he is, isn't a big impact player. Like, with an attacking midfielder you generally want to see assists and lots of impressive play. Where as someone like Callum McGregor quietly goes about their business winning the ball back, moving it on effectively to more creatively minded players. Its not that he's a bad player, he's just not a flare player.

I really don't know what Naismith was trying to do. If he wants Denholm in the starting 11, IMO its a midfield 3 or Devlin/Beni + Denholm/Hoff and then either Grant or Fraser. Asking Denholm to be the attacking element of a midfield isn't going to end well IMO. 

PaddysBar
13 minutes ago, OTT said:

I'm wondering if its because the type of player he is, isn't a big impact player. Like, with an attacking midfielder you generally want to see assists and lots of impressive play. Where as someone like Callum McGregor quietly goes about their business winning the ball back, moving it on effectively to more creatively minded players. Its not that he's a bad player, he's just not a flare player.

I really don't know what Naismith was trying to do. If he wants Denholm in the starting 11, IMO its a midfield 3 or Devlin/Beni + Denholm/Hoff and then either Grant or Fraser. Asking Denholm to be the attacking element of a midfield isn't going to end well IMO. 

Could be mate but he is being played as the attacking midfielder, or at least he was yesterday.  

It was very obvious early on that our midfield wasn’t supporting our attackers so we were basically shit 1st half. 

Getting the Hoff back will solve all that though, McKay too. 

35 minutes ago, PaddysBar said:

Could be mate but he is being played as the attacking midfielder, or at least he was yesterday.  

It was very obvious early on that our midfield wasn’t supporting our attackers so we were basically shit 1st half. 

Getting the Hoff back will solve all that though, McKay too. 

I really want to see Denholm succeed. His story of getting released and then being brought back is brilliant, so very keen to see him succeed here. Its just important that he's played in the right sort of role that allows him to showcase what he does well. He's absolutely more than just a headless chicken, but he's not an attacking midfielder, yesterday is not something that needs to be repeated again... 

Callum McGregor seems the best comparison because I spent ages trying to work out what he does well (enough to be a Scotland International) and it seems to have some parallel with Denholm. Its not so much that anything he does stands out, but that he's very effective at getting the ball and moving it onto players that are more able to do positive things with it. 

11 hours ago, OTT said:

I really want to see Denholm succeed. His story of getting released and then being brought back is brilliant, so very keen to see him succeed here. Its just important that he's played in the right sort of role that allows him to showcase what he does well. He's absolutely more than just a headless chicken, but he's not an attacking midfielder, yesterday is not something that needs to be repeated again... 

Callum McGregor seems the best comparison because I spent ages trying to work out what he does well (enough to be a Scotland International) and it seems to have some parallel with Denholm. Its not so much that anything he does stands out, but that he's very effective at getting the ball and moving it onto players that are more able to do positive things with it. 

Not comparable at all mate. McGregor is a lot more than just getting the ball and moving it on to other players. He's a rounded CM who can do it all IMO. Celtic aren't the same team without him in it.

johnking123

Would loan Denholm to spfl team. Could make it or just turn into another Smith.

RustyRightPeg
11 hours ago, OTT said:

McGregor and Denholm are chalk and cheese.

Denholm could turn into a Milner under Klopp type player. Not quality wise, just plugs gaps when we need them, and never holds down a starting place.

PapaShango

I'm looking forward to Dhanda coming to Hearts, you could see on Saturday he has quality on the ball and can thread a ball through. Also has a bit of bite about him and could really do well. We don't have a midfielder like him at the moment. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
14 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

McGregor and Denholm are chalk and cheese.

Denholm could turn into a Milner under Klopp type player. Not quality wise, just plugs gaps when we need them, and never holds down a starting place.

Correct answer, low cost option with the correct attitude. Gary Locke was similar back in the day

Lord Beni of Gorgie
10 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

I'm looking forward to Dhanda coming to Hearts, you could see on Saturday he has quality on the ball and can thread a ball through. Also has a bit of bite about him and could really do well. We don't have a midfielder like him at the moment. 

I wasn't so enthusiastic previously. Saturday gives me more belief, thought he had a very good game, in an awkward situation for him, bit of character there. He clearly has the talent, can he translate that week on week in a higher pressure environment is the question, can only be answered in time.

6 hours ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

I wasn't so enthusiastic previously. Saturday gives me more belief, thought he had a very good game, in an awkward situation for him, bit of character there. He clearly has the talent, can he translate that week on week in a higher pressure environment is the question, can only be answered in time.

Seems like he's got a bit of spunk about him. Likes a GIRFUY celebration too so no doubt revels under pressure