Curry (What you cooking)

Rupert Pupkin

Trigger
8 hours ago, Jim_Duncan said:

Folk posting in a cooking thread about packet sauces and jars of curry sauce :rofl:

Might as well go to McDonalds. 

Learn to cook. 

Says he who…

On 11/03/2024 at 14:47, Jim_Duncan said:

Got a load of chicken thighs and marinaded them in curry powder and yoghurt.

Rammed them all on two skewers and stuck the whole lot under the grill, turning frequently.

Atul Kochhar would be proud, I’m sure.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• henrysmithsgloves

• Jim_Duncan

• Greedy Jambo

• Cranston

Jim_Duncan
39 minutes ago, Trigger said:

Says he who…

Atul Kochhar would be proud, I’m sure.

🤷‍♂️

I didn’t even make the yoghurt myself. 

Americana

Put the pans away and get to Bombay Lounge in Dalkeith.

Lamb Vindaloo, Lamb Keema Rice and Haggis Pakora and then somewhere to lie down in your living room.

Rupert Pupkin
Posted (edited)

AL’s 30 minute Chicken Ceylon drops tomorrow at 4pm.. Guess what I’ll be cooking for tomorrow’s dinner..

Edited by Rupert Pupkin

highlandjambo3
19 hours ago, Jim_Duncan said:

Folk posting in a cooking thread about packet sauces and jars of curry sauce :rofl:

Might as well go to McDonalds. 

Learn to cook. 

I posted an easy cook curry recipe using curry paste as one or two posters were asking about a quick and easy method.  Learn to cook is all well and good, most people can but some people would toil assembling a pot noodle.  I can cook curry from scratch with all the fresh spices & herbs but, it’s taken a fair bit of practice to perfect this.

Jim_Duncan
21 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

I posted an easy cook curry recipe using curry paste as one or two posters were asking about a quick and easy method.  Learn to cook is all well and good, most people can but some people would toil assembling a pot noodle.  I can cook curry from scratch with all the fresh spices & herbs but, it’s taken a fair bit of practice to perfect this.

Maybe I was a little harsh. 

But folk talking about jars of sauces like they’re the next Gordon Ramsay is funny. I cook from scratch pretty much every night because I enjoy it and have the time to do so. Amazing how it impacts your health. I went on ‘strike’ for a fortnight and only bought ready meals and jars / packets of stuff from the supermarket. Everyone in the house was running low and feeling under the weather by the end of the fortnight. Cooking and eating well is so important. Shite food should have a massive tax on it that directly funds the NHS. 

Cranston
3 hours ago, Jim_Duncan said:

Maybe I was a little harsh. 

But folk talking about jars of sauces like they’re the next Gordon Ramsay is funny. I cook from scratch pretty much every night because I enjoy it and have the time to do so. Amazing how it impacts your health. I went on ‘strike’ for a fortnight and only bought ready meals and jars / packets of stuff from the supermarket. Everyone in the house was running low and feeling under the weather by the end of the fortnight. Cooking and eating well is so important. Shite food should have a massive tax on it that directly funds the NHS. 

Genuine question Jim.

Do you make your own curry sauces? 

Jim_Duncan
8 minutes ago, Cranston said:

Genuine question Jim.

Do you make your own curry sauces? 

Yep. I mean, I buy ground spices, chop up or purée the onions and garlic etc, and build it from there. 

Cranston
2 minutes ago, Jim_Duncan said:

Yep. I mean, I buy ground spices, chop up or purée the onions and garlic etc, and build it from there. 

What would you call it?

Jalfrezi, Madras, Vindaloo? 

Or your own world?

Jim_Duncan
44 minutes ago, Cranston said:

What would you call it?

Jalfrezi, Madras, Vindaloo? 

Or your own world?

Dunno. Depends what else goes in. Usually plenty butter or yoghurt. Made a prawn curry so hot once my wife slapped me. 

henrysmithsgloves
5 minutes ago, Cranston said:

Why would you bother. When you can buy a jar of real deal sauce for less money? What for?

To come on here and tell everyone you're the next Gordon Ramsay 😂 I'm with you bud,pour it out and heat up👍🏻

Edited by henrysmithsgloves

Cranston

Completely agree with you too. Some of us were saying we enjoy making a home made curry using shop bought sauces, like madras or vindaloo, but got pilloried for being cheffie plebs. 

henrysmithsgloves
1 hour ago, Cranston said:

Completely agree with you too. Some of us were saying we enjoy making a home made curry using shop bought sauces, like madras or vindaloo, but got pilloried for being cheffie plebs. 

Well fed cheffie plebs though 😁👍🏻

Rupert Pupkin

The 30min Ceylon is a winner.. Family lapped it up.. Great flavours.