Season tickets 24/25 - Renewal Period closes 4/5 ( updated )

davemclaren

The Real Maroonblood
19 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

🍺🍺🍺🍹🍻🥂🥃🫗🥤🍸 ...

... more like ...

Not quite recovered from Sun yet.

:lol:

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• Wee Mikey

• Paolo

• been here before

On 23/04/2024 at 13:50, davemclaren said:

I can't think it will be extended. 

I have not renewed yet, but emailed them today.   It is still c.o.b. 04/05.   

The reason I emailed was because the deadline is 04/05, but you are advised to wait until the end of the season if using the Ticket Exchange for the remaining games, or lose your credit.  They apologised for this, are aware of it, but the deadline is still the same.  They said it was not a Ticket Office decision.

22 hours ago, Beave1874 said:

Question, will happily renew but to check do you still get the ticket exchange money applied if you do so now? Sorry thought there was something that if you renewed too early you would not get this credited. I Could be talking single fish, in which case I'll renew shortly.  

Edit -- Ignore - Found the info it will be credited just not if I happen to use the Exchange after 4th May. 

Away to sign up now. 

See my post, just before this one.

On 02/04/2024 at 13:10, TWF said:

Tried to renew this morning. Price quoted did not include a couple of ticket exchange sales.

Any advice on how to "correct" this

Many Thanks in advance

I am the same.  I can only assume the tickets were not sold.

davemclaren
12 minutes ago, Paolo said:

I am the same.  I can only assume the tickets were not sold.

You get an email if the ticket is sold.  

Chuck Berry

Sorry I'm just catching up on this.

The advice regarding renewals was to wait until the season ended if you have ticket exchange credit as once you renewed you wouldn't get credit from any subsequent tickets sold via the exchange after you had renewed.

Fine, that's what I plan to do as I probably won't make the Rangers game.

However, the cut-off date is 4th May????  so if you sell your seats for Dundee/Rangers via the exchange you wont get any credit against this seasons renewal?

davemclaren
4 minutes ago, Chuck Berry said:

The advice regarding renewals was to wait until the season ended if you have ticket exchange credit as once you renewed you wouldn't get credit from any subsequent tickets sold via the exchange after you had renewed.

However, the cut-off date is 4th May????  so if you sell your seats for Dundee/Rangers via the exchange you wont get any credit against this seasons renewal?

You won't get any credit for these games. This was the same last season. 

Chuck Berry

"Current season ticket holders who intend to utilise the Ticket Exchange service before the end of the 2023/24 season should not renew their season ticket until they have utilised the service otherwise any credit gained post renewal will be lost."

Dundee and Rangers are before the end of the season?

Chuck Berry
16 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

You won't get any credit for these games. This was the same last season. 

No it wasn't, the renewal window was open until 3rd June.

davemclaren
12 minutes ago, Chuck Berry said:

Ah, my bad then.  

King Of The Cat Cafe
56 minutes ago, Chuck Berry said:

"Current season ticket holders who intend to utilise the Ticket Exchange service before the end of the 2023/24 season should not renew their season ticket until they have utilised the service otherwise any credit gained post renewal will be lost."

I have already renewed and claimed the discount because I thought the cut-off to secure the same seat next season was May 4th.

Maybe I misunderstood...

2 hours ago, davemclaren said:

You get an email if the ticket is sold.  

Thanks.

Don’t recall that>last season, but I get emailed all sorts of garbage, so easily missed.

1 hour ago, Chuck Berry said:

See my post above.  You will not get credit for them, as it is after the cut off.  

6 minutes ago, King Of The Cat Cafe said:

I have already renewed and claimed the discount because I thought the cut-off to secure the same seat next season was May 4th.

Maybe I misunderstood...

See my post above.  You will not get credit for the last two games, as it is after the cut off.  

Correct.  See my post, a few up from your”s.

King Of The Cat Cafe
3 minutes ago, Paolo said:

See my post above.  You will not get credit for the last two games, as it is after the cut off.  

Yes, I knew that before I renewed.

I does mean that if I cannot go to the two remaining games and there is a ticket exchange in operation, I will not be returning the ticket.  So club loses out also.

Just noticed that when checking my emails.   Ticket Exchange aside, I could have done with an extra pay day before renewing.  

3 minutes ago, King Of The Cat Cafe said:

Yes, I knew that before I renewed.

I does mean that if I cannot go to the two remaining games and there is a ticket exchange in operation, I will not be returning the ticket.  So club loses out also.

If I cannot go, I most likely will offer to a mate.  Mind you, I often done that anyway.

Daktari
5 hours ago, CaptainShanks said:

The strange thing is there were a lot of seats in J and H as well as a few in the other three stands available. I thought those would have all been sold as season tickets leaving only K and half of L.

We got our season tickets in section J in Roseburn the first year they were available. At the first game we said hello to everyone around us, assuming everyone else was a new ST holder as well. And we hardly saw the same person twice after that! I didn't appreciate how much of a walk up there still is in there. Every game, there's folk coming into my row who are actually looking for section K :) .  Hopefully if we've permanently cut back everyone bar Hibs, the amount of STs can go up while still allowing for a decent walk up capacity. Although there's an argument for selling out the seats to STs, I also get the benefit of bringing in new supporters and leaving some capacity for the less regular fans. All in all though, good news for the club.

1874Jambo

I don't get what the urgency is this season for renewals when the season still has 6 games to play and it's always been beginning of June 

Chuck Berry
2 hours ago, Paolo said:

Just noticed that when checking my emails.   Ticket Exchange aside, I could have done with an extra pay day before renewing.  

Why has the renewal date been brought forward a month, thereby affecting the Ticket Exchange system post-split.

Edited by Chuck Berry

mitch41

Life seems so complicated on here. The 24/25 Season Tickets went on sale and I just went to the Ticket Office and renewed mine…….simple. Life is too short to worry about other things.

5 hours ago, Chuck Berry said:

Why has the renewal date been brought forward a month, thereby affecting the Ticket Exchange system post-split.

I have no idea.  This is what they told me.  I hope they do not mind me positing the reply:

‘The renewal period finishes c.o.b 4th May. The season ticket will need to be renewed before c.o.b 4th May, you can still put it on the ticket exchange but you will lose the credit at the end of the season.

We understand the issue, it wasn’t a ticket office decision and if you wish to make a formal complaint contact [email protected]’’.

Edited by Paolo

30 minutes ago, Paolo said:

I have no idea.  This is what they told me.  I hope they do not mind me positing the reply:

‘The renewal period finishes c.o.b 4th May. The season ticket will need to be renewed before c.o.b 4th May, you can still put it on the ticket exchange but you will lose the credit at the end of the season.

We understand the issue, it wasn’t a ticket office decision and if you wish to make a formal complaint contact [email protected]’’.

I have emailed that email address.   Not to complain, but to highlight the advice conflicts with the deadline.

Edited by Paolo

CaptainShanks
12 hours ago, Daktari said:

We got our season tickets in section J in Roseburn the first year they were available. At the first game we said hello to everyone around us, assuming everyone else was a new ST holder as well. And we hardly saw the same person twice after that! I didn't appreciate how much of a walk up there still is in there. Every game, there's folk coming into my row who are actually looking for section K :) .  Hopefully if we've permanently cut back everyone bar Hibs, the amount of STs can go up while still allowing for a decent walk up capacity. Although there's an argument for selling out the seats to STs, I also get the benefit of bringing in new supporters and leaving some capacity for the less regular fans. All in all though, good news for the club.

That is interesting. I don't know if it still happens but for a few seasons I remember overspill Gorgie Suite hospitality being seated in the Roseburn so I expected some to be left available for sale but it seems to be more than that. 

I always notice a lot of tourists in the shop and Wheatfield concourse for games outwith the OF. I wonder how much having to have loyalty points negatively impacts crowds for the OF games. A few years back I was in the queue at the ticket office for a game against Rangers and a few Germans were unable to buy tickets so I spoke to them outside and went in and got them for them. 

Having the Exchange means that even if we leave a smaller number for walks ups, folk should still be able to get tickets for games. It is rare for all the tickets on the Exchange to be snapped up as soon as they go on.

kingantti1874

It’s very rare for there to be no exchange tickets available, I’ve put my tickets up 4 times this season annd sold them once . against rangers probably won’t even open the exchange. We rarely do against the old firm such is the lack of appetite for that fixture . 

1874Jambo
6 hours ago, Paolo said:

I have emailed that email address.   Not to complain, but to highlight the advice conflicts with the deadline.

Did you get a reply, I also emailed a while ago and got no response 

Jarhead
15 hours ago, Daktari said:

With now having the ticket exchange, that is what should be used for walk ups. 
Sell every seat possible as a season ticket and push the exchange a lot harder. Up the advertising and maybe issue warnings for ST’s that keep going unused or not offered to the TE. 
I’m sure the TE could generate 1000+ tickets for most games for walk ups. 
All about maximising the income these days IMO. 

1874Jambo
13 minutes ago, Jarhead said:

Sell every seat possible as a season ticket and push the exchange a lot harder. Up the advertising and maybe issue warnings for ST’s that keep going unused or not offered to the TE. 

Issue warnings for what, people pay there money they're entitled to go when they want

21 minutes ago, Jarhead said:

I think you have to keep some tickets available for walk ups. Its a bit unfair asking children /over 65s to pay full price, which is what you have to do on the TE

2 hours ago, 1874Jambo said:

Did you get a reply, I also emailed a while ago and got no response 

I only done it this morning.  The main ticket office (Robyn) has been great though, and have responded within a few hours or less.

if they cannot add for the forthcoming season, maybe they can for the next one, or give credit for the shop or hospitality or something.

Edited by Paolo

jamboinglasgow

Finally renewed mine today as got paid today.

Have Hearts announced how many season tickets sold yet or are we awaiting till the end of the renewal deadline?

47 minutes ago, been here before said:

That is nonsense.  Buying a season ticket does not compel you to go to games, or release your ticket if you can’t make it.  It would be better if you did, but there should not be a requirement to.

i missed a few games for different reasons, and released when Incoiod, but only once was my ticket taken.  

RustyRightPeg

Won't be renewing this year due to a change in circumstances. Annoying, but needs must. 

Jarhead
2 hours ago, 1874Jambo said:

Issue warnings for what, people pay there money they're entitled to go when they want

Indeed they are which is why I also said if they weren’t releasing their seat for the TE. 
We are limited by our stadium capacity. Why wouldn’t anyone want to give fellow fans an opportunity to attend games, get some money back on the ST cost and help the club increase revenues?

Maybe warning was the wrong word. How about prompt?

Jarhead
2 hours ago, Lido said:

I think you have to keep some tickets available for walk ups. Its a bit unfair asking children /over 65s to pay full price, which is what you have to do on the TE

That’s a fair point. I don’t have the answer but I’m sure some sort of solution could be put in place if the will was there. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Might be the last time I renew, getting too old for the round trip, make it an epic one Hearts

Jarhead
1 hour ago, Paolo said:

That is nonsense.  Buying a season ticket does not compel you to go to games, or release your ticket if you can’t make it.  It would be better if you did, but there should not be a requirement to.

i missed a few games for different reasons, and released when Incoiod, but only once was my ticket taken.  

In Hearts case I don’t think the ticket police will be kicking your door down if you miss the occasional game or neglect to use the TE on those occasions. 

How do we get maximum use of our limited capacity and therefore maximise our potential income?

The majority of home games there are lots of empty seats dotted about so it looks to me that this has potential for improvement. 
The TE is relatively new, maybe in a couple of years it will be a simple press of a button on an app and it will be second nature to do. 

Gerd Muller

I've renewed and looking to change my seat for next season. Think that will come out later when all season ticket holders have renewed. 

I'm a postie and our start and finish time are changing to 90 mins later which means unable to make the football on a Saturday. Might be different for Edinburgh offices but Fife is 90 mins. Dunno how many other posties are season ticket holders but certainly a few can't renew. 

Bull's-eye

Just got an email saying mine has been renewed and paid for.

Thankyou, whoever you are  👍

davemclaren
21 minutes ago, Gerd Muller said:

I've renewed and looking to change my seat for next season. Think that will come out later when all season ticket holders have renewed. 

I'm a postie and our start and finish time are changing to 90 mins later which means unable to make the football on a Saturday. Might be different for Edinburgh offices but Fife is 90 mins. Dunno how many other posties are season ticket holders but certainly a few can't renew. 

That's pretty rubbish. 🥸

Chuck Berry
52 minutes ago, Jarhead said:

The TE is relatively new, maybe in a couple of years it will be a simple press of a button on an app and it will be second nature to do. 

It doesn't help when they effectively dump it for the last two home games.

3 hours ago, Paolo said:

I only done it this morning.  The main ticket office (Robyn) has been great though, and have responded within a few hours or less.

if they cannot add for the forthcoming season, maybe they can for the next one, or give credit for the shop or hospitality or something.

I renewed a few weeks ago, but when ordering our Killie tickets on Tuesday, etickets gave me the option of paying using account credits. I assume this is from the TE.

56 minutes ago, Jarhead said:

It already is 🤷‍♀️

Jarhead
18 minutes ago, Chuck Berry said:

It doesn't help when they effectively dump it for the last two home games.

That’s not great and hopefully something they will learn from and sort next year. 

Jarhead
15 minutes ago, Dunks said:

It already is 🤷‍♀️

I haven’t missed a home game this year so have not needed to use the TE. I had literally no idea there was an app for this which kind of confirms that it needs pushed a bit more to raise awareness. 

4 minutes ago, Jarhead said:

That’s not great and hopefully something they will learn from and sort next year. 

Hopefully, though it was fine last year, as the renal date was 3rd June.   As per my previous post, maybe they can give you credit for the next season, or for the shop, hospitality, other events or even perhaps a chance to ‘donate’ credit to Big Hearts or something.

been here before
28 minutes ago, Dunks said:

It already is 🤷‍♀️

There's an app for the ticket exchange?

First I've heard of that. Where are we finding that then?

Jarhead
10 minutes ago, Paolo said:

Hopefully, though it was fine last year, as the renal date was 3rd June.   As per my previous post, maybe they can give you credit for the next season, or for the shop, hospitality, other events or even perhaps a chance to ‘donate’ credit to Big Hearts or something.

Yip, without knowing the ins and outs of how the system works, you would think that any credits could be rolled over to next year.