BBC Radio Scotland commentary - what a bag of shite!

I P Knightley

36 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Commentator and pundit on Sportscene leaving no doubt as to where loyalties lie. Presume they have Celtic scarfs on whilst working 

That was like listening to Celtic TV. Embarrassing. 

1 hour ago, skinnybob72 said:

Boner last played for Tic 27 years ago, Miller last played for Aberdeen 34 years ago. What do these guys really bring to punditry in the game today? Surely there has to be players, much more recently retired, who could offer more than these guys? 

In fairness they were both very good players back in the day and Miller does make a decent point now and then. But listening to Bonner's 'analysis' is just like listening to an average Celtic fan of a certain age who gets most of their coverage of Scottish football from the Celtic View. The fact that the BBC rarely give him a game that doesn't involve Celtic is a reflection that they know his knowledge about anything non-Celtic is negligible.  

Deevers

Got back to the car after the match to be greeted by the biggest load of abject Celtic grief. For a National Broadcaster it should be embarrassing,  I but it’s  not. It’s just what’s expected. Totally biased shite.

mellors1874

Couldn't resist a wee shout up to the hearts TV team at full time to ask them to check on Sutton and Bonner to make sure they had enough hankies.

Sutton in fairness did laugh at it.

skinnybob72
23 hours ago, stirlo said:

In fairness they were both very good players back in the day and Miller does make a decent point now and then. But listening to Bonner's 'analysis' is just like listening to an average Celtic fan of a certain age who gets most of their coverage of Scottish football from the Celtic View. The fact that the BBC rarely give him a game that doesn't involve Celtic is a reflection that they know his knowledge about anything non-Celtic is negligible.  

I've no argument that they were good players - but that was almost 3 decades ago! 

Bungalow Bill
7 minutes ago, skinnybob72 said:

I've no argument that they were good players - but that was almost 3 decades ago! 

I was thinking the exact same thing when I was driving home on Sunday! How has Biscuits got that gig on the BBC, played 30 years ago and he wasn’t very good either. 

10 minutes ago, skinnybob72 said:

I don't see that players who have played 10 years ago necessarily have a better insight than players who've played 30 years ago. It all comes down to how articulate they are, whether their analysis is any good - and actually doing some preparation/research. I'm sure we could all name some fairly recently retired players who are poor pundits.