BBC Radio Scotland commentary - what a bag of shite!

I P Knightley

I P Knightley

For one reason or another (i.e. bad planning), I found myself forced to listen to the commentary over BBC Scotland online. Luckily I was doing some chores that involved hitting stuff so I was able to hit stuff with extra venom whenever Bonner, the walking Boner, spoke.

Prize among a plethora of shite being spoken was when Cammy was through and fed Tagawa. The main commentator, to be fair, tried to have a conversation about the options and whether Tagawa is just short on confidence etc. But, oh no, not for Packy Bonner (stupid name, stupid guy). "Oi tink de Celtic players seem toired, so oi do, to be sure, to be sure." was his insight into this seemingly exciting spurned opportunity.

Surely there's someone better the BBC could get their hands on cheap?

It didn't get much better after the game either. I honestly don't think I've ever heard him talk about anything other than Celtic.

Seymour M Hersh
5 minutes ago, WDJ87 said:

It didn't get much better after the game either. I honestly don't think I've ever heard him talk about anything other than Celtic.

I dare say it was the same yesterday after the other cheek was beaten.

Philfigo

BBC coverage wither TV or Radio is a disgrace to all the other clubs. Only show in town for them is the Arseholes x2 and licking bell ends up of the absolute scum that they class as supporters. Sooner we don't have to pay for the privilege the better.

Benny Klack
4 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Same as Willie Miller. Bonner is entertaining at a Celtic defeat.

Post match Bonner was lovely on the way home.

Chefs kiss 😙 

tazhearts

Next time you listen to Bonnor count the number of times he says "from that perspective".  He literally ends every second sentence with those words!

Thomaso
24 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

For one reason or another (i.e. bad planning), I found myself forced to listen to the commentary over BBC Scotland online. Luckily I was doing some chores that involved hitting stuff so I was able to hit stuff with extra venom whenever Bonner, the walking Boner, spoke.

Prize among a plethora of shite being spoken was when Cammy was through and fed Tagawa. The main commentator, to be fair, tried to have a conversation about the options and whether Tagawa is just short on confidence etc. But, oh no, not for Packy Bonner (stupid name, stupid guy). "Oi tink de Celtic players seem toired, so oi do, to be sure, to be sure." was his insight into this seemingly exciting spurned opportunity.

Packi is tick as ****!

south morocco

The fact BBC Glasgow gives him a platform tells you everything 

8 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Same as Willie Miller. Bonner is entertaining at a Celtic defeat.

In fairness to Miller though, he would actually be able to name at least a few opposition players. At times you wonder whether Bonner could name any of the opposition players. I heard some of his comments after the game and it was all about Celtic this Celtic that and the VAR decisions. As I posted on another thread, you'd hardly know who Celtic had been playing against, let alone that we'd actually won the game.

21 minutes ago, WDJ87 said:

‘Cos he know **** all about anything other than Celtic.  Did he even know who they were playing today?

SwindonJambo
22 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

Pat  Bonner and a plethora of shite? Well I never. Glad I just followed the match thread, occasionally punctuated by BBC Radio 5 live updates from former Celtic TV presenter Connie McLoughlin.

But to continue re Bonner, I have no idea what he brings to the table or why there's any point in anyone employing him as a pundit. He is so one eyed and appears to have zero knowledge or interest in Scottish Football outside Celtic Park. Bin asap.

Psychedelicropcircle

Tbf biscuits was standing next to him & when the penalty was being decided biscuits was waving his hand about to his fellow JTs 

PHM.

ToadKiller Dog

The post match sportsound was hilarious , Gordon and Bonner convinced it wasn't a red ,then 30 mins later when they actualy saw the footage and Preston says definatly a red ,quick change from both of them.

Don't know who was hurting more Bonner or Gordon.

Dia Liom

For some reason the commentators hadn't seen any replays from VAR after the game. Rogers came on spewing and saying it was never a red. Bonnar didn't think it was a red, or a pen, from seeing it live, so was trying to push the hard luck story. Alan Preston found them a replay, I assume on his phone, and they all had to admit that it was a clear red. 

Dia Liom
5 minutes ago, ToadKiller Dog said:

The post match sportsound was hilarious , Gordon and Bonner convinced it wasn't a red ,then 30 mins later when they actualy saw the footage and Preston says definatly a red ,quick change from both of them.

😁👍

Pilmuir

I have this image of Bonner doing his punditry wearing his Celtic scarf. 

I P Knightley
23 minutes ago, ToadKiller Dog said:

That reminds me. He said something along the lines of it not having been a red "for me". "I've not seen a replay but it definitely wasn't a red for me." If not those words, very, very close.

neilnunb

At least Willie Miller covers other teams, not just Aberdeen games. Bonner, however, only ever commentates at Celtic games. Absolutely ridiculous.

It seems they might be trying to even things up with Kenny Miller being the Rangers cheerleader.

lost in space

Bonnar communicates at the same level as   Celtic supporters.

No point having an intelligent pundit who knows the names of the opposing team or who has an ndependent thought. They just couldn't cope.

Dalstonjambo

The article on the bbc sport website very similar 

The in-form Celtic winger got in behind the Hearts defender and was tripped, prompting referee Don Robertson's first big call of the day’

‘midway inside the Hearts half, Yang's elevated foot appeared to catch Cochrane's shoulder’

‘Iwata and team-mate Alistair Johnston leapt together with Stephen Kingsley and the ball appeared to strike Iwata's outstretched arm.’

Pravda was more subtle. Bitter bitter stuff. Article below 

Bitter Tim cries into Laptop

jamboozy

Him, Brenda or any other Celtic leaning prick couldn’t even bring themselves to say well done to Hearts. How the GBC don’t even get slightly embarrassed at using licence payers money to fund these fukwits is incomprehensible.

Des Lynam

I don't mind Bonner he's Celtic through and through and at least doesn't try to hide it. Richard Gordon on the other hand is right up there in my level hatred alongside Jeremy Vine as folk that make your skin crawl. 

i wish jj was my dad
1 hour ago, stirlo said:

In fairness to Miller though, he would actually be able to name at least a few opposition players. At times you wonder whether Bonner could name any of the opposition players. I heard some of his comments after the game and it was all about Celtic this Celtic that and the VAR decisions. As I posted on another thread, you'd hardly know who Celtic had been playing against, let alone that we'd actually won the game.

I didn't have the pleasure if hearing Bonner tonight but agree for all his faults, Willie the Ref at least knows something about other teams. I'm sure Pat is a nice chap but I don't see why he gets to follow his team at the expense of the licence payer. 

milky_26
1 hour ago, neilnunb said:

At least Willie Miller covers other teams, not just Aberdeen games. Bonner, however, only ever commentates at Celtic games. Absolutely ridiculous.

It seems they might be trying to even things up with Kenny Miller being the Rangers cheerleader.

what is worse is bonnar does no research into any of celtics opponents. he is there just to watch the team he supports and gets paid for it

Ricardo Quaresma

Rather watch a bookie animation than suffer that

Correct decision made over a decade ago

J.T.F.Robertson

Didn't partake of the BBC one but the Sky version had Ryan sitting alongside Neil and Kris as they used the game as a proxy for their Celtic and Rangers' preferences.

He had to be mentally rolling his eyes at the both of them.

Mikey1874
11 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

I don't mind Bonner he's Celtic through and through and at least doesn't try to hide it. Richard Gordon on the other hand is right up there in my level hatred alongside Jeremy Vine as folk that make your skin crawl. 

I do agree. He's at his best when things are going badly. I still remember him going after Ronny Deila. Doesn't hold back. I'm sure that's why the BBC keep him on. 

colinmorewasgash

I seem to remember that chick dung was retiring and gordon was leaving to do other things away from radio yet both came back why? Wullie it saves him from being in care home I suppose and packie are u allowed to say that now was always a tool as goalie nvr mind pundit. Its true im sure he wears his celtic scarf and tie as pundit at their games as does spongebob at hubs games but hes no biased he hates us beating his teams celtic and wee celtic. Kenny Miller is just orange faced and thick hibby whose now a blue nose.

Footballfirst
2 minutes ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

Didn't partake of the BBC one but the Sky version had Ryan sitting alongside Neil and Kris as they used the game as a proxy for their Celtic and Rangers' preferences.

He had to be mentally rolling his eyes at the both of them.

Gowser just sat with a big smile on his face as both the OF sycophants wittered on. 

john thomas
1 minute ago, colinmorewasgash said:

I seem to remember that chick dung was retiring and gordon was leaving to do other things away from radio yet both came back why? Wullie it saves him from being in care home I suppose and packie are u allowed to say that now was always a tool as goalie nvr mind pundit. Its true im sure he wears his celtic scarf and tie as pundit at their games as does spongebob at hubs games but hes no biased he hates us beating his teams celtic and wee celtic. Kenny Miller is just orange faced and thick hibby whose now a blue nose.

Miller was always a hun

skinnybob72

Boner last played for Tic 27 years ago, Miller last played for Aberdeen 34 years ago. What do these guys really bring to punditry in the game today? Surely there has to be players, much more recently retired, who could offer more than these guys? 

One thing on Sky really annoyed me. With 10 mins to go the commentator said "Celtic are leaving this late [to win]".

Excuse me? We were the better team by a good distance and it is a very unprofessional thing to say to Hearts.

The Real Maroonblood
2 hours ago, tazhearts said:

Next time you listen to Bonnor count the number of times he says "from that perspective".  He literally ends every second sentence with those words!

A bit like this muppet. 

Jim_Duncan
15 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

what is worse is bonnar does no research into any of celtics opponents. he is there just to watch the team he supports and gets paid for it

Bonner would struggle to name the eleven other teams in the league. 

Perhaps he never quite got over the 3-1 game at Tynie when George Wright scored. 

Malinga the Swinga

Commentator and pundit on Sportscene leaving no doubt as to where loyalties lie. Presume they have Celtic scarfs on whilst working 

Sigma One
4 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

A bit like this muppet. 

Don't know about that.  Thinking would be too hard for Charlie Nickerless :clyay:

Spellczech

Never understood how Bonner got the job - Retired from football and disappeared for about 20 years. Suddenly reappears as Celtic's main cheerleader on the BBC but he is so blinkered he only watches Celtic. He doesn't even know who the opposition are most weeks it seems...adds nothing insightful, yet he's had the gig for about 8 years now!

Gorgie_Rules

Had the displeasure of having to catch it on the radio today too, I couldn’t believe how Celtic centric the commentary and chat was between breaks in play was.

I’ve heard more balanced commentary on SPFL’s clubs online matchday channels.

The clowns that are on it are that entrenched in reporting/covering from an Old Firm point of view that it would be bizarre to them if it was pointed out, embarrassing stuff.

Edited by Gorgie_Rules

10 minutes ago, Ferryjambo99 said:

Who the hell is the wank on co coms on sportscene

I’d love to know it’s pure Celtic love in 

ToadKiller Dog
1 minute ago, Shooter McGavin said:

The weegie on Sportscene co-comms :gok:

Mark Wilson ex tic player .

Hope Packie Bonner enjoyed that today. You ****ing biased wankpiece.

Mikey1874

Neil McCann doesn't know the rules and directions from FIFA. Kick in face is a red card.

ToadKiller Dog
1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

Neil McCann doesn't know the rules and directions from FIFA. Kick in face is a red card.

Yep malice has nowt to do with it ,it was dangerous play ,head height studs showing , potential to cause  injury .

2 hours ago, I P Knightley said:

Could not agree more . The coverage is shite . Bonnar is a simpleton , and the Victim manager today gave zero credit to Hearts , just like the last twice we have beaten his teams 

The narrative today was always going to be about Celtic losing, rather than Hearts winning. Same as it was yesterday with Motherwell.