Brenda

neilnunb

dannymack
41 minutes ago, Canscot said:

Then explain how if you purport to be a good practicing Catholic, you can join the Freemasons, against the wishes of the Vatican?🤷‍♂️

Purport !!! FFS Canscot it's Kickback not University Challenge Oi ! Oi ! 

I don't need to explain anything. 

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dannymack

• Fozzyonthefence

• Sooks

• PortyBeach

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Canscot
1 hour ago, dannymack said:

😂😂😂

been here before
14 hours ago, dannymack said:

the Church of Rome. 

I cant read that without doing an Ian Paisley accent.

dannymack
1 hour ago, been here before said:

I cant read that without doing an Ian Paisley accent.

Just done it standing on a foot stool in the kitchen, finger pointing out the window... neighbour shouts back No Rome Rule in this scheme ! 😆 

She didn't. 

redjambo
7 hours ago, dannymack said:

Aye, let's dumb down everything. Purport is a perfectly crumulous word!

dannymack
20 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Aye, let's dumb down everything. Purport is a perfectly crumulous word!

I can't accept crumulous. 

colinmaroon
1 minute ago, dannymack said:

I can't accept crumulous. 

Croffles!!!

PortyBeach
On 04/04/2024 at 09:06, Canscot said:

Then explain how if you purport to be a good practicing Catholic, you can join the Freemasons, against the wishes of the Vatican?🤷‍♂️

With some difficulty, I suspect. Doesn’t mean to say it doesn’t happen, of course.
It won’t stop Ibrox telling the SFA you shouldn’t be allowed to officiate in any more matches involving their team, however…😊

Edited by PortyBeach

manaliveits105

Brenda at it again criticising Beaton for changing his decision on penalty 

it was a penalty 

Malinga the Swinga
Just now, manaliveits105 said:

Brenda at it again criticising Beaton for changing his decision on penalty 

it was a penalty 

It really wasn't. Beaton refused Shankland a fat more obvious one v Ross County when he was VAR official. Silva was already hitting the ground, as he had done numerous times earlier, before Celtic defender anywhere near him. 

Deevers
On 03/04/2024 at 21:39, PortyBeach said:

I remember we were in a similar position;

Whether ‘Red Card Saturday’ enters the Scottish football lexicon remains to be seen, but the combined actions of Beaton and Thomson at least brought back memories of a truly bizarre moment in Scottish football history.

One which still gets mentioned over 20 years later.

The day started innocently enough. Hearts, looking to kick-start an inconsistent opening four games to the 1996/97 season, travelled to a Rangers side hoping to keep up a 100 per cent record in their hope of capturing nine-in-a-row.

The visitors had a couple of early opportunities before Rangers cranked up the pressure and led 1-0 at half-time.
A minute into the second period Pasquale Bruno saw red for a second booking, which in itself wasn’t particularly unusual. Even in his short time in Scotland, the fiery Italian wasn’t a stranger to officials.
The latest infraction put his team at a serious disadvantage, which Rangers capitalised on when Paul Gascoigne doubled their lead, effectively ending Hearts’ chances.

Then Mr Gerry Evans took centre stage.

In the spell of seven incredible second half minutes, the referee produced not one, not two, but three additional red cards, leaving Hearts to play the final 23 minutes with seven men.”

©National World Publishing Ltd. All rights reserved.Cookie SettingsTerms and ConditionsPrivacy noticeModern Slavery Statement

Two of the red cards were at the behest of the linesman Graeme Allison. 

dannymack
43 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

It really wasn't. Beaton refused Shankland a fat more obvious one v Ross County when he was VAR official. Silva was already hitting the ground, as he had done numerous times earlier, before Celtic defender anywhere near him. 

According to the officials in charge it was a penalty to Rangers therefore I'm taking their word for it. 

joondalupjambo

All about decisions / thinking in the day.  The day Shanks was booked, when it was a penalty it wasn't given but today, with this incident it was a penalty.  Perfectly understandable, people can have different mindsets on different days 🤣🤣🤣

Fozzyonthefence
21 minutes ago, dannymack said:

According to the officials in charge it was a penalty to Rangers therefore I'm taking their word for it. 

You mean according to the Rangers fan who was refereeing the game. 

dannymack
1 minute ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

You mean according to the Rangers fan who was refereeing the game. 

I don't know if that's true or not, at the end of the day that horrible, disgusting lot didn't win the match. 

Fozzyonthefence
1 minute ago, dannymack said:

I don't know if that's true or not, at the end of the day that horrible, disgusting lot didn't win the match. 

Who?  The Huns?  Or Glasgow Celtic?  Correct though, neither of those vile, sectarian scumbags won which is a victory for the women and A&E up and down the country. 

PortyBeach
48 minutes ago, dannymack said:

I seem to remember Andy Davis calling for a penalty against Hearts at Tynecastle and the ref colluding with the suggestion.

Should we just have shut up and “taken their word” it was the correct decision?

Hmfc1965
On 04/04/2024 at 09:06, Canscot said:

If you purport to be a good practicing Catholic you can't join.

Whose fault is that?

dannymack
14 hours ago, PortyBeach said:

I seem to remember Andy Davis calling for a penalty against Hearts at Tynecastle and the ref colluding with the suggestion.

Should we just have shut up and “taken their word” it was the correct decision?

I seem to remember numerous incidents over the last 40 odd years involving Heart of Midlothian, Glasgow Rangers and that other horrible lot however yesterday's incident is what we're on about therefore if the referee called it a penalty then Its a penalty. 

dannymack
15 hours ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Who?  The Huns?  Or Glasgow Celtic?  Correct though, neither of those vile, sectarian scumbags won which is a victory for the women and A&E up and down the country. 

In my book it's the low life scumbags who use their matchday platform to promote their political agenda. 

Fozzyonthefence
49 minutes ago, dannymack said:

In my book it's the low life scumbags who use their matchday platform to promote their political agenda. 

That doesn’t really narrow it down, what you said could apply to either and definitely both are low life scum by and large (although I’ve never understood how the decent people among their fans can lower themselves to support such vile, bigoted institutions - by supporting them you’re basically condoning it in my book). 

Fozzyonthefence
57 minutes ago, dannymack said:

I seem to remember numerous incidents over the last 40 odd years involving Heart of Midlothian, Glasgow Rangers and that other horrible lot however yesterday's incident is what we're on about therefore if the referee called it a penalty then Its a penalty. 

Not really understanding the point you’re making - are you saying the referee’s decision is final so if he says penalty then it’s a penalty or do you mean a penalty to Rangers is always correct or just against Glasgow Celtic?  You seen more concerned about the Huns getting a penalty than Hearts. 

Of course just because the referee says it’s a penalty doesn’t mean it should have been.  The referee said the tackle on Forrest at home to Ross County wasn’t a penalty and the high boot on Boyce’s chest at Motherwell wasn’t a penalty so I guess they were ok too because the refs said so?

PortyBeach
3 hours ago, dannymack said:

A Government might pass a law saying it’s an offence to sneeze on a Sunday. In law, that would be the legally correct position.

However, most of us would consider this law to be flawed, and be prepared to challenge it accordingly.

So yes, Rangers were awarded a penalty. But that doesn’t mean the decision isn’t open to challenge on the grounds that the decision was flawed.

All things considered, I thought Beaton had a decent game. But in a match situation like this - where there is room for interpretation - it’s difficult to imagine Beaton doing anything other than choosing the option that favours his team.
The VAR had given him an opportunity to reverse his initial decision and he seized it.

I thought Michael Stewart’s reaction in commentary was priceless…

Fozzyonthefence
14 minutes ago, PortyBeach said:

A Government might pass a law saying it’s an offence to sneeze on a Sunday. In law, that would be the legally correct position.

However, most of us would consider this law to be flawed, and be prepared to challenge it accordingly.

So yes, Rangers were awarded a penalty. But that doesn’t mean the decision isn’t open to challenge on the grounds that the decision was flawed.

All things considered, I thought Beaton had a decent game. But in a match situation like this - where there is room for interpretation - it’s difficult to imagine Beaton doing anything other than choosing the option that favours his team.
The VAR had given him an opportunity to reverse his initial decision and he seized it.

I thought Michael Stewart’s reaction in commentary was priceless…

What was Stewart’s reaction?  

I didn’t see the game but didn’t Sutton accuse the Rangers player of cheating? 

Ron Burgundy

Look at the Celtic penalties recently at Tynie, diving cheating bassas. What goes around. Delighted they blew it.

dannymack
3 hours ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

That doesn’t really narrow it down, what you said could apply to either and definitely both are low life scum by and large (although I’ve never understood how the decent people among their fans can lower themselves to support such vile, bigoted institutions - by supporting them you’re basically condoning it in my book). 

That's unfair on the fans who support the club for football reasons and football reasons only, granted they are in a minority but one mustn't tarnish everyone with the same brush. 

Look at the absolute nick of the handful of Hearts fans on Saturday who were standing on the staircase who were more interested in mocking the steward and shouting absolute alcohol fuelled nonsense when they took the time to watch the game, please don't relate that embarrassing lot with me. 

Fozzyonthefence
2 minutes ago, dannymack said:

That's unfair on the fans who support the club for football reasons and football reasons only, granted they are in a minority but one mustn't tarnish everyone with the same brush. 

That’s why I said “by and large”.  I’m struggling to see how anyone can support either of them for football reasons though, given what they both stand for.  Sooner they both **** off to another league the better. 

PortyBeach
1 hour ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

What was Stewart’s reaction?  

I didn’t see the game but didn’t Sutton accuse the Rangers player of cheating? 

Stewart was adamant that the Celtic defender “won the ball” and that the players had a “coming together” after the immediate challenge.

He queried why, in the circumstances, it was deemed necessary for a VAR check, and when Beaton strode purposefully back onto the pitch Stewart said: “…beyond belief, he’s going to give a penalty kick here”.

He’d already commented on an earlier incident involving Silva saying he didn’t think the “triple salco was necessary…” 🤣

Edited by PortyBeach

Ex member of the SaS
9 minutes ago, PortyBeach said:

Stewart was adamant that the Celtic defender “won the ball” and that the players had a “coming together” after the immediate challenge.

He queried why, in the circumstances, it was deemed necessary for a VAR check, and when Beaton strode purposefully back onto the pitch Stewart said: “…beyond belief, he’s going to give a penalty kick here”.

He’d already commented on an earlier incident involving Silva saying he didn’t think the “triple salco was necessary…” 🤣

In a way Stewart had a point, This has also done us over before. What I am talking about is the fact the VaR that the ref viewed did not show the whole event and only showed the contact between the players. Had VaR showed the whole incident then the ref would have seen the player's foot contact with the ball, making the situation completely different from what the ref watched on screen. VaR has a habit of cropping the view given to the ref thus giving a completely different scenario to that what actually happened. Would the ref have changed his mind if he had been shown the contact with the ball? Who knows but it is still a problem with VaR.

132goals1958
41 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

That’s why I said “by and large”.  I’m struggling to see how anyone can support either of them for football reasons though, given what they both stand for.  Sooner they both **** off to another league the better. 

See where you’re coming from. The length and breadth of the country from the Auchenshoogle Loyal to St Patrick’s CSC spells out a rather dismal state of affairs.( just what came to mind but an accurate description nevertheless)

PortyBeach
4 hours ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

In a way Stewart had a point, This has also done us over before. What I am talking about is the fact the VaR that the ref viewed did not show the whole event and only showed the contact between the players. Had VaR showed the whole incident then the ref would have seen the player's foot contact with the ball, making the situation completely different from what the ref watched on screen. VaR has a habit of cropping the view given to the ref thus giving a completely different scenario to that what actually happened. Would the ref have changed his mind if he had been shown the contact with the ball? Who knows but it is still a problem with VaR.

Good point. It does beg questions over how video reviews are used and how as a result they can have what can be a significant impact on the outcome of games.
Especially where there are partisan interests involved…

Fozzyonthefence
5 hours ago, PortyBeach said:

👍

Go for it 1308
5 hours ago, PortyBeach said:

Stewart was correct on both points

PortyBeach
11 hours ago, dannymack said:

Edited by PortyBeach

On 03/04/2024 at 21:21, PortyBeach said:

I’ve heard Willie Collum has joined the craft. It makes sense: you don’t seemingly progress as a ref in Scotland if you’re not part of the Lanarkshire Referees’ Association (LRA) and you don’t get on within the LRA if you’re not a Freemason…

Evidence please regarding.

A.

The shite you have posted about Willue Collum

B.

That you're a Hearts suppirter

JDK2020
11 hours ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

How far do you take that statement?

Let's not get all holier than thou here.

Maybe you forget when Hearts fans loudly booed a silence for a pope dying. Then there was the mass banana-throwing at Mark Walters.

I assume you still support Hearts - do you basically condone those episodes. 

PortyBeach
22 minutes ago, Ked said:

Evidence please regarding.

A.

The shite you have posted about Willue Collum

B.

That you're a Hearts suppirter

Well, thanks for your politeness in saying “please”.

What “evidence” is required to prove I’m a Hearts fan?

I don’t have “evidence” about Collum I can share here. I’ve never stated I know for a fact Collum is a Freemason but I’ve been told this from a source I trust.

What I find interesting is why you appear to find it disturbing that I might be right: that Catholic Collum might have joined the Masons? 

VALDOS'

Celtic seeking clarification on the penalty VAR angles is laughable, you can change the angles all day, the guy still tackled high and made contact, the theatrical fall to the floor is irrelevant unfortunately for them.

Maybe Brendan needs to focus on how and why his side made an absolute rip-roaring ***** of a game they should have put to bed. Any word on the length of the grass....

Fozzyonthefence
14 minutes ago, JDK2020 said:

Maybe you forget when Hearts fans loudly booed a silence for a pope dying. Then there was the mass banana-throwing at Mark Walters.

What a ridiculous bit of whataboutery there from a so called Hearts fan bringing up incidents from decades ago, almost 40 years ago in one case.  You seem a bit touchy hun?

Edited by Fozzyonthefence

1 hour ago, PortyBeach said:

Well, thanks for your politeness in saying “please”.

What “evidence” is required to prove I’m a Hearts fan?

I don’t have “evidence” about Collum I can share here. I’ve never stated I know for a fact Collum is a Freemason but I’ve been told this from a source I trust.

What I find interesting is why you appear to find it disturbing that I might be right: that Catholic Collum might have joined the Masons? 

I am only disturbed in so much asvi might be bt the smell of shite.

Slightly annoying but dismissed after a few seconds.

I bid you goodnight.

3 hours ago, PortyBeach said:

Good point. It does beg questions over how video reviews are used and how as a result they can have what can be a significant impact on the outcome of games.
Especially where there are partisan interests involved…

Mmmmmm

Partisan you say

1 hour ago, JDK2020 said:

There should never have been a silence for the pope dying at a football match between Celtic and Hearts 

brownkg
1 hour ago, JDK2020 said:

Whilst not condoning the simpleton Hearts fans who were suckered into booing it was engineered by CFC  a fortnight after the event.
As to the disgraceful actions re mark Walters I know we have moved on in the past 30 years whereas the gruesome twosome base their whole business model on so called religious matters dating back HUNDREDS of years ago.

JDK2020
45 minutes ago, Sooks said:

There should never have been a silence for the pope dying at a football match between Celtic and Hearts 

But there was and it was disrespected.

John Findlay
12 hours ago, JDK2020 said:

How far would you like to go back?

The Walters incident happened in the 1980s, for your information the Celtic support did it to him at Celtic Park, before he came to Tynecastle.

The booing of the silence at the death of the Pope was a Scottish Cup Semi Final in 2005. This was stupidly agreed to by the SFA after they received a letter from the leader of the Celtic supporters association requesting one.

Where these actions by Hearts supporters correct at the time? No.

Can you tell me how many times the Hearts support have been fined by Uefa for displaying offensive and downright crude banners at European games?

If you want to play a game of Whataboutery then compared to Hearts the two ugly sisters from the West and their sycophants are on a hiding to nothing.

Fozzyonthefence
11 hours ago, JDK2020 said:

But there was and it was disrespected.

Why are you even dragging that up?  That’s the kind of whataboutery Rangers or Celtic fans would drag up to try to exuse their own disgusting behaviour.  

The Mark Walters incident was a disgrace but it was nearly 40 years ago.  Times have changed and that wouldn’t happen now.  But times haven’t changed for OF fans, they’re still the same disgrace they’ve always been and let themselves down on a weekly basis.  The Pope booing was also cringe but nearly 20 years ago and Hearts were thrown under a bus that day (had Rangers been forced to have a minute’s silence that same weekend the Hearts fans booing wouldn’t even have made the headlines!).  

But you carry on making excuses for the OF bigots if feel you must.