Leil Abada and the Scottish football media.

GinRummy

Sub4TiddlerMurray
5 minutes ago, Smithian said:

Everyone knows exactly why Israel plays in UEFA. You know the Asian football federation expelled them and you know why.

What point are you trying to make? Or did you not know they were expelled over their objections?

see previous post 

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sub4TiddlerMurray

• hughesie27

• The Hogfather

• jamboinglasgow

Bill Bones
On 02/03/2024 at 20:36, Dunks said:

Nothing wrong with Celtic fans supporting Palestine. 

Nothing wrong with Abada not wanting to play for Celtic.

Nothing story.

spot on

He Who Cannot Be Named
3 hours ago, HMFC 86 said:

Arsehole post…you’d be more at home at Parkhead no

Are you a fan of Zionism?

mitch41

The game on Sunday had just started and the Celtic fans started an IRA song.

Could the link that the media ignores be the supply of from certain Arab

organisations /countries that supplied arms to the IRA. 

Time to ban politics and religion from football grounds.

Make clubs close sections of their stadiums.

Inform clubs that if their fans continue with misbehaviour of any kind 

at away grounds their allocation of tickets will be reduced or even stopped.

Make the point that The Scottish Football Association and the Scottish Football Leagues are united and are signed up to this cause of ending the disease that has infected our game for far too long.

If and when there are clubs owners, football fans, newspapers, politicians or personality’s come out against these measures then let them be outed and shamed. 
Oh this will never happen I accept that and it’s a shame our kids, youngsters and future of our game will never be free from the hate that is in our game.

Spellczech
1 hour ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

That’s really interesting jamboinglasgow. I had always assumed it was at Israel’s behest but clearly it was a because of a boycott.

Point stands that politics were at play 

Interesting that you made that assumption, when I made the exact opposite assumption. But then, I was not basing my assumption on prejudice...

Sub4TiddlerMurray
35 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Interesting that you made that assumption, when I made the exact opposite assumption. But then, I was not basing my assumption on prejudice...

Here’s me thinking you were making good points.

Your implication is that you are accusing me of prejudice. That is not only wrong but outrageous given the subject matter. 

il Duce McTarkin

Is it ok to hate Jews AND the green brigade?

:(

WheatfieldWarrior
7 hours ago, John Findlay said:

I suggest you look at an Atlas.

The reason they play football in Europe is that their safety of players and staff cannot be guaranteed in Arab countries.

It isn't just about safety - Israeli citizens simply aren't allowed in to most of the countries surrounding them.  It just isn't practical to do it any other way given the politics of the region.

Visa requirements for Israeli citizens - Wikipedia

Edited by WheatfieldWarrior

Spellczech
8 hours ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

Here’s me thinking you were making good points.

Your implication is that you are accusing me of prejudice. That is not only wrong but outrageous given the subject matter. 

Well you know, if the shoe fits...

You are loudly supporting the Green Brigade who opted to support the Palestinian cause who just happened to train and divert weapons to their favourite Irish freedom fighters. I didn't see the Green Brigade support Israel in the immediate aftermath of 7th October...Nope they only got the banners out after the Israeli response.

People who pick sides in this manner tend to be prejudiced in my experience...

If I had been you I'd have made sure I understood the history of that region before I gave support so vocally to one side or the other, let alone the Green Brigade (as I'd hope you'd at least know their leanings)...

Edited by Spellczech

Jim_Duncan
8 hours ago, il Duce McTarkin said:

Is it ok to hate Jews AND the green brigade?

:(

Hershel Goldman, Green Brigade treasurer, says, “יאָ”.

Sub4TiddlerMurray
1 hour ago, Spellczech said:

Well you know, if the shoe fits...

You are loudly supporting the Green Brigade who opted to support the Palestinian cause who just happened to train and divert weapons to their favourite Irish freedom fighters. I didn't see the Green Brigade support Israel in the immediate aftermath of 7th October...Nope they only got the banners out after the Israeli response.

People who pick sides in this manner tend to be prejudiced in my experience...

If I had been you I'd have made sure I understood the history of that region before I gave support so vocally to one side or the other, let alone the Green Brigade (as I'd hope you'd at least know their leanings)...

Such an arrogant and callous response. To you it’s about picking sides. Me, it’s about basic humanity and being affected watching the bombs drop on 30,000 innocent civilians.

The highlighted paragraph is a textbook example of pre-judgment where you just assume anyone with a different view to you is prejudiced.

And I’m fairly confident from your responses that I know a lot more about the history of Israel and Palestine than you do thanks very much

Gundermann
15 hours ago, John Findlay said:

I suggest you look at an Atlas.

The reason they play football in Europe is that their safety of players and staff cannot be guaranteed in Arab countries.

I will repeat this and nauseum 

There are no good guys in the middle east.

Israel are in the wrong, and so are the Arab states that want to wipe Israel off the face of the earth.

No winners, only losers.

As for the Green Brigade, your damn right they support Hamas. If, you think otherwise then you are very naive or stupid, or perhaps even both.

He was right though when he said the reason was political. 

Gundermann
20 minutes ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

Such an arrogant and callous response. To you it’s about picking sides. Me, it’s about basic humanity and being affected watching the bombs drop on 30,000 innocent civilians.

The highlighted paragraph is a textbook example of pre-judgment where you just assume anyone with a different view to you is prejudiced.

And I’m fairly confident from your responses that I know a lot more about the history of Israel an Palestine than you do thanks very much

:spoton:

il Duce McTarkin
7 hours ago, Jim_Duncan said:

Hershel Goldman, Green Brigade treasurer, says, “יאָ”.

I'm just glad that we've got the green brigade and the Kickback Fifth Column to keep the rest of our moral compasses straight.

Jim_Duncan
1 hour ago, il Duce McTarkin said:

I'm just glad that we've got the green brigade and the Kickback Fifth Column to keep the rest of our moral compasses straight.

Jhambos Khickbhack 😶‍🌫️

Spellczech
8 hours ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

And I’m fairly confident from your responses that I know a lot more about the history of Israel and Palestine than you do thanks very much

I don't have a view on the Israel/Palestine. It is their problem and I sure cannot fix it for them...Keeping out of other people's arguments is neither callous nor arrogant. I would say it is arrogant to take sides based on a limited understanding of the problem though...

I was merely observing that you appeared to have taken a side but don't appear to have much knowledge of the situation...

Sub4TiddlerMurray
4 hours ago, Spellczech said:

I was merely observing that you appeared to have taken a side but don't appear to have much knowledge of the situation...

To repeat, I don’t take sides. That’s intellectually lazy. But, sadly, that’s the way a lot of people choose to look at complex situations. Making snap assumptions about others who think differently, and mocking them for what you imagine or project their weakness to be, doesn’t make you correct or smart. Quite the opposite.

l am, however appalled by the capacity human beings have for cruelty and the ease with which they can order the bombing of innocent people. No matter what their belief system is.