manager go round at Kaunas

The Wicker Man

The Wicker Man

http://www.theherald.co.uk/sport/football/display.var.2403369.0.Kaunas_replace_manager.php

FBK Kaunas, Rangers' likely Champions League opponents, have been thrown into turmoil after replacing their manager.

The Lithuanian side, owned by Vladimir Romanov, Hearts' majority shareholder, have demoted Andrei Zygmantovich just two weeks before they are scheduled to face Walter Smith's men.

Jose Couceiro, the former Porto coach, will be the new man in the dugout and, should the Lithuanian side protect their 4-1 first-leg lead against Santa Coloma, will lead Kaunas to Ibrox.

Belarussian Zygmantovich had been unable to coach Kaunas in Europe officially as he lacked the requisite licence, with his assistant Arturas Ramoska taking official command.

Couceiro, the 45-year-old former Belenenses, Porto, Vitoria Guimaraes, Alverca and Portugal under-21 coach, arrives in Lithuania with his new side defending a healthy lead in their UEFA Champions League first qualifying round tie against the Andorrans.

The victors, following the second leg on Tuesday, will face last season's beaten UEFA Cup finalists in the second qualifying round.

Despite the arrival of the new coach, both Zygmantovich and Ramoska will remain on the coaching staff at the Lithuanian club.

Rangers are set to wel- come the Baltic club to Glasgow for the opening leg of their tie on July 30, leaving Couceiro just 11 days to prepare his side for the encounter.

Belarussian Zygmantovich had been unable to coach Kaunas in Europe officially as he lacked the requisite licence, with his assistant Arturas Ramoska taking official command.

so he wasn't allowed to be the official coach anyway and romanov managed to get a Portuguese man in who can coach the side......

Zygmantovich is still around......

Turmoil? sounds like Zygmantovich was always going to be just a coach as he doesn't have his licence.....

Commander Harris

what a strange slant. :confused:

Kaunas get in a manager, who is being heralded(no pun intended) as a milestone in a possible revolution for Lithuanian football and the Herald see this as FBK being thrown into turmoil?

Kaunas get in a manager, who is being heralded(no pun intended) as a milestone in a possible revolution for Lithuanian football and the Herald see this as FBK being thrown into turmoil?

I'm guessing they think in their infinite wisdom that it might make HEARTS (the glorious) look a little bad. But guess what? no we still progress.

Gorgie rules

Did you see his managerial record on the other thread on him?

If he is going to cause a revolution it would seem likely to be one of the smashed windows, baying crowd at the gate, guillotines variety ...

Anyway, looking forward to seeing him with the scarf above his head at Tynecastle.

Orkneyjambo

It's nice to know though that there is a decent replacement in the pyramid for when Vlad gets fed up of Csaba speaking to the press and gaining a following.

However, it might depend on whether the guy at Kaunas gets sacked first - ie before November

i hope this guy has kaunus running rings round rangers, nothing would make me happier plus.....would end up seeing a few of kaunus players through at riccarton.

Hardly turmoil....

Other possible headlines

Kaunas bring in experienced coach

Kaunas land licensed coach

Vlad strangthens Kaunas back room

How dare Vlad sign qualified coach before rangers match

He sounds like the Portuguese version of Jim Duffy tbh, really hope we don't end up seeing him at Hearts any time soon.

Drylaw Hearts
It's nice to know though that there is a decent replacement in the pyramid for when Vlad gets fed up of Csaba speaking to the press and gaining a following.

However, it might depend on whether the guy at Kaunas gets sacked first - ie before November

His career record indicates he's anything but a decent Manager.

Infact if he was such a good Coach/Manager I'd suspect he'd have been appointed over Csaba.

Commander Harris

If he is going to cause a revolution it would seem likely to be one of the smashed windows, baying crowd at the gate, guillotines variety ...

Anyway, looking forward to seeing him with the scarf above his head at Tynecastle.

I have no opinion on him, I'm just going on the reaction from our lithuanian posters who have suggested this could be the start of a shift in lithuanian football.

I didn't say he would achieve this, simply that his appointment has had this reaction.

Guy has been either sacked our hounded out of rvery team he has been in charge of including the portugese under 21 team think i would rather stick with Laszlo

rumbles1874

glad to see vlad can appoint a manger to them straight away but we wait 6months anyway no hearts to not giving a ******

No offence but he does have a better pedegree than Csaba.

BTW the headline is quite idiotic :confused:

glad to see vlad can appoint a manger to them straight away but we wait 6months anyway no hearts to not giving a ******

How do you know that he was apointed staight away? From what I understand the negotiations were quite long. Plus Kaunas has a manager before him.

Archived