Frankie Kent

Jim Panzee

AC Mallin_51

After such a fantastic 8/9 weeks I’m not starting to feel ready for this season to be over. Hopefully get 3rd wrapped up as soon as possible. Anything in the cup is a bonus, just hopefully Aberdeen, killie or Hibs don’t win it and steal that euro spot 

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soonbe110

• Pasquale for King

• Chuck Berry

• feej

Pans Jambo

He's a massive miss for us.

Apart from that, I know the rule is that a player must go off the pitch immediately after receiving treatment but if FK was NOT going to come back on as he was evaluating his injury at the pitch-side, it would mean that the player with a leg/knee injury would need to walk from the Wheatfield touchline, round to the Gorgie and along to the main-stand to reach the tunnel. With an injury!

Jeremy Goss

Feels like a bad turning point here in the season after such a good run.

Damage limitation against Celtic and regroup for Morton.

Hopefully we see our injured players back in the next few weeks especially Halkett and Kent.

neilnunb

You know Hearts...once one injury crisis eases, another one starts. 😐

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Shame done well for us, thought he was poor for the goal though in truth Wednesday.

Someone elses chance, hopefully they take it.

Scott Leitch

Had his scan and out 2 to 3 weeks. Could have been far worse!

47 minutes ago, Rods said:

With Kent being injured along with Halkett I only see us going to a back 3 in the period FK is out 

Sibbick , Kingsley Rowles 

Terrifying thought. We'll be absolutely leaking from aerial balls again 😱

1 minute ago, Taffin said:

Terrifying thought. We'll be absolutely leaking from aerial balls again 😱

Got Idah scoring a header unmarked from a free kick inside the first 10 mins written all over it

This is probably more desperation than anything , but sometimes when we are the severe underdog and players who have not been great are called up due to injury , something just clicks …….. anyone ? No ………… :( 

jamboinglasgow
7 minutes ago, Scott Leitch said:

If that is true then thats good news. Especially with the fact there is an international break, so would mean missing Celtic and Morton and possibly Ross County but back in plenty time for Kilmarnock.

I do think we will see Kingsley and Rowles together, I do think Kingsley can step up to be a leader at the back.

karipidis

Basically relying on the defence who threw away 3rd last season with no Halkett or Kent. Dexter has to come in for Natty. 

Kent at the Oriam today, walking on crutches, knee in brace. Imagine a month minimum 

...andFulton'sBaggio

What's Andy Thorn doing these days? 😂

pettigrewsstylist
12 minutes ago, Scott Leitch said:

Great news tbh.

pettigrewsstylist
1 minute ago, karipidis said:

Basically relying on the defence who threw away 3rd last season with no Halkett or Kent. Dexter has to come in for Natty. 

Kent at the Oriam today, walking on crutches, knee in brace. Imagine a month minimum 

We are a year on. Big moment coming up for Rowles and Sibbick.

A_A wehatethehibs
6 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Shame done well for us, thought he was poor for the goal though in truth Wednesday.

Someone elses chance, hopefully they take it.

There’s nobody else. Frankie has carried this team and this manager on his back if we’re being honest. He has to be worth at least 20 of our points return to date. A big miss. 

Nelly Terraces
25 minutes ago, Scott Leitch said:

This is Hearts so you can probably treble that length of time.

jr ewing
14 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

We are a year on. Big moment coming up for Rowles and Sibbick.

Rowles and Kingsley. 

jamboinglasgow
1 minute ago, GBJambo said:

Got to recall Neilson 

You cant recall a player outwith the transfer window unfortunately.

Fozzyonthefence
22 minutes ago, karipidis said:

I said this on the Halkett thread but if we’re having to choose our CB’s again from Sibbick, Rowles, Kingsley or Cochrane then we already know they’re not up to it and can’t deal with crosses.  Every team in the league will know this.  And with Atkinson or Dexter at RB there will be plenty of crosses coming in from that side!

Fozzyonthefence
9 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Rowles and Kingsley. 

Too easy to bully, I think we’d need to go back to back 3 for games where no Halkett or Kent. 

4 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Too easy to bully, I think we’d need to go back to back 3 for games where no Halkett or Kent. 

Be worried if we go with two left footed centre backs. I think Toby has to play to provide balance.

soonbe110
50 minutes ago, Scott Leitch said:

So, sure to be back for Killie at end of March.  Biggest game left this season potentially 

soonbe110
15 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

I said this on the Halkett thread but if we’re having to choose our CB’s again from Sibbick, Rowles, Kingsley or Cochrane then we already know they’re not up to it and can’t deal with crosses.  Every team in the league will know this.  And with Atkinson or Dexter at RB there will be plenty of crosses coming in from that side!

We are only going to play two teams in the league before he returns.  Dingwall will be a challenge for us though as they have a few giants up front. 

Chuck Berry
55 minutes ago, Scott Leitch said:

If that's true, it's good news.  Back after the international break.

kingantti1874
11 minutes ago, feej said:

Be worried if we go with two left footed centre backs. I think Toby has to play to provide balance.

it’s funny that.  Wouldn’t bat an eyelid if it was 2 right footed centre backs would ya.

i agree with you btw.  Feels weird 

Chuck Berry
3 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

We are only going to play two teams in the league before he returns.  Dingwall will be a challenge for us though as they have a few giants up front. 

Just Ross County.

hearts00
23 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Yes don’t want to panic but we are in trouble I suspect.

hearts00
1 hour ago, Scott Leitch said:

Halks or Kent?

AC Mallin_51

Tbf when we beat Celtic 4-0 didn’t we have a centre half pairing of Bauben and Smith? 🤣🫣

wavydavy
22 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

It certainly didn’t look like a bang on the knee either. He got his studs stuck and went over really awkward on his knee.

He blocked a shot which hit him directly on the leg not sure if it was his knee. He then made a challenge shortly after and went down raising his arm to the bench.

We had used all our permitted subs which is why he stayed on I think but not sure if that was a good idea.

Very brave of him and it didn't help when he came back on and Pollock passed the ball straight to him and he had to hit the ball with his injured leg and it looked painful for him.

He will be a big miss almost as important as Shankland.

Fozzyonthefence
17 minutes ago, feej said:

Nah, not any different from playing two righted footed CBs (which we used to do most of the time).  My issue is that none of them are much good at heading a ball.

wavydavy
9 minutes ago, Chuck Berry said:

If that's true, it's good news.  Back after the international break.

Lets face it we all kinow that 2/3 weeks really means a couple of months.

Fozzyonthefence
1 minute ago, AC Mallin_51 said:

Tbf when we beat Celtic 4-0 didn’t we have a centre half pairing of Bauben and Smith? 🤣🫣

No, think we played 3 at the back that day, could be wrong.  Smith definitely one of them but not Bauben I don’t think.

gordiegords

Sibbick kingsley Rowles 

gonna be a long afternoon

Fozzyonthefence
3 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

He blocked a shot which hit him directly on the leg not sure if it was his knee. He then made a challenge shortly after and went down raising his arm to the bench.

We had used all our permitted subs which is why he stayed on I think but not sure if that was a good idea.

Very brave of him and it didn't help when he came back on and Pollock passed the ball straight to him and he had to hit the ball with his injured leg and it looked painful for him.

We actually replaced Cochrane after Kent got injured. 

4 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

it’s funny that.  Wouldn’t bat an eyelid if it was 2 right footed centre backs would ya.

i agree with you btw.  Feels weird 

I know, it's weird. When you watch Kingsley and Rowles the right foot is just to stand on so I think we need Toby in there.

Suppose we'll just have to see what he goes with, a 3 or a 4. Gutted that we seem to lose big players at crucial times.

We've got a great advantage in 3rd and that should be commended.

4 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

No, think we played 3 at the back that day, could be wrong.  Smith definitely one of them but not Bauben I don’t think.

4 at the back. Smith and Berra with Randall and Brandon at full back!

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/where-are-they-now-the-hearts-team-who-defeated-celtic-4-0-to-end-their-69-game-unbeaten-run-4130997

jambogirlglasgow
1 hour ago, Chimp said:

Got Idah scoring a header unmarked from a free kick inside the first 10 mins written all over it

Two minutes

19 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Nah, not any different from playing two righted footed CBs (which we used to do most of the time).  My issue is that none of them are much good at heading a ball.

I get what your saying and don't disagree but I think it looks awkward and may dictate how we move the ball. 

I do worry about the arial ability as they seem to have this lad that is good in the air.

We'll see what he comes up with as a fix on Sunday.

Edited by feej

hmfc_liam06
17 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

No we hadn’t. We made a double change after Kent got injured.

Pasquale for King
54 minutes ago, feej said:

Did you say that when Halkett and Souttar played together in a back 4? It’s unusual but shouldn’t be an issue. Toby likely to return anyway in a back 3. 
Sorry, saw you’ve answered this. 

Edited by Pasquale for King

Bunny Munro

As others have said, very naive from Naismith. The Fraser sub should have been made a half time to give us an extra subbing opportunity, and Cochrane should not have been taken off when Kent went down.

I don't like Sibbick or Rowles in a back 4. I'd play both with Kingsley in the middle. 

Pasquale for King
26 minutes ago, Craig_ said:

Tactically spot on, pressed them into mistakes to keep the ball away from that defence. 

Chuck Berry
34 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Lets face it we all kinow that 2/3 weeks really means a couple of months.

Don't say that.....

innerjambo

Worth bearing in mind that Hearts 2-3 weeks out, is normally 6-7 weeks in reality.

allystrachan
58 minutes ago, feej said:

I’d 100% rather Rowles & Kingsley in the middle with 2 left feet each, over Sibbick. If Sibbick is in the middle, someone needs to make sure he keeps everything simple! 

As soon as he starts thinking he’s special he makes a mess of it! 

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Did you say that when Halkett and Souttar played together in a back 4? It’s unusual but shouldn’t be an issue. Toby likely to return anyway in a back 3. 

No didn't think it was an issue, Souttar predominantly right footed but quite comfortable using his left as far as I can remember.

I'm just giving my thoughts having watched them both and thinking how they would play together as pairing. Be  interested in seeing Naisy's plan for Sunday. Agree, I think Toby will be starting in the defence on Sunday.

Pasquale for King
Just now, feej said:

No didn't think it was an issue, Souttar predominantly right footed but quite comfortable using his left as far as I can remember.

I'm just giving my thoughts having watched them both and thinking how they would play together as pairing. Be  interested in seeing Naisy's plan for Sunday. Agree, I think Toby will be starting in the defence on Sunday.

He never used his left foot EVER, and Halkett played on the left of him, more revisionism about a guy that had one assist in 6 years and didn’t manage to play 20 games on the trot.
Wouldn’t swap him for Kent tbh.