Frankie Kent

Jim Panzee

Batistuta87
1 minute ago, HopeDiouf said:

Agree player (esp Kent) not gonna want to go off.  He was probably playing it down to physio tbf.  But for me, should've been taken off when he first went down was clear his knee wasn't right and trying to play on only risking making it even worse.  I say this as someone who's tried to play on with what turned out to be a cracked kneecap.  It didn't end well 🙃

Its exactly what he did - he even ran away from them lol, they had a hold of him and were walking him up the touchline but he sort of shook them off and ran as if to show them he was fine. Don't think he really gave up until he tried to pass the ball and felt a tweak. Hopefully nothing serious - he's been a tremendous addition to our defence. 

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soonbe110

• Pasquale for King

• Chuck Berry

• feej

Just now, Batistuta87 said:

His passing is OK, I just wish he would drive out from the back more. Often there's 15-20yd spaces in front of him and rather than drive into it and push the midfield forward like Souttar did he'll pass it sideways. I miss Sibbick's diagonal passing but that's about all I miss about him right now.

It's passable in my book at least.  

Re Sibbick, that one assist for Smith's goal aside I can't remember many brilliant diagonals. Not enough to notice that's a big strength in his game anyway.

soonbe110
5 minutes ago, Chimp said:

I actually think for a CB his distribution is decent. Quite impressed by it actually.

No point comparing him to Souttar, not many CB's have his quality on the ball at our level.

Rarely finds a team mate if the pass is any longer than 20 yards. 

HopeDiouf
1 minute ago, Batistuta87 said:

Its exactly what he did - he even ran away from them lol, they had a hold of him and were walking him up the touchline but he sort of shook them off and ran as if to show them he was fine. Don't think he really gave up until he tried to pass the ball and felt a tweak. Hopefully nothing serious - he's been a tremendous addition to our defence. 

yeah hopefully just a tweaked ligament.  Think he'll be out a few weeks absolute minimum tho.

soonbe110
11 minutes ago, Scott Leitch said:

He left in a brace last night. Getting a scan today or tomorrow. 

Hopefully just precautionary.   

Just now, soonbe110 said:

Rarely finds a team mate if the pass is any longer than 20 yards. 

I'm not too fussed for my CB's to be pinging long balls around the park anyway tbh. 

soonbe110
1 minute ago, Chimp said:

I'm not too fussed for my CB's to be pinging long balls around the park anyway tbh. 

Neither am I.   Just wish he would stop trying them and retain possession rather than just thumping it up the park to the opposition defence. 

Fozzyonthefence
4 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Hopefully just precautionary.   

Fingers crossed.  If Kent and Halkett are out together for a while we’re ****ed.  No dominating CB so probably Rowles and Kingsley if a back 4 (alternative is Sibbick unless I’m forgetting anyone) and Sibbick added to them in a back 3.  Added to that we have a choice of Atkinson / Dexter / Sibbick at RB.  That’s a terrifying prospect - Gordon might just say “you’re alright, I’ll stay on the bench, good luck with that Zander!”. 

Batistuta87
13 minutes ago, Chimp said:

It's passable in my book at least.  

Re Sibbick, that one assist for Smith's goal aside I can't remember many brilliant diagonals. Not enough to notice that's a big strength in his game anyway.

Where I sit Cochrane is often right in front of me with both hands in the air looking for the diagonal, and Sibbick often delivered it. Not so much this season obviously but he did it a lot last season. I think v Aberdeen or someone like that I counted him doing it five times in one half, and it landed on Cochrane's chest every single time. So much so that I was amazed that Aberdeen weren't reading it and weren't doing anything about it. Kent is brilliant at the back but when he's passing out he rarely passes to someone more than one position away from him - so he passes to RB or LCB, rarely bypassing the LCB himself to pass to the LB. 

HopeDiouf
Just now, Batistuta87 said:

Where I sit Cochrane is often right in front of me with both hands in the air looking for the diagonal, and Sibbick often delivered it. Not so much this season obviously but he did it a lot last season. I think v Aberdeen or someone like that I counted him doing it five times in one half, and it landed on Cochrane's chest every single time. So much so that I was amazed that Aberdeen weren't reading it and weren't doing anything about it. Kent is brilliant at the back but when he's passing out he rarely passes to someone more than one position away from him - so he passes to RB or LCB, rarely bypassing the LCB himself to pass to the LB. 

tbf to Kent, I think he really stood out as struggling on the ball when he initially arrived.  Less so now.  Is getting up to speed of touch/pass gradually.  Don't think he'll ever be one to be spraying passes around tho

Batistuta87
Just now, HopeDiouf said:

tbf to Kent, I think he really stood out as struggling on the ball when he initially arrived.  Less so now.  Is getting up to speed of touch/pass gradually.  Don't think he'll ever be one to be spraying passes around tho

Yeah he did improve on it very quickly to be fair. I think he's great - there are just a few things he could add to get to the next level. 

I'm actually quite looking forward to getting Neilson back and seeing if he can plug that wee "driving out from the back" gap that Souttar has left. 

HopeDiouf
1 minute ago, Batistuta87 said:

Yeah he did improve on it very quickly to be fair. I think he's great - there are just a few things he could add to get to the next level. 

I'm actually quite looking forward to getting Neilson back and seeing if he can plug that wee "driving out from the back" gap that Souttar has left. 

yes, high hopes for Neilson, if he's learned to defend properly.  And Kent perfect ball winner beside him.

Hopefully his injury isn't serious. It will be blow of he's out and with Halkett being injured again it leaves us light there. 

Not sure if Sibbick and Rowles can be trusted at a centre back pair. Kinsley can slot in but I'm not a fan two totally left footed centre backs together.

Kent mistake aside had a decent game and generally holds the defence together.

Jim_Duncan
1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

What exactly did he do? Roll his ankle? 

Looked like he caught his studs in the turf as he stretched and fecked his knee. Should have been taken off immediately. He did really well when one of their players was through on him; could have cost us dearly. If he's out for an extended period we need Halkett to come back in and be effective immediately.

...andFulton'sBaggio
36 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

I wish Kingsley would do that more from CH when he plays there. He has the ability

Chuck Berry

From Hearts Standard (Naismiths words)

How's Frankie Kent?

He took a bang on the knee which eased up a bit. But that shows his character. He’s a leader, a someone who again tonight showed his organisation and his enjoyment of defending. He was brilliant.

3 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Defensively excellent, just a pity his distribution isn’t better.  He isn’t a John Souttar that’s for sure. 

True. And hopefully won't sell his soul to sevco either.

RustyRightPeg
29 minutes ago, Chuck Berry said:

How's Frankie Kent?

He took a bang on the knee which eased up a bit. But that shows his character. He’s a leader, a someone who again tonight showed his organisation and his enjoyment of defending. He was brilliant.

Certainly didn't look like it eased up. 

pettigrewsstylist

Losing FK would be by far our biggest issue right now. Revelation which has steadied the absolute car crash central defence of last season. 🤞🤞

Tempted to say rest Sun regardless of fitness, take the free hit, and try for cup game, if thats even possible. 

hmfc_liam06
57 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Certainly didn't look like it eased up. 

It certainly didn’t look like a bang on the knee either. He got his studs stuck and went over really awkward on his knee.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Sibbick or Kingsley and Rowles.

Thought it was his foot he was struggling with the way he was hobbling, no idea though, his back was to me when treated

StevenNaismith

I’ll be astonished if he plays again this season, his studs caught in the turf and his knee buckled underneath him. I still can’t believe he was allowed to continue, he’s probably done more damage unfortunately.

4 hours ago, Chuck Berry said:

How's Frankie Kent?

Whilst Kent's willingness to continue does indeed show his character, I thought the lack of leadership in taking him off revealed something about Naismith too.

2 hours ago, StevenNaismith said:

I’ll be astonished if he plays again this season, his studs caught in the turf and his knee buckled underneath him. I still can’t believe he was allowed to continue, he’s probably done more damage unfortunately.

Yep. As I said in my above comment: Naismith showed a real lack of managerial leadership in not taking Kent off.

4 hours ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Sibbick or Kingsley and Rowles.

Thought it was his foot he was struggling with the way he was hobbling, no idea though, his back was to me when treated

Knee 

KyleLafferty
1 hour ago, JJ93 said:

Yep. As I said in my above comment: Naismith showed a real lack of managerial leadership in not taking Kent off.

Could we take him off? We already had used our 3 substitute windows? 

AppleTarts
1 minute ago, KyleLafferty said:

Could we take him off? We already had used our 3 substitute windows? 

His first injury was before our 3rd substitution window, second was after.

KyleLafferty
Just now, AppleTarts said:

His first injury was before our 3rd substitution window, second was after.

I think Kent was as much to blame as the coaching staff and physios. He obviously wanted to stay on and thought he could.

1 hour ago, JJ93 said:

Whilst Kent's willingness to continue does indeed show his character, I thought the lack of leadership in taking him off revealed something about Naismith too.

True but it was obvious he was struggling so the manager should have taken him off. Decisions like that can seriously aggravate an injury.

5 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Won't play Sunday. Big miss.

Who says?

karipidis
Just now, Mac80 said:

Who says?

Evening news. On crutches. 

when is Halkett meant to be back? 

Just now, karipidis said:

Evening news. On crutches. 

when is Halkett meant to be back? 

Thank you 

With Kent being injured along with Halkett I only see us going to a back 3 in the period FK is out 

Sibbick , Kingsley Rowles 

Pasquale for King
On 29/02/2024 at 00:17, BackOfTheNet said:

Using one player each for our first 2 sub slots always means we’ve tied our hands behind our back. After that 1st half performance there were a few candidates that could have been taken off and our 3 sub slots would have been intact. Not having the slots available hampered us.

You also get an extra one at HT, If he wanted to get Fraser at 10 he could’ve done that in the 1st half and made the inevitable sub at HT. He still took Cochrane off instead of Kent..

Pasquale for King
On 29/02/2024 at 10:12, Chimp said:

Folk saying Kent should have been taken off and it's bad management, yet nobody knows what actually happened to him or what he did to his knee. Only Kent knows how he was feeling at the time and was maybe using his own judgement. It doesn't always have to be in the hands of management especially if they don't know the extent of the injury, unless it's a head knock of course. For all we know it's a minor injury and could be fine, best wait til we find out how bad it is before slating coaches for not taking him off the park.

Surely you don’t make a pointless last sub of Rowles for Cochrane if a player is struggling, he wasn’t going up for corners so why not wait? 

Ex member of the SaS

A huge miss and some serious though required from SN as to who gets the gig.

3 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

That's a major blow for Sunday 

Not just Sunday 

Hopefully his injury isn't serious. It will be blow if he's out and with Halkett being injured again it leaves us light there. 

Not sure if Sibbick and Rowles can be trusted at a centre back pair. Kinsley can slot in but I'm not a fan two totally left footed centre backs together.

Kent mistake aside had a decent game and generally holds the defence together.

Edited by feej

BigAlim

I’m not sure if we’ve ever seen a Kingsley and Rowles partnership in a back four. I have a feeling that we might get Sibbick back in and go to a back five

Pasquale for King

Bad news, signing of the season. A bit bare at the back now. 

Pasquale for King
Just now, BigAlim said:

I’m not sure if we’ve ever seen a Kingsley and Rowles partnership in a back four. I have a feeling that we might get Sibbick back in and go to a back five

Most likely. I would prefer we pressed properly and made them pass long but we will park the bus. 

Chuck Berry

Here we are again similar to last season, CH's injured and all of a sudden we have problems.

20 hours ago, StevenNaismith said:

It was a disgrace he was allowed to stay on. The sub of Cochrane for Rowles was astonishing in the circumstances. The post match comments from Naismith when asked about it were extremely poor, verging on dishonest. 

loveofthegame
20 hours ago, StevenNaismith said:

Thought exactly the same, looked instantly like a bad one and was stunned Naismith chose to take Cochrane off ahead of Frankie.

pettigrewsstylist
24 minutes ago, Rods said:

With Kent being injured along with Halkett I only see us going to a back 3 in the period FK is out 

Sibbick , Kingsley Rowles 

FB_IMG_1627726083847.jpg.b02f2e0a6a0d8ae0dfd029a0d05d7bca.jpg