Frankie Kent

Jim Panzee

RustyRightPeg
1 hour ago, The_razors_edge said:

I can confirm Frankie is a top lad. My 7 year old has started modelling his hair on Frankie - we’re at the Oriam a lot watching his older brother train/play so my son always gets a selfie with him and it’s now a standing joke between us all about making sure they’ve got matching hair. My wife even took the time to interrogate him about how he gets his hair like that 😂  beyond that he’s always got time to take selfies and chat to the kids - my older son walked into the Oriam with him the Saturday morning before the airdrie game and they chatted all the way up to the bistro. Frankie wanted to know all about who they were playing that day, what position he played etc. I hope he’s here for a very long time to come 🙏🏻

Type of thing that takes no effort for him to do, but your lad will remember it forever. One of his heroes growing up, took the time to speak to him.

Really good stuff.

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soonbe110

• Pasquale for King

• Chuck Berry

• feej

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Said this before, he doesn't do anything out of the ordinary, he knows his job, keeps it simple. Good to see Rowles back next to him, we have quite a decent group of defenders, hard not to go with 3 when that is the case

hmfc_liam06
9 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Type of thing that takes no effort for him to do, but your lad will remember it forever. One of his heroes growing up, took the time to speak to him.

Really good stuff.

He's our next captain IMO

I P Knightley
19 hours ago, merrymac said:

What we need is a separate match ratings for hair styles.🙁

Anyone who contributes to the player ratings threads without factoring in the hairstyle has something wrong with them in the heid. 

RustyRightPeg
20 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

He's our next captain IMO

I said that a few weeks into the season. Not seen anything to suggest otherwise either.

The_razors_edge
47 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Really good stuff.

Agreed 👍🏻 

in the interest of balance most of the other players (and management) are also very good at taking time to chat and get selfies etc but Frankie definitely has a warmth and approachability about him. 

1 hour ago, I P Knightley said:

Anyone who contributes to the player ratings threads without factoring in the hairstyle has something wrong with them in the heid. 

ah so that's why we get some strange ratings, obviously people not including hair style rating👍

17 minutes ago, merrymac said:

ah so that's why we get some strange ratings, obviously people not including hair style rating👍

You have to I'm afraid. Brellier was a far better player with his long locks. Even Sibbick was better with his dreadlocks. 

The likes of Ramon Pereira would always get a higher rating in my book too because of his magnificent mullet 🤌

Edited by Chimp

1 hour ago, I P Knightley said:

Exactly. That poorly-maintained beard should cost Jorge Grant at least a rating point every week.

I P Knightley
1 hour ago, Craig_ said:

Exactly. That poorly-maintained beard should cost Jorge Grant at least a rating point every week.

He could score a double hat-trick against the Hibs and he'd still only get an 8.5 from me. 

1 hour ago, Chimp said:

You have to I'm afraid. Brellier was a far better player with his long locks. Even Sibbick was better with his dreadlocks. 

The likes of Ramon Pereira would always get a higher rating in my book too because of his magnificent mullet 🤌

Yep Tony needs to get  his dreadlocks back lost all his powers without them 😟

No Idle Talk

I no longer fill my pants whenever the opposition cross the ball into our box. That is mostly thanks to Frankie. The man has saved me a fortune in washing powder. 

Bazzas right boot
17 minutes ago, No Idle Talk said:

I no longer fill my pants whenever the opposition cross the ball into our box. That is mostly thanks to Frankie. The man has saved me a fortune in washing powder. 

The difference is astonishing tbh.

I think Rowles is better and ofc he missed a couple of months last season as well, but **** me What a difference Frankie has made.

I Kent a proper ch would solve a lot of our problems. 

been here before

Excellent, no nonsense, straight fkrward, no pissing about, old fashioned defender. Every team needs one.

This 'magic hat' patter is just chronic. I realise tgeres no difference between one teams set of 'ultras' and anothrd and that they're essentially all identkit, but surely we could do better than ripping off the hobos Warburton song from 2016.

(I await someone coming along saying Stoke or some other team done it fitst)

Nelly Terraces

I thought it was absolutely shocking, negligent, management leaving him on tonight when he was clearly toiling, & just hope Frankies injury isn't too bad.

Get well soon big guy. 

Parttimer1874
1 minute ago, Nelly Terraces said:

I thought it was absolutely shocking, negligent, management leaving him on tonight when he was clearly toiling, & just hope Frankies injury isn't too bad.

Get well soon big guy. 

Agree, we should have taken him off and managed with ten men for the last five mins. He shouldn't have indicated he was ok just before we made the final changes though.

Edited by Parttimer1874

1 minute ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Get well soon big guy. 

We'd used our 3 sub slots. Other option was 10 men.

Nelly Terraces
Just now, casper said:

We'd used our 3 sub slots. Other option was 10 men.

That's the point, he should've come off instead of Cochrane mate. 

Just now, Nelly Terraces said:

That's the point, he should've come off instead of Cochrane mate. 

You're right. Taking Cochrane off was strange in itself. He didn't look like he was struggling. 

Kent is a trooper though. He'd never want to go off.

colinmaroon

Kent should have gone, been taken off.  You don't run off knee injuries.

BackOfTheNet

Using one player each for our first 2 sub slots always means we’ve tied our hands behind our back. After that 1st half performance there were a few candidates that could have been taken off and our 3 sub slots would have been intact. Not having the slots available hampered us.

Was it his knee or ankle?

Was hoping he'd just rolled his ankle and we could put a tubigrip and ralgex on it for Sunday.

hmfc_liam06

It’s his knee and it doesn’t look pretty on the highlights.

I think at best it’s strained ligaments.

Totally agree re negligence, said it at the game. Down to 10 or not, he should have been off the park.

HopeDiouf
Just now, hmfc_liam06 said:

It’s his knee and it doesn’t look pretty on the highlights.

I think at best it’s strained ligaments.

Totally agree re negligence, said it at the game. Down to 10 or not, he should have been off the park.

Yeah said the same.  Obviously the player wants to play on, but physio should've been saying no you have to come off.

thegreatsd
3 minutes ago, Serge said:

Was it his knee or ankle?

Was hoping he'd just rolled his ankle and we could put a tubigrip and ralgex on it for Sunday.

Looked like his knee. Hopefully the big fella is alright as he is the main man for us at the back. Knee injuries are never good though and not sure him playing on last night was too sensible. Have my doubts we will see him in Sunday. Fingers crossed though it’s not too bad. 

soonbe110

Seemed to be front of leg just below his knee based on where he was holding it and physios working on it.  Hopefully not the usual acl/pcl injury. 👍

Chuck Berry

It just looked like a bang on the knee?  after the game, he was walking around with Devlin applauding, if it was anything serious he wouldn't have been doing that.

Super_Hans
9 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Using one player each for our first 2 sub slots always means we’ve tied our hands behind our back. After that 1st half performance there were a few candidates that could have been taken off and our 3 sub slots would have been intact. Not having the slots available hampered us.

Fraser was miles off it and should have been hooked at H-T. Would have left us the three sub slots for later on.

Tbf, I have felt we've used our subs well this season but not last night.

RustyRightPeg
25 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Seemed to be front of leg just below his knee based on where he was holding it and physios working on it.  Hopefully not the usual acl/pcl injury. 👍

Defo wasn't ACL. Looked more MCL'y than anything. 

Shouldn't be anything too serious but I wouldn't be hopeful of seeing him on Sunday.

Tynecastle Valhalla

Out for a month is my guess but I hope I’m wrong as he has been signing of the season and we need him 

Defenders have always been near the top of my favourite players list. Levein, MacPherson, Pressley, Berra, Zal and now Frankie. He's the perfect fit for Hearts on and off the pitch and as others have said captain  in waiting. 

BackOfTheNet
27 minutes ago, Super_Hans said:

Fraser was miles off it and should have been hooked at H-T. Would have left us the three sub slots for later on.

Agreed, Naismith has been given well deserved plaudits for his ability to see changes needed and them working, but last night seemed incredibly cautious and tentative unfortunately.

Folk saying Kent should have been taken off and it's bad management, yet nobody knows what actually happened to him or what he did to his knee. Only Kent knows how he was feeling at the time and was maybe using his own judgement. It doesn't always have to be in the hands of management especially if they don't know the extent of the injury, unless it's a head knock of course. For all we know it's a minor injury and could be fine, best wait til we find out how bad it is before slating coaches for not taking him off the park.

soonbe110
1 hour ago, Tynecastle Valhalla said:

Out for a month is my guess but I hope I’m wrong as he has been signing of the season and we need him 

Esp week on Monday.  Going to be a tough one, they are 17 unbeaten I think. Will be full of confidence. 

soonbe110
1 hour ago, Chuck Berry said:

It just looked like a bang on the knee?  after the game, he was walking around with Devlin applauding, if it was anything serious he wouldn't have been doing that.

I thought at the time it was an impact knock. But when he went down a second time that suggested something more. 

soonbe110
1 hour ago, Super_Hans said:

Will never understand how they thought Fraser at right midfield made any sense. He is such a left-sided player. Beni should have started with Devlin and Hof either side of him. Beni wouldn’t have allowed Marcondes the space we gave him first half. 

soonbe110
1 hour ago, Mister T said:

Defenders have always been near the top of my favourite players list. Levein, MacPherson, Pressley, Berra, Zal and now Frankie. He's the perfect fit for Hearts on and off the pitch and as others have said captain  in waiting. 

Defensively excellent, just a pity his distribution isn’t better.  He isn’t a John Souttar that’s for sure. 

HopeDiouf
3 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

I thought at the time it was an impact knock. But when he went down a second time that suggested something more. 

looked bad on the tv, knee twisted wrong way under him.  My guess is medial ligaments by the way he was walking and pointing at his knee.  Prob 6 weeks minimum.  Hopefully nothing more serious. Would be great if it was just the impact (he did bang knee into ground but then leg twisted a bit).

Wee Hammy
1 hour ago, Chuck Berry said:

Thought the way he was not supported by our staff at end of the game was really strange. When final whistle went he stood and never moved for a good few minutes yet none of our medical team went over to him. 

soonbe110
1 minute ago, Wee Hammy said:

Thought the way he was not supported by our staff at end of the game was really strange. When final whistle went he stood and never moved for a good few minutes yet none of our medical team went over to him. 

Surely if the medical staff thought it was something serious he wouldn’t even have been on the pitch at the end 

Chuck Berry
2 minutes ago, Wee Hammy said:

Maybe it's not that serious? fingers crossed.

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, Wee Hammy said:

Supported?

Like, carried off?

Wtf did you expect,  if they thought he needed Supported,  he wouldn't have been there.

They might be wrong,  but he wouldn't have been there if they thought he needed Supported.

What a strange post.

Edited by Bazzas right boot

Batistuta87
12 hours ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Get well soon big guy. 

1 hour ago, Chimp said:

Folk saying Kent should have been taken off and it's bad management, yet nobody knows what actually happened to him or what he did to his knee. Only Kent knows how he was feeling at the time and was maybe using his own judgement. It doesn't always have to be in the hands of management especially if they don't know the extent of the injury, unless it's a head knock of course. For all we know it's a minor injury and could be fine, best wait til we find out how bad it is before slating coaches for not taking him off the park.

He was right in front of me with the physios after they gave him some treatment the first time he went down and I can tell you there was no way they were getting him off at that point. He pretty much pushed one of them away to run up the touchline so he was in line with the defence when the ref let him back on. He was absolutely gutted when he went down the 2nd time. 

HopeDiouf
3 minutes ago, Scott Leitch said:

He left in a brace last night. Getting a scan today or tomorrow. 

👍

12 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Defensively excellent, just a pity his distribution isn’t better.  He isn’t a John Souttar that’s for sure. 

I actually think for a CB his distribution is decent. Quite impressed by it actually.

No point comparing him to Souttar, not many CB's have his quality on the ball at our level.

HopeDiouf
1 minute ago, Batistuta87 said:

He was right in front of me with the physios after they gave him some treatment the first time he went down and I can tell you there was no way they were getting him off at that point. He pretty much pushed one of them away to run up the touchline so he was in line with the defence when the ref let him back on. He was absolutely gutted when he went down the 2nd time. 

Agree player (esp Kent) not gonna want to go off.  He was probably playing it down to physio tbf.  But for me, should've been taken off when he first went down was clear his knee wasn't right and trying to play on only risking making it even worse.  I say this as someone who's tried to play on with what turned out to be a cracked kneecap.  It didn't end well 🙃

Batistuta87
Just now, Chimp said:

I actually think for a CB his distribution is decent. Quite impressed by it actually.

No point comparing him to Souttar, not many CB's have his quality on the ball at our level.

His passing is OK, I just wish he would drive out from the back more. Often there's 15-20yd spaces in front of him and rather than drive into it and push the midfield forward like Souttar did he'll pass it sideways. I miss Sibbick's diagonal passing but that's about all I miss about him right now.