Frankie Kent

Jim Panzee

1 minute ago, allystrachan said:

I’d 100% rather Rowles & Kingsley in the middle with 2 left feet each, over Sibbick. If Sibbick is in the middle, someone needs to make sure he keeps everything simple! 

As soon as he starts thinking he’s special he makes a mess of it! 

I get what your saying, Toby is prone to mistakes, thankfully I'm not picking the team so if Naisy thinks Rowles/Kingsley is the way to go then that's what he'll do.

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soonbe110

• Pasquale for King

• Chuck Berry

• feej

soonbe110
1 hour ago, Chuck Berry said:

Just Ross County.

And Celtic I think. 

Chuck Berry
3 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

And Celtic I think. 

I tried to blank this game from my consciousness.

pettigrewsstylist
25 minutes ago, allystrachan said:

I’d 100% rather Rowles & Kingsley in the middle with 2 left feet each, over Sibbick. If Sibbick is in the middle, someone needs to make sure he keeps everything simple! 

As soon as he starts thinking he’s special he makes a mess of it! 

How can you play a guy that refuses to head the ball or challenge for them in centre of your defence? 

4marsbars

That's very good news about Kent. 

Hibs felt hard done to on Wednesday. They often do. They don't appreciate that last-ditch defending and good goalkeeping are part of football and not just good luck on our part, hence, no matter how many goals they score they always say, after the game, 'it should have been (pick an implausible number that rarely happens in a real match)'.  Their fans in the media go along with it. Long may they underestimate us. I love it.

25 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

He never used his left foot EVER, and Halkett played on the left of him, more revisionism about a guy that had one assist in 6 years and didn’t manage to play 20 games on the trot.
Wouldn’t swap him for Kent tbh. 

Fair enough, I did say as far as I could remember as did spend most of his time on the injury table.

I like Kent a lot, has steadied the defence and he'll be missed.

Thomaso

You just know he will be out for weeks! The last thing we need at a time where we need to stabilise the ship!

Thomaso
27 minutes ago, karipidis said:

That’s positive. 

Well it’s better than it could be but hardly positive. 🤷‍♂️

1 minute ago, Thomaso said:

You just know he will be out for weeks! The last thing we need at a time where we need to stabilise the ship!

Typical. Our defence is pretty weak without him 😒 

wavydavy
1 hour ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

No we hadn’t. We made a double change after Kent got injured.

I was meaning when he was off the pitch in front of the Wheatfield Stand which was the second time he went down. He was in deep discussion with the physios probably about wjether he shuld continue or not. Rowles and Pollock had just come on and Kent went back on because we could not make another change. It is the way you have to make changes that stopped us taking him off as we had only used four subs. Probably made his injury worse by going back on again.

53 minutes ago, 4marsbars said:

Hibs felt hard done to on Wednesday. They often do. They don't appreciate that last-ditch defending and good goalkeeping are part of football and not just good luck on our part  

Growing up watching Makalambe, Andrew McNeil and the eternal Hanlonson double act explains a lot. 

The definition of aspiring to mediocrity. 

1 hour ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

How can you play a guy that refuses to head the ball or challenge for them in centre of your defence? 

Sibbick at RB would be fine. He is not a CH.

db211833
2 hours ago, Hansel said:

Typical. Our defence is pretty weak without him 😒 

How do you know that?

Watt-Zeefuik
18 minutes ago, db211833 said:

How do you know that?

Because it was weak as shit last season before he arrived. Kingsley, Rowles, and Sibbick were our options last season when we couldn't have stopped a ball into the box if we'd let our players use tennis rackets out there.

superjack

With both halkett and frankie out, is there someone in the B team that's a half decent centre back? Someone comfortable in the air? Even if its an inexperienced teenager, surely that's a better option than Toby who's hopeless in the air?

No Idle Talk

I'm really quite annoyed that he was allowed to continue on Wednesday night. Something obviously wasn't right with him, he wasn't moving well at all. It was late on in the game and he should have been taken off as a precautionary measure or a damage limitation move. I admire him for wanting to go back on but sometimes players need protecting from themselves.

BackOfTheNet
5 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

You also get an extra one at HT, If he wanted to get Fraser at 10 he could’ve done that in the 1st half and made the inevitable sub at HT. He still took Cochrane off instead of Kent..

That’s what I meant, if we took someone off at half time (with plenty candidates) then the three slots would still have been intact. Subbing 4 (or less) on in the 2nd half would have been a lot easier with 3 slots.

jamboinglasgow
12 minutes ago, No Idle Talk said:

I'm really quite annoyed that he was allowed to continue on Wednesday night. Something obviously wasn't right with him, he wasn't moving well at all. It was late on in the game and he should have been taken off as a precautionary measure or a damage limitation move. I admire him for wanting to go back on but sometimes players need protecting from themselves.

You cant win either way, Kingston went off years ago and left us with 10 men and was slaughtered for it. If Kent was told to not come back in and left us with 10 men, then Hibs scored, this place would be raging at Naismith.

i wish jj was my dad
9 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

You cant win either way, Kingston went off years ago and left us with 10 men and was slaughtered for it. If Kent was told to not come back in and left us with 10 men, then Hibs scored, this place would be raging at Naismith.

Inconvenient but true

Madjambo21
44 minutes ago, Watt-Zeefuik said:

Because it was weak as shit last season before he arrived. Kingsley, Rowles, and Sibbick were our options last season when we couldn't have stopped a ball into the box if we'd let our players use tennis rackets out there.

Definitely. 

Dreading Celtic now with Kent out.

They have a big lad up top now and a lot of the chances against Scumdee were from crosses into the box.

Fozzyonthefence
54 minutes ago, Watt-Zeefuik said:

We also tried Cochrane and Neilson in there last season.  Every combination we tried seemed to be as hopeless as the previous one and we just conceded from cross after cross!  🙈

11 minutes ago, Madjambo21 said:

Definitely. 

Dreading Celtic now with Kent out.

They have a big lad up top now and a lot of the chances against Scumdee were from crosses into the box.

We need to be much better at stopping crosses at source. We are utterly hopeless at that.

Pilmuir
48 minutes ago, No Idle Talk said:

I totally agree but in fairness Naismith was gesticulating at him to find out what was going on - Kent clearly made the decision to play on even if that decision should have been taken away from him.

karipidis
3 hours ago, Thomaso said:

Well it’s better than it could be but hardly positive. 🤷‍♂️

After seeing him at the Oriam today 1-2 weeks is very positive. 

Dsjambo

Horrendous luck again with injuries, probably the worst game for Kent to be missing but we’ll just have to get on with it. I can see SN bringing in Sibbick and going to a three with Rowles and Kingsley.

Thomaso
2 hours ago, karipidis said:

After seeing him at the Oriam today 1-2 weeks is very positive. 

Going by previous injuries 1 - 2 weeks at Hearts means 1 - 2 months! 😏

allystrachan
7 hours ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Still a Better option than Sibbick at CH. I’m not against Sibbick in the squad or at RB, but let’s be honest… we have enough RB’s that are struggling, we don’t need a third. 

Pasquale for King
7 hours ago, feej said:

Fair enough, I did say as far as I could remember as did spend most of his time on the injury table.

I like Kent a lot, has steadied the defence and he'll be missed.

Definitely, been a brilliant signing. 

Dagger Is Back

Sunday isn't the worst game for him to be missing IMO.

Still want and hope that we win every game but it's far more important that we have our best 11 against the rest.

Greedy Jambo

I fear for us without Kent on Sunday, he's a level above any other defender we have.

Nessjambo67
17 hours ago, Thomaso said:

He should have come of right away don’t understand it he’s got nothing to prove 

Nessjambo67
14 hours ago, Pilmuir said:

I totally agree but in fairness Naismith was gesticulating at him to find out what was going on - Kent clearly made the decision to play on even if that decision should have been taken away from him.

Totally agree it’s a poor decision especially when we still has options on the bench and given the stage of the game it’s bonkers now he’s out 

Thomaso
1 hour ago, Nessjambo67 said:

He should have come of right away don’t understand it he’s got nothing to prove 

Had we not used all our subs?

Geoff Kilpatrick
6 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Nope. We made 4 out of 5.

Doc Rob
15 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Isn’t there a total number of times you’re allowed to bring subs on through? I can’t recall the exact rules

13 minutes ago, Doc Rob said:

Isn’t there a total number of times you’re allowed to bring subs on through? I can’t recall the exact rules

Three sub 'opportunities' during the game, with subs done at HT not counting. Basically stops teams having five breaks in play to make five separate subs.

We made a double sub (our third break in play/sub opportunity) on 87', a few mins after Kent needed treatment.

https://downloads.theifab.com/downloads/changes-to-the-laws-of-the-game-2022-23?l=en

Edited by kila

Nessjambo67
37 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

We still had sibbick as an option 

hmfc_liam06
33 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

As soon as we made the Cochrane and Vargas sub we couldn’t make any more subs, regardless if we’d used 4/5.

Corstorphine Jambo

He could have pretended it was a head knock and used a concussion sub!!

soonbe110
1 hour ago, NottsJambo said:

Am assuming we can't recall Neilson?

Have you looked at Thistles goals against?  Third worst in the league and nearly two per game.  Not saying it’s all down to Neilson but he can hardly be excelling with those stats. 

John Findlay

Injuries are part and parcel of football.

We just have to knuckle down and get on with it.

Jambo in Bathgate
21 hours ago, 4marsbars said:

Hibs felt hard done to on Wednesday. They often do. They don't appreciate that last-ditch defending and good goalkeeping are part of football and not just good luck on our part, hence, no matter how many goals they score they always say, after the game, 'it should have been (pick an implausible number that rarely happens in a real match)'.  Their fans in the media go along with it. Long may they underestimate us. I love it.

We also had a number of shots blocked by Hibs defenders in the second half. Also Vargas’s miss hits. Press don’t report that fact. 

Thomaso
23 hours ago, Nessjambo67 said:

We still had sibbick as an option 

He wasn’t - we couldn’t make any more subs

Thomaso
23 hours ago, Doc Rob said:

Correct

Nessjambo67
4 hours ago, Thomaso said:

He wasn’t - we couldn’t make any more subs

Only 4 subs made by 88 mins according to the stats !!

1 hour ago, Nessjambo67 said:

Only 4 subs made by 88 mins according to the stats !!

Only 3 substition periods though, so we were done