Sorry, my post came across a bit aggressive and it wasn't meant to 👍

Too late…..the lads are on their way 😁

jock _turd
1 hour ago, By The Light.. said:

Where are you seeing that?

I think that is incorrect to be honest. It seems like 

6 hours ago, By The Light.. said:

I think its six

Search this - How many bookings before suspension in Scotland?

I think you are right here are the rules. It is a bit ambiguous though you could read that as meaning if you do not get 5 in the first 19 games then you need to acumulate a total of ten efore game 32 to get a two match suspension? This seems a bit leanient in as much as say you only had one in the first 19 games you would in effect have the luxury of having 9 in the next 13 games and a possible 5 from the next 6 games !

The current rules this season stipulate that any player accumulating a certain number of yellow cards will face disciplinary action in the form of match bans. It  works on the following principles:

• Five yellows accumulated before match week 19 results in a one-match ban.
  • Ten yellows accumulated by week 32 will result in a two-match ban.
  • Fifteen yellows by week 38 means a three-match ban.
  • Twenty yellows in a season can result in the Regulatory Commission punishing the player in a manner that they deem to be most fitting.

Generally, the suspensions laid out above refer to league matches only, not tournaments.

Edited by jock _turd

Benny Factor
30 minutes ago, jock _turd said:

I think that is incorrect to be honest. It seems like 

I think you are right here are the rules. It is a bit ambiguous though you could read that as meaning if you do not get 5 in the first 19 games then you need to acumulate a total of ten efore game 32 to get a two match suspension? This seems a bit leanient in as much as say you only had one in the first 19 games you would in effect have the luxury of having 9 in the next 13 games and a possible 5 from the next 6 games !

The current rules this season stipulate that any player accumulating a certain number of yellow cards will face disciplinary action in the form of match bans. It  works on the following principles:

• Five yellows accumulated before match week 19 results in a one-match ban.
  • Ten yellows accumulated by week 32 will result in a two-match ban.
  • Fifteen yellows by week 38 means a three-match ban.
  • Twenty yellows in a season can result in the Regulatory Commission punishing the player in a manner that they deem to be most fitting.

Generally, the suspensions laid out above refer to league matches only, not tournaments.

Where did you pluck that from, @jock _turd??????

As it definitely isn't anything to do with the SPFL.

I've already given an example of a player this season getting a sixth yellow after game 19 and NOT being suspended.

jock _turd
13 minutes ago, Benny Factor said:

Where did you pluck that from, @jock _turd??????

As it definitely isn't anything to do with the SPFL.

I've already given an example of a player this season getting a sixth yellow after game 19 and NOT being suspended.

Yer right I was looking at the wrong site! I was looking at the PFSA it has F'k all to do with the SPFL if is for the EPL 😂😂😂

jamborich
On 19/02/2024 at 14:26, jock _turd said:

Yer right I was looking at the wrong site! I was looking at the PFSA it has F'k all to do with the SPFL if is for the EPL 😂😂😂

Ya slaver 

Tynecastle Valhalla

It wasn’t a foul and it should not have been a yellow card

but…..

his heel did briefly catch the well player after the tackle which is why the referee acted

one of those that a few years ago it would have been waved on 

Pasquale for King
15 hours ago, Tynecastle Valhalla said:

but…..

his heel did briefly catch the well player after the tackle which is why the referee acted

They did collide but it was their player that ran into the back of Shanklands foot, he made contact and should’ve been a foul to us in Kingsley territory. 

16 hours ago, Tynecastle Valhalla said:

but…..

I would argue that because Shankland was the one that clearly won the ball and the Motherwell player was late, it was actually Shankland that was fouled.

john thomas
1 minute ago, Lambo85 said:

I would argue that because Shankland was the one that clearly won the ball and the Motherwell player was late, it was actually Shankland that was fouled.

Shankland played the ball , didn't win it , no tackle made .

Then Motherwell player came in late . 

Not sure what ref saw but there should be a mechanism to give refs a chance to rescind these yellows after games 

TexasAndy

Poor poor decision but a genuine mistake by ref as the contact (after the ball was played) was instigated by the Motherwell player.  It's an issue for us if that booking contributes to keeping Shankland out a big game later in season.

Hackney Hearts
On 19/02/2024 at 02:24, jamborich said:

IMG_0961.jpeg

So wrong on so many counts. The ball's not even in that picture! Shankland's left leg is on the ground before he clears the ball (bent back at the knee too, i.e. not leading with it). He toe pokes the clearance with his right. The Motherwell player is VERY late and is responsible for the contact.

Even if both feet had been off the ground (they clearly weren't) - that doesn't mean automatic red card, otherwise anyone who does a bicycle kick would be sent off for a start!. This wasn't a tackle.

pettigrewsstylist
1 hour ago, TexasAndy said:

Poor poor decision but a genuine mistake by ref as the contact (after the ball was played) was instigated by the Motherwell player.  It's an issue for us if that booking contributes to keeping Shankland out a big game later in season.

The idea they cant be cancelled by panel, after all the time effort and expense of installing VAR is another folly. Its about putting entertainers on the pitch to improve our undervalued product. This just compounds the problem when these contribute to suspensions, red cards or players application for remainder of the match concerned. 

21 hours ago, Hackney Hearts said:

So wrong on so many counts. The ball's not even in that picture! Shankland's left leg is on the ground before he clears the ball (bent back at the knee too, i.e. not leading with it). He toe pokes the clearance with his right. The Motherwell player is VERY late and is responsible for the contact.

Even if both feet had been off the ground (they clearly weren't) - that doesn't mean automatic red card, otherwise anyone who does a bicycle kick would be sent off for a start!. This wasn't a tackle.

Its just more bad refereeing in Scottish football. 

There really needs to be a drive to improve standards. IMO that starts with stopping this weegie-centric promotion process. As things stand, if you're a talented referee in Aberdeen, Dundee or Edinburgh, you're wasting your time. Completely pissing in the wind, because absolute ****witts like David Munro and Son of Dallas are being overpromoted because of the local refereeing association they belong to. 

Proper punishment for bad calls. There doesn't seem to be any accountability whatsoever for referees making game defining errors - that is, unless its against the OF which just further feeds into the honest mistakes that we continually fall victim to in Glasgow. 

By promoting from across Scotland they would have a healthy and deep pool of referees to draw from. This would improve standards as competition to be a top ref would be fierce and force referees to be at the top of their game. Willie Collum has been a FIFA list referee since 2006, I don't think any fan has ever been impressed with Collums style of refereeing, nor his competence. I also find it hard to believe he's genuinely been one of the best referees at all times between 2006 and 2024 to justify his inclusion. 

I don't know what Crawford Allan actually does, because standards are if anything, getting worse. 

Chuck Berry
23 hours ago, TexasAndy said:

Unless Shanks gets a further 7 bookings between now and the end of the season, he won't be suspended at all.

15 minutes ago, Chuck Berry said:

Unless Shanks gets a further 7 bookings between now and the end of the season, he won't be suspended at all.

Hopefully he doesn’t get booked for his goal celebration when he scores the winner at Ibrox on Saturday. 

TexasAndy
2 hours ago, Chuck Berry said:

Yeah but funnier things have happened.  I was just making the point that bad decisions could potentially be costly even though unlikely in this case.

RustyRightPeg

He's guaranteed a yellow on Saturday. If he so much as makes contact with Goldson, he's gonna hit the deck and give Walsh a decision to make.