Shankland booking

Philstampscleaner

jamborich

Controversial here I’ve watched it many times and was convinced it was never a booking however looking at it again his two feet are off the ground yes he gets the ball but if he didn’t it’s a red. yellow card for me is the right decision 

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jamborich

• John Findlay

• ShedBoy

• PaddysBar

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

PaddysBar
40 minutes ago, jamborich said:

Controversial here I’ve watched it many times and was convinced it was never a booking however looking at it again his two feet are off the ground yes he gets the ball but if he didn’t it’s a red. yellow card for me is the right decision 

Utter nonsense. Shankland got tackled after he cleared the ball.  

50 minutes ago, jamborich said:

Nah. Even if his feet were up the Motherwell guy was late enough he could have avoided it but still stuck a foot in and the ref bought it. Imo of course😉

jamborich
Just now, Canscot said:

Nah. Even if his feet were up the Motherwell guy was late enough he could have avoided it but still stuck a foot in and the ref bought it. Imo of course😉

Doesn’t matter two foot tackle your off

jamborich
14 minutes ago, PaddysBar said:

Which part of two feet tackle do you don’t understand 

Des Lynam
4 minutes ago, jamborich said:

2 minutes ago, jamborich said:

You might want to watch it again. It’s not a two footed tackle. 

jamborich
Just now, Des Lynam said:

As I have said many times I’ve watched it many times he goes in with two feet off the ground, look let’s be thankful it’s not a red wonder why the club have not appealed it

Des Lynam
1 minute ago, jamborich said:

As I have said many times I’ve watched it many times he goes in with two feet off the ground, look let’s be thankful it’s not a red wonder why the club have not appealed it

He goes in with one foot. The second is at his side. It wasn’t even a yellow let alone a red. 

jamborich
3 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

He goes in with one foot. The second is at his side. It wasn’t even a yellow let alone a red. 

It ends up at his side but it was a two footed two begin with yes looks a great clearance but his initial lunge is against the rules

jamborich
Just now, jamborich said:

It ends up at his side but it was a two footed toobegin with yes looks a great clearance but his initial lunge is against the rules

jamborich
1 minute ago, jamborich said:

It ends up at his side but it was a two footed two begin with yes looks a great clearance but his initial lunge is against the rules

Two too 

12 minutes ago, jamborich said:

Can you explain what rule covers going for a ball when no one else is in contact or control of it and then a player collides with you AFTER th ball has moved away

jamborich
1 minute ago, brownkg said:

Can you explain what rule covers going for a ball when no one else is in contact or control of it and then a player collides with you AFTER th ball has moved away

Two foot off the ground it doesn’t matter if you won the ball it’s a dangerous tackle that’s the rules look I’m happy Shankland got a booking and not a sending off if he missed the tackle, let’s just move on

12 minutes ago, brownkg said:

Do not feed the troll. He’s obviously watched it many times hoping to come to the conclusion he has by drinking special brew after special brew. Nothing about that tackle made it a foul, let alone a yellow card. 

jamborich
1 minute ago, Shaggy2 said:

Do not feed the troll. He’s obviously watched it many times hoping to come to the conclusion he has by drinking special brew after special brew. Nothing about that tackle made it a foul, let alone a yellow card. 

Shut up ya twat please explain why hearts haven’t appealed it 

Geoff Kilpatrick
51 minutes ago, jamborich said:

It wasn't a tackle because there was no one in possession of the ball. He won it before the Well player made contact with him.

Geoff Kilpatrick
10 minutes ago, jamborich said:

Because you cannot appeal a yellow unless it is for mistaken identity or leads to a sending off.

jamborich
1 minute ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Because you cannot appeal a yellow unless it is for mistaken identity or leads to a sending off.

Yep get that thanks for clearing up Geoff I got that wrong apologies to the guys I slagged still think there’s a rule that says shankland was lucky to get yellow rather than a red, anyway FTH 

jamborich
1 hour ago, Des Lynam said:

IMG_0961.jpeg

colinmaroon

Never even a foul.  I repeat, Well player kicked sole of Shanklands boot.  He arrived after Shankland had got the ball.

il Duce McTarkin
3 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

:greggy:

colinmaroon
3 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

It wasn't a tackle because there was no one in possession of the ball. He won it before the Well player made contact with him.

Exactly and someone said he misses the Hibs or Celtic game.

colinmaroon
3 hours ago, jamborich said:

Two foot off the ground it doesn’t matter if you won the ball it’s a dangerous tackle that’s the rules look I’m happy Shankland got a booking and not a sending off if he missed the tackle, let’s just move on

Two footed tackle, where bothe feet are together or both feet simultaneously  make contact at the same time. 

John Findlay
7 hours ago, jamborich said:

I humbly suggest you book an appointment with an optician ASAP.

John Findlay
1 hour ago, colinmaroon said:

Exactly and someone said he misses the Hibs or Celtic game.

He doesn't miss any game.

John Findlay
5 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

It's mistaken identity and simulation

colinmaroon
28 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

He doesn't miss any game.

Thank goodness.  Hibby mole on here, obviously.

6 hours ago, jamborich said:

You can only appeal a simulation booking. This is nothing new. Anyone who gets close to the uglies will get shafted. Just watch Shanks score next week and VAR to disallow the goal. Or he'll get a comical red ruling him out for the derby.

By The Light..
9 hours ago, KyleLafferty said:

No he won’t. He needs 12 bookings 

I think its six

Search this - How many bookings before suspension in Scotland?

Eddiepolio3

So if Shanks had gone over the points limit with that tackle he would have missed the celtic game? Is it worth him "taking" a late booking in the rangers game to get his suspension out the way for the game after (Ross County away) 

highlandjambo3

Scores against rangers this weekend…….banned for the Celtic match…….flat earthers will love this

9 minutes ago, By The Light.. said:

I think its six

It resets half way through the season and changes to 12 yellows and a 2 game suspension.

10 minutes ago, Eddiepolio3 said:

So if Shanks had gone over the points limit with that tackle he would have missed the celtic game? Is it worth him "taking" a late booking in the rangers game to get his suspension out the way for the game after (Ross County away) 

4 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Scores against rangers this weekend…….banned for the Celtic match…….flat earthers will love this

As I said above (and others have pointed out) he now needs another 7 bookings to get a ban.

highlandjambo3
3 minutes ago, cazzyy said:

As I said above (and others have pointed out) he now needs another 7 bookings to get a ban.

Sorry……I’ve a habit of loggin in a not reading back previous posts…..my bad 🙄

Robbo-Jambo

A sending off it wasn't even a foul !!

58 minutes ago, By The Light.. said:

I think its six

It is 6. Shanks on 5. Gets booked v the huns and he misses Killie game if I'm right. 

You can only appeal a yellow for simulation or mistaken  identity.

Edited by Deevers

You can only appeal yellows for simulation or mistaken identity.

Ya Twat? 😂

Lost the argument there (apart from not knowing the laws of the game) 

IMG_0961.jpeg

FFS you’d be as well saying Rowles’ head is in a position to butt the guy. It’s closer in that shot than Shankland’s “two footed” tackle. 🤦‍♂️

IMG_0961.jpeg

He has not outstretched his legs yet though . If he only extended one leg from this point on he would sheer his bawsack clean off

PaddysBar
1 hour ago, Marvin said:

It is 6. Shanks on 5. Gets booked v the huns and he misses Killie game if I'm right. 

Think that’s been cleared up a few times. 

it resets after a certain number of games and the 6 bookings = a ban no longer applies. 

john thomas
9 hours ago, PaddysBar said:

Correct . Astonished this has to be stated

I P Knightley
11 hours ago, jamborich said:

At no point in this clip is his left foot extended towards the ball:

It's safely tucked under his well-cushioned arse. 

By The Light..
4 hours ago, cazzyy said:

It resets half way through the season and changes to 12 yellows and a 2 game suspension.

Where are you seeing that?

Only two issues with it being a two-footed tackle.

1. It isn’t two-footed. One foot plays the ball, the other doesn’t go in at all.

2. It isn’t a tackle. It isn’t even a 50:50. It’s a clearance. The ball is long gone by the time the Well player reaches Shankland.

I’d agree a booking was the correct decision - a booking for simulation for the Well player, who pretended to have been fouled.

It's never a booking.   It's not a foul from the challenge.   The only reasonable thought of a foul could be it looked like Shankland raised his foot after he won the ball.   Tripping the Motherwell player.   It's still not a booking.   He's got his card out before any reaction as well. 

Its basically nuts.   An overreaction by the Referee.  

I'm still saying it's not a foul or a booking.   

If there is a Ref Watch episode or write up for this I'd like to know about it.   It needs explained. 

Edited by HMFC01

29 minutes ago, Doc Rob said:

The ball is long gone by the time the Well player reaches Shankland

He even has to stretch to get to where Shankland is with the ball already gone.  That's how far away from even being a tackle this was, never mind a foul. Showed it to a friend who is a referee. His verdict? Disgraceful mistake.

Can we appeal it? 

I'm unsure of the rules around appealing yellow cards.

jock _turd
12 hours ago, jamborich said:

Give it up mate you are slavering.

jock _turd
12 hours ago, jamborich said:

Goalkeepers make clearances like that all the time ... there are no separate rules for goalkeepers when it comes to playing the ball in play with their feet. I have never seen a goal keeper give away a penalty for such a clearance.