Shankland booking

Philstampscleaner

Philstampscleaner

Anyone understand what this was for? I saw him win the ball and pass it forwards.  I didn't think it was even a free kick but he got a booking.  Have I missed something or was this both bizarre and wrong as I saw it?

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jamborich

• John Findlay

• ShedBoy

• PaddysBar

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, Philstampscleaner said:

Anyone understand what this was for? I saw him win the ball and pass it forwards.  I didn't think it was even a free kick but he got a booking.  Have I missed something or was this both bizarre and wrong as I saw it?

Ref's an erse..end of.

Philstampscleaner
1 minute ago, rmreido said:

Ref's an erse..end of.

Just now, feej said:

A nonsense booking, won the ball clearly and fairly.

That was exactly how I saw it.  Also what's with the refs shoulder pads? Looks like a quarter back!!

Didn’t even think it was a foul. Then the lad next to me  said they want him sent off for Saturday. 

Then it made sense.

I hate everything to do with Scottish football authoritarianism.

I hope we at least burst one of their fecken bubbles in May.

Philstampscleaner
Just now, Philstampscleaner said:

That was exactly how I saw it.  Also what's with the refs shoulder pads? Looks like a quarter back!!

Must have said something very quickly ...as he booked him straight away

il Duce McTarkin
Just now, ShedBoy said:

Didn’t even think it was a foul. Then the lad next to me  said they want him sent off for Saturday. 

:spoton:

Wee Mikey
1 minute ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

Dissent?

If so, then the 'Well player near the front of section N should've been in the book.

He went full-on radge and only got a talking to.

4 minutes ago, Philstampscleaner said:

Thought the ref had strange running style might have been down to his shoulder pads lol.

That shook his head in disappointment when Motherwell’s goalkeeper kicked the ball straight out for a throw in to Hearts , the guy that sits next to me said “did you see his reaction there?” I said “ yup,wait till you see how many blatant fouls Well get away with “ and low and behold, he kept waving for play on when it was as straightforward yellow as ever you would see, more than once.

Uncle Buck

Makes it even more unbelievable that the guy that karate kicked Rowles on the halfway line didn’t get booked. Consistency eh.

Shooter McGavin

Shankland got booked for winning the ball with an exceptionally clean tackle.

Must be a new rule that nobody is aware of.

Should be able to appeal it on the grounds that it was an absolutely shocking ****ing decision

Shanks is a big physical striker, so much like his red against Hibs last season, it put him on a needless tightrope that could easily have stung us. 

Ignored dissent, kicking the ball away, time wasting. Books Shanks for winning the ball 🤪

No Idle Talk

His studs were off the ground and made contact with the top of the Motherwell player's foot. That's what I think it was given for.

An absolutely ridiculous decision. It wasn't even a foul. He took the ball fair and square and it was not by any stretch of the imagination dangerous play either.

been here before

Didnt look like a foul at the game and it cerialy isnt a foul in the clip I've seen...

13 minutes ago, ShedBoy said:

Then it made sense.

I hate everything to do with Scottish football authoritarianism.

I hope we at least burst one of their fecken bubbles in May.

...nor was it part of some lunatic conspiracy :rofl:

Just shite refereeing.

12 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

If so, then the 'Well player near the front of section N should've been in the book.

Correct, a clear blue card in my opinion.

Brick Tamland
2 minutes ago, No Idle Talk said:

His studs were off the ground and made contact with the top of the Motherwell player's foot. That's what I think it was given for.

An absolutely ridiculous decision. It wasn't even a foul. He took the ball fair and square and it was not by any stretch of the imagination dangerous play either.

Nope, look at the clip I posted and you’ll see that didn’t happen, the Motherwell player stood on Shanklands foot. 

Armageddon

You can guarantee Shankland gets booked for nothing against Hibs meaning he will have to serve a ban v Celtic 😂

GFA shitebags

No Idle Talk
2 minutes ago, Brick Tamland said:

Nope, look at the clip I posted and you’ll see that didn’t happen, the Motherwell player stood on Shanklands foot. 

Just watched it again and sorry mate I think you've got that one wrong there. It's tricky to tell because they have similar coloured boots on but Shankland's studs hit the boy's foot.

J.T.F.Robertson
21 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

I actually had that thought at the time.

3 minutes ago, mre said:

Is it possible to appeal a yellow?

Don't think a yellow can be overturned unless it's for simulation that turns out not be the case, but not sure if you can actually appeal against it.  I'm sure in the latest review of VAR decisions one of those that wrongly went against us was the failure to review a possible penalty when Forrest was fouled in the box against Ross County.  As well as concluding that it should have been a penalty, the panel also rescinded the yellow card given to Forrest for simulation.

4 minutes ago, been here before said:

Didnt look like a foul at the game and it cerialy isnt a foul in the clip I've seen...

...nor was it part of some lunatic conspiracy :rofl:

Just shite refereeing.

I agree. 

But you have to look at the challenges that went in previously in the half that went totally unpunished.

Then you look at why LS was cautioned for one of the cleanest tackles of the game.

Then you ask why? The game is fecken rancid. Top to bottom.

Referees should not make you question your sanity 👍🏻

Sooperstar

Clear as day if you're the referee. 

If not? No words can explain how bad a decision it was. 

Clean win of the ball. Motherwell player came in late. Ball was long gone. Never a foul. Obscene that he was booked for that. 

been here before
8 minutes ago, ShedBoy said:

I agree. 

But you have to look at the challenges that went in previously in the half that went totally unpunished.

Then you look at why LS was cautioned for one of the cleanest tackles of the game.

Then you ask why? The game is fecken rancid. Top to bottom.

Referees should not make you question your sanity 👍🏻

They shouldnt but they do primarily down to incompetence and inconsistancy. Its nothing to do with this mythical "they" who want him out of next weeks game.

Thats tinfoil hat shite.

Only saw it at the game and it looked ridiculous. Won the ball cleanly and ended up booked with a freekick to Motherwell 🤷‍♂️

Thought today's referee  was absolutely rank rotten.  Shankland booking was a joke.

Edited by Deevers

Wee Mikey
15 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Surely, no argument.

Great tackle.

Shanks, in the last few games, has cleared TW0 off the line, and does some superb defending.

See if h1b5 had a defender as good as him?

Oh, wait ... they have Hanlon, Stevenson, and Rocky ...

🤣🤣🤣

Sooperstar
6 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

Surely, no argument.

Great tackle.

Shanks, in the last few games, has cleared TW0 off the line, and does some superb defending.

See if h1b5 had a defender as good as him?

Oh, wait ... they have Hanlon, Stevenson, and Rocky ...

🤣🤣🤣

As bad a decision as it was from the referee I just want to clarify that we were attacking here. This wasn't a defensive tackle from Shanks. 

millerjames398

Watched the highlights, as good a tackle as your likely to see,,an absolute travesty he got booked, as well as penalised for the challenge🤬🇱🇻

RustyRightPeg
27 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

It’s this shitey follow through thing that refs have brought in over the last few years. 

Any tackle these days if you roll about regardless of whether the player gets the ball it’s deemed as reckless/dangerous. 

Hoff had one in the 2nd half that he steamed into about 70 mins in and I immediately thought he’s gonna punish him here but he never even gave a foul. Total inconsistency. 

PaddysBar
52 minutes ago, mre said:

Is it possible to appeal a yellow?

48 minutes ago, PaddysBar said:

Only for diving or mistaken identity 

38 minutes ago, RobNox said:

Don't think a yellow can be overturned unless it's for simulation that turns out not be the case, but not sure if you can actually appeal against it.  I'm sure in the latest review of VAR decisions one of those that wrongly went against us was the failure to review a possible penalty when Forrest was fouled in the box against Ross County.  As well as concluding that it should have been a penalty, the panel also rescinded the yellow card given to Forrest for simulation.

👍

38 minutes ago, been here before said:

They shouldnt but they do primarily down to incompetence and inconsistancy. Its nothing to do with this mythical "they" who want him out of next weeks game.

Thats tinfoil hat shite.

I respect your opinion 👍🏻

John Findlay
21 minutes ago, GBJambo said:

Corrupt as that means he misses the Celtic game 

He doesn't.

22 minutes ago, GBJambo said:

Corrupt as that means he misses the Celtic game 

well 👀 well 👀 well 👀

who’d have thought it