Yet more hospitality suites…

Montgomery Brewster

33 minutes ago, Taffin said:

I'm going to buck the trend and take the shouting down this will no doubt invoke...but that looks so soulless and bland. Cross between office break out space and airport terminal. The decor is the 1874 is far better.

You are not far off tbh . It is not really set up to be or supposed to be high end though . It is a just a far less busy , comfortable space with pretty much zero queues and a relaxed pre-match atmosphere . I was in the Skyline Lounge Bar later on that evening and it is far more hospitality like and decorated  far nicer . Personally I do not like 1874 . Cramped , slow service , impatient bar squeezers …… dark and a bit tatty . Much prefer this pre and post match 

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wee Mikey

• Pete Elliott

• Sooks

• davemclaren

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Sooks said:

Only just noticed the typo to Guineas ……….. eeesh

Anyway Guinness is for smelly old people with grey beards and scratchy wool jumpers :) 

I have a very subtle hint of grey in the beard, the odd cashmere jumper, not scratchy though and I'm partial to the odd gummy bear. Does that count? 😁

Pete Elliott
1 hour ago, Taffin said:

I'm going to buck the trend and take the shouting down this will no doubt invoke...but that looks so soulless and bland. Cross between office break out space and airport terminal. The decor is the 1874 is far better.

It’s not a full time fans’ bar though so the decor has to be suitable for other types of events and functions. 

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

You are not far off tbh . It is not really set up to be or supposed to be high end though . It is a just a far less busy , comfortable space with pretty much zero queues and a relaxed pre-match atmosphere . I was in the Skyline Lounge Bar later on that evening and it is far more hospitality like and decorated  far nicer . Personally I do not like 1874 . Cramped , slow service , impatient bar squeezers …… dark and a bit tatty . Much prefer this pre and post match 

I don't think it looks downmarket or anything, looks finished to a good standard...I just half expect someone to be resting their pint on on a photocopier and an announcement not to leave your luggage unattended over the tannoy.

If it's relaxing with good service, how it looks doesn't matter. I'm sure I'd really enjoy it too. Decor is all in the eyes of the beholder, it just doesn't do it for me.

Edited by Taffin

Just now, Pete Elliott said:

It’s not a full time fans’ bar though so the decor has to be suitable for other types of events and functions. 

Absolutely true but regardless of the event, it is pretty bland. Even regular modern offices have moved on a bit from that these days. Again, in my eyes only... I appreciate some will like it. It's just my opinion.

22 hours ago, Taffin said:

Ironically enough two of the photos are of the break-out space/corridor rather than inside the room. 

The business model now at Hearts is fantastic. The multiple revenue streams from the hospitality to the hotel can only help the business grow. Add to that the European money we have a massive chance here. 

The complaint always was off the park we were great, but on the park we were inconsistent.

If we can get both things working in tandem we have a chance to open a gap between us and thr rest. Hibs got £6 million in investment we are making that in one European campaign.  Add to that FOH cash and these ever increasing revenue streams, its a fabulous position to be in .

15 minutes ago, mscjambo said:

The business model now at Hearts is fantastic. The multiple revenue streams from the hospitality to the hotel can only help the business grow. Add to that the European money we have a massive chance here. 

The complaint always was off the park we were great, but on the park we were inconsistent.

If we can get both things working in tandem we have a chance to open a gap between us and thr rest. Hibs got £6 million in investment we are making that in one European campaign.  Add to that FOH cash and these ever increasing revenue streams, its a fabulous position to be in .

Did Hibs get £6m investment? I assumed that went into the Gordon family pockets. Was it not used to buy shares from them?

To stay on topic, quiet, comfy and quick service appeals to me.

A_A wehatethehibs
23 hours ago, Taffin said:

:lol: alright Lawrence Lewelin-Bowen 

It’s got chairs, tables, big TV screens, beer and it’s spacious. That’s 100% of what’s needed. 

Pete Elliott
1 hour ago, SUTOL said:

Ironically enough two of the photos are of the break-out space/corridor rather than inside the room. 

I think the angle isn’t helpful in the photos. One whole side is windows and looks out into the plaza below. It’s a braw view. ♥️

17 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

:lol: alright Lawrence Lewelin-Bowen 

It’s got chairs, tables, big TV screens, beer and it’s spacious. That’s 100% of what’s needed. 

😂

That's good if there's more elsewhere as another poster has just suggested. I'm just going off the pictures which has 1 moderately sized tv and high tables with low chairs. 

Big TV screens, beer and atmosphere is what I'd be after. Just assumed the PR brigade would have been after something a little more upmarket and stylish.

Edited by Taffin

A_A wehatethehibs
6 minutes ago, Taffin said:

😂

That's good if there's more elsewhere as another poster has just suggested. I'm just going off the pictures which has 1 moderately sized tv and high tables with low chairs. 

Big TV screens, beer and atmosphere is what I'd be after. Just assumed the PR brigade would have been after something a little more upmarket.

Needs more layered lighting, textural elements & warm neutrals. 

IMG_3927.jpeg.85536795eb84c290bafadfa286e2633d.jpeg

6 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Needs more layered lighting, textural elements & warm neutrals. 

IMG_3927.jpeg.85536795eb84c290bafadfa286e2633d.jpeg

😂😂 That's a cracking jacket.

Might try and sneak a peek at the Lyreco Lounge in person when I'm at the hotel and put a mood board together for my preference.

A_A wehatethehibs
40 minutes ago, King Of The Cat Cafe said:

Any chance of a pre-match bar for the Wheatfield stand...?

Hear there’s plans for one in the upper tier 

1 hour ago, King Of The Cat Cafe said:

You will have a Currie Shed and like it or lump it 

davemclaren
2 hours ago, King Of The Cat Cafe said:

The understudy is already fully used so I doubt it 

5 hours ago, Taffin said:

😂

Big TV screens, beer and atmosphere is what I'd be after. Just assumed the PR brigade would have been after something a little more upmarket and stylish.

That's to deter the likes of Maloney and Wee Lee from ever darkening our doorstep, although I suppose we will provide high chairs if required.

3 hours ago, King Of The Cat Cafe said:

I always though it would be great to put a German style bier keller in place in the undercroft when the plans were to move the temporary office space back into the new stand, but those plans were changed when the club realised there was nothing wrong with the temp office space and better use could be made of the huge space we'd still have in the main stand. Turns out they were right.

Jambo dans les Pyrenees
6 hours ago, RobNox said:

I always though it would be great to put a German style bier keller in place in the undercroft when the plans were to move the temporary office space back into the new stand, but those plans were changed when the club realised there was nothing wrong with the temp office space and better use could be made of the huge space we'd still have in the main stand. Turns out they were right.

Get the office space TF

We’d make millions.

image.jpeg

Edited by Jambo dans les Pyrenees

Phil D. Corners
10 hours ago, King Of The Cat Cafe said:

Maybe we could fill the corners in with one. 

Seriously we could have one that’s raised above the the current corner exits with windows on to the stands/pitch. Use it as a bar for match days and function room for hire the rest of the time. 

10 hours ago, Sooks said:

Curry Shed never survived covid. The kebab pie is now the Wheatfield food of choice.

davemclaren
35 minutes ago, Phil D. Corners said:

Maybe we could fill the corners in with one. 

Seriously we could have one that’s raised above the the current corner exits with windows on to the stands/pitch. Use it as a bar for match days and function room for hire the rest of the time. 

Certainly living up to your name. 😄

HopeDiouf
11 hours ago, Sooks said:

a closed currie shed unless I've missed it being open of late

davemclaren
2 minutes ago, HopeDiouf said:

Miss the curry shed. Good grub. 

20 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Why did they stop it? I can't remember if it was when COVID hit, or if it was before.

davemclaren
2 minutes ago, kila said:

Why did they stop it? I can't remember if it was when COVID hit, or if it was before.

Can't remember either. 

27 minutes ago, HopeDiouf said:

I will allow you chips as well 

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

Can't remember either. 

Posts in Jan 2019, so either that summer or it was COVID and it never came back.

Should re-open it, even if it was order in advance.

HopeDiouf
8 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I will allow you chips as well 

🤣 so generous thank you.

On a serious note, the spot has been sitting empty/closed all year.  Hopefully on the list to put something useful there at some point in future for those of us that don't have fancy bars etc to keep us entertained

Just thinking about it, the obvious thing would be some more female toilets judging by the queues.

Edited by HopeDiouf

davemclaren
1 minute ago, kila said:

Posts in Jan 2019, so either that summer or it was COVID and it never came back.

Should re-open it, even if it was order in advance.

Mustn't have been profitable enough. 🤷‍♂️

16 minutes ago, HopeDiouf said:

🤣 so generous thank you.

On a serious note, the spot has been sitting empty/closed all year.  Hopefully on the list to put something useful there at some point in future for those of us that don't have fancy bars etc to keep us entertained

Just thinking about it, the obvious thing would be some more female toilets judging by the queues.

Totally agree with you actually . I sat in the Wheatfield for years and it does need more and better facilities imo 

I revoke my views on this. Realised I was walking along the very corridor in the pictures whilst at the hotel and given it's an existing space that needs to work with that it makes a lot more sense. An 1874 bar or Strongbow lounge style wouldn't work there.

Edited by Taffin

1 hour ago, Sooperstar said:

PR Bar bookings opening at 2pm for Main Stand ticket holders to get access for Sunday's match. 

12 ko is it not ?

Fxxx the SPFL
11 minutes ago, chazza74 said:

12 ko is it not ?

yep bar open at 10am and until 2.45pm afterwards

Harry Potter
On 23/02/2024 at 10:46, davemclaren said:

Can't remember either. 

Probably went with the cash for a pie facility, good news though, new bank card and i now can go

contactless , onwards ad upwards.

Sooperstar

Initial impression of the PR bar is that it is fairly soulless. Quiet yet so hopefully it's a bit better when it busies up. It's like an empty Wetherspoons at the moment. 

Pete Elliott
11 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Initial impression of the PR bar is that it is fairly soulless. Quiet yet so hopefully it's a bit better when it busies up. It's like an empty Wetherspoons at the moment. 

What were you expecting? (Genuine question)

Sooperstar
4 minutes ago, Pete Elliott said:

What were you expecting? (Genuine question)

About what it is! Maybe some music or background noise of some sort! 

Pete Elliott
4 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

I’ll be there soon to get the party started 🥳

davemclaren
8 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

No live band on this week? 🧐

Sooperstar
14 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

No live band on this week? 🧐

I'm about to jump on the table and use my bottle as a mic. 

Konrad von Carstein
On 23/02/2024 at 09:21, EIEIO said:

Curry Shed never survived covid. The kebab pie is now the Wheatfield food of choice.

Is it fuuuuuuuuukc! :sick:

hughesie27

After visiting the PR bar it will bring in some decent funds at very little expense to the club. They need to sort out the seating though as they have plenty chairs which folk were putting around standing height tables. Literally reaching up to get their drinks.

Some music or commentary from the Sport on TVs would help too.

They also seemed to have some teething issues with the beer kegs but overall pretty decent. Barely ever a queue. Never tried the food but the free pies at half time were lovely.

ShedBoy
On 23/02/2024 at 10:21, davemclaren said:

Hearts hospitality want to reopen it as a Vegan food outlet.

However apparently there is a Hearts fan that constantly emails the club with fotos of queues for the ladies toilets.

So Hearts are toying with the idea of making it a female toilet.