Shankland Stats

Watt-Zeefuik

cosanostra
46 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Aye,it's looking that way.

Big summer incoming.  - Beni and Shankland likley away.

Likely. Naismith is going to have a serious rebuild but he'll probably have some serious access to funds that few Hearts managers have ever had.

Replacing Beni, Shankland and possibly Cochrane is a mammoth task.

48 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Aye,it's looking that way.

Big summer incoming.  - Beni and Shankland likley away.

We know it’s coming. Shanks is in our control, plenty time to plan it and line up the right level of players (which should be a step up from previous years’ levels). 
Oh if we had listened to the frothers and sacked the Board, the Recruitment Director, the Manager and emptied the useless signings we had accumulated, we would have been in a much better position. 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, cosanostra said:

Likely. Naismith is going to have a serious rebuild but he'll probably have some serious access to funds that few Hearts managers have ever had.

Replacing Beni, Shankland and possibly Cochrane is a mammoth task.

Highlights how difficult it us to build anything long them as well.

Almost impossible  tbh.

Souttar, Gino lnow ikely Beni and Shankland, Cochrane.

Really difficult to build a team.

karipidis
21 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Highlights how difficult it us to build anything long them as well.

Almost impossible  tbh.

Souttar, Gino lnow ikely Beni and Shankland, Cochrane.

Really difficult to build a team.

It is, but I would say we have been better at retaining players and not having huge amounts of turnover each transfer window. However, if Beni and Shankland leave it will be a big rebuilding job. 

Watt-Zeefuik

He wants a move to a bigger league and a greater level of fame. Who wouldn't? Even Dave McKay who said all he ever wanted to do was play for Hearts went on to Spurs and Derby.

At the very least there's nothing here to give any aid and comfort to the OF or the English Championship for that matter.

I could see him going to Serie A for a few years. Hopefully he wins us a cup before he goes.

And who knows, the time in Belgium may have put continental sides off. The offers in the summer may not be what he wants, and we might get an extension with him. I'm not giving up hope on that.

He'll end up at Rangers, no doubt.

If it were to happen. The price should be fair and we should add that he can never play against us. :lol:

Watt-Zeefuik
23 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

He'll end up at Rangers, no doubt.

If it were to happen. The price should be fair and we should add that he can never play against us. :lol:

He just said he wants to play places that he can't at Hearts. Aside from Benfica vs. Fiorentina, I'm not really sure how moving to Rangers helps him do that.

chrystaf
47 minutes ago, Watt-Zeefuik said:

He wants a move to a bigger league and a greater level of fame. Who wouldn't? Even Dave McKay who said all he ever wanted to do was play for Hearts went on to Spurs and Derby.

At the very least there's nothing here to give any aid and comfort to the OF or the English Championship for that matter.

I could see him going to Serie A for a few years. Hopefully he wins us a cup before he goes.

And who knows, the time in Belgium may have put continental sides off. The offers in the summer may not be what he wants, and we might get an extension with him. I'm not giving up hope on that.

I'll second that.  We can but hope.

Smithian

I'm not naive to the fact that Hearts are the third biggest club in what is maybe the 8th or 9th best league in Europe. And that until you're putting on a shirt for a club like Liverpool, Man City, Real Madrid, and Bayern Munich, there is always a bigger club.

But I really don't love the club's captain doing "we have to be realistic about Hearts" interview. Especially when Hearts haven't had a really positive Europe experience last two seasons nor have Hearts won any trophies. He isn't wrong. I just don't like it.

I want Shankland to stay, but if he goes let's put the armband on a player whose level is Hearts and won't understandably be looking elsewhere. Someone like Kent or Devlin. A player who may lack Shankland's ability but whose career success is probably most attainable by Hearts being highly competitive.

1 hour ago, Smithian said:

I'm not naive to the fact that Hearts are the third biggest club in what is maybe the 8th or 9th best league in Europe. And that until you're putting on a shirt for a club like Liverpool, Man City, Real Madrid, and Bayern Munich, there is always a bigger club.

But I really don't love the club's captain doing "we have to be realistic about Hearts" interview. Especially when Hearts haven't had a really positive Europe experience last two seasons nor have Hearts won any trophies. He isn't wrong. I just don't like it.

I want Shankland to stay, but if he goes let's put the armband on a player whose level is Hearts and won't understandably be looking elsewhere. Someone like Kent or Devlin. A player who may lack Shankland's ability but whose career success is probably most attainable by Hearts being highly competitive.

I don't want to talk extensively about Shanks leaving yet, but you've made a great point about Kent or Devlin being logicial successors. Probably Kent for me - gives me Pressley vibes in terms of being natural captain material. Devlin I think is still a work in progress, but absolutely a player whose workrate sets the standard IMO.