Shankland Stats

Watt-Zeefuik

Watt-Zeefuik

The ridiculous accomplishments this season continue to pile up and are worthy of their own thread, particularly now that he's passed 50 goals for the club (and in doing so passed Skacel on the goals list).

The other one I posted in another thread was that out of the last 18 competitive matches, there are just 3 that Shankland hasn't scored in for us.

Watt-Zeefuik

Also, here's one that can get updated on the regular.

image.png.11d374ce79f66a116354a442b0682159.png

highlandjambo3
6 minutes ago, Watt-Zeefuik said:

Also, here's one that can get updated on the regular.

image.png.11d374ce79f66a116354a442b0682159.png

That Kyogo chap is rated at £20mil …..  Love to put that to one of the weeg pundits and ask how come they rate Shanks at 2-3mil ……. There would be no logical answer but a lot of weegie spaff.

Watt-Zeefuik

Shanks today got to 24 goals in 33 competitive appearances for Hearts this season. That's a tremendous goal per game ratio.

What makes this even more impresive is that this includes an 8 game stretch where he didn't score. He scored in the home loss to PAOK (a pen) on 24 August. Across 6 league games, one LC game (the win at Kilmarnock), and the away loss to PAOK, he didn't score until 22 October when he scored in the loss at home to Celtic.

Outside of that 8 game stretch, that puts him on 24 goals in 26 games.

Hearts of Vladland
On 09/02/2024 at 18:07, highlandjambo3 said:

That Kyogo chap is rated at £20mil …..  Love to put that to one of the weeg pundits and ask how come they rate Shanks at 2-3mil ……. There would be no logical answer but a lot of weegie spaff.

Shankland is younger as well

Shooter McGavin

You just know they’ll give player of the season to Callum McGregor or something…

:facepalm:

queensferryjambo

Something a wee bit different, but think Shanks has also cleared the ball off the line 3 or 4 times this season for us whilst back defending. 

Some amount of points he has got us this season.

Gundermann
17 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

You just know they’ll give player of the season to Callum McGregor or something…

C*ntwell from Sevco probably. 

Shooter McGavin
56 minutes ago, queensferryjambo said:

Something a wee bit different, but think Shanks has also cleared the ball off the line 3 or 4 times this season for us whilst back defending. 

Only scored 1 goal in his first 8 league games this season too

13 goals in his last 11 games.

Has scored against all 14 Scottish sides he's faced during his time with Hearts.  And scored against 4 of the 6 European sides he's faced.  Istanbul and Fiorentina are the only teams he's not managed a goal against.

52 goals for Hearts now, making him joint 36th top scorer in our history.

In terms of recent history, he's now just two goals short of Jamie Walker's 54 scored across 240 games.  Seven short of Colin Cameron's 59 across 189 games.  And twelve short of Gary Mackay's 64 across 640 games.  Robbo the only other to have played since the 1980's with more Hearts goals than him.

image.png.0d0a8dde9ec79bed37f15e612f305c8f.png

AlimOzturk

I think the biggest significant leap forward not represented in stats in Shanks game has been the leadership role he has taken on. The way he put an arm on Halketts shoulder when he was going off injured just showed true captain material. 

Gordon may be club captain and a brilliant one at that but Shanks is 100% the on field club captain and leader. 

He needs to realise he won’t get this elsewhere. 

Mad how folk on here were not convinced he would be any good before we signed him!

Where would we be without him now?

1 hour ago, Shooter McGavin said:

100%

Whichever bigot brother wins the league. Doesn’t matter if Shanks got to 40 goals and win the Scottish cup. It’ll be McGregor or Butland, I’d put money on it. 

Not a better finisher in the league he scores all types of goals and didn’t realise how good he was with his head lethal. 
What a goal scorer he is incredible 

DalryJambo
33 minutes ago, Hansel said:

Mad how folk on here were not convinced he would be any good before we signed him!

I'd never right-off a player without giving them time to settle, and definitely not before they'd even joined us, but I think given his history in the league and the form he'd been showing for his previous club wasn't that of a prolific goal scorer (all be it playing out of position I think), it was reasonably fair for people to be slightly sceptical that he'd be the striker we had been needing.

I don't think anyone would have expected him to be as good as he has become.

Harry Potter
3 hours ago, queensferryjambo said:

very true, he's all over the park.

I wonder,I wonder in all my dreams,I saw the best goal scorer in the whole league, then I woke up, SHANKS , had scored 2 more.😎👍❤️

10 hours ago, Watt-Zeefuik said:

Shanks today got to 24 goals in 33 competitive appearances for Hearts this season. That's a tremendous goal per game ratio.

What makes this even more impresive is that this includes an 8 game stretch where he didn't score. He scored in the home loss to PAOK (a pen) on 24 August. Across 6 league games, one LC game (the win at Kilmarnock), and the away loss to PAOK, he didn't score until 22 October when he scored in the loss at home to Celtic.

Outside of that 8 game stretch, that puts him on 24 goals in 26 games.

It's crazy to think he went practically 2 months without a single goal!

3 hours ago, boag1874 said:

It's crazy to think he went practically 2 months without a single goal!

Imagine if he didn't have that drought. 

LarrysRightFoot

Mentioned it a couple of times on different threads but I think his first last night was his 200th senior career goal. 

vegas-voss

It's not just the goals it's the nature of them.All different types and many absolute quality even the ones you think are simple they are all beautifully taken.

Robbo-Jambo
14 hours ago, queensferryjambo said:

Good point 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Just noticed, we have won 7 away games on the bounce too, ok Spartans and Airdrie in there, but so are Celtic

indianajones
On 12/02/2024 at 06:08, Hearts of Vladland said:

Shankland is younger as well

I had to look this up as I didn't believe it. 

Kyogo doesn't look 29 at all. Honestly thought he was in his early 20s. Maybe explains as to why no one came in for him.

That Belgian mob must be wondering WTF they did wrong. Cheers for the cut price deal, chaps.

Polonia Gorgie
3 minutes ago, Gershwin said:

That Belgian mob must be wondering WTF they did wrong. Cheers for the cut price deal, chaps.

I watched Shankland talking about his time in Belgium, he said the boy that signed him got sacked by the new manager played him as a right back

Watt-Zeefuik
40 minutes ago, hmfc1984 said:

Watch this a few times 👀

Holy crap. Even Gordon is like, "did he just do that?"

43 minutes ago, hmfc1984 said:

Watch this a few times 👀

You haven't shown the bit where he's beaten by the metal 'defender'  🙂

scott herbertson
15 minutes ago, Polonia Gorgie said:

I watched Shankland talking about his time in Belgium, he said the boy that signed him got sacked by the new manager played him as a right back

That must be one of the stupidest managerial decisions of all time

33 minutes ago, RENE said:

You haven't shown the bit where he's beaten by the metal 'defender'  🙂

Hibs are buying four of these metal defenders. Cheaper and same effect 😜

59 minutes ago, Polonia Gorgie said:

Right back!?

12 minutes ago, hmfc1984 said:

Hibs are buying four of these metal defenders. Cheaper and same effect 😜

😁

On 12/02/2024 at 09:12, Hansel said:

What's worse, is those that wanted him benched at the start of the season. After seeing what he contributed last year too. Mental

Polonia Gorgie
13 hours ago, JJ93 said:

Right back!?

he talks about being played out of position here.

• 3 weeks later...
Watt-Zeefuik

By my figuring, Shanks moved onto 55 goals for Hearts in his 84th appearance at Hearts. This moves him past Jamie Walker and into a tie with Archie Garrett, who holds the distinction of the highest goal/game ratio of any Hearts player with more than 10 goals. Garrett scored an unimaginable 55 goals in just 44 appearances between 1938 and 1946 for a 1.25 goal per game record.

With two goals in the last two appearances, Shanks goes to .654 goals per game, putting him currently ahead of of Terrible Trio member Jimmy Wardaugh (.648 gpg) and just behind King Willie Bauld (.673). Among players who played since the Trio hung up their boots, Shanks' gpg is third, behind Tommy White (1963-65, .846) and Genero Zeefuik (2015, .8).

Shankland of course remains atop the league scoring lists and has now passed 20 league goals in a season for the second straight season.

image.thumb.png.a8f635a5420510ba419404c13206b6c9.png

hmfc1984
4 minutes ago, Watt-Zeefuik said:

By my figuring, Shanks moved onto 55 goals for Hearts in his 84th appearance at Hearts. This moves him past Jamie Walker and into a tie with Archie Garrett, who holds the distinction of the highest goal/game ratio of any Hearts player with more than 10 goals. Garrett scored an unimaginable 55 goals in just 44 appearances between 1938 and 1946 for a 1.25 goal per game record.

With two goals in the last two appearances, Shanks goes to .654 goals per game, putting him currently ahead of of Terrible Trio member Jimmy Wardaugh (.648 gpg) and just behind King Willie Bauld (.673). Among players who played since the Trio hung up their boots, Shanks' gpg is third, behind Tommy White (1963-65, .846) and Genero Zeefuik (2015, .8).

Shankland of course remains atop the league scoring lists and has now passed 20 league goals in a season for the second straight season.

image.thumb.png.a8f635a5420510ba419404c13206b6c9.png

Scored more goals this season than the rest of our team combined! Of course if Shanks hasn't been playing you have to assume someone else would have been picking up more goals but never what he has. It's an insane stat tho. 

Also I believe I seen on London Hearts website he is now our 35th all time top goal scorer which is incredible after such a short time. 

Screenshot_20240306-140700.png

Edited by hmfc1984

On 12/02/2024 at 09:15, DS98 said:

100%

Whichever bigot brother wins the league. Doesn’t matter if Shanks got to 40 goals and win the Scottish cup. It’ll be McGregor or Butland, I’d put money on it. 

It'll be Butland.  He's been bigged up a lot in the papers for England call up so you can bet he'll be Player of the Year.

Watt-Zeefuik
5 minutes ago, hmfc1984 said:

Scored more goals this season than the rest of our team combined! Of course if Shanks hasn't been playing you have to assume someone else would have been picking up more goals but never what he has. It's an insane stat tho. 

Also I believe I seen on London Hearts website he is now our 35th all time top goal scorer which is incredible after such a short time. 

Screenshot_20240306-140700.png

London Hearts last updated after the Rangers game so I'm adding two goals and two appearances to their total. If that's correct, he's now tied for #33 on the list.

Bazzas right boot
On 12/02/2024 at 09:12, Hansel said:

More mad that one poster would bin him now for not extending and around September many were calling him fat, un interested and wanted him punted. 

After all our speculation, we have finally heard from the man himself.  
Reveals a bit about what his drivers are 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68506639

He does love Hearts. 
Main driver does not appear to be cash 

Hearts can’t fulfil all his ambitions.   
“winning things he can’t at Hearts”

”Playing in a different Country”. 
Maybe high Championship/low Prem doesn’t do that for him. 
Uglies would tick the winning things. 
Belgium wasn’t a success. Maybe a left field Miami/Dubai might attract him. Big money. Different Country. Different challenge. 
Looks a real probability, if an attractive offer comes in, he will be off. He’s good enough to attract such an offer.
Think we should be planning to rebuild Hearts frontline.  That won’t be replacing like for like. That’s 3-4 better than the rest players who, between them, can contribute what Shanks currently does. 

maroongoals

That story is a come and get me by him, and it will be about cash, agree we need to be looking

hmfc_liam06

He's certainly making noises anyway, think we all just need to enjoy him for the rest of the season while he's still here.

Bazzas right boot
17 minutes ago, Sid said:

After all our speculation, we have finally heard from the man himself.  
Reveals a bit about what his drivers are 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68506639

He does love Hearts. 
Main driver does not appear to be cash 

Hearts can’t fulfil all his ambitions.   
“winning things he can’t at Hearts”

”Playing in a different Country”. 
Maybe high Championship/low Prem doesn’t do that for him. 
Uglies would tick the winning things. 
Belgium wasn’t a success. Maybe a left field Miami/Dubai might attract him. Big money. Different Country. Different challenge. 
Looks a real probability, if an attractive offer comes in, he will be off. He’s good enough to attract such an offer.
Think we should be planning to rebuild Hearts frontline.  That won’t be replacing like for like. That’s 3-4 better than the rest players who, between them, can contribute what Shanks currently does. 

Aye,it's looking that way.

Big summer incoming.  - Beni and Shankland likley away.