Scottish Cup v Morton - Mon 11/3 19:45 : Sold out ( updated )

martoon

2-1 Morton FT. 

A warning to the SPL sides v decent lower opposition.   Airdrie obviously present a tough test but we're in much better shape than Motherwell. 

• Replies 926
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• davemclaren

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• been here before

No Idle Talk

Andy Halliday scored two goals on Tuesday. On the bench tonight. Weird decision. 

superjack

Morton vs. Motherwell, I was going to say 2 1 to motherwell, silly me. 🤣🤣🤣

Aberdeen vs. Bonnyrigg, 4 0 to the sheep.

ICT vs. Hibernian, 3 1 to caley.

Kilmarnock vs. Cove, 5 1 to killie

Partick vs. Livi, 3 2 to thistle

Rangers vs. Ayr, 2 1 to the huns.

St. Mirren vs. Celtic, 6 0 to the victims.

Airdrie vs. Hearts, 5 1 to the famous.

jamborich
Just now, JJ93 said:

Why

Scottish cup winners go above 3rd place in Europe if the old firm get to the final it gives us a better chance of getting Europa league play of spot and of course more money let’s hope we can win it ourselves 

buzzbomb1958
Just now, jamborich said:

Scottish cup winners go above 3rd place in Europe if the old firm get to the final it gives us a better chance of getting Europa league play of spot and of course more money let’s hope we can win it ourselves 

That rule is a kin joke a competition that you can win in 5 games takes precedent over a full season kin ridiculous 

Spitonastranger

At least we know who The Rangers get at home the next round 

No Idle Talk
17 minutes ago, jamborich said:

We need Celtic an Rangers to win

No thanks. I hope they both get pumped oot and I will take my chances on us to win the cup from there. 

The Treasurer
4 minutes ago, Spitonastranger said:

At least we know who The Rangers get at home the next round 

Exactly what I was thinking 

jamborich
2 minutes ago, No Idle Talk said:

No thanks. I hope they both get pumped oot and I will take my chances on us to win the cup from there. 

Stupid comment would you be happy if Hibs or Aberdeen win the cup the old firm will make us more money if we finish 3rd

1971fozzy

After the vermin celebrating their vintage 1970 Brazil like performance in their latest defeat v a terrible Celtic , I’m going for their return to shit form 🤣 and a 2-0 ICT win

No Idle Talk
1 minute ago, jamborich said:

Stupid comment would you be happy if Hibs or Aberdeen win the cup the old firm will make us more money if we finish 3rd

Stupid comment. Aye awrite pal.

I don't watch football for money. I want to see Hearts win trophies. If Rangers and Celtic get pumped oot, our chances of winning the cup increase exponentially. 

dannymack

Morton vs. Motherwell

Aberdeen 5 vs. 0 Bonnyrigg Rose

Inverness Caledonian Thistle 2 vs. 2 Hibs

Kilmarnock 4 vs. 0 Cove Rangers

Partick Thistle 1 vs. 2 Livingston 

Rangers 4 vs. 0 Ayr United

St. Mirren 2 vs. 1 Celtic

Airdrieonians vs. Hearts Away Win.

dannymack
29 minutes ago, jamborich said:

We need Celtic an Rangers to win

If Rangers and that horrible lot go out then I'd be very, very surprised if Heart of Midlothian do not go on to win that Association Cup.

Fozzyonthefence
24 minutes ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

That rule is a kin joke a competition that you can win in 5 games takes precedent over a full season kin ridiculous 

And rightly so.  It’s a great achievement winning the Scottish Cup and celebrated by any non OF club who wins it with open top bus parades.  Never seen anyone doing that for finishing 3rd.  

Should 5th place in the league get a European place instead of the cup winners?  Where do you draw the line?  The League Cup is shite now that they’ve taken away it’s European place (I still want to win it though).

Edited by Fozzyonthefence

Hectormasson
15 minutes ago, No Idle Talk said:

ditto👍👍👍

Celtic are stuttering over the past couple of games but you have to look at the bigger picture. They're still top of the league and still a side who have lost only 2 league games out of 25 this season. For anybody else that's remarkable form.

I will be surprised if they don't get themselves together and dump St Mirren. The same St Mirren they beat 3-0 at St Mirren park just last month.

Rangers will have beaten Ayr before the halftime whistle blows. 

jamborich
2 minutes ago, dannymack said:

If Rangers and that horrible lot go out then I'd be very, very surprised if Heart of Midlothian do not go on to win that Association Cup.

It’s not about us winning the Scottish cup I hope we do but finishing 3rd is our goal for financial reasons if rangers or Celtic get to the final what we don’t want is any other team winning the cup fecks our 3rd place

Spitonastranger
17 minutes ago, jamborich said:

Bricking it from the wee team and a 70s tribute band 😄

5 minutes ago, jamborich said:

It’s not about us winning the Scottish cup I hope we do but finishing 3rd is our goal for financial reasons if rangers or Celtic get to the final what we don’t want is any other team winning the cup fecks our 3rd place

Indeed, whether people like it or not it's all about money. You can be guaranteed the board will have the same view you do.

jamborich
3 minutes ago, Spitonastranger said:

Bricking it from the wee team and a 70s tribute band 😄

lol amazing well played 

Spitonastranger
1 minute ago, jamborich said:

lol amazing well played 

Thanks see at the final and have a pint

jamborich
4 minutes ago, Spitonastranger said:

Thanks see at the final and have a pint

lol look forward to you working it out 

Fozzyonthefence
15 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

Indeed, whether people like it or not it's all about money. You can be guaranteed the board will have the same view you do.

To football fans winning the cup should be the most important thing.  Isn’t that what we follow Hearts for, in the hope that every now and then we will actually win something?  Leave the balance sheets to the board and the accountants and of course the Hoboconomists.  

1 minute ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

To football fans winning the cup should be the most important thing.  Isn’t that what we follow Hearts for, in the hope that every now and then we will actually win something?  Leave the balance sheets to the board and the accountants and of course the Hoboconomists.  

Nobody is disputing what fans might want, what they're saying is that the people who actually run the clubs, the boards, while they may even be fans themselves have a far more pragmatic unemotional view of it.

Because they know money is what can get you trophies, money is exactly why the OF have scores between them. People want to throw millions at Shankland but aren't interested in the economics?

The board are and rightly so. 

Fozzyonthefence
4 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

Nobody is disputing what fans might want, what they're saying is that the people who actually run the clubs, the boards, while they may even be fans themselves have a far more pragmatic unemotional view of it.

Because they know money is what can get you trophies, money is exactly why the OF have scores between them. People want to throw millions at Shankland but aren't interested in the economics?

The board are and rightly so. 

Well let the board worry about that and enjoy your Saturday / Sunday afternoons watching the football. We’re not on the board!

If we as I hope getvpast airdrie I don't think anyone wants us in the draw, including old firm, especially if we get a home draw for the quarters. Which we should be due given the chances..

I still want old firm out. Forget the euro permutations. I want us winning the cup and that's far more likely if they're both out. If for example we can't beat Aberdeen in a final then fair enough but I'd fancy us against any of the other non old firm clubs just now.

Come on Hearts. Make us dream!!!

2 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Well let the board worry about that and enjoy your Saturday / Sunday afternoons watching the football. We’re not on the board!

So are we not allowed to talk about the board or what they would want?

N Lincs Jambo
1 hour ago, jamborich said:

The OF get pumped out and we’re definitely bookies favourites for the cup. In that scenario it’s up to us to deliver. Far better scenario than wanting one of the arse cheeks to win the cup.

Fozzyonthefence
5 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

So are we not allowed to talk about the board or what they would want?

If you must but I’m not really interested in the board and this is a thread about the Scottish Cup.  Plenty other threads about the board.  Who cares what the board want, what do we want?  I want a win against Airdrie and then an easy home draw in the quarters then see who is left after that. 

Edited by Fozzyonthefence

1 minute ago, N Lincs Jambo said:

The OF get pumped out and we’re definitely bookies favourites for the cup. In that scenario it’s up to us to deliver. Far better scenario than wanting one of the arse cheeks to win the cup.

It's not exactly accurate to say anyone wants the OF to win the cup, apart from OF fans obviously. What they want is Hearts to get that Europa play off spot, and the chances of either of the OF winning the SC no matter who they play is very very high. While I would say the chances of Hearts taking 3rd are just as high.

The fan wishes don't align with historical and current reality. 

I always avoid cup games on the bookies because you just never know. 

Morton vs. Motherwell (2-2)

Aberdeen vs. Bonnyrigg (4-0)

ICT vs. Hibernian (1-1)

Kilmarnock vs. Cove (2-1)

Partick vs. Livi (2-1)

Rangers vs. Ayr (5-0)

St. Mirren vs. Celtic (1-2)

Airdrie vs. Hearts (0-2)

1 hour ago, Cruyff said:

I always avoid cup games on the bookies because you just never know. 

Morton vs. Motherwell (2-2)

Aberdeen vs. Bonnyrigg (4-0)

ICT vs. Hibernian (1-1)

Kilmarnock vs. Cove (2-1)

Partick vs. Livi (2-1)

Rangers vs. Ayr (5-0)

St. Mirren vs. Celtic (1-2)

Airdrie vs. Hearts (0-2)

Morton have already beaten Motherwell 2-1, Johann. 😉😊

dannymack
2 hours ago, jamborich said:

Sorry but that Scottish Cup means more to me than a European place and money. 

dannymack
2 hours ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

It's been far too long... The silverware before the cash. 

Screenshot_20200301_184118.jpg

52 minutes ago, martoon said:

Morton have already beaten Motherwell 2-1, Johann. 😉😊

:lol: I was close 👍👍

52 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

:lol: I was close 👍👍

Closer than me with my 1-2 Motherwell. 😄

jamborich
4 hours ago, N Lincs Jambo said:

Im not talking about them winning that’s up to us I’m talking about one of them getting to the final which would secure our Europa cup play off spot

gregzy2k7

I predict both OF teams will go through,

Aberdeen really should go through,

The one other than Morton that could be a wee shock is the Inverness v hibs game, oh please that would be absolutely box office.

There for I fancy,

Morton

Rangers

Celtic

Aberdeen 

Inverness 

Livingston

Kilmarnock

Hearts

I predict we will draw Livi at home in the next round.

In an ideal world we’ll get past Airdrie. Then I’d like the sheep at home in the quarters, the hobos in the semis and a cup win against the green erse cheek in the final. It’s about time we stepped it up in the final and reality is, we have no one to fear bar ourselves.

Playing with confidence is doing wonders for the players moral as we have a strong kindred spirit and a winning mentality which is filtering down to our support. Let’s keep it up as match days haven’t tasted this good for a long time. 

Aberdeen vs. Bonnyrigg  6-0

ICT vs. Hibernian  2-1 

Kilmarnock vs. Cove 4-0 

Partick vs. Livi  3-1

Rangers vs. Ayr  4-1

St. Mirren vs. Celtic 2-1 

Airdrie vs. Hearts 1-3 (aet)

Edited by May98

I'm in the get the OF pumped out as soon as possible camp. 

Would rather see a trophy paraded along Gorgie Road than a big Cheque.

1 minute ago, cheetah said:

Yep. I just don’t get the argument that the club should somehow prioritise finishing third over trying to win the Cup so that we can get more money which will enable us to challenge for trophies … like the Scottish Cup.

:1132:

I sincerely hope absolutely no-one at the club buys into this kind of muddled thinking. There’s absolutely no conflict of interest in a club of our size busting a gut to win the Cup and finish best of the rest in the league. It’s not as if we’re playing cup ties every Wednesday or something. Another two wins and we’re at Hampden.

The Treasurer

I see the GFA have shown sevco who is boss by appointing Collum for their high pressure game at home to Ayr. 

Still not been in charge of one of their league games since they demanded he was banned from their games 

Go for it 1308
10 hours ago, No Idle Talk said:

This

Go for it 1308
44 minutes ago, cheetah said:

👍

• davemclaren changed the title to Scottish Cup v Morton - Mon 11/3 19:45 : Sold out ( updated )
  • davemclaren locked this topic