Hibs debt situation explained by Hibs Supporters Ltd Chairman.

Section Q

pettigrewsstylist
15 hours ago, PHSCAndy said:

What I’m not understanding is that this Foley news is major stuff yet on their main forum there’s actually only 3 threads relating to this in their top 40. 
What I’m reading from this is that they realise/fear what could happen and have chosen to hide their ‘heads in the sand’ hoping if they don’t talk about it - it won’t happen. 
I’d imagine in their ‘Private Forum’ its being discussed intensively. 

Im no expert on the legal side. It seems to me they understand they have no control so are worrying and fretting in silence. They have had years to move HSL forward to its max uptake and then force the issue for more shareholding from far more philanthropic owners. They minced around and watched.

https://www.supporters-direct.scot/hibernian-supporters-limited-insist-more-fan-ownership-is-inevitable-in-scottish-football-as-they-increase-hibs-shareholding/

To be fair our situation was borne from existential emergency, (though i appreciate many yrs work had set the foundations that allowed FOH to succeed at that crucial monent).

For many yrs Hobos in HSL peddled the line "How many shares do FOH actually own?" "Budge will never give up her interest pension" and when new stand delay and then covid came along this validated their stance as they repeated "how many shares do FOH own" and  shouted about 15% shareholding.

Presntly...Me.....SMUG as ****.

This state of denial is going to break them, under questioning, as it takes its trajectory form here on.

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sooks

• leipzig76

• Section Q

• pettigrewsstylist

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Vlad Magic

Looks a mere formality this being voted through.

Im keeping my powder dry for now. There is the possibility this will work in their favour. What is clear though is IF it doesn’t there isn’t a single thing they can do about it. 

It comes across as a very high risk strategy. They will be completely at the mercy of BKG and whatever that brings with it.

hereford_hearts

Looking forward to buying a retirement flat on what was formally Easter road. Then using the tesco express, conviently located on the ground floor😉

Just now, hereford_hearts said:

Looking forward to buying a retirement flat on what was formally Easter road. Then using the tesco express, conviently located on the ground floor😉

Probably won’t stock Lucazade.😐

18 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

Looks a mere formality this being voted through.

Im keeping my powder dry for now. There is the possibility this will work in their favour. What is clear though is IF it doesn’t there isn’t a single thing they can do about it. 

It comes across as a very high risk strategy. They will be completely at the mercy of BKG and whatever that brings with it.

If it fails then time will tell. Lorient could be a future indicator of how he deals with hibs if they go the same way.

still think the Gordon’s want out.

pettigrewsstylist
2 minutes ago, sac said:

If it fails then time will tell. Lorient could be a future indicator of how he deals with hibs if they go the same way.

The Gordons are totally getting out. This is act1 of the play.

John Findlay
6 minutes ago, sac said:

I agree. That process started the day after Ron Gordon passed away.

Biffa Bacon

Foley is not donating some of his wealth, he is investing in a project for some gain, either to help Bournemouth or to make money. It sounds similar to Mark Ogren at Dundee Utd, he has a finger in the pie of several american sports businesses. Naively Ogren had aspirations to challenge at the top of league and did splash cash, but we all know how that ended.

Numerous owners think that they can do differently and achieve success, very few do, and when they tire of footing the bill they want an exit strategy that recovers their investment. When he invests £6M it is not a gift, of course he hopes for success, but ultimately he has shares to sell to the next owner/incumbent.

skacel103
6 minutes ago, Biffa Bacon said:

Foley is not donating some of his wealth, he is investing in a project for some gain, either to help Bournemouth or to make money. It sounds similar to Mark Ogren at Dundee Utd, he has a finger in the pie of several american sports businesses. Naively Ogren had aspirations to challenge at the top of league and did splash cash, but we all know how that ended.

Numerous owners think that they can do differently and achieve success, very few do, and when they tire of footing the bill they want an exit strategy that recovers their investment. When he invests £6M it is not a gift, of course he hopes for success, but ultimately he has shares to sell to the next owner/incumbent.

Quite easy to get that money back on wages alone. Maybe 5 loan players from bournemouth a season costs hibs 20k a week in wages in total. That's 1 million a year. 6 seasons you have your money back and free stake in the club. 

jambo-in-furness

you’ve got to laugh,  the first thing the Gordons did was stop the HSL shares buy in,  now they’ve made the shares HSL have absolutely zero worth or influence,  why the Hibs fans still think the Gordon’s are the real deal, and this black knights group are riding in to help is beyond me,  they’ve bought possibly very valuable Edinburgh real estate, nothing more, nothing less.

1971fozzy
1 hour ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

The Gordons are totally getting out. This is act1 of the play.

yep. That’s why as soon as they bought it they effectively shut down HSLs aim of buying the % they wanted / needed. Quite why that never set alarm bells ringing I don’t understand. Now Foley is getting in on it and he’s never even been to Edinburgh never mind Easter road. 
its mind boggling that they are so blind

Mikey1874
1 hour ago, Biffa Bacon said:

Agree its very similar. Both ignoring the basics of sport to win the sporting matches. 

leipzig76
1 hour ago, John Findlay said:

I agree. That process started the day after Ron Gordon passed away.

What I can't seem to get my best pal and his couple of Hibs supporting brothers to understand or accept/admit is that nowhere was this an altruistic decision by Ron Gordon nor was it because he was a Hibs supporter. HSA have seen us build FOH for 11/12 years and have still done nothing,majorly, about getting their own house in order.

Mikey1874
6 minutes ago, leipzig76 said:

What I can't seem to get my best pal and his couple of Hibs supporting brothers to understand or accept/admit is that nowhere was this an altruistic decision by Ron Gordon nor was it because he was a Hibs supporter. HSA have seen us build FOH for 11/12 years and have still done nothing,majorly, about getting their own house in order.

They did have a chance because there was a good momentum behind HSL at one point. Whether the complaints and divsisions (I saw legend Brad Welsh mentioned as an opponent) were significant or it faced that big problem of fans preferring a big money investor the chance went. 

pettigrewsstylist
6 minutes ago, leipzig76 said:

Floating charges over everything of value and then loaned them money?  Really not rocket science.

1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

They did have a chance because there was a good momentum behind HSL at one point. Whether the complaints and divsisions (I saw legend Brad Welsh mentioned as an opponent) were significant or it faced that big problem of fans preferring a big money investor the chance went. 

Brad the drug dealing thug , hired a triangle advertising trailer and drove it around Edinburgh with posters on it telling everyone it was a Ponzi scheme . Simon Pia cast aspersions about the motives behind it as he had a personal beef with Tom Farmer . Pishy pants Stanton and Kano the mutant slavered pish about it on the back of a flat bed lorry doon Leith , like some post apocalyptic version of Sensuality by Bjork :lol:  

2 hours ago, Hearts007 said:

hopefully all goes breasts skywards

Great quote, I also obviously like 'TITS UP'.

Mikey1874
5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Brad the drug dealing thug , hired a triangle advertising trailer and drove it around Edinburgh with posters on it telling everyone it was a Ponzi scheme . Simon Pia cast aspersions about the motives behind it as he had a personal beef with Tom Farmer . Pishy pants Stanton and Kano the mutant slavered pish about it on the back of a flat bed lorry doon Leith , like some post apocalyptic version of Sensuality by Bjork :lol:  

History 

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/jackie-mcnamara-angered-by-ponzi-scheme-claims-884958

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/share-offer-backed-by-hibs-support-at-feisty-agm-1514107

leipzig76
12 minutes ago, Sooks said:

That genuinely gies me the willies

I doubt Foley is going to be wanting much in return for his investment, financially.  He’s a billionaire after all.  My guess is he’s using Hibs to develop players for his other teams.  Expect they’ll sign a few youngsters in the summer or will just end up with more loan players 

Biffa Bacon
6 minutes ago, Badonde said:

I doubt Foley is going to be wanting much in return for his investment, financially.  He’s a billionaire after all.  My guess is he’s using Hibs to develop players for his other teams.  Expect they’ll sign a few youngsters in the summer or will just end up with more loan players 

That's not how billionaires work. He did not get to be a billionaire by not wanting much for his investment, I seriously doubt he has changed his business model now, even if he is almost 80. He would not be able to pick a Hibs player out of a line up, and has no allegiance to them. 

scott herbertson
44 minutes ago, Badonde said:

Also a place to get rid of players who have failed/ are disruptive at your clubs higher up the pyramid

scott herbertson
Just now, scott herbertson said:

Also a place to get rid of players who have failed/ are disruptive at your clubs higher up the pyramid but still under contract

John Findlay
1 hour ago, leipzig76 said:

They simply don't want to copy Hearts.

Nucky Thompson
42 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

They simply don't want to copy Hearts.

They copy absolutely everything else that we do, or try to