Hibs debt situation explained by Hibs Supporters Ltd Chairman.

Section Q

53 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

He then proceeded to give a statement of what they had already done towards reviving the club, mentioning that the promoters had their eye on a field which they had hopes of securing. Up to that time they had guarantees of £115 which however was nothing like sufficient to start the club. He intimated that they desired to open with a first class team and a first class ground.

Some things never change, still can't get their fans to pony up and still waiting for that first class team and first class ground

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sooks

• leipzig76

• Section Q

• pettigrewsstylist

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Gillsland jack

😆

Now it would be so very interesting to find out who exactly they failed to pay....since we are the poppy thieves ken!☺️

Der Kaiser
12 hours ago, EIEIO said:

Originally they were Hibernians then Hibernian , must be Hibernia next?

Hibournian AFC surely?

Doctor FinnBarr
1 hour ago, Gillsland jack said:

😆

Now it would be so very interesting to find out who exactly they failed to pay....since we are the poppy thieves ken!☺️

Little Sisters of the Poor, nap.

Mikey1874
3 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

I expect that the proposals will be accepted at the AGM vote. There will then be some positivity for a short period, depending on the amount of money that they will be able to spend on the team. (It won't be a great amount going by their inherent loss making capability).

Problems will mount when Bydand and the Black Knights decide to sell up with the prospect of the buyer exercising their right to eliminate all the small shareholders.  I think Hibs have around 2,400 small shareholders

I'm sure that if that had happened at Hearts, 8,000 small shareholders would not be happy.

There will only be positivity if their results have improved by then. Optimism over some of the new signings will help that. But if it goes to shit over the next few games it could be very toxic.

SpruceBringsteen

They'll always exist in one form or another but imagine giving up your entire club history (such that it it is) to become Bournemouth D. An English club about the size of Falkirk and you give up your entire existence for them and to service them. New owner thinks it's a bit of fun. Thank christ it's not my club. 

PortyBeach
8 hours ago, JTJ said:

In a book about Hibs (borrowed from a Hibs fan at work), there was a big bit about the meeting in the Buchanan Hotel. The Publican asked them if they were any connection to "The Irishmen" as he was owed a sum of money. They answered "No, nothing to do with them".  

To paraphrase Mandy Rice-Davies, “They would say that, wouldn’t they?”! 🤣

Ronald Villiers

Makes sense as to why they were so keen to let Foley invest in them.  In dire need of cash to keep them afloat.  This isn't going to end well.  Such a shame for the tramps.

The summer transfer window will tell them all they need to know. Unfortunately for them If it’s going to go tits it’ll be too late by then and their club will be on the market for any random to buy. That’s lucrative land that ER sits on!

pettigrewsstylist
16 hours ago, cazzyy said:

It's not that bad, you get to flick the vickie's every time you pass the road end. Childish I know, but it just has to be done. 

As wee bairns we used to hold our breath transiting Easter road. If there was traffic my mum was in a right stooshie as me and my brother sat on back seat turning blue.

Rudiscoresagain
1 minute ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

As wee bairns we used to hold our breath transiting Easter road. If there was traffic my mum was in a right stooshie as me and my brother sat on back seat turning blue.

My grandchildren do the same nowadays 

4 minutes ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

Who do we email to make them go bust quicker?

Nick Montgomery with your team selection.

Jambo in Bathgate
13 minutes ago, leginten said:

No! That’s being helpful! 😂

WorldChampions1902
10 hours ago, Doctor FinnBarr said:

Little Sisters of the Poor, nap.

Football commentator and respected historian Bob Crampsey wrote in one of his books how in their early years, the Hibernians FC Treasurer bolted to Canada with the Church Poor Fund! That money was never recovered and many dirt-poor citizens of Edinburgh had their straitened times exacerbated as a result.

Utter hypocrites.

On 09/02/2024 at 07:59, Jaap's Sigh said:

I seriously hope the ****ers go down the tubes. I’ll never forget or forgive their conduct during our administration.

Rot in hell you verminous, smelly tramps. 

I'm not sure I want them to die as such, but I would like them to be on basically financial life support and go through season after season of derby destruction. 

As you say, the likes of Kevin Moffatt who actively sought to disrupt the administration process to cause liquidation to happen disgust me - there is being rivals, but I think that was just a step too far.. beat us on the pitch you sad sacks. 

But Karma happened, and we were bought by excellent people in Ann Budge and her team who helped facilitate the transition into being the biggest fan owned club in the UK, delivered the new main stand and have also worked miracles off the field to expand our revenue base. Meanwhile, they are selling their soul because they couldn't engage enough fans to make the HSL or whatever the **** its called viable - because Hibs fans care more about us failing than them succeeding. 

59 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

I'm nearly 60 and take a deep breath just before crossing the border into England and just after entering Scotland on the way back, the wife moans at me to shut the car windows as she's freezing. 😄

Kjell Olofsson

I am sure The Proclaimers will step up and  sing another song!  You know, sell a few CD's for the cause! 2 for £1?

jock _turd
1 hour ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

Sadly 99% of the clubs in Scotland that have debt will go bust a long time before Hibs will !

Fake Persona
On 09/02/2024 at 09:55, Victorian said:

Still them.  Always them.  Until they are dead.  And even then...

We will always have the beautiful memories 

38 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

At least Fish will be able to play a charity concert this time!

He‘d probably provide more entertainment trying to shore up his namesake in central defence.

stuart500
15 hours ago, gorgie rd eh11 said:

Edinburgh Hibenian PLC went into liquidation in 1991.

....and then, Bournemouth Hibernian came into existence in 2024. 😀

gordon simpson

not wanting to rub this into our skint about to go tits up wee neighbours 

but do we have our amounts for  january and february FoH  donations ? 

chrisyboy7
2 hours ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

Anyone bar Dundee

Toxteth O'Grady
4 hours ago, leginten said:

He’s managing fine on his own

hmfc_steve
On 09/02/2024 at 08:17, Bauld said:

Won't miss them.

Won't miss the derby. 

Will never forget their conduct during our administration. 

May their misery be brutal and their death painful. 

FTH

I stand with the Never Forget crowd for both Administration and the Covid situations 

2 hours ago, hmfc_steve said:

I stand with the Never Forget crowd for both Administration and the Covid situations 

1 hour ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

I want them dead.

Is the correct answer 

What I’m not understanding is that this Foley news is major stuff yet on their main forum there’s actually only 3 threads relating to this in their top 40. 
What I’m reading from this is that they realise/fear what could happen and have chosen to hide their ‘heads in the sand’ hoping if they don’t talk about it - it won’t happen. 
I’d imagine in their ‘Private Forum’ its being discussed intensively. 

Section Q

Bournemouth takeover: New owner Bill Foley 'a dictator' and 'needs to be captain of the ship'

Last updated on15 December 202215 December 2022.From 

New Bournemouth owner Bill Foley led a takeover of the club because he needs to be "the captain of the ship" - and has described himself as "a dictator".

Foley became Cherries chairman after his Black Knight Football Club group bought the Premier League outfit.

FarmerTweedy
On 09/02/2024 at 13:33, Berrassobad said:

That's monopoly money.......they must've landed on our hotel !

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

FarmerTweedy
On 09/02/2024 at 13:40, By The Light.. said:

29.9% limit is probably down to UK company law where at 30% they have to offer to buy the lot and that would fall foul of FA or UEFA rules on multiple ownership

FTH

What is the rule for 30% takeover in the UK?

Requirement for a mandatory offer: Where a bidder is interested in shares carrying 30% or more of the target's voting share rights, the bidder must make a mandatory offer in cash at no less than the highest price paid during the preceding 12 months (often referred to as a "Rule 9 offer").

Does that cover all companies?  I was under the impression it only applied to stock market listed companies, not private ones.

While I think Bill Foley is an excellent NHL owner and a big time American sports executive, I would be miserable if my hopes for Hearts were tied to his account. Hibs are a rounding error on his Vegas Knights and Bournemouth accounts. They better hope he visited and loves Edinburgh or Hibs will be a random expense his sports people tell him may end up producing a cheap youth talent or two.

30 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Correct. Wiped off the face of the earth. 

Like a skitter on toilet paper 

RudiSkacelsLeftPeg
On 09/02/2024 at 07:03, chrisyboy7 said:

They are fked...club will go up fir sale in the next 2 years....they are losing money big time. Meanwhile Hearts are increasing revenue and a huge gap between the clubs both on and off the park is opening up.  They will never catch us.

What a beautiful post mate. Post of the year. LOVE IT. 

H E A R T S

By The Light..
2 hours ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Does that cover all companies?  I was under the impression it only applied to stock market listed companies, not private ones.

It is a company with unquoted shares, but there has been some public trading or marketing of their shares in the last 10 years. #FTH

Which companies are subject to the City Code?

The City Code applies to all offers for companies which have their registered offices in the UK, the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man if any of their securities are admitted to trading on a UK regulated market (e.g. the Main Market of the London Stock Exchange) or a UK multilateral trading facility (e.g. AIM) or on any stock exchange in the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man.

It also applies to all offers for unquoted public companies which have their registered offices in the UK, the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man and which are considered by the Panel to have their place of central management and control in one of those jurisdictions.

The City Code does not apply to private companies which have their registered offices in the UK, the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man unless (i) there has been some public trading or marketing of their shares in the previous ten years and (ii) the Panel considers that their place of central management and control is in the UK, the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man. The City Code does not apply to offers for open-ended investment companies.

Section Q
3 hours ago, Smithian said:

While I think Bill Foley is an excellent NHL owner and a big time American sports executive, I would be miserable if my hopes for Hearts were tied to his account. Hibs are a rounding error on his Vegas Knights and Bournemouth accounts. They better hope he visited and loves Edinburgh or Hibs will be a random expense his sports people tell him may end up producing a cheap youth talent or two.

He's supposed to have a love of history, and that's where the Hobos are headed.....!

1971fozzy
3 hours ago, Smithian said:

He has never been to Edinburgh. 
sums it up 🤣

FarmerTweedy
4 hours ago, By The Light.. said:

It is a company with unquoted shares, but there has been some public trading or marketing of their shares in the last 10 years. #FTH

Which companies are subject to the City Code?

The City Code applies to all offers for companies which have their registered offices in the UK, the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man if any of their securities are admitted to trading on a UK regulated market (e.g. the Main Market of the London Stock Exchange) or a UK multilateral trading facility (e.g. AIM) or on any stock exchange in the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man.

It also applies to all offers for unquoted public companies which have their registered offices in the UK, the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man and which are considered by the Panel to have their place of central management and control in one of those jurisdictions.

The City Code does not apply to private companies which have their registered offices in the UK, the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man unless (i) there has been some public trading or marketing of their shares in the previous ten years and (ii) the Panel considers that their place of central management and control is in the UK, the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man. The City Code does not apply to offers for open-ended investment companies.

Thanks! 

sandylejambo

Their fans just sat there like Ann Frank's drum kit, they're getting what they wished on us. I hope they end up in the Sunday league.

9 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

He has never been to Edinburgh. 
sums it up 🤣

Aye, they’re good and well screwed.

Turns out their best case scenario is some execs at Bournemouth convincing Foley they need a functioning B Team in the Scottish top flight!

Deid Heid

Get buckled in for the ride you h1b5 ****s.

I'm sure we are going to enjoy every twist and turn towards you ultimate and complete obliteration you h1b5 ****s.

Prior to our administration adn their email campaign and the covid knife in the back I may have felt differently.

Now it is just schadenfreude.

**** you, you h1b5 ****s.

Shooter McGavin

A 149 year old club, being used and abused to benefit Bournemouth…

Bournemouth:rofl: