A letter from Aberdeen, Motherwell, Livingston, Rangers, St Johnstone and St Mirren to the SPFL

speaker

Mr Rabbit
17 minutes ago, jambali said:

No sympathy for them due to their past actions

Their chairman is a massive attention seeker. Always runs to the press when there’s any Scottish football issue.

Was almost a constant rent a quote during the covid issues which saw us demoted. Likes the sound of his own voice.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hagar the Horrible

• HopeDiouf

• davemclaren

• John Findlay

32 minutes ago, Mr Rabbit said:

Their chairman is a massive attention seeker. Always runs to the press when there’s any Scottish football issue.

Was almost a constant rent a quote during the covid issues which saw us demoted. Likes the sound of his own voice.

Quite weird that a club with a 500 average home attendance would think anyone cared what they thought. Always remember the events leading up to demotion where clubs like Albion Rovers, Stenhousemuir and Elgin decoded to loudly voice their opinions in the press before they disappeared into obscurity. 

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Quite weird that a club with a 500 average home attendance would think anyone cared what they thought. Always remember the events leading up to demotion where clubs like Albion Rovers, Stenhousemuir and Elgin decoded to loudly voice their opinions in the press before they disappeared into obscurity. 

Roused by a particularly rousing speech no doubt 

Colonel Kurtz
On 09/02/2024 at 16:18, No Idle Talk said:

Curious that the report was doctored before Celtic got a look at it yet Celtic haven't put their name to this letter. Seems like the sort of thing they would normally be up in arms about.........

Yes   Celtic would have had no involvement  Mclennan would have seen to that

Colonel Kurtz

Hearts are biding their time

To paraphrase  THe Pope sits in Glasgow but the sepent lies coiled in Edinburgh.

alicante jambo
On 15/02/2024 at 15:28, HMFC01 said:

Hearts and Hibs invited to SPFL meeting as six furious clubs demand answers after scathing criticism

Six furious clubs - including Aberdeen and Rangers - have invited the likes of Hearts and Hibs to a meeting this month. 

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts-hibs-spfl-showdown-angry-clubs-demand-answers-4519275

"To that end, the clubs have invited the chairman and chief executive to attend a meeting of all member clubs to address the issues around the Independent Governance Review. All SPFL member clubs are invited to attend and participate in this meeting, which is to take place a 11:00am on 27 February 2024."

Hope hearts remind them all about what they voted for. Tell them to ram it up their arse. Its dog eat dog in scottish football feck them.

The power seems to be with Celtic. All that will ultimately be achieved is either nothing or the power will switch to rangers. Everyone else will get trampled on and on the Scottish football circus wil go. That’s my prediction. 

Jim_Duncan
5 hours ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

Hearts are biding their time

To paraphrase  THe Pope sits in Glasgow but the sepent lies coiled in Edinburgh.

I’m hoping McKinley nips to the bog to curl out a stinker in a box marked Medicine, drops it onto the table at the start of the meeting, then walks out. 

davemclaren
14 hours ago, GinRummy said:

The power seems to be with Celtic. All that will ultimately be achieved is either nothing or the power will switch to rangers. Everyone else will get trampled on and on the Scottish football circus wil go. That’s my prediction. 

In a nutshell...

14 hours ago, GinRummy said:

That’s it in a nutshell, it’s the blue donkeys turn to get all the help to win 

Bazzas right boot
16 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Yip, Rangers are just unhappy as they don't have the power.

They don't care about anything other than getting one up on celtic.

Nothing will happen,  nothing will change- all the other clubs will fight for crumbs and fall in line behind their favorite OF team.

Scottish football is shite.

Byyy The Light

The fans hold all the power here.

If there was a united front for genuine change in the game, Doncaster could be gone overnight.

I’d like to see FoH take it on. Canvas the other clubs supporters clubs and federations and get a movement going.

Its the only way things will change, the club boards themselves won’t do it 

12 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

If there was a united front for genuine change in the game, Doncaster could be gone overnight.

I’d like to see FoH take it on. Canvas the other clubs supporters clubs and federations and get a movement going.

I agree but look at how many of these lickspittle little lemmings lined up to clap like sea lions at Lawwells rousing speech 

Byyy The Light
8 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I agree but look at how many of these lickspittle little lemmings lined up to clap like sea lions at Lawwells rousing speech 

True but if the fans stamp their feet and make life as difficult as possible then they’ll have no choice.

I think a sizeable chunk of OF fans would be for reconstruction too.

Just now, Byyy The Light said:

True but if the fans stamp their feet and make life as difficult as possible then they’ll have no choice.

I think a sizeable chunk of OF fans would be for reconstruction too.

Yeah I am all for trying to drive change but the problem is the only change that will ever occur will be change that suits the two clubs only . Even in this issue the only possible outcome will be more power to the Huns

Byyy The Light
14 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Yeah I am all for trying to drive change but the problem is the only change that will ever occur will be change that suits the two clubs only . Even in this issue the only possible outcome will be more power to the Huns

I know I’m pissing in the wind but it needs to be positioned that change will help them rather than it being something that is designed to punish them. Stronger, better quality league will mean benefits for them in Europe 

davie1980
19 hours ago, GinRummy said:

I don't even know what this is about but can say with some certainty that this is entirely accurate

Mikey1874
56 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

I do also think doing nothing and letting this play out has merit. The SPFL created this situation and could well still make the situation worse without any help. See where we are when this is sorted then get involved. When they open themselves even more to disrepute. 

Edited by Mikey1874

All this chat about dog eat dog and they clubs ken what they voted for so get it up them etc… People are aware that poor governance also negatively affects Hearts and not just the other clubs right?

I’m struggling to see the logic in this attitude. Sometimes in life you need to work with people you don’t like in order to change things for the better, surely we all want to see things improve as it’ll benefit Hearts, not just the others.

jock _turd
35 minutes ago, boag1874 said:

All this chat about dog eat dog and they clubs ken what they voted for so get it up them etc… People are aware that poor governance also negatively affects Hearts and not just the other clubs right?

I’m struggling to see the logic in this attitude. Sometimes in life you need to work with people you don’t like in order to change things for the better, surely we all want to see things improve as it’ll benefit Hearts, not just the others.

Agrred but why then do both Celtic and Rangers have power of veto over all that goes on in the SPL ?

5 hours ago, boag1874 said:

I agree, your enemy's enemy is your friend type of approach

• 1 month later...
HopeDiouf
5 minutes ago, Surrey Jambo said:

Was there not meant to be a meeting of all clubs on March 19th to resolve this? It seems to have gone very quiet since the meeting was announced. Have I missed the result?  https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/68316725

think the can got kicked down the road to mid april

SPFL meet to discuss independent governance review | Glasgow Times

Ex member of the SaS

The real tragedy is clubs with 500 fans can basically tell clubs like ours what to do. Time for a break away of the top clubs so we can run the league like grown ups.

Edited by Ex member of the SaS

reaths17
7 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

The real tragedy is clubs with 500 fans can basically tell clubs like ours what to do. Time for a break away of the top clubs so we can run the league like grown ups.

unfortunately breaking away with the tic and sevco in tow will still leave us with the sectarians running the show for the sectarians benefit

Edited by reaths17

wlgcjambo

The first thing should be the appointment of an Independent Football regulator to oversee all Scottish football - whose first and foremost qualification should be no affiliation whatsoever to either Rangers or Celtic and be completely independent. 

Perhaps Antonio Guterres currently Secretary General of the United Nations might be interested although it would be a more difficult job tan trying to end the Middle East conflict!!

GinRummy
56 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

The real tragedy us rangers and celtic. Everything that is wrong with Scottish football is down to them. 

JimmyCant
4 hours ago, GinRummy said:

The real tragedy us rangers and celtic. Everything that is wrong with Scottish football is down to them. 

AND the authorities who allow two clubs to run the show AND the other major clubs who turn a blind eye, can’t be arsed standing up to it, can’t get organised amongst themselves to challenge it, don’t say a meaningful word about it