A letter from Aberdeen, Motherwell, Livingston, Rangers, St Johnstone and St Mirren to the SPFL

speaker

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hagar the Horrible

• HopeDiouf

• davemclaren

• John Findlay

RustyRightPeg

Lol. Get it up them. 

Had the chance and didn't take it.

jamboinglasgow

Reading that letter, its clear the leadership of the SPFL circle the wagons and pretended that everything was great to protect their jobs. Surprised we have not put our name to the letter as normally its something we would do.

WorldChampions1902
Just now, jamboinglasgow said:

Reading that letter, its clear the leadership of the SPFL circle the wagons and pretended that everything was great to protect their jobs. Surprised we have not put our name to the letter as normally its something we would do.

I thought that was strange too. I’m disappointed we didn’t.

Geoff Kilpatrick

I think the only action to come out of this will be Neil Doncaster getting a pay rise.

Hagar the Horrible
1 minute ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

I think the only action to come out of this will be Neil Doncaster getting a pay rise.

But in a rousing speech he is a very capable man.

Capable of doing what ever Celtic tells him

1 minute ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Rightly so. He deserves it.

Good job Neil! 

OmiyaHearts
11 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Maybe McKinlay is too comfortable with the Hampden beaks to ruffle any feathers?

Is this a different report from the one that Hearts, Hibs and Aberdeen previously commissioned? 

If so, what is this Independent Governance report and why was it commissioned? I have no memory of the SPFL saying they'd do anything! 

And it seems Aberdeen were the only club to see the original report. Given they've signed the letter I assume they're the ones highlighting the differences. 

HopeDiouf
1 minute ago, dtgj said:

And it seems Aberdeen were the only club to see the original report. Given they've signed the letter I assume they're the ones highlighting the differences. 

seems that must be the case

Bull's-eye

Don't want Hearts getting involved in any of this Shite. The SPFL clubs had the chance to stick together but they chose to kick us out of the league.

We'll continue to play the cards we're dealt and go about our business in a professional manner . . . ALONE  !!! 

Up them. 

As a side note I doubt Celtic care a jot.

davemclaren

Without knowing any of the details around this it's hard to have any thoughts on it. 🤷‍♂️

7 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Maybe McKinlay is too comfortable with the Hampden beaks to ruffle any feathers?

Spot on.  He's got his eye on getting his old SFA Blazer looked out.

GlasgoJambo
16 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Without knowing any of the details around this it's hard to have any thoughts on it. 🤷‍♂️

What Dave! Are you new to the internet?

Edited by GlasgoJambo

henrysmithsgloves
19 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Who has the best pies? 😋

Percival King
35 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Ha ha ha. He only does what the clubs instruct him to do........ apparently.

Japan Jambo
6 minutes ago, GlasgoJambo said:

23 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

🤣 nae worries we'll have several experts on this along momentarily.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Bit ironic, Livingston signing a letter about integrity

35 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Would appreciate anyone putting this in layman terms. 

Same here mate 😆 

Haven't got a clue what this is about

OmiyaHearts
3 minutes ago, Hansel said:

Same here mate 😆 

Haven't got a clue what this is about

I've read it a few times and seem to understand less each time.

tartofmidlothian
51 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

What exactly is the ‘independent governance’ issue ?

32 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Would love to know this too.

16 minutes ago, GlasgoJambo said:

:rofl:

43 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Lol. Get it up them. 

Had the chance and didn't take it.

27 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

Don't want Hearts getting involved in any of this Shite. The SPFL clubs had the chance to stick together but they chose to kick us out of the league.

We'll continue to play the cards we're dealt and go about our business in a professional manner . . . ALONE  !!! 

Up them. 

I get the sentiment but this is the kind of attitude that holds us all back including Hearts.

While in this specific instance I'll admit I don't know the details so can't comment either way, when it eventually boils to a head we need the clubs to work together and deal with the charlatans running/ruining the game otherwise it's yet another case of an SPFL member cutting it's nose off to spite it's face. We were ****ed over in 2020 but we need to be the bigger club in the situation and move past it, we've already rammed it up them by bouncing straight back up and becoming the 3rd force once more that chapter should be closed. Acting petty will continue to see us held back and never realise our true potential.

49 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Naive comment.

A penalty will be awarded to Rangers. VAR review will confirm it. 

davemclaren
Just now, jamboj said:

Naive comment.

Hearts will probably be told to stop training for a few weeks. 😎

Bull's-eye
3 minutes ago, boag1874 said:

I get the sentiment but this is the kind of attitude that holds us all back including Hearts.

While in this specific instance I'll admit I don't know the details so can't comment either way, when it eventually boils to a head we need the clubs to work together and deal with the charlatans running/ruining the game otherwise it's yet another case of an SPFL member cutting it's nose off to spite it's face. We were ****ed over in 2020 but we need to be the bigger club in the situation and move past it, we've already rammed it up them by bouncing straight back up and becoming the 3rd force once more that chapter should be closed. Acting petty will continue to see us held back and never realise our true potential.

As long as Rangers and Celtic hold every single card, which they currently do and have done for decades now, then nothing changes. Absolutely zero point siding with any of the other clubs.

The bigger club looks after itself and keeps its own house clean.

You crack on sticking the boot into Hearts though with the rest of the goons.

4 minutes ago, jamboj said:

Naive comment.

Everything seems to have gone rather quiet on the old 'penalty league' front.

Ex member of the SaS

As I understand it the English football authorities have commissioned an independent review body. It was suggested Scottish football do the same and the  SPFL were invited to attend the Scottish government review, as to whether we should or not. The SPFL said no everything in the garden is rosy so we will keep the closed shop staus quo.

Harry Potter
50 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

aye Dave😕

Footballfirst

The review was commissioned after the SPFL lost out to Rangers/Douglas Park in their argument about sponsorship deals last summer.

As others have pointed out, the SPFL Board seems intent on limiting any adverse reaction to the report.

McKinlay is currently on the SFA Board so Hearts will likely not wish to rock the boat.

Edited by Footballfirst

John Findlay

Why would Aberdeen be the only club to have seen something?

I'm here reading and thinking the only club is Celtic, as Lawell has his arm up the back of Doncaster and works him like a puppet.

HopeDiouf
8 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

I'm here reading and thinking the only club is Celtic, as Lawell has his arm up the back of Doncaster and works him like a puppet.

no idea, but it is them, mentioned in a couple of articles.

They had their chance to do something about it, shit themselves and threw us to the wolves. They can all roll in their own pish!

Jamboross
13 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

They weren't the only club. They were the only club that isn't a current or recent SPFL board member (Rangers, Celtic, Ross County, Hibs). Not that only five clubs having seen it is really any better. 

Pans Jambo

Who, what, where, why????

Eh?

Who's upset with who and what about? 

Are we involved?

That statement just mentions the word 'club' 1000 times. Its just a selection of words!

What does it all mean???

Who are we hating???

I'm confused.

Selkirkhmfc1874
1 hour ago, Bull's-eye said:

Up them. 

100% agree

Daveandal

I feel caught in 2 minds about this. Yes I want change but I'm not comfortable that Rangers, the joint main culprit in blocking change are involved. The fact that as a club they can't see or acknowledge everything is rigged in their favour is worrying.

Yes it's petty.

6 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

As long as Rangers and Celtic hold every single card, which they currently do and have done for decades now, then nothing changes. Absolutely zero point siding with any of the other clubs.

The bigger club looks after itself and keeps its own house clean.

You crack on sticking the boot into Hearts though with the rest of the goons.

Who's sticking the boot into Hearts like? Certainly not me :lol: I don't even know at what point you would have got that out of what I said..

All I'm saying is for too long the clubs in Scotland have been self serving and it's led us to the state we're in, I include 2020 in that where we had a chance to restructure the league but too many bottled it or saw an opportunity for themselves to benefit in the short term rather than do something with actual long term benefits for the whole of Scottish football. I'd hope that if discussions around the ineptitude of the governing bodies, the problems that hold the game back, what we can do to fix it etc arises that Hearts will be big enough to put any personal animosities to one side and work towards the solution rather than become another part of the problem. I think our board are clever enough to do so.

Budge & Anderson didn't get where they are today by letting their emotions overrule their heads. They'll have done business with arseholes in the past if there's a bigger goal at play in their own careers outside of football so I'm sure this will be no different.

I want Scottish football to be in a place where we talk about what's happening on the park rather than bemoaning the issues off it, where we can be competitive in Europe, where non-OF teams aren't walked all over to ensure the status quo. That won't be happening under the current system so something needs to change and it's the responsibility of the next biggest clubs ie Us, Hibs, Aberdeen to push for change when the time comes, it's getting closer.

I P Knightley
24 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

I read it and came to the same conclusion. "Only one club..." seems to be the kind of snidey thing that folk from the clubs in question would write when they want to appear clever and 'keeping it legal' in a very amateur way and feel that they run the risk of libel if them actually write "Celtic".

Replace Rangers with Celtic as authors of the letters and it would have been referring to Rangers. 

It makes me none the wiser what they are bumping their gums about, though. 

Hagar the Horrible

Ok in essence  the 42 Member clubs paid for an independent report into the governance of our game,  The Draft report has been sent to the SPFL executives.  1 club was given the opportunity to input into the investigation, outside of the current or indeed former members of the board.  So question 1 was how independent was it, but it also looks like the SPFL exec received the draft then made changes to it before passing to the board members. Question 2, who gave authority out with the clubs knowledge to go public? But then made public that they comply with significant elements of the UK code into Corporate Governance.  The fact that they leaked that part proved they do not comply. Let alone doctoring the draft report in the first place.

It stinks of a cover up, by the Exec to reassure the Board that its all good and thus fool all member clubs.

My question is?  Is this a smoking gun?

HopeDiouf
7 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

I read it and came to the same conclusion. "Only one club..." seems to be the kind of snidey thing that folk from the clubs in question would write when they want to appear clever and 'keeping it legal' in a very amateur way and feel that they run the risk of libel if them actually write "Celtic".

Replace Rangers with Celtic as authors of the letters and it would have been referring to Rangers. 

It makes me none the wiser what they are bumping their gums about, though. 

2 papers quite happy to say the club in question is Aberdeen.  They don't seem concerned about libel.

Rangers and five Premiership rivals fire in weighty letter of concern as SPFL big cheese in their crosshairs - Daily Record

image.png.49dab5a2805f8176c2e0224f16c5afa5.png

Edited by HopeDiouf

May one-six
8 minutes ago, Daveandal said:

I feel caught in 2 minds about this. Yes I want change but I'm not comfortable that Rangers, the joint main culprit in blocking change are involved. The fact that as a club they can't see or acknowledge everything is rigged in their favour is worrying.

Yes it's petty.

I'm not sure how petty this is but I do think it's another chapter in the Huns' campaign to undermine Doncaster and MacLennan (who has obvious Celtic sympathies). You can be sure Rangers are orchestrating this and have their own agenda in mind, rather than the overall good of Scottish football - just as Celtic have been doing as the 'one club' mentioned in the letter.

As usual, our game comes down to OF rivalry with other clubs playing the patsies.

Footballfirst
1 minute ago, HopeDiouf said:

2 papers quite happy to say the club in question is Aberdeen.  They don't seem concerned about libel.

There is no libel if the statement is true.

In Scots Law, libel and slander fall under the offence of defamation in any event.