A letter from Aberdeen, Motherwell, Livingston, Rangers, St Johnstone and St Mirren to the SPFL

speaker

Pans Jambo
7 minutes ago, HopeDiouf said:

2 papers quite happy to say the club in question is Aberdeen.  They don't seem concerned about libel.

Rangers and five Premiership rivals fire in weighty letter of concern as SPFL big cheese in their crosshairs - Daily Record

image.png.49dab5a2805f8176c2e0224f16c5afa5.png

Record deflecting the blame from their media darlings no doubt.

Do we think Aberdeen are writing a letter to complain about themselves?

Seems to me that ANYTHING that Doncaster and that decrepit auld fool MacLennan is involved in ends up a shit show.

An 'Independent' report? Yeah, right!

Edited by Pans Jambo

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hagar the Horrible

• HopeDiouf

• davemclaren

• John Findlay

HopeDiouf
2 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Record deflecting the blame from their media darlings no doubt.

Do we think Aberdeen are writing a letter to complain about themselves?

Seems to me that ANYTHING that Doncaster and that decrepit auld fool MacLennan is involved in end up a shit show.

tbh, it's a confusing letter.  I don't think they are actually complaining about the team that's seen the report.  There more complaining that the other teams haven't?

Edited by HopeDiouf

Hagar the Horrible

Don't read to much into the one club part, its not as though that one club is complicit in a conspiracy but rather the Exec members and their clubs were asked for input into the report, in other words they performed an investigation paid for by every other club into themselves.  I think this has been exposed by that one club (Aberdeen)

To be Clear the Exec and perhaps some or all members of the board are involved and the "ONE" club may or not be involved as yet.

The Exec have doctored the draft report, they sent that doctored draft report to the board members saying it is all good.  

They then leaked a statement saying the report states that they are re-assured that they comply with corporate governance.  They did this with out the knowledge of the board or the member clubs

The Smoking Gun Six state that their statement DID NOT reflect the full findings of the report,  this is the crux of the matter

If the plan was to get away with the full report being approved (after their own amendments) then the Board would have all been complicit in a cover up.

The other concern is and the question was why was only one club offered input apart from the clubs inside the board (past and present)?  I think thats how they know it does not reflect the truth!

Pans Jambo
Just now, HopeDiouf said:

tbh, it's a confusing letter.  I don't think they are actually complaining about the team that's seen the report.  There more complaining that the other teams haven't?

Yeah, I still dont get it :lol:

Footballfirst

There have been loads of posters who have criticised the SPFL's governance over the years, whether its about league reconstruction, voting arrangements, TV deals, CEO remuneration, OF influence, covid demotion, relegation to Tier 5, lack of transparency over decision making, ignoring fan initiatives, etc.

Anything that further undermines the current SPFL Board seems positive to me, although I would like to see Hearts also being vocal about the need for change.

Edited by Footballfirst

Hearts should put in a letter saying we are happy with the governance. 

The other clubs can stick there moaning were the sun don’t shine. 

They were all pretty quiet when it came to the SPFL shafting us.

Mind you this actually might bring about the much needed changes required in the setup. 

Hagar the Horrible
3 minutes ago, HopeDiouf said:

They are NOT complaining about the one club who has seen the report,  But are complaining only one outside club had input and the report has been kept secret so far

HopeDiouf
Just now, Rods said:

Mind you this actually might bring about the much needed changes required in the setup. 

"Hearts thinks Aberdeen, St Mirren  Rangers, Ross County, Motherwell and Livingston should take their medicine" would work for me :)

Hagar the Horrible
1 minute ago, Rods said:

No because its a follow on from the Dundee vote,  Rangers wont let it go, we should once proven, come out all guns blazing

Just now, HopeDiouf said:

"Hearts thinks Aberdeen, St Mirren  Rangers, Ross County, Motherwell and Livingston should take their medicine" would work for me :)

Ha ha ha yaaaaaas

A bigger league, grass only in the top flight, new voting structure, new TV deal, Doncaster on his arse.

Won't happen but that's what is needed.

7 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

There have been loads of posters who have criticised the SPFL's governance over the years, whether its about league reconstruction, voting arrangements, TV deals, CEO remuneration, OF influence, covid demotion, relegation to Tier 5, lack of transparency over decision making etc.

Anything that further undermines the current SPFL Board seems positive to me, although I would like to see Hearts also being vocal about the need for change.

I agree, but Andrew McKinley is not going to rock any SPFL / SFA boats.

Hagar the Horrible

Lets be honest, the league is run for one clubs benefit, Rangers are championing this, but is it so they can be that one club.  But if it leads to civil war, get the popcorn out, so far we are not involved but as we got shafted we keep our council and our dignity until we know what the outcome will be IF any!

Drylaw Hearts

If Rangers are on board with hating the current setup then it’s the right time to take advantage of their position and move for change.

Drumjambo
1 hour ago, Hansel said:

Same here mate 😆 

Haven't got a clue what this is about

Basically when we lost one of the horses in the two horse race all the important jobs of looking after the old firms interest and ensuring everything suits the gruesome twosome fell to celtic and Celtic minded people are strewn throughout the organisation. 

The huns of course don't like this and want their influence back so a bit more cheating could be going in their direction - Looking from the outside they seem to have the GFA Refs sewn up on about a 12 to 1 basis Collum being the only Celtic fan and now been requested to stop reffing the Tribute Acts games.

Which all means we are Going nowhere until we fans rise up and demand change which of course will never happen - The fact the arse Doncaster is sticking to his job like shit to a blanket, is testament to the utter ****wittry of all involved in Scottish Football 

Malinga the Swinga
8 minutes ago, kila said:

A bigger league, grass only in the top flight, new voting structure, new TV deal, Doncaster on his arse.

Don't mind that but only from next season onwards. I believe 'now isn't the best time to make changes to league structure' was used to vindictively penalise Hearts, Patrick and Stenhousemuir(think it was them but can't remember for sure) therefore that should be applied equally now.

Jack Torrance

Maybe they were sending the report out to clubs in alphabetical order, then the Fujitsu fax machine rebooted after the first went out and they forgot to check for delivery receipts or something.

Most reports are only ever independent in respect of who is paid to draft them. Be interesting to see how this one develops. No doubt the original draft will be made public at some point.

Malinga the Swinga
47 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Who, what, where, why????

Eh?

Who's upset with who and what about? 

Are we involved?

That statement just mentions the word 'club' 1000 times. Its just a selection of words!

What does it all mean???

Who are we hating???

I'm confused.

Hate them all, it's just easier 

Drumjambo
17 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

There have been loads of posters who have criticised the SPFL's governance over the years, whether its about league reconstruction, voting arrangements, TV deals, CEO remuneration, OF influence, covid demotion, relegation to Tier 5, lack of transparency over decision making, ignoring fan initiatives, etc.

Now here is a man that should be on the Foundation Of Hearts board if not on our actual Football clubs board. I always read your post on here and you are one of the most sensible posters on here!

2 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Don't mind that but only from next season onwards. I believe 'now isn't the best time to make changes to league structure' was used to vindictively penalise Hearts, Patrick and Stenhousemuir(think it was them but can't remember for sure) therefore that should be applied equally now.

Stranraer. Thistle were the biggest losers out of every club with a gripe. They had two games in hand, with a very good chance of staying up, but still got demoted. Shameful.

Edited by Sir PH

Thunder and Lightning
11 minutes ago, Drylaw Hearts said:

If Rangers are on board with hating the current setup then it’s the right time to take advantage of their position and move for change.

Agreed, we don't often get this kind of opportunity, we should be all over it like a hibs fan on chips.

8 minutes ago, Thunder and Lightning said:

Agreed, we don't often get this kind of opportunity, we should be all over it like a hibs fan on his sister.

Ftfy

2 hours ago, HopeDiouf said:

Aberdeen

I doubt it, given they are one of the 6 clubs raising the issue

7 minutes ago, RobNox said:

That’s what’s being reported everywhere. The issue seems to be that there’s details missing from the report and the fact that the spfl essentially spent clubs money to investigate themselves and then say aye we’ve done everything above board everything's great, rather than a grievance against the one club in question. Hopefully this is the start of the house of cards falling down.

Edited by boag1874

Des Lynam

It seems confusing but my understanding seems to be that an integrity and competence report into the SPFL resulted in only club (Aberdeen) outside the board members being asked their views. All the other clubs were ignored. The report then states how wonderful a job the SPFL are doing. 

We need to hold our noses and forget the past and pile in if it means change of the SPFL. 

Edited by Des Lynam

1 hour ago, Footballfirst said:

The review was commissioned after the SPFL lost out to Rangers/Douglas Park in their argument about sponsorship deals last summer.

As others have pointed out, the SPFL Board seems intent on limiting any adverse reaction to the report.

McKinlay is currently on the SFA Board so Hearts will likely not wish to rock the boat.

Or he could resign and help dial up the pressure. 

Don't like that we've not signed the letter. Should be signing because the governance of Scottish football is nothing short of embarrassing, tinpot and bowling clubesq. 

Dennis Reynolds

The report was a farce and I'm glad it's being pushed further. The SPFL board needs burned to the ground. The league is a joke.

21 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Indeed, but nothing will ever change for the better if we're bitter. We can be the bigger club and rise above the shite.

AlphonseCapone
1 hour ago, Footballfirst said:

Aye, a lot of posters too happy to cut their own noses.

Malinga the Swinga
5 minutes ago, kila said:

Indeed, but nothing will ever change for the better if we're bitter. We can be the bigger club and rise above the shite.

Forgiveness isn't one of my strengths. Bitterness however.....

periodictabledancer
2 hours ago, hmfc1984 said:

No surprises there then:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68239688

On 22 January, the governing body announced that a draft report showed it complies "with significant elements of the UK Code of Corporate Governance", with MacLennan saying: "I am reassured but not complacent."

That suggest the SPFL is NOT in overall compliance with UK  code of corprorate governance (althogh it isn't intended for bodies such as this anyway).

I'm wondering what prompted the review - the SPFL (to confirm they are kosher), the clubs or Rangers (who clearly aren't happy about the sponsorship shennanigans). 

Overall, I love the irony of a body proclaiming its compliance with  bits of the code while being involved in doctoring an interim report that was then released  before the clubs ever saw it.

Some compliance issues there for sure. 😄

Obviously there is no good reason for us to be childish and vindictive. Although I doubt queen Ann will have much interest in doing the donkey work after the way we were f***** over a few years ago. So a win win surely. We should be trying to make things better, but if other teams want to spend time and energy on it then ideal.

By the way, regardless of how we are (and were) doing on the pitch, those running our club should be commended for the way we have thrived since being demoted during covid.

HopeDiouf
40 minutes ago, RobNox said:

it's not like I made it up it's in the papers.  Believe whatever you want.

stevie1874
1 hour ago, kila said:

Foreign refs & a proper reserve league that all teams need to enter into 👍

Gorgierools
18 minutes ago, periodictabledancer said:

On 22 January, the governing body announced that a draft report showed it complies "with significant elements of the UK Code of Corporate Governance", with MacLennan saying: "I am reassured but not complacent."

That suggest the SPFL is NOT in overall compliance with UK  code of corprorate governance (althogh it isn't intended for bodies such as this anyway).

I'm wondering what prompted the review - the SPFL (to confirm they are kosher), the clubs or Rangers (who clearly aren't happy about the sponsorship shennanigans). 

Overall, I love the irony of a body proclaiming its compliance with  bits of the code while being involved in doctoring an interim report that was then released  before the clubs ever saw it.

Some compliance issues there for sure. 😄

Overall, I love the irony of a body proclaiming its compliance with  bits of the code while being involved in doctoring an interim report that was then released  before the clubs ever saw it.

tHen making us all pay for the farce.

1 hour ago, Rods said:

No. Absolutely ****ing not. 

The SPFL/SFA aren't fit for purpose. They've dragged our game down into the gutter with their absolutely god awful incompetence. 

If there is a chance to push for change, from my perspetive, it would be unforgivable not to back change. Especially out of a sense of pettiness. Their ineptitude impacts us every bit as much as the rest of the league and should we be in a position to deliver change, we might have some leeway in steering what that change looks like. 

Christ, the Cinch deal was brought to Doncaster by a 3rd party, he didn't even source the deal himself, and then he didn't even have the brains to check for conflicts... given his entire role in the game is to protect the OFs interests, how he missed the conflict Rangers had with Parks is genuinely offensive. 

Bongo 1874

If the Clubs that voted to demote Hearts,are prepared to pay for the losses we had due to being demoted.

Then I'm all for change,if not go **** yourselves.

Edited by Bongo 1874

Threedoorsdown
3 hours ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Would appreciate anyone putting this in layman terms. 

Rangers are upset because Celtic are better at cheating than they are.

Ultimately, I’m glad Hearts are staying out of it at this stage. Let’s hope for civil war. If we play our cards right, considering our position within Scottish football, we could find ourselves in a king makers position.

If your competitors are making risky moves that ultimately stand to benefit you equally if they are successful - let them take the risk! Sit and do nothing. Let them waste their resources on legal fees. We’ve spent enough and been shafted enough to go diving in naively.

I have questions over some historical decisions the board has made. However, they do seem to be quick learners.

I think I’d like to see the whole house of cards collapse - SPFL, SFA, the lot.  Complete rebuild from scratch.  I’d even take the SFA out of Glasgow to Stirling or Perth or somewhere.

coatbridgejambo
1 hour ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Hate them all, it's just easier 

Correct 

Lone Striker

If Aberdeen really are the only club to have seen the independent review report - while being a signatory to this letter of complaint to the SPFL - then it seems likely that they'll have shared some aspects of it with the other 5 clubs (and maybe us as well).  Rangers are triggered anyway after the cinch/Parks fiasco  -  maybe the other 4 are just tagging along because of the delay in the SPFL releasing the document, or perhaps they have experienced examples of SPFL conduct themselves which fly in the face of McLennan's brief comment to the media.

It could all be just a mountain out of a mole hill. Or it could just be the latest episode in Rangers hatred of  Doncaster/Celtic.   Either way, I think Hearts should sit on the fence until the fog clears and then gauge  the mood among other clubs for some aspect of "change" to the governance role of the SPFL Board.   However we can pretty much assume that neither of the Bigot Brothers will actually want any change to their  veto or  distribution of media/sponsorship income or anything which could be seen as benefitting other clubs.

Pans Jambo
50 minutes ago, FWJ said:

I think I’d like to see the whole house of cards collapse - SPFL, SFA, the lot.  Complete rebuild from scratch.  I’d even take the SFA out of Glasgow to Stirling or Perth or somewhere.

The current one should be in Carstairs!

If Aberdeen have been the only club to have seen the report then they seem to be sharing that information with others - I would say in this scenario good on them

davemclaren
32 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

If Aberdeen really are the only club to have seen the independent review report - while being a signatory to this letter of complaint to the SPFL - then it seems likely that they'll have shared some aspects of it with the other 5 clubs (and maybe us as well).  Rangers are triggered anyway after the cinch/Parks fiasco  -  maybe the other 4 are just tagging along because of the delay in the SPFL releasing the document, or perhaps they have experienced examples of SPFL conduct themselves which fly in the face of McLennan's brief comment to the media.

It could all be just a mountain out of a mole hill. Or it could just be the latest episode in Rangers hatred of  Doncaster/Celtic.   Either way, I think Hearts should sit on the fence until the fog clears and then gauge  the mood among other clubs for some aspect of "change" to the governance role of the SPFL Board.   However we can pretty much assume that neither of the Bigot Brothers will actually want any change to their  veto or  distribution of media/sponsorship income or anything which could be seen as benefitting other clubs.

Agree with this. 

Shanks said no

Monday 17th July 2023

SPFL BOARD ELECTED FOR SEASON 2023/24

THE 42 MEMBER CLUBS OF THE SCOTTISH PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE HAVE TODAY ELECTED THE SEVEN CLUB REPRESENTATIVES WHO WILL SERVE ON THE SPFL BOARD FOR THE FORTHCOMING SEASON AT THE LEAGUE’S AGM.

The SPFL Board includes three cinch Premiership representatives, two from the cinch Championship and two covering cinch League 1 and cinch League 2, one as an alternate director.

Elected to serve on the 2023/24 SPFL Board, alongside SPFL chief executive Neil Doncaster, chairman Murdoch MacLennan and independent non-executive director Karyn McCluskey, were:

• cinch Premiership: Malcolm McPherson (Hibernian), James Bisgrove (Rangers), James MacDonald (Ross County)
  • cinch Championship: Paul Hetherington (Airdrieonians), Graeme Mathie (Ayr United)
  • cinch League 1 and League 2: Alastair Donald (Forfar Athletic), Alternate director – Peter Davidson (Montrose)

Pans Jambo
2 minutes ago, Shanks said no said:

Monday 17th July 2023

SPFL BOARD ELECTED FOR SEASON 2023/24

THE 42 MEMBER CLUBS OF THE SCOTTISH PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE HAVE TODAY ELECTED THE SEVEN CLUB REPRESENTATIVES WHO WILL SERVE ON THE SPFL BOARD FOR THE FORTHCOMING SEASON AT THE LEAGUE’S AGM.

The SPFL Board includes three cinch Premiership representatives, two from the cinch Championship and two covering cinch League 1 and cinch League 2, one as an alternate director.

Elected to serve on the 2023/24 SPFL Board, alongside SPFL chief executive Neil Doncaster, chairman Murdoch MacLennan and independent non-executive director Karyn McCluskey, were:

• cinch Premiership: Malcolm McPherson (Hibernian), James Bisgrove (Rangers), James MacDonald (Ross County)
  • cinch Championship: Paul Hetherington (Airdrieonians), Graeme Mathie (Ayr United)
  • cinch League 1 and League 2: Alastair Donald (Forfar Athletic), Alternate director – Peter Davidson (Montrose)

Has there ever been a year when the old firm were not represented on the SPFL board? Serious question, I honestly don't know (But I think I can guess)?

3 hours ago, Drylaw Hearts said:

Now that *is* sensible. I'm disappointed that we aren't on board with the Rebel 6.

the posh bit
4 hours ago, Sir PH said:

Everything seems to have gone rather quiet on the old 'penalty league' front.

1707409848314.thumb.png.4125df06b9c0f65c5274ab78fd602afd.png

upgotheheads
3 hours ago, Drumjambo said:

Now here is a man that should be on the Foundation Of Hearts board if not on our actual Football clubs board. I always read your post on here and you are one of the most sensible posters on here!

I agree with you. 

Ex member of the SaS

If anything needs to change it's ONE governing body. Having two running such a small country's sport is beyond daft. Then board member voted in every four years or so. Giving donkey a job for life was the worse thing they could have done.