***Official Airdrie v Heart of Midlothian Match Thread***

tartofmidlothian

1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

Will be hard to get promoted. But they are on an upward rise if they can keep their manager and build the squad. I'm out of touch but chat on TV suggested their finances are okay.

And they definitely a 'new' club. The old Airdrie died. 

Hibs in the play offs would be nice.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jamboozy

• iantjambo

• Bauld

• King prawn

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, Mikey1874 said:

Will go to that game.

I still remember how much I laughed the Hamilton .

Football can be so *** joyful.

Benny Klack

Don’t think they are overrated at all - just outplayed by a better team.

I thought they set up well and played some tidy stuff and continued to come at us even at 3 down.

They are a million miles away from the hatchet man squad Doddie assembled in the 90’s - nice wee stadium as well, if they got rid of the plastic!

Town’s still a dump though…. and I’ll despise John Martin till my dying day 👍

Gundermann
3 minutes ago, Shanks said no said:

5743007301_360399f4cd_b.jpg

😆

And yon girl who was a slag, according to the graffiti. Cannae mind her name. 

2 minutes ago, Benny Klack said:

Don’t think they are overrated at all - just outplayed by a better team.

I thought they set up well and played some tidy stuff and continued to come at us even at 3 down.

They are a million miles away from the hatchet man squad Doddie assembled in the 90’s - nice wee stadium as well, if they got rid of the plastic!

Town’s still a dump though…. and I’ll despise John Martin till my dying day 👍

Isn't it great when a football team wants to play football? They deserve credit for not parking the bus.

But John the scab? Yeah feck him. The mining towns dinnae forget.

Benny Klack

The whole “get them in the bin / horrible club” is shan patter.

Airdrie have some ar5ehole fans - so do we. But fair play to the majority of their supporters for following them and not the OF. They’re just following their local team.

I never understand the logic of hating clubs for being small - it’s the OF and their band of glory hunting welts that truly deserve our  disregard. 

Shanks said no
6 minutes ago, Gundermann said:

😆

Marilyn Clark

19 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

I thought shanks just edged mom from niewenhof but calem had a great game. His confidence is growing and growing. He is getting up to support the attacking play as well.

Yeah, I think when it comes to nominating a MoM or a player of the season, we should have a 2 tiered approach.  MoM excluding Shankland and POTY excluding Shankland.  

Credit to them, they tried to play passing football and out from the goalie even under pressure.

Most teams would do a St Johnstone and park the bus to play long ball counter. Airdrie worked a decent move for their goal but were just outclassed tbh.

2 minutes ago, Benny Klack said:

Airdrie have some ar5ehole fans - so do we. But fair play to the majority of their supporters for following them and not the OF. They’re just following their local team.

I never understand the logic of hating clubs for being small - it’s the OF and their band of glory hunting welts that truly deserve our  disregard. 

100%

Airdrie and the surrounding areas I've met some sound sound boys.

Sellic and rangers.

Worked along side them .

It is Airdrie and the locals do support them to an extent.

We have weegie loving fans from Edinburgh how they compete for support through there is to be applauded.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Tried to play against a team far superior to them. Passing the ball about your keeper and backline at 3-1 isn't that impressive. Morton will make it a lot more difficult for us.

Gundermann
3 minutes ago, Shanks said no said:

Marilyn Clark

That's her. Poor girl.

Famous due to spray paint and road furniture being the social media of the day.

Hearts1975
18 minutes ago, RobNox said:

Yeah, I think when it comes to nominating a MoM or a player of the season, we should have a 2 tiered approach.  MoM excluding Shankland and POTY excluding Shankland.  

Thats probably fair!

Geoff Kilpatrick
30 minutes ago, Gundermann said:

😆

Marilyn Clarke

30 minutes ago, Benny Klack said:

And hibs obviously 🙂

bobskeldon
2 hours ago, Disser Pointon said:

Tidy and workmanlike, and now chipping in with the odd goal, shrewd acquisition.

MOM for me

maroonsgotop
4 hours ago, heartsfc_fan said:

Maroon top, maroon shorts, white socks 🤔

thought the strip looked terrific today

Benny Klack
14 minutes ago, Mister T said:

And hibs obviously 🙂

ha ha - fair enough 

Although, as much as I despise the OF, I just tend to feel pity for Hobo’s 🤭

Francis Albert

I thought Airdrie played well. Good passing football on the deck ... and as the BBC commentators said one of the best artificial surfaces I have seen. Better than some grass pitches at this time of the year.

I didn't read the match thread until just now. Given some of the early match comments on here even after we went two and three goals up I will In future take match threads with a bucket load of salt

Jack Torrance

Finally feel cleansed from the horrible games we had against them in the 80s and 90s. Excellent performance Hearts.

Would have felt a bit nervous about a game against Morton in the past but honestly can't see this squad tripping up.

Well done to the support tonight. Was a party atmosphere throughout. We were sitting just next to the commentary position.

Was even starting to feel a wee bit sorry for the abuse Kettlewell was taking from the young team just in front. Ian Murray was keeping his head down. 😆

Mikey1874
3 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

That plastic pitch looks OK as well. Puts killies to shame.

Never noticed it was plastic

Pancakejambo

Was I the only one that saw Susan Boyle and her chauffeur get turned away from the gate to the stadium car park before kick off? 

Airdrie looked good and actually played really well. They just came up against a better side. 

maroonsgotop
2 hours ago, hereford_hearts said:

Wonder what Naisy was saying to their number 4 Mccabe at the end? 

he's their player/manager

Skacelsid

It was a good game of football and Airdrie played their part. Good to see us starting on the front foot and we were still going strong as they tired. Well done all.

Possibly been discussed, but was that not the most obvious penalty when the airdrie boy kicked the back of Forrest's leg as he was about to hit the shot?? Absolutely nowhere near the ball.

The bbc commentators didn't even mention it and just said Forrest should have scored.

Mikey1874
3 hours ago, King prawn said:

Kingsley quick or Todorov one of the slowest players in Scotland :lol: 

That was a funny moment.

heartgarfunkel
2 hours ago, Gundermann said:

😆

As others have said, Marilyn Clark.  

'Marilyn Clark fae the Jewel is a wee, wee slag and has got AIDS' was on a few bus stops, that was the most developed version of the hundreds of applications of graffiti if I recall correctly.

Delighted to have disposed of Airdrie and McCabe grass today.

heartgarfunkel
1 hour ago, maroonsgotop said:

thought the strip looked terrific today

Indeed - the white stockings with the maroon shirts and shorts looked glorious.

3 hours ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

Great professional performance.  At times we looked ragged at the back particularly Halkett, Lembikisia and Rowles.  Grant and Tagawa were passengers but all in all the rest showed up well.  Hoff is getting better and better which is great to see and Shankland keeps banging them in.

Grant a passenger.

Sorry that’s nonsense, just like the Hoff is rubbish comments we were getting weeks ago. Grant was everywhere the first half, linking the play and showing for the ball. 

vladisacoward

Just watching sportscene to see the highlights again - could they have any worse a crew to cover the various cup games? You’ve got Peter Grant (a vile man) , Marvin Bartley (a hopeless man) and the standard bbc tick box exercise asking banal questions. Deary me. Not surprising to be honest but surely it’s got to be better than this dross? It’s not difficult.

vladisacoward
3 hours ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

Great professional performance.  At times we looked ragged at the back particularly Halkett, Lembikisia and Rowles.  Grant and Tagawa were passengers but all in all the rest showed up well.  Hoff is getting better and better which is great to see and Shankland keeps banging them in.

Got to say I agree with all of this. I’d call Tagawa worse than a passenger though. How on earth anyone looked at him and thought he’d do well for us in the Scottish league is absolutely beyond me. Way, way beyond me.

GorgieFifeLife
1 hour ago, hearts00 said:

Grant a passenger.

Sorry that’s nonsense, just like the Hoff is rubbish comments we were getting weeks ago. Grant was everywhere the first half, linking the play and showing for the ball. 

I’m sorry but Grant is pony.  Thinks he is better than he is and offers little.

chrisyboy7
8 hours ago, vladisacoward said:

Got to say I agree with all of this. I’d call Tagawa worse than a passenger though. How on earth anyone looked at him and thought he’d do well for us in the Scottish league is absolutely beyond me. Way, way beyond me.

Paul Hartley was pure shite in his first season after being player of the year in the league below us. He was also dumped by hibs before that. 

Yes Tagawa has struggled but please get behind the lad...he's never had a run of games and needs more time...

7 hours ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

I’m sorry but Grant is pony.  Thinks he is better than he is and offers little.

Aye he's not great. 

Get's into some great areas but just doesn't play the right pass often enough.

TexasAndy

I feel a bit sorry for Tagawa as it's not working out for him as yet.  I think he's a decent enough player but needs a spark to get going, hope he does.  Grant is a valuable member of our squad even if he might not be everyone's pick for starting 11.  His pen against Aberdeen and his ball for Varga's winner v Livingston in early December were huge moments for us.  I'm sure Hoff was getting hounded a few weeks ago but look at him now.  Will we ever learn??!!

24 minutes ago, chrisyboy7 said:

Paul Hartley was pure shite in his first season after being player of the year in the league below us. He was also dumped by hibs before that. 

Yes Tagawa has struggled but please get behind the lad...he's never had a run of games and needs more time...

I'm with you on that mate. Looks like a player who's just lacking in confidence and the fans getting on his back and groaning with everything that doesn't come off for him will clearly be having an effect. The difference a bit of support can make to a player is huge. Some players unfortunately take a little longer to settle than others, it happens. Would be nice for him to score a goal soon and get a bit love from the crowd for a change. I genuinely feel a bit sorry for him at the moment.

9 hours ago, hearts00 said:

Grant a passenger.

This is in no way similar to Hof. Hof has only arrived this season from the other side of the world and has gradually got better every game. 

Grant has been here far longer and he really hasn't made much of an impact at all since he came to the club. He does look tidy enough, and as with most games you might see a little flash of quality but he is largely ineffective more often than not. Yet to see him properly stand out in a game or dominate, one where afterwards where you think "How good was Grant today". Had much higher hopes for him and certainly hasn't managed to make his mark properly or cement his place in the team. Never once have I felt he's had a spell where he's been in an undroppable position.

I don't think he's a bad player but can you honestly say he hasn't been a disappointing signing overall?

This is My Story Podcast

Hearts were superbly professional yesterday against a side that played better football than half the sides we’ve faced in the top flight. Motherwell got horsed out by Morton and I’d take a guess that near enough every other side in our league, minus the Old Firm, would’ve found yesterday a difficult game. 

Our passing was deliberate and with tempo. It had Airdrie struggling to maintain any form of press. We moved up the park in nice little triangles, the opening goal a thing of beauty. Hoff, Beni and Grant a massive massive factor in that. Mental people are saying Grant didn’t impact the game. Hoff is turning into a player. He had more opportunities to shoot yesterday as well but played to safer option, something I think we will see less and less as he continues to grow in confidence. Fraser and Tait done well when they came on as well. Forrest, Shankland and Vargas caused Airdrie no end of problems. Constant running the channels. Constant switching. Superb. Cochrane, Kingsley, Halkett and Rowles all superb as well, same with Mr Handsome in goals. Thoroughly impressive. 

If we have to have any conversation about yesterday’s game player wise…………..then let’s talk Tagawa and Dexter. Dexter has been nowhere near the player we saw vs Dundee. He barely takes his man on anymore. Doesn’t get into the box and isn’t getting crosses in either. With Atkinson now back, it’ll be interesting to see how that little battle for that spot plays out. Tagawa looks a shell of a player. Hid for most of the second half on the touchline. Shankland berated him almost the full 2nd half for not making runs, following his man or finding passes. Shame to see him so low on confidence. I don’t know what the future holds for Tagawa in this team sadly. He’s not going to be risked in the league unless we are 3 or 4 up at home and can be brought on. Yesterday was his chance and not sure he covered himself in glory.