***Official Airdrie v Heart of Midlothian Match Thread***

tartofmidlothian

Just now, WDJ87 said:

That's their Manager, so probably complimenting him on his teams style of play.

There wasn't any VAR was there? 

Naw but even if there was there’s nothing to see from that tackle by Calem. 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jamboozy

• iantjambo

• Bauld

• King prawn

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

saxondale
17 minutes ago, tcjambo said:

Good team. Would be a good addition to the top flight.

An example of how a plastic pitch should look/be maintained, as well.

Swap them for Livi.

hereford_hearts
6 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Well, he is their manager!

I knew their manager was young, but didn't realise he was a player /manager. 

Pleased for Hoff (and myself 😏). Said in the past he was better than he was showing. 

King prawn
Just now, jamboozy said:

He won the feckin ball. WTF are they on about?:lol:

won the ball and his trailing foot touched the Airdrie player - Nick McPheat, seems to be a Motherwell fan. Must've gotten upset at the songs we were singing :lol:  

Victorian

Not perfect but there was a lot of great football there.  Also controlled the game with an iron fist when it needed it.  Professional and clinical. 

GorgieFifeLife

Great professional performance.  At times we looked ragged at the back particularly Halkett, Lembikisia and Rowles.  Grant and Tagawa were passengers but all in all the rest showed up well.  Hoff is getting better and better which is great to see and Shankland keeps banging them in.

Just now, King prawn said:

won the ball and his trailing foot touched the Airdrie player - Nick McPheat, seems to be a Motherwell fan. Must've gotten upset at the songs we were singing :lol:  

:lol: Aw they sweery words.

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Naw but even if there was there’s nothing to see from that tackle by Calem. 

Yup that too, not surprising considering the source. Reckon they only showing our games hoping we're gonna slip up, wetting themselves at the prospect. Suspect the Greenock game will be on BBC too 👀

Jambo dans les Pyrenees
23 minutes ago, Jeff said:

Was actually pretty impressed. Could do with a goal scorer though 

They did well today, liked their style of play, the scoreline flattered us.

16 team premier league would be fine.

Go for it 1308

What a refreshing level headed manager they have.  Stuck to his guns , playing from the back ...trying to play football.  Good on him 👏 

32 minutes ago, tcjambo said:

Hats off to Airdrie - really good passing side. They would have put out a few premership sides on this for today including Hibs. Three 20 year olds - Hancock, Lyall and McGregor all look worth tracking.

I agree, they deserve some credit for sticking to their style of play instead of trying to shut up shop, even when they were 3 down.  

2 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Was impressed by the way they kept trying to play football, and also by the pitch

Just came on to post this, they have a fair burst of pace as well.

millerjames398

A potential banana skin,,easily overcome, played some nice football, took our goals well,,job done👍🏼🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻

AC Mallin_51

Thought they were pretty decent and tried to play football unlike some of the rugby teams in our division 

Byyy The Light
23 minutes ago, OTT said:

I thought they were very good at playing it out from the back. The problem was the lack of quality they had further forward - which isn't really a surprise given the opposition :) 

They kept at it with their style of play though. Think Rhys McCabe might be one to watch, only 31 but seems to have managed to drilled that Airdrie team into playing the way he wants. Sounds like a very good young coach/ manager. 

Came on to say exact same thing about McCabe. Spoke very very well after the game and has them well drilled. Agree he’s one to watch. 

The Juggernaut rolls on. 🇱🇻🏆🇱🇻

I was worried about the pitch but wow that pitch puts a couple of Premiereship  teams to shame 

Niewenhof. MoM

Some cracking goals as well 😃

iantjambo
8 minutes ago, Jambo dans les Pyrenees said:

They did well today, liked their style of play, the scoreline flattered us.

16 team premier league would be fine.

Nah it didn’t. Thought they played some nice stuff, but other than their goal and one off the bar, they didn’t really threaten us.

we were unlucky not to score more than we did.

GlasgoJambo

Outclassed but not dramatically outplayed.
Made for a much more impressive game than some of the SPL dirge.

Kennyfragg13
12 minutes ago, WDJ87 said:

Pleased for Hoff (and myself 😏). Said in the past he was better than he was showing. 

Said there was a player there to in November when most ppl were saying he isn’t good enoough.

40 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

We're Judy better.

They've been neat and tidy. 

This Gorgie Juggernaut is not stopping tho!

Is Judy a quantity?

ford donald
26 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Asking Shankland about his contract again. Just **** off !!

I know, embarrassing to listen to them.

rudi must stay
Just now, CMc said:

Is Judy a quantity?

Judy is the highest compliment that you pay them

Hearts1975
5 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I thought they were fairly good. Just outclassed. 

That's all it was 

We just moved the ball better, and quicker, and had the width. They were narrow in the middle,  but they couldn't get out wide to stop us 

I know some outsiders were predicting a shock, but we are really starting to bond and have collective understanding of how we want to play

And with shanks in the form of his life, we are becoming an extremely difficult side to beat. We were just too good for Airdrie and it wasn't a reflection on how they tried to play the game as they try to play it in the right manner 

A_A wehatethehibs

I mean they’re rated as a good championship footballing side. How is that “overrated”? that’s accurately rated. That’s accurated. For a championship side they looked very comfortable and composed on the ball and a great goal they scored too. Good luck to them. Good stadium and that pitch, while plastic, is a billion times better to watch than the dross at the macaroni bowl or rugby park 

upgotheheads

Great performance all round, Special mentions for Hof and CG who looked like the Craig of old. I thought Tagawa looked tidy and so did Tait and Frazer. 

the next question is how the goalie situation is handled from now on since we've probably got the best two goalies in Scotland.  Rotation?

Finlay James

I thought they were one of the better football teams we’ve played this season.  Rhys McCabe is clearly implementing a philosophy but they were just up against a top class team today.

9 hours ago, chester copperpot said:

It's no where near the stadium tho

Yes, I wasn't actually being serious.  Just thought it was a typical Airdrie thing. 

Scott Leitch
53 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

We're Judy better.

They've been neat and tidy. 

This Gorgie Juggernaut is not stopping tho!

Judy?

Jamhammer
1 hour ago, Disser Pointon said:

Really, played well for me. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Tries the Hollywood pass all the time 

that fresh air shot was funny though

spacerjoe
53 minutes ago, Taffin said:

He's a different player further forward. Deeper I thought he was utterly hopeless. He's been brilliant today.

The position he played in Oz

Boy on the left was a decent player.  Good turn of pace and not afraid to go past someone. 

They actually had a few reasonably good players with decent technique but maybe no surprise given most of them had been at the Old Firm earlier in their careers.(mainly Rangers).   

We just had too much quality, pace and strength for them to really hurt us but they didn’t embarrass themselves….even though 4-1 would suggest otherwise.  

4 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

Great performance all round, Special mentions for Hof and CG who looked like the Craig of old. I thought Tagawa looked tidy and so did Tait and Frazer. 

the next question is how the goalie situation is handled from now on since we've probably got the best two goalies in Scotland.  Rotation?

I'm not sure, Zander has the gloves at the moment as far as the league is concerned so I think Naisy will stick with him as long as he maintains his form.  The impetus is on Zander to maintain his place and he knows he can't afford to let his form drop with Craig breathing down his neck.  It's not a bad dilemma to face though.

1874robbo
47 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Get them in the bin. Horrible club.

Exactly!! Fawning over that club 

feck them!! Glad we pumped them 

Gordon_1874

As many have said at least they try and play football which is entertaining to watch unlike at least half of the teams in our league who literally play rugby, kick...chase...foul repeat.

Hearts1975

Top performance and our 1st goal was one of the best team goals in a long long time 

Brilliantly worked

upgotheheads
2 minutes ago, RobNox said:

I'm not sure, Zander has the gloves at the moment as far as the league is concerned so I think Naisy will stick with him as long as he maintains his form.  The impetus is on Zander to maintain his place and he knows he can't afford to let his form drop with Craig breathing down his neck.  It's not a bad dilemma to face though.

Yup. Makes sense.

33 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Get them in the bin. Horrible club.

My Great aunt lived to be 102. Had been a lifelong Airdrie fan and the whole club from the players to the chairman hand signed her birthday card for her 100th. 

When she showed it to me, she said, “aw son, ah didnae have the heart tae tell them I gave up on them years ago. Ah was just sick of seeing them lose”.

Kind of sums them up. 

Disser Pointon
8 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

Tries the Hollywood pass all the time 

that fresh air shot was funny though

He was fouled!!

Hearts1975
34 minutes ago, JAYEL said:

The Juggernaut rolls on. 🇱🇻🏆🇱🇻

I was worried about the pitch but wow that pitch puts a couple of Premiereship  teams to shame 

Niewenhof. MoM

Some cracking goals as well 😃

I thought shanks just edged mom from niewenhof but calem had a great game. His confidence is growing and growing. He is getting up to support the attacking play as well.

Mikey1874

Will be hard to get promoted. But they are on an upward rise if they can keep their manager and build the squad. I'm out of touch but chat on TV suggested their finances are okay.

And they definitely a 'new' club. The old Airdrie died. 

1 hour ago, rudi must stay said:

Way overrated 

Disagree.

Try to play and thankfully we started well.

Felt they set up badly though.