• Francis Albert

• kila

• hughesie27

• AlphonseCapone

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

been here before

Pish.

Bring back the old paper voucher ones and the signs above the turnstyle with what number to tear out.

And dont forget the different colour ones at the back for cup games.

The Tackle
4 minutes ago, been here before said:

Pish.

Bring back the old paper voucher ones and the signs above the turnstyle with what number to tear out.

Ok Grandpa 

Shooter McGavin

The "don't put your money in a bank, cash is king" mob aren't going to read the full article, and moan that they don't want to use a digital season ticket eh 😄

Lone Striker

WHat if you don't use Google Pay, and refuse to ever use it   ?     Anyway, why are they doing this ?  Whats the advantage to the club ?

Edited by Lone Striker

Dennis Reynolds
1 minute ago, Lone Striker said:

WHat if you don't use Google Pay, and refuse to ever use it   ?  

Edited by Dennis Reynolds
Can't be arsw

1 minute ago, Lone Striker said:

WHat if you don't use Google Pay, and refuse to ever use it   ?  

Have you got an iPhone?

Dennis Reynolds

I use a third party app at the moment so happy I can add it with the rest now.

A photo/screenshot works anyway in a pinch.

They won't be getting rid of the plastic cards just yet so folk can chill oot.

been here before

Alternatively just take a picture of your ST and scan it at the turnstyles.

RustyRightPeg
5 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

WHat if you don't use Google Pay, and refuse to ever use it   ?     Anyway, why are they doing this ?  Whats the advantage to the club ?

It's 2024.

5 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

You’ll still be able to use a card.

I’ve got a photo of my card’s QR code so I can use my phone already. Handy for letting someone else use your ST without having to meet them. 

Lone Striker
1 minute ago, jamboozy said:

Have you got an iPhone?

No, got an Android.  My Luddite tendencies haven't yet adjusted to the concept of a mobile phone screen being used to control access and payments .........  😜

Just now, Lone Striker said:

No, got an Android.  My Luddite tendencies haven't yet adjusted to the concept of a mobile phone screen being used to control access and payments .........  😜

Nae problem. As @kila says above, take a photo of your QR. Code and boom, you have it on your phone anyway, handy if you misplace your ticket.👍

davemclaren
3 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

I imagine that Android phones do these fancy things as well. 

Loved the physical season ticket booklets. The joy of tearing it out as a kid was brilliant 

That said there's no need for anything other than a QR code these days so makes sense.

Lone Striker
7 minutes ago, jamboozy said:

Nae problem. As @kila says above, take a photo of your QR. Code and boom, you have it on your phone anyway, handy if you misplace your ticket.👍

👍  Yeah, deep down I know its no big deal and fairly secure to use.   I  misplace my phone much more often than  I misplace my ST card though  🙄

Edited by Lone Striker

Just now, Lone Striker said:

👍  Yeah, deep down I know its no big deal and fairly secure to use.   I  misplace my phone much more often what I misplace my ST card though  🙄

:lol:

Just take a picture of the barcode on your season card and use the picture on your screen. I’ve been doing it for ages and works fine.

Always got my season ticket on me anyway incase it doesn’t, but I’ve never had an issue.

Suppose it depends on your screen settings too!

Bazzas right boot

I'm gonna wait until Andy makes a statement or we get beary for this to really annoy me and become very important.

Good news, I’m guessing it’s to help to do away with the I’ve forgot my season ticket queue at the ticket office on match days as well as moving on with the times. 

Francis Albert

Is this an alternative to having a physical st card. If so fine if it keeps techy obsessives happy. But I don't fancy making a 400 mile trip to find my phone dead on McLeod Street.

Francis Albert
4 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Good news, I’m guessing it’s to help to do away with the I’ve forgot my season ticket queue at the ticket office on match days as well as moving on with the times. 

But substitute a forgot my phone or my phone is dead queue?

2 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Is this an alternative to having a physical st card. If so fine if it keeps techy obsessives happy. But I don't fancy making a 400 mile trip to find my phone dead on McLeod Street.

Actually surprised you have a mobile phone, FA.

Just now, Francis Albert said:

Same as if you forget your season card, can get a ticket from the ticket office

Francis Albert
3 minutes ago, kila said:

Same as if you forget your season card, can get a ticket from the ticket office

I have never forgotten my ST. My phone running out of juice on the other hand? Happened yesterday.

been here before
30 minutes ago, Hearts_fan said:

Strange resistance to the news.

Where?

3 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

I have never forgotten my ST. My phone running out of juice on the other hand? Happened yesterday.

It's for those who remember to charge their phones, FA. You just stick to the ST card you've never failed to remember.

Edited by kila

Francis Albert
6 minutes ago, kila said:

It's for those who remember to charge their phones, FA. You just stick to the ST you've never failed to remember.

Good. If it is a cjoice then no problem. But "technology" seems to have a way of becomiming unavoidable.

I actually have a bit of aversion to the use of the word "technology" to describe elsectrons flitting about in a bit of plastic. The Forth Bridge, Clydeside shipyards, the Flying Scotsman are more my idea of technology. As opposed to toys. 

Edited by Francis Albert

4 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

......The Forth Bridge, Clydeside shipyards, the Flying Scotsman are more my idea of technology. As opposed to toys. 

Is that not engineering rather than technology?

Was always coming. Great the club are moving forward at pace and thinking of those that no longer feel the need to carry a wallet 👍👍

Should trial a cash turnstile for us (semi) oldies.  

Like a wee trip down memory lane.  

“Oldies” trying to get a lift over or giving the operator a “tenner hard cash” to let you through…. 

This is why we need a standing area to allow for people sneaking in and be able to handle the numbers. 🙃

Edited by Debut 4

Thunder and Lightning

A picture may not work. Scottish rugby uses a changing QR code that only activates 48 hours before the game and is different each time. 

34 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

A queue much smaller but I’d imagine. Anyway don’t think this is getting forced on those who want to resist. 

ElGee1973

This might disadvantage some of our older fans or those that can’t afford smartphones 

davemclaren
2 minutes ago, Thunder and Lightning said:

A picture may not work. Scottish rugby uses a changing QR code that only activates 48 hours before the game and is different each time. 

Sneaky. 😏

Francis Albert
12 minutes ago, kila said:

Is that not engineering rather than technology?

No. Technology is the appliance of science to practical work. The things I listed were examples of old technology. Digital STs an example of new technology. I was just expressing a preference  or more admiration for one.

I for example do not understand why people would prefer to tell the time on a mobile phone rather than a wrist  watch.

AlphonseCapone

Surprised we've not done this before. Excellent move by the club. Less plastic being used and wasted.

5 minutes ago, ElGee1973 said:

This might disadvantage some of our older fans or those that can’t afford smartphones 

They would surely continue to use their card. Struggling to see any disadvantages to this. 

AlphonseCapone
1 minute ago, Francis Albert said:

No. Technology is the appliance of science to practical work. The things I listed were examples of old technology. Digital STs an example of new technology. I was just expressing a preference  or more admiration for one.

I for example do not understand why people would prefer to tell the time on a mobile phone rather than a wrist  watch.

You ever consider you're thinking too deeply 😂

AlphonseCapone
6 minutes ago, ElGee1973 said:

Not saying you're wrong but I see this said every time it comes to technology. Given a smart phone can be bought for £30 these days, is this a factual concern?

Clerry Jambo
1 hour ago, been here before said:

Pish.

Christ confirmed I am an auld fart remember that like yesterday

4 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Christ confirmed I am an auld fart remember that like yesterday

Yes, I can confirm you are aswell.  

Bull's-eye

Old farts that can scroll through kickback but will struggle with Google wallet.

😆

25 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Should trial a cash turnstile for us (semi) oldies.  

'Change of a farthing mate?' 🙂