Top Posters In This Topic

• Francis Albert

• kila

• hughesie27

• AlphonseCapone

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

I for example do not understand why people would prefer to tell the time on a mobile phone rather than a wrist  watch.

Would it totally derail the thread if I said this is great because I'll have my ST on my watch? And yes, I'm 'auld'. :) 

kingantti1874

👍🏻 I already only have season tickets on phone.

scanned them and made a pass using “pass 2 u app”

no one else use this? 

brawlad74

It's a solid no from me. Not happy with this as don't have fancy Dan IT facilities. Keep the ST card petition starting. 

Harry Potter
2 hours ago, been here before said:

Pish.

Bring back the old paper voucher ones and the signs above the turnstyle with what number to tear out.

And dont forget the different colour ones at the back for cup games.

aye and a pie stall that takes cash.

Fort Vallance
1 hour ago, Mr Rabbit said:

IMG_3796.jpeg

My grandson uses his watch to get in. World's gone mad.

Jack Torrance
18 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

no one else use this? 

Yeah used that, but still use the card strangely enough, even though I use my digital wallet for everything else.

The books you tore out that have been mentioned, were good. Then the cards were an improvement. Now the new fangled app that's coming will be great.

Progress. 

I hate cash, and having to carry stuff around.

Might be tricky throwing the digital card over the fence to let a mate get in though.

😆

John Findlay
24 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

no one else use this? 

Yip me too.

Bazzas right boot

Folk moaning  about something going digital on a digital platform. 

The world needs reset, we're all ****ed.

Daft of me - should’ve read the article link first 🤣🤣🤣🤪

I’ll definitely add it to my phone wallet- great in case I forget my card. 

Edited by FJT
Daftie!

Bazzas right boot
25 minutes ago, brawlad74 said:

It's a solid no from me. Not happy with this as don't have fancy Dan IT facilities. Keep the ST card petition starting. 

How are you posting?

Also,  it's a new way, not the only way.

Francis Albert
4 minutes ago, Pete Elliott said:

Very welcome option to have.

Yep. Rereading the OP I think it is an option. But the statement could have been clearer simply by saying it is an alternative to a physical card. And made it clear that "What You Need To Do" was a need to do only if you wanted a digital version.

Thunder and Lightning
51 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Sneaky. 😏

It's a flawed system, if you need to sell/transfer your ticket you send the whole season ticket. You have to rely on them sending it back. 

Fine if it's a friend but means you can't sell the odd game if you can't make it without knowing the person. 

Will likely help the ticket exchange. 

They’re not going to force every 80 year old pensioner to buy a smart phone ffs :lol:

I would imagine that this is just an additional option for those who prefer it, doesn’t leave anything to complain about really…

brawlad74
8 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

How are you posting?

Also,  it's a new way, not the only way.

Posting with fat fingers on old phone. If you're saying we can choose to keep old way I'm happy. 

Thunder and Lightning
28 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Folk moaning  about something going digital on a digital platform. 

The world needs reset, we're all ****ed.

You first. 

hughesie27
1 hour ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Surprised we've not done this before. Excellent move by the club. Less plastic being used and wasted.

They aren't getting rid of the physical cards ffs. It's in addition to. :facepalm:

hughesie27
1 hour ago, Daktari said:

Would it totally derail the thread if I said this is great because I'll have my ST on my watch? And yes, I'm 'auld'. :) 

I think the Digital ST will still work as a QR code needing scanned rather than an NFC contactless option, like your bank card use for tapping. Would be surprised of the scanners could read a small watch screen.

Francis Albert
52 minutes ago, brawlad74 said:

Posting with fat fingers on old phone. If you're saying we can choose to keep old way I'm happy. 

could have made it clearer it is an option. eg in the "What do yo need to do now" section. If it is an option you 

don't need to do anything.

FarmerTweedy
3 hours ago, Lone Striker said:

WHat if you don't use Google Pay, and refuse to ever use it   ?     Anyway, why are they doing this ?  Whats the advantage to the club ?

Just use your card! Not that hard to work out, surely?

Bull's-eye

Bring back pay at the gate, much more straightforward for everyone.

😃

Dennis Reynolds
56 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

I think the Digital ST will still work as a QR code needing scanned rather than an NFC contactless option, like your bank card use for tapping. Would be surprised of the scanners could read a small watch screen.

Prepare to be surprised as they do. 

hughesie27
31 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

Prepare to be surprised as they do. 

:vrwow:

brawlad74
1 hour ago, Francis Albert said:

could have made it clearer it is an option. eg in the "What do yo need to do now" section. If it is an option you 

don't need to do anything.

Doing nothing suits me. Thanks for that. 

1 hour ago, hughesie27 said:

Would be surprised of the scanners could read a small watch screen.

It’s an Apple Watch Ultra. The screen is actually bigger than the QR code on my season ticket. 👍

By The Light..
4 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

I have never forgotten my ST. My phone running out of juice on the other hand? Happened yesterday.

get it tattooed on the back of your hand or your forehead 

AlphonseCapone
3 hours ago, hughesie27 said:

They aren't getting rid of the physical cards ffs. It's in addition to. :facepalm:

Ah I see, jesus, how embarrassing a mistake I've made, the absolute horror of it :cornette:

P.S. that said, they'll likely give people the option next year to not get a plastic one so point still stands.

Edited by AlphonseCapone

Anything digital needed to be used on entry is likely to only have an effect with old and drunk people 

hughesie27
3 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Ah I see, jesus, how embarrassing a mistake I've made, the absolute horror of it :cornette:

P.S. that said, they'll likely give people the option next year to not get a plastic one so point still stands.

They won't do that either. 

AlphonseCapone
3 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

They won't do that either. 

Why don't you think so?

It would seem like the next logical move and is common for other events, albeit one off events. Other clubs have already scrapped physical season tickets altogether: https://www.safc.com/news/ticket-news/2023/march/2023-24-renewals-safc-launch-digital-season-tickets

Jim_Duncan

*currently sketching a flick-page gif to show my response*

*heading to post office*

hughesie27
3 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Why don't you think so?

It would seem like the next logical move and is common for other events, albeit one off events. Other clubs have already scrapped physical season tickets altogether: https://www.safc.com/news/ticket-news/2023/march/2023-24-renewals-safc-launch-digital-season-tickets

We've only just installed self scan machines in recent years. Another few before we get rid of handing out plastic cards i reckon. And I don't think out TO has enough staff to create 2 groups of ST holders they need to sort through. Just give everyone a new card that needs one i'd imagine.

Edited by hughesie27

Pete Elliott
20 minutes ago, Jim_Duncan said:

*currently sketching a flick-page gif to show my response*

*heading to post office*

:jjyay:

john thomas
6 hours ago, RustyRightPeg said:

It's 2024.

Out there , maybe

In my house it's 1956

RustyRightPeg
9 hours ago, john thomas said:

Out there , maybe

In my house it's 1956

Wasn't meant to be a disrespectful comment might I add. But, the point is probably relevant that in this day and age more fans have access to and can make use of the benefits of a smartphone than those that can't. 

Halliphax
14 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

no one else use this? 

That’s what I did - sick of carrying a wallet around 

17 hours ago, Lone Striker said:

WHat if you don't use Google Pay, and refuse to ever use it   ?     Anyway, why are they doing this ?  Whats the advantage to the club ?

The question you should be asking is, "what is the advantage to the supporter".
The answer is fairly simple. 
A good % will prefer to use this method, you don't need to worry about forgetting your ST, it's on your phone.
In time more people will use this method. 
Nobody has said it's compulsory, so only those who want to use it will.
A great move by the club, more positive evolution.

Some of us already use our phones to get access, You don't need to be a rocket scientist to work out how to do it.
Very handy to do, just incase you forget your ST anyway.

john thomas
4 hours ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Wasn't meant to be a disrespectful comment might I add. But, the point is probably relevant that in this day and age more fans have access to and can make use of the benefits of a smartphone than those that can't. 

Was paraphrasing Tony Soprano

Jack Torrance

Maybe James anderson could fire some of Lingotto's funds our way to trial some innovative season ticket eye scanners.

Fxxx the SPFL
22 hours ago, Lone Striker said:

👍  Yeah, deep down I know its no big deal and fairly secure to use.   I  misplace my phone much more often than  I misplace my ST card though  🙄

Not necessarily I’m sure there was a scam down in England recently were a fake QR code was placed over another at some parking area resulting in a few folk losing out

heartened

If this always remains optional, I have no problem with it but I would not be happy if it were to become the sole form of season ticket. I possess a smart phone so, in theory, I could engage with a digital form. The heat generated by my birthday cakes is now becoming more significant and threatening the very existence of ice flows. I have reluctantly and only recently embraced this technology and only to a limited degree. I don't use nor want to use a digital wallet, in fact, I'm sick of everything having to be done by App. I don't have to be surgically removed from the phone and quite happy to go out without it. If you want a digital ticket then fill your boots. Just let me continue to use my physical card.

Lone Striker
1 hour ago, **** the SPFL said:

Not necessarily I’m sure there was a scam down in England recently were a fake QR code was placed over another at some parking area resulting in a few folk losing out

Yes. I heard about that. Its a newish scam taking advantage of the gobbledygook-ness of QR codes, and that folk now just point their cameras at them to pay for something or "visit our (fake) website"  etc.  The scammers just put their own QR sticker on top of the correct one.  Car parks were the easy ones - it only came to light when drivers got parking tickets and argued that they already paid by phone.     QR codes  present a problem for legit businesses in how to prove to a legit customer that they're actually the legit business.

upgotheheads
On 07/02/2024 at 16:20, kila said:

You’ll still be able to use a card.

I’ve got a photo of my card’s QR code so I can use my phone already. Handy for letting someone else use your ST without having to meet them. 

I bloody well hope so. Apps are great until they aren't, my council gym membership has an app that refuses to work on my Samsung phone so they have had to give me a card.

henryheart

I don't have a mobile phone so this is no use to me. It is my choice, a lifestyle decision and I'm perfectly happy with it. I've no problem with what is proposed as I can see that some people on here are wildly enthusiastic about it, but only on the basis of that it is an option and I will be able to keep using my card.

Francis Albert

Another thread illustrating that ageism is the last acceptable prejudice. Why the anger when people express a preferance for phisical rather than digital tranactions.

(The Sunderland pitch for digital STs as usual tries to sell it as a benfit to the customer rather then for the business)

On 07/02/2024 at 22:43, AlphonseCapone said:

Why don't you think so?

Whilst Sunderland are saying this, if you pop into their ticket office they give you a card if you want one, they keep it quiet though. 

At the recent Newcastle match, lots of folk who don't normally go having real trouble with digital tickets at the turnstiles, queues were mental, that and everyone was pished :lol:  

Most folk do use the digital version though, and it can be a QR or NFC whatever you fancy.

Edited by cheetah